Jump to topic:

Otherkin should get minority rights!

Wolfkin123
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2016 11:16:27 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
Today, governments around the world protect vulnerable groups, or minorities, from discrimination and prejudice by giving them extra rights and helping them through times of hate and despair. Yet one group--the otherkins--is conspiciously missing from the list of protected minorities. Otherkin get the same discrimination and are harmed by the same prejudice as African-Americans and womyn. Thus, we should receive the same minority rights that they do.

Otherkin are often laughed at, bullied, and discriminated against. When a potential employer hears the truth that you are really a wolf in a human body, they just laugh it off as nonsense and refuse to hire you. I think that the discrimination against us is real.

Otherkins aren't crazy, insane, or deluded. We are otherkin because we are enlightened. Otherkins are real. When I don't have my tail on, I feel like something's missing.
My pronouns are (xe/xym/xyr). Please use them to be respectful.
roun12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:09:36 AM
I am a Half-Wolf Half-Dragon kin. Thank you for making this topic. Otherkin should not be looked down on. The government is being horrifically neglectful to our identities. This is part of who we are and if people can't accept this then they don't deserve us.......... I think I lost some brain cells just writing this...............
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 1:23:47 AM
At 4/15/2016 1:09:36 AM, roun12 wrote:
I am a Half-Wolf Half-Dragon kin. Thank you for making this topic. Otherkin should not be looked down on. The government is being horrifically neglectful to our identities. This is part of who we are and if people can't accept this then they don't deserve us.......... I think I lost some brain cells just writing this...............

Kek!
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 8:57:54 PM
At 4/14/2016 11:23:59 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Women*

Also finally an otherkin topic. The laughs we will have!

Also welcome to DDO!

Actually, "womyn" is an alternate spelling used by some hardcore feminists.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 9:13:27 PM
Does this mean that people who sexually identify as Apache Helicopters should be treated as a minority as well?
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/15/2016 10:09:28 PM
At 4/15/2016 8:57:54 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 4/14/2016 11:23:59 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
Women*

Also finally an otherkin topic. The laughs we will have!

Also welcome to DDO!

Actually, "womyn" is an alternate spelling used by some hardcore feminists.

I know. I wish it wasn't.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 1:28:21 AM
At 4/14/2016 11:16:27 PM, Wolfkin123 wrote:
Today, governments around the world protect vulnerable groups, or minorities, from discrimination and prejudice by giving them extra rights and helping them through times of hate and despair. Yet one group--the otherkins--is conspiciously missing from the list of protected minorities. Otherkin get the same discrimination and are harmed by the same prejudice as African-Americans and womyn. Thus, we should receive the same minority rights that they do.

Otherkin are often laughed at, bullied, and discriminated against. When a potential employer hears the truth that you are really a wolf in a human body, they just laugh it off as nonsense and refuse to hire you. I think that the discrimination against us is real.

Otherkins aren't crazy, insane, or deluded. We are otherkin because we are enlightened. Otherkins are real. When I don't have my tail on, I feel like something's missing.

Otherkin and all those weird new terms tumblr people came up with are mentally ill and should be thrown into gas chambers for being worthless inferior specimen.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.