Jump to topic:

A particular brand of mental illness

SpiritandTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2016 8:17:29 AM
Posted: 7 months ago
When people are overly nationalistic, pharisaically religious, xenophobic, obsessed with guns, opposed to co-existing, believe everything an Alpha says unquestioningly, and live off the grid.....

....they look like a potential domestic terrorist...

...or a personified COINTELPRO operation...

...or someone who is in serious need of GETTING REAL...

....But maybe, just maybe, they really will end up saving the country like they imagine in their dreams.

We'll have to wait until the next episode to find out.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. As many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of the will of God. The hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth,
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 12:53:25 AM
Whenever people (conservative or liberal) accuse the opposition of being mentally ill, they do exactly what has been done with the term "racist": they totally misuse the term and make it lose its credibility even when used to refer to actual racists/mentally ill people.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:38:37 AM
At 4/29/2016 12:53:25 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Whenever people (conservative or liberal) accuse the opposition of being mentally ill, they do exactly what has been done with the term "racist": they totally misuse the term and make it lose its credibility even when used to refer to actual racists/mentally ill people.

+1
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 3:14:02 AM
We oughta egg them on, so that linguistic hyperinflation sets in, and we can collectively stop paying attention
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Danimal4NU
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 6:30:11 PM

Yes you can add racist to the woodpile of words that have been watered-down and lost meaning in the modern political climate. Another word that gets thrown-around is brainwashed, what's funny is that it's usually used by somebody who has obviously thoroughly marinated their own brain in propaganda.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 7:33:52 PM
At 5/2/2016 6:30:11 PM, Danimal4NU wrote:

Yes you can add racist to the woodpile of words that have been watered-down and lost meaning in the modern political climate. Another word that gets thrown-around is brainwashed, what's funny is that it's usually used by somebody who has obviously thoroughly marinated their own brain in propaganda.

Everyone is brainwashed to some extent. And this isn't entirely a bad thing.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2016 11:55:18 PM

Your mentally ill because you disagree with me!!!!!1111one
:) nac