Jump to topic:

Why do people sag?

Foodiesoul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 6:49:31 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
In my high school, I'd say that about 76% of the boys sag. I am in the 24%. Why is it that people sag? A lot of boys in my school think that sagging is cool but it's not! It's gross! I do not want to see a person's underwear in public. It's just gross. It's even worse when the person is commando because that just leaves me scarred for life.

Most schools make it very clear that sagging is not allowed and yet people still sag and the schools can't really do that much about it because so many people sag.

Is there a psychological reason why people sag? Do they do it for fun or do they just think it's cool?

Also, is there a reason why more males sag than females? I've never seen a female sag.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 7:57:15 PM
At 6/2/2016 6:49:31 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
In my high school, I'd say that about 76% of the boys sag. I am in the 24%. Why is it that people sag? A lot of boys in my school think that sagging is cool but it's not! It's gross! I do not want to see a person's underwear in public. It's just gross. It's even worse when the person is commando because that just leaves me scarred for life.

Most schools make it very clear that sagging is not allowed and yet people still sag and the schools can't really do that much about it because so many people sag.

Is there a psychological reason why people sag? Do they do it for fun or do they just think it's cool?

Because black gangsters sag, and black gangsters are considered cool by white wannabes.

Also, is there a reason why more males sag than females? I've never seen a female sag.

According to traditional western cultural norms, an immodestly dressed dude isn't considered a big deal. After all, girls generally don't have anything that comes close to the male sex drive, so male immodesty has little effect on them. Likewise, men don't generally have that same desire to "look sexy" as women do.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 9:34:00 PM

It's because they are degenerates and saying anything to them about it will brand you a racist.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 10:52:01 PM
One of my grandsons, a blue eyed blond, started this sag thing. I told him he's not gangster being a middle class white kid from the burbs; pretenders are not cool. I got the eye roll. After a few good unexpected grandma yanks upward with the back of his pants, he found it far more comfortable to keep his pants at his waist.
bhakun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:13:17 AM
Because people are free-thinking and can do whatever they hell they want if it doesn't affect you. If you don't like to look at it, then don't look at it instead of complaining about it on an internet forum.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:07:04 AM
It is a style influenced by gay prisoners advertising they arevopen for business. The kids at your school are gay.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:09:05 AM
At 6/2/2016 10:52:01 PM, Peepette wrote:
One of my grandsons, a blue eyed blond, started this sag thing. I told him he's not gangster being a middle class white kid from the burbs; pretenders are not cool. I got the eye roll. After a few good unexpected grandma yanks upward with the back of his pants, he found it far more comfortable to keep his pants at his waist.

This is how openly gay people identify each other. Please don't be bigoted towards your gay grandson.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 9:10:25 AM
At 6/3/2016 2:13:17 AM, bhakun wrote:
Because people are free-thinking and can do whatever they hell they want if it doesn't affect you. If you don't like to look at it, then don't look at it instead of complaining about it on an internet forum.

Then don't say anything if somebody you love gets raped, people are free thinking. Mind your business
bhakun
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:40:26 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:10:25 AM, Wylted wrote:

Then don't say anything if somebody you love gets raped, people are free thinking. Mind your business

Notice how I said if it doesnt affect you?

I implied people can do what they want if its harmless to other people, dont bring rape into this thread.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:24:24 PM
At 6/3/2016 9:09:05 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/2/2016 10:52:01 PM, Peepette wrote:

This is how openly gay people identify each other. Please don't be bigoted towards your gay grandson.

I'd love my grandson whether he was gay or not. He was emulating gangster, doing the index finger, pinkie wave and such.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:21:19 PM
At 6/3/2016 1:40:26 PM, bhakun wrote:

I implied people can do what they want if its harmless to other people, dont bring rape into this thread.

How does it affect you if somebody you love gets raped?

Well guess what? Sagging in front of me is like raping a member of mine. It hurts me emotionally
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:58:51 PM
At 6/3/2016 4:21:19 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/3/2016 1:40:26 PM, bhakun wrote:

How does it affect you if somebody you love gets raped?

Well guess what? Sagging in front of me is like raping a member of mine. It hurts me emotionally
+69
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
SocialJusticeWarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:48:30 AM
At 6/2/2016 9:34:00 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

It's because they are degenerates and saying anything to them about it will brand you a racist.

Why are you so worried about being branded as a racist? Because you are one?