Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Is Women Empowerment Req. in Modern. Society?

jonathansport
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2016 8:05:53 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
"Women Empowerment" is something that has been growing year by year. I think that Empowerment of Women is something of the past and is of no need in the current scenario. Women once were denied education and equality and therefore were pushed down in the society. In such a society, it may turn out to be quite necessary.
Now, with the growth of education and equality for all, it is quite unnecessary for the empowerment of women. But still "Women Empowerment" groups keep thriving and are beginning to get a little cocky on increasing their rights.
So the question that arises is whether "Women Empowerment" in today's world really Empowerment of Women, or is it some kind of an excuse to give more power to women and to undermine the power of men?
Give your views on this issue.
Jon00
roun12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2016 12:09:03 PM
At 4/16/2016 8:05:53 AM, jonathansport wrote:
"Women Empowerment" is something that has been growing year by year. I think that Empowerment of Women is something of the past and is of no need in the current scenario. Women once were denied education and equality and therefore were pushed down in the society. In such a society, it may turn out to be quite necessary.
Now, with the growth of education and equality for all, it is quite unnecessary for the empowerment of women. But still "Women Empowerment" groups keep thriving and are beginning to get a little cocky on increasing their rights.
So the question that arises is whether "Women Empowerment" in today's world really Empowerment of Women, or is it some kind of an excuse to give more power to women and to undermine the power of men?

If empowerment is complaining that some people sit with their legs a bit too far apart, complaining that there aren't enough of a certain kind of emoji, complaining about someone's Halloween costume, complaining about someone's choice of clothes and hairstyle, or complaining about someone saying a slightly off color joke then women must be SO EMPOWERED in these modern times of ours......Because it's 2016......
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 5:46:20 PM
If everything is equal, women always win.

Duh. They are smarter than men, and have tits. Might as well be armed with nuclear weapons.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 2:35:40 PM
The problem is, a movement needs to stay alive for its leaders to make money. Because of this 'women's empowerment' or feminism has become increasingly toxic. There are more radical feminists than I have ever seen or know of, and the biggest problem is they take statistics out of context.
Here are my views of feminism:

Many myths under 'patriarchy' have been debunked unless the definition is changed. An actual patriarchy would be found in much of the Middle East where women can't learn, work, or drive. I am assuming we are talking about western civilizations and society so I will discuss that.
First I will address abortion. Personally I do not have any real views on this. The main people attacking t are religious women, not men, therefore it would not be considered patriarchal.
Next is government representation. Majority does not equate to patriarchy nor discrimination. People are voted in by a near 50/50 population of men and women, therefore to get equal representation it would need to be forced. Either an executive order would be needed to force it or you would need women to only vote for women. This would be very oppressive, same is not necessarily equal.
Third is the wage gap. This has been proven false many times. The bulk of it is disproved by hours worked, type of job, and productivity. My sources with this would be in the 37 links of Shoe0nHead's video 'Buh my wage gap'. The wage gap is the average of all work, not discrimination for same work.
Fourth is the 'campus rape' or rape statistics in general. When including prisons men are raped more often per year. 2,600,000 women and 2,667,000 men. The 1/5 statistic used questions such as 'Have you ever been cat called?' to describe sexual harassment. 5 questions didn't fit the national law for sexual harassment and 3 didn't even fit the campuses. This and the sample size of roughly 200 people shows the inaccuracy of the statistics. These statistics were used to say 1/5 college women will be raped, the actual statistic is less than 1%, Lauren Southern has a good video on this myth.
Fifth the notion that "women should be as sexual as men" or "slut-shaming" as it is commonly referred to is a lie. It goes by the statement that men and women are the same sexually. An analogy for this would be "A key that opens many locks is a master key, a lock opened by many keys is a shitty lock". I"m sure the analogy is clear enough. And the victim-blaming society notion is pathetic. Asking "Where you drunk?" is far different that "You should not have been drunk". One is victim blaming, the other is finding a possible motivation. Same as asking if your door was locked in a robbery.
Sixth is the views towards migrants. For some reason feminists do not seem to realize that Islam is a very flawed religion towards women. They are all for letting migrants in and do not understand that their views and themselves are not respected by the migrants. In Cologne Germany there were over 160 reports of sexual assault from 1000 migrants. This should be enough to prove that they do not support "feminism" and yet feminists will keep telling themselves otherwise. Like in Cologne when the woman mayor said "It is always possible to stay an arm"s length away." Which would be a statement claimed in a rape culture, which they are importing. By being excepting they become what they are fighting.
Lanovil
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 4:16:18 AM
At 4/16/2016 8:05:53 AM, jonathansport wrote:

Even though the situation has improved over the past few years, "women's empowerment" is still necessary and a requirement. In the status quo, women earn less than their equivalent male counterparts and hold disproportionately fewer management positions. Female empowerment is necessary to achieving justice.
CHECK YOUR PRlVlLEGE!
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 4:25:34 AM
At 4/27/2016 4:16:18 AM, Lanovil wrote:
In the status quo, women earn less than their equivalent male counterparts and hold disproportionately fewer management positions.
Both for very good reasons.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw