Jump to topic:

Questionaire for Evolutionists

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2016 3:18:45 AM
Posted: 8 months ago
I will put forward some of the evolutionary theories and you tell me if you accept the concept or do not accept.

I will then give my ideas on the questions one by one.

1.Mutations provide the raw materials needed to create new species. The teaching of macroevolution is built on the claim that mutations can do this.

2. Natural selection led to the creation of new species. Darwin believed that what he called natural selection would favor those life-forms best suited to the environment, whereas less suitable life-forms would eventually die off. Modern evolutionists teach that as species spread and became isolated, natural selection chose the ones with gene mutations that made them capable of surviving in their new environment. As a result, evolutionists speculate, these isolated groups eventually developed into totally new species.

3.The fossil record documents macroevolutionary changes. The previously mentioned NAS brochure leaves the reader with the impression that the fossils found by scientists more than adequately document macroevolution. It declares: "So many intermediate forms have been discovered between fish and amphibians, between amphibians and reptiles, between reptiles and mammals, and along the primate lines of descent that it often is difficult to identify categorically when the transition occurs from one to another particular species."

There you go, just three simple statements about the theory of evolution. Just answer agree or don't agree. We can go into the whys and wherefores later.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 7:28:31 PM
At 4/7/2016 3:18:45 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I will put forward some of the evolutionary theories and you tell me if you accept the concept or do not accept.

1.Mutations provide the raw materials needed to create new species. The teaching of macroevolution is built on the claim that mutations can do this.
Agree

2. Natural selection led to the creation of new species. Darwin believed that what he called natural selection would favor those life-forms best suited to the environment, whereas less suitable life-forms would eventually die off. Modern evolutionists teach that as species spread and became isolated, natural selection chose the ones with gene mutations that made them capable of surviving in their new environment. As a result, evolutionists speculate, these isolated groups eventually developed into totally new species.
Disagree

3.The fossil record documents macroevolutionary changes. The previously mentioned NAS brochure leaves the reader with the impression that the fossils found by scientists more than adequately document macroevolution. It declares: "So many intermediate forms have been discovered between fish and amphibians, between amphibians and reptiles, between reptiles and mammals, and along the primate lines of descent that it often is difficult to identify categorically when the transition occurs from one to another particular species."
Agree somewhat

There you go, just three simple statements about the theory of evolution. Just answer agree or don't agree. We can go into the whys and wherefores later.
distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2016 11:33:06 PM

I love it! Creationist questionnaires are so easy.

Yes.

That is correct. We have witnessed different levels of speciation and sub-speciation. Because of the gradual transitional nature of evolution, we see populations in different levels of difference. We also see examples of evolution of new functions. I talked about the evolution to digest a nylon product and presented scientific research showing the exact genes that were mutated and you never got back to me on that.

That is correct. We also see a lot of genetic evidence as well.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/9/2016 2:41:44 AM

Why did you put this in the 'Society" forum?
Meh!