Total Posts:6|Showing Posts:1-6
Jump to topic:

Male Stereotype

Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 7:32:15 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Why does society assume that all men are sex addicts who only want to be pleasured? Women always tell people not to treat them like objects but men are treated like sex toys in society while women are treated like the consumers of the sex toys. This stereotype is really upsetting for me, considering that I'm a male. Please, serious comments only. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 7:52:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 7:32:15 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
Why does society assume that all men are sex addicts who only want to be pleasured?

That dramatizes it a bit but men are objectively more interested in sex than women.

Think about sex every day: Men 70%; Women 34%
Enjoy sex a "great deal": Men 83%; Women 59%
http://abcnews.go.com...

Thats just the first study I saw on Google. There are many many more. So I don't think its bad to think that males are more interested in sex than women, because they are. But calling them sex addicts and the such is dumb.

Women always tell people not to treat them like objects but men are treated like sex toys in society while women are treated like the consumers of the sex toys.

I don't really understand this premise, what do you mean by sex toys?

This stereotype is really upsetting for me, considering that I'm a male. Please, serious comments only. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day.

No worries
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:00:50 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 7:52:31 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 6/1/2016 7:32:15 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
Why does society assume that all men are sex addicts who only want to be pleasured?

That dramatizes it a bit but men are objectively more interested in sex than women.

Think about sex every day: Men 70%; Women 34%
Enjoy sex a "great deal": Men 83%; Women 59%
http://abcnews.go.com...

Thats just the first study I saw on Google. There are many many more. So I don't think its bad to think that males are more interested in sex than women, because they are. But calling them sex addicts and the such is dumb.

Women always tell people not to treat them like objects but men are treated like sex toys in society while women are treated like the consumers of the sex toys.

I don't really understand this premise, what do you mean by sex toys?

This stereotype is really upsetting for me, considering that I'm a male. Please, serious comments only. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day.

No worries
By sex toys, what I mean is that men tend to be treated like they're supposed to arouse people in a sexual way and sexually please/entertain them and by saying that women are treated like consumers of the sex toys, I am saying that women tend to be treated like they're supposed to use the aroused men in a sexual way that connects to their sexual fantasies. For example, in many of the sexual harassment social experiment videos on YouTube, when the man gets sexually harassed and screams for help, people sometimes come up to him not to help him but to tell him that he should be lucky and that the girl who's harassing him is beautiful. I apologize for not being clear enough.
Hayd
Posts: 4,022
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:47:17 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 8:00:50 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/1/2016 7:52:31 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 6/1/2016 7:32:15 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
Why does society assume that all men are sex addicts who only want to be pleasured?

That dramatizes it a bit but men are objectively more interested in sex than women.

Think about sex every day: Men 70%; Women 34%
Enjoy sex a "great deal": Men 83%; Women 59%
http://abcnews.go.com...

Thats just the first study I saw on Google. There are many many more. So I don't think its bad to think that males are more interested in sex than women, because they are. But calling them sex addicts and the such is dumb.

Women always tell people not to treat them like objects but men are treated like sex toys in society while women are treated like the consumers of the sex toys.

I don't really understand this premise, what do you mean by sex toys?

This stereotype is really upsetting for me, considering that I'm a male. Please, serious comments only. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful day.

No worries
By sex toys, what I mean is that men tend to be treated like they're supposed to arouse people in a sexual way and sexually please/entertain them and by saying that women are treated like consumers of the sex toys, I am saying that women tend to be treated like they're supposed to use the aroused men in a sexual way that connects to their sexual fantasies. For example, in many of the sexual harassment social experiment videos on YouTube, when the man gets sexually harassed and screams for help, people sometimes come up to him not to help him but to tell him that he should be lucky and that the girl who's harassing him is beautiful. I apologize for not being clear enough.

If you have ever been to a straight stripper club, or seen one in movies, it is the women who are trying to arouse men, not the men trying to arouse women. So although it might be the way you say in some circumstances, it is the other way around in the great majority of circumstances. Although, I don't think this is really an issue, as I don't see much of a problem as women being the centerpiece of arousal.
bsh1
Posts: 27,504
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2016 8:51:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/1/2016 7:58:19 PM, keithprosser wrote:
Think about sex every day: Men 70%; Women 34%

That demonstrates that 30% of men lie on surveys.

Lol
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.


"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...