Jump to topic:

We should criminalize microaggressions

Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 3:31:04 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
Over the past few decades, our society has made great leaps towards equality and justice. It used to be that prejudiced white people would be afraid when they enter a room full of African Americans and People of Colour. Now, this type of racism no longer occurs due to actions by activists like Martin Luther King. However, subtle, unconscious racism still manifests in the form of microaggressions. Microaggressions are harmful because the aggressor isn't aware of them and they make minorities feel unwelcome.

Take, for instance, when a Person of Colour enters a room full of white people. Xe would understandably be afraid of racism, making xem uncomfortable. Yet the white people are not counciously being racist.

Also take, for example, when a christian exists. Christianity makes Atheists feel uncomfortable because christians think that Atheists will all go to hell. Thus, christianity's existence is a microaggression against Atheism.

Due to the harms of microaggressions, it is impertinent that we prosecute microaggressors. One way of doing that would be to implant a microchip into the fore-brain of potential microaggressors. When they attempt to commit a microaggression, the microchip sends an electrical signal to stop them from committing it. Then, it communicates to authorities, who would promptly arrest them for re-education.

By complaining about microaggressions, we are making the lives of People of Colour better. One way this is true is because by having microaggressions enter the spotlight, White Nationalists would have their notion that freedom of speech is being censored for political correctness proven right, causing backlash and more racism. Another reason is that the backlash from censoring microaggressions would tear apart our society and pit the "victims" against the "aggressors", reducing unity. A final reason is that by publicizing microaggressions, we take time away from discussing about issues like the "bamboo ceiling" and real harrassment cases. As you can see, criminalizing microaggressions would make the world much more equal, with some of it more equal than others.
:) nac
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:09:03 AM
At 4/20/2016 3:31:04 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Over the past few decades, our society has made great leaps towards equality and justice. It used to be that prejudiced white people would be afraid when they enter a room full of African Americans and People of Colour. Now, this type of racism no longer occurs due to actions by activists like Martin Luther King. However, subtle, unconscious racism still manifests in the form of microaggressions. Microaggressions are harmful because the aggressor isn't aware of them and they make minorities feel unwelcome.

Take, for instance, when a Person of Colour enters a room full of white people. Xe would understandably be afraid of racism, making xem uncomfortable. Yet the white people are not counciously being racist.

Also take, for example, when a christian exists. Christianity makes Atheists feel uncomfortable because christians think that Atheists will all go to hell. Thus, christianity's existence is a microaggression against Atheism.

Due to the harms of microaggressions, it is impertinent that we prosecute microaggressors. One way of doing that would be to implant a microchip into the fore-brain of potential microaggressors. When they attempt to commit a microaggression, the microchip sends an electrical signal to stop them from committing it. Then, it communicates to authorities, who would promptly arrest them for re-education.

By complaining about microaggressions, we are making the lives of People of Colour better. One way this is true is because by having microaggressions enter the spotlight, White Nationalists would have their notion that freedom of speech is being censored for political correctness proven right, causing backlash and more racism. Another reason is that the backlash from censoring microaggressions would tear apart our society and pit the "victims" against the "aggressors", reducing unity. A final reason is that by publicizing microaggressions, we take time away from discussing about issues like the "bamboo ceiling" and real harrassment cases. As you can see, criminalizing microaggressions would make the world much more equal, with some of it more equal than others.

Either trolling or massive autism.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:12:08 AM
At 4/20/2016 4:07:37 AM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com...

A satire always contains exaggeration. You're pretending I'm saying my parody is a perfect representation of the target of criticism.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:28:46 AM
At 4/20/2016 4:12:08 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:

A satire always contains exaggeration. You're pretending I'm saying my parody is a perfect representation of the target of criticism.

Ahhh, suspected it was satire, but poe's law still stays on the internet and it boggles me to this day.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:30:46 AM
At 4/20/2016 4:28:46 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Ahhh, suspected it was satire, but poe's law still stays on the internet and it boggles me to this day.

I thought it was obvious.

My post was self contradictory:

It used to be that prejudiced white people would be afraid when they enter a room full of African Americans and People of Colour.

Take, for instance, when a Person of Colour enters a room full of white people. Xe would understandably be afraid of racism, making xem uncomfortable.

And I listed the problems of fixating on microaggressions:

One way this is true is because by having microaggressions enter the spotlight, White Nationalists would have their notion that freedom of speech is being censored for political correctness proven right, causing backlash and more racism. Another reason is that the backlash from censoring microaggressions would tear apart our society and pit the "victims" against the "aggressors", reducing unity. A final reason is that by publicizing microaggressions, we take time away from discussing about issues like the "bamboo ceiling" and real harrassment cases.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:32:08 AM
At 4/20/2016 4:30:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:

It used to be that prejudiced white people would be afraid when they enter a room full of African Americans and People of Colour.

Take, for instance, when a Person of Colour enters a room full of white people. Xe would understandably be afraid of racism, making xem uncomfortable.

One way this is true is because by having microaggressions enter the spotlight, White Nationalists would have their notion that freedom of speech is being censored for political correctness proven right, causing backlash and more racism. Another reason is that the backlash from censoring microaggressions would tear apart our society and pit the "victims" against the "aggressors", reducing unity. A final reason is that by publicizing microaggressions, we take time away from discussing about issues like the "bamboo ceiling" and real harrassment cases.

Yes, I did presume that it would have been satire over full out mental breakdowns, but with the kind of people on this site, one can truly never know until the writer confirms it fully.

I do agree though. I take microagressions microseriously.

Sam7411
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:35:04 AM
At 4/20/2016 4:32:08 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 4/20/2016 4:30:46 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:

Yes, I did presume that it would have been satire over full out mental breakdowns, but with the kind of people on this site, one can truly never know until the writer confirms it fully.

I do agree though. I take microagressions microseriously.

https://tumblr-argument-generator.lokaltog.net...
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:35:24 PM
At 4/20/2016 2:31:34 PM, YYW wrote:
It begins. I said this would happen, and here it is.

Luckily this is satire so it has not yet happened, but I fear we are getting close. Is it bad that I hope an actual war (either small or big) to happen? If it were, these people wouldn't have the time to complain about it.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:36:48 PM
At 4/20/2016 2:35:24 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:

Luckily this is satire so it has not yet happened, but I fear we are getting close. Is it bad that I hope an actual war (either small or big) to happen? If it were, these people wouldn't have the time to complain about it.

Today it's satire. It's one step closer...
Tsar of DDO
The_Great_Amalgam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 2:41:33 PM
At 4/20/2016 2:36:48 PM, YYW wrote:

One bad step for comedy, one giant trip into the correct.
Lanovil
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 5:11:24 AM
At 4/20/2016 2:41:33 PM, The_Great_Amalgam wrote:
At 4/20/2016 2:36:48 PM, YYW wrote:

One bad step for comedy, one giant trip into the correct.

I smell a slippery slope fallacy. There's no way we will implant electrodes into your brain. Okay, maybe less invasive ones, but it's not going to be as bad as described. We only want equality and fairness and affirmative action and quotas and no microaggressions, nothing more. We aren't limiting free speech, we are limiting anti-feminist hate speech with electrodes.
CHECK YOUR PRlVlLEGE!
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2016 2:28:22 PM
At 4/20/2016 3:31:04 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:

You are 1 of 2 things, a college gender studies student, or a troll. To answer your question simply, no.