Jump to topic:

On the matter of Racism and Equality

Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 5:27:41 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
I've come to understand and accept that my views on this issue are unpopular. This seems to be the only topic that raises serious controversy regarding my character. I'd like to state, here and now, that I think this is a futile pursuit. I am still not convinced that the facts are wrong, but do accept that the gap is closing. I also know I will never convince the members here, who are minorities, that I am correct, and understand the emotional appeal side of it all that they rely on.

This is me saying that I will no longer participate in any threads on the matter of racism. So, to both the SJW's and to those who agree that we are not all equal, I wish you the best in the future discussions on this matter, I will not be investing any further time or effort into these discussions.

Perhaps someday I will be convinced otherwise. Perhaps there will finally be a study that does refute Rushton and Jenson, rather than just showing that the gap they proved to exist is now getting smaller and smaller. If that day does ever come, you better believe that I'll be arguing for equality with as much tenacity as I've argued my current views on the matter.

Lastly, I do apologize if my comments or position have been deemed insensitive. While I won't apologize for them specifically since they are correct, I do understand how, regardless of correctness, they are still insensitive. It was not my intent to offend, but rather to live my life in a realistic manner that acknowledges reality. In that pursuit, I have offended some - and for that I do apologize.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2016 11:01:36 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 5/9/2016 5:27:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:
I've come to understand and accept that my views on this issue are unpopular. This seems to be the only topic that raises serious controversy regarding my character. I'd like to state, here and now, that I think this is a futile pursuit. I am still not convinced that the facts are wrong, but do accept that the gap is closing. I also know I will never convince the members here, who are minorities, that I am correct, and understand the emotional appeal side of it all that they rely on.

This is me saying that I will no longer participate in any threads on the matter of racism. So, to both the SJW's and to those who agree that we are not all equal, I wish you the best in the future discussions on this matter, I will not be investing any further time or effort into these discussions.

Perhaps someday I will be convinced otherwise. Perhaps there will finally be a study that does refute Rushton and Jenson, rather than just showing that the gap they proved to exist is now getting smaller and smaller. If that day does ever come, you better believe that I'll be arguing for equality with as much tenacity as I've argued my current views on the matter.

Lastly, I do apologize if my comments or position have been deemed insensitive. While I won't apologize for them specifically since they are correct, I do understand how, regardless of correctness, they are still insensitive. It was not my intent to offend, but rather to live my life in a realistic manner that acknowledges reality. In that pursuit, I have offended some - and for that I do apologize.

I predict when you get into law school (or possibly before then), that you will meet a beautiful black woman, who will challenge you intellectually, and you will end up falling in love, different than you do with the women who are interested in breeding for the sake of genetics as much as you are. You will marry and have mixed kids, and when you realize that your children are as bright, loving and curious as children can possibly be, you will become a lawyer who fights for all the people who get bad press. This is my wish for you anyway, and for you to find the kind of love that removes all traces of racism.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/16/2016 2:36:45 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 5/9/2016 5:27:41 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

I agree that your position is correct but I also agree that this is a subject that probably best left out of public discussion. The very act of discussion causes harm but there is no solution. Individuals that believe they can equally participate in a good future are more likely to contribute to society in a positive way to attain that future. Then everybody wins.