Colorado State University Sued under Title 9

YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 3:58:46 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
http://denver.cbslocal.com...

Guy has sex with a girl. Sex was consensual. Girl confirms this. One of girl's busybody friends cries rape.

Guy gets thrown out of school. Girl insists that it was not rape, or misconduct. Continues to have sexual relationship.

Still thrown out of school.

Guy was star athlete with dreams of becoming a doctor. Girl's busybody friend ruined his life.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:10:54 PM
At 4/20/2016 4:00:56 PM, YYW wrote:
Rape continues to be a crime not even innocence is a sufficient defense for.

Looks like we are headed to a virtual sex society....
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 4:14:10 PM
I await the time when a guy who just looks at a girl as she walks by is accused of rape.

Feminists will argue that he "mentally penetrated" her.
Tsar of DDO
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:11:09 PM
At 4/20/2016 4:14:10 PM, YYW wrote:
I await the time when a guy who just looks at a girl as she walks by is accused of rape.

Basically, we've gotten to a point in time where if a woman claims rape, even if she wasn't involved, then the man's life is pretty much over. It's like Scottsboro, but it's sexism instead of racism.

Sure, rape does happen, and if a man rapes a woman, then they should be brought to justice. But from what I can see, it looks like we're heading down a path where a woman's claim will go unquestioned, whether or not if the claim is true.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 5:12:51 PM
At 4/20/2016 5:11:09 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 4/20/2016 4:14:10 PM, YYW wrote:

Basically, we've gotten to a point in time where if a woman claims rape, even if she wasn't involved, then the man's life is pretty much over. It's like Scottsboro, but it's sexism instead of racism.

Sure, rape does happen, and if a man rapes a woman, then they should be brought to justice. But from what I can see, it looks like we're heading down a path where a woman's claim will go unquestioned, whether or not if the claim is true.

Well said.
Tsar of DDO
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2016 6:18:43 PM
Sounds like, as far as the letter of the rule is concerned, he did technically commit rape. He didn't have a condom on, she said "no" under those circumstances, he stuck it in anyway, then he put a condom on shortly after that. It sucks, and I think this particular incident is an edge-case that is troubling.

I also agree with the guy's lawyer that gender discrimination is involved. There's no way the university would have taken a guy's concerns as seriously if he had said he was raped by a woman who jumped on him before he could get the condom on, or who said she was on birth control when she wasn't.
Carolean_Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 3:44:28 PM
At 4/20/2016 3:58:46 PM, YYW wrote:

Guy has sex with a girl. Sex was consensual. Girl confirms this. One of girl's busybody friends cries rape.

Guy gets thrown out of school. Girl insists that it was not rape, or misconduct. Continues to have sexual relationship.

Guy was star athlete with dreams of becoming a doctor. Girl's busybody friend ruined his life.

OMG rape is such a huge issue on college campuses! Why do they even let those filthy men attend the same universities as women?! We should just segregate colleges so women never have to deal with the plight of males ever again! And while we're at it, let's put the crackers in separate schools too! But don't make them all nice and stuff, they don't deserve it. Ooh! and separate drinking fountains too...

No matter how ridiculously I satirize these people, they always find a way to be even more crazy than my hyperbole in a fine display of one-upmanship. Just wait and see, one day you will meet someone who actually believes in the above paragraph. Wait and see...
NothingSpecial99
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2016 4:01:43 PM
At 4/20/2016 3:58:46 PM, YYW wrote:

Rape is an extremely serious accusation against someone. To falsely use it just infuriates me. Each false accusation makes things worse for actual rape victims as they are less likely to be taken seriously.
"Check your facts, not your privilege" - Christina Hoff Summers

If you go to jail for Tax Evasion, you're living off of Taxes as a result of not paying Taxes

"Facts don't care about your feelings" - Ben Shapiro