Jump to topic:

We must break up nuclear families

Lanovil
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 4:13:33 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
For the past few centuries, the idea of a nuclear family has been imposed over us by religious organizations and politicians. They seek to remove our freedom to, instead of having a family of a man and a woman, having a family of a man and another man or a machine consisting of 5 men and 7 women that occasionally create aborted fetuses. By destroying the construct of the nuclear family and encouraging the formation of alternative family units, we are cracking down on homophobic oppression.

To prove that, I shall analyze why the nuclear family is oppressive. In a world full of nuclear families, people who seek to form alternative families are seen as "abnormal". This practically makes them unfree to form alternative family structures. Thus, we must make nuclear families rarer so that family structures become diverse. The government shouldn't be able to tell us that a family cannot be 5 women, 2 men, 10 dogs, a car, and 5 aborted fetuses on a necklace.
CHECK YOUR PRlVlLEGE!
roun12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 10:17:43 AM
At 4/27/2016 4:13:33 AM, Lanovil wrote:
For the past few centuries, the idea of a nuclear family has been imposed over us by religious organizations and politicians. They seek to remove our freedom to, instead of having a family of a man and a woman, having a family of a man and another man or a machine consisting of 5 men and 7 women that occasionally create aborted fetuses. By destroying the construct of the nuclear family and encouraging the formation of alternative family units, we are cracking down on homophobic oppression.

To prove that, I shall analyze why the nuclear family is oppressive. In a world full of nuclear families, people who seek to form alternative families are seen as "abnormal". This practically makes them unfree to form alternative family structures. Thus, we must make nuclear families rarer so that family structures become diverse. The government shouldn't be able to tell us that a family cannot be 5 women, 2 men, 10 dogs, a car, and 5 aborted fetuses on a necklace.

I'm not quite sure what I just read.....But good luck with that.
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
EvanescentEfflorescence
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 7:52:38 AM

Nuclear families arose from caloric deficit (i.e. women pair-bonding with men because eating-resources were scarce). It's not purely a "social construct". If you consider the historical, evolutionary advantage of the nuclear family, then you'll see that it isn't designed to oppress homosexuals.

To prove that, I shall analyze why the nuclear family is oppressive. In a world full of nuclear families, people who seek to form alternative families are seen as "abnormal". This practically makes them unfree to form alternative family structures. Thus, we must make nuclear families rarer so that family structures become diverse.

Do you have evidence that alternative formations are effective?

The government shouldn't be able to tell us that a family cannot be 5 women, 2 men, 10 dogs, a car, and 5 aborted fetuses on a necklace.
Free vote -- short read. I've spent well over 15 hours researching abortion in the past week, so there might be something there for you. I recommend reading Con's counter-arguments first to come to a quick decisions, but the choice is all yours:

http://www.debate.org...

The opponent didn't respond:

No response:

Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 5:45:14 AM
I'm not sure what you're prying into here but Nuclear family is often considered the secular version of family structures. Supposedly, under a typical nuclear, each spouse only has a role to please his or her partner and it is highly unlikely that they would extend such intimacy to other members of their circle. Are you talking about the co-existence of sharing domestic chores are you contesting against multiple family structures?

Where did you find this source? How did you twist this to be anti-religious?
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 2:20:31 AM

Or just let people make families how they want?
Meh!