Is Anita Hill...

Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:38:35 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/24/2016 4:41:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
The Mother of Modern day Microaggression theory?

I've seen her speak on a few occasions; unimpressed.
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:43:23 PM
At 4/24/2016 5:38:35 PM, Peepette wrote:

I was just watching a show on HBO and reminiscing the whole "who put a pubic hair on my coke can" scandal....

I think she paved the way for outrage over sexual micro-aggressions in the workplace. Looking at where she is now, it suits her to be a professor of micro- aggression studies.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 5:46:50 PM
At 4/24/2016 5:43:23 PM, Greyparrot wrote:

I was just watching a show on HBO and reminiscing the whole "who put a pubic hair on my coke can" scandal....

I think she paved the way for outrage over sexual micro-aggressions in the workplace. Looking at where she is now, it suits her to be a professor of micro- aggression studies.

She's riding on her 15 minutes of fame trail. I wonder what she'll do next after this PC micro-aggression fad fades to dust in a few years.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:35:58 PM
At 4/24/2016 5:46:50 PM, Peepette wrote:

She's riding on her 15 minutes of fame trail. I wonder what she'll do next after this PC micro-aggression fad fades to dust in a few years.

I have a feeling it'll go one of two ways.
1. It's going to become increasingly popular among most, and forced upon the rest. We'll then descend into a state of stupidity for several years before people begin to realize "this is stupid" and eventually it'll die down a bit.
2. It'll get more popular, but not too much. Eventually the main public will stop caring at all and the main matter will reside mostly over the internet, only returning for major events that they can bring their say in, in which the process will continue for step 2 like a cycle.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2016 6:39:29 PM
At 4/24/2016 6:35:58 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 4/24/2016 5:46:50 PM, Peepette wrote:

I have a feeling it'll go one of two ways.
1. It's going to become increasingly popular among most, and forced upon the rest. We'll then descend into a state of stupidity for several years before people begin to realize "this is stupid" and eventually it'll die down a bit.
2. It'll get more popular, but not too much. Eventually the main public will stop caring at all and the main matter will reside mostly over the internet, only returning for major events that they can bring their say in, in which the process will continue for step 2 like a cycle.

Pretty much as you state. Either way it will go away, hopefully sooner rather than later.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 8:48:36 PM

First off... Clarence Thomas probably is an old perv, and he probably did sexually harass her, but I really don't care.

Secondly, no. She's... just a person who testified about what an old perv probably said to her.
Tsar of DDO
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 8:50:00 PM
At 4/29/2016 8:48:36 PM, YYW wrote:

First off... Clarence Thomas probably is an old perv, and he probably did sexually harass her, but I really don't care.

Secondly, no. She's... just a person who testified about what an old perv probably said to her.

One man's microjoke is another woman's microagression.