Jump to topic:

Find out if you're a closet racist

Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 8:42:00 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
It said that I associated black people with weapons more than with whites.
I thought the test was inaccurate, because my hand-eye coordination blows, as I found myself getting multiple X's for anything shown.
Did not like.
I miss the old members.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 9:38:28 PM
"Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for African American compared to European American."

ummm, okay. Interesting result, considering that I've always lived in towns that are less then 1% black, so one would expect, if anything, I would have a lack of cultural understanding, rather then a "preference"
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 10:00:38 PM
It says I have a slight preference for European Americans. However, I think the test is flawed. It made me associate left with black so that really confused me when they switched it around.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 10:18:16 PM
"Your data suggest a moderate association of Female with Career and Male with Family compared to Male with Career and Female with Family."

That's interesting.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 10:35:58 PM
Hmmm . . . racism good with a side of salad . . .
Racism tests are racist in their own existence so the test itself would bear no weight for it is inherently racist and racists cannot detect racists hence creating a paradox of sorts which makes me a racist for being racist against the racist test . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 10:45:43 PM
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

though i don't think the result is justified, mainly because the method seems stupid.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 10:54:53 PM
Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for African American compared to European American.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2010 11:05:07 PM
Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for Gay People compared to Straight People.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 7:43:09 AM
Wow, you guys all have such unconventional results.

For me, I laughed out loud at how hard it was for me to quickly associate female with career words. I definitely have that bias.

@Freedo
The test answers your objection if you read the FAQ at the end of it, on the results page.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 5:47:29 PM
I'm British, so if it turns out that I'm not a closet racist, I get shunned by my peers and chased out of the county by an angry mob.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 7:41:25 PM
I am a closet racist, closet homophobe, and strongly identify men with science. A little bit surpringly but it was almost half expected.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/24/2010 8:07:37 PM
At 11/24/2010 5:47:29 PM, Veridas wrote:
I'm British, so if it turns out that I'm not a closet racist, I get shunned by my peers and chased out of the county by an angry mob.

Try living in Oklahoma