Jump to topic:

Make the case

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 8:44:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
OK, now that every kind of behavior and social premise is considered a civil right just because someone says it is. What is the legal argument that gives people who are confused about their sexuality the right to thumb their nose at long standing social etiquette regarding bathrooms acknowledged by 99.9% of all men and woman who are not confused by their sexuality. I say society has no moral or legal obligation to accommodate or appease anyone who is confused about their sexuality or just plain hates their own genitals. That is your problem, not mine or societies problem.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2016 9:58:47 PM
At 5/1/2016 8:44:55 PM, sadolite wrote:
OK, now that every kind of behavior and social premise is considered a civil right just because someone says it is. What is the legal argument that gives people who are confused about their sexuality the right to thumb their nose at long standing social etiquette regarding bathrooms acknowledged by 99.9% of all men and woman who are not confused by their sexuality. I say society has no moral or legal obligation to accommodate or appease anyone who is confused about their sexuality or just plain hates their own genitals. That is your problem, not mine or societies problem.

Actually, the majority of women now apparently support allowing transgender people to use the bathroom that they identify with. You can thank the media for that.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 12:01:24 PM

Transexuality is a diagnosed mental illness. In the same way that society helps people with disabilities with disabled toilets. We should offer similar privileges to transsexual people. They should be allowed to use men's, woman's or disabled bathrooms depending on how they define themselves. They are members of our society which makes them something that you and the rest of society have to deal with and acknowledge.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 8:12:55 PM
At 5/2/2016 12:01:24 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Transexuality is a diagnosed mental illness. In the same way that society helps people with disabilities with disabled toilets. We should offer similar privileges to transsexual people. They should be allowed to use men's, woman's or disabled bathrooms depending on how they define themselves. They are members of our society which makes them something that you and the rest of society have to deal with and acknowledge.

Oh I see "Transexuality is a diagnosed mental illness. ' But homosexuality isn't.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 8:22:19 PM
At 5/4/2016 8:12:55 PM, sadolite wrote:

Oh I see "Transexuality is a diagnosed mental illness. ' But homosexuality isn't.

Homosexuality is a result of their genetics. It's not a mental illness. Transexuality has been scientifically proven to be a mental illness. Homosexuality has also been scientifically proven to be a result of genetic makeup - not a mental illness.
John Galsworthy
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:54:10 PM
At 5/4/2016 8:22:19 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Homosexuality is a result of their genetics. It's not a mental illness. Transexuality has been scientifically proven to be a mental illness. Homosexuality has also been scientifically proven to be a result of genetic makeup - not a mental illness.

Yes it is scientifically proven to be a mental illness and not a fetish

famousdebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 9:59:10 PM
At 5/4/2016 9:54:10 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/4/2016 8:22:19 PM, famousdebater wrote:

Yes it is scientifically proven to be a mental illness and not a fetish

Those aren't mutually exclusive qualities. A person could easily be transsexual for both of those reasons.
John Galsworthy
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 11:08:12 AM

Mm. Well grounded. Very nice.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 9:40:32 PM
At 5/5/2016 11:08:12 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So lets get something strait. Transsexualism is a mental illness that the govt and science wants to enable, promote and perpetuate. Mental illness by it's very definition is a negative abnormal way of thinking. So we as a society the govt and the scientific community rather than treat and cure it will enable promote and perpetuate it.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2016 10:51:00 PM
At 5/5/2016 9:40:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 5/5/2016 11:08:12 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So lets get something strait. Transsexualism is a mental illness that the govt and science wants to enable, promote and perpetuate. Mental illness by it's very definition is a negative abnormal way of thinking. So we as a society the govt and the scientific community rather than treat and cure it will enable promote and perpetuate it.

... and you are replying to me because....?

The gov't wants to do all those things in the same way that a handicap parking space 'enables and promotes and perpetuates' other forms of illness. It was a well argued point, to me, a good case was made. If you would like to refute it, great, but replying to the person that found it admirable is like akin to a boxer beating up a fan rather than his opponent.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...