Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is the black lives matter movement racist

adam_4_18_1984
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:21:28 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks

BLM is a very interesting organization. They bear similarities to the Black Panthers which was also heavily criticized back in the day but is generally looked at as an important part of the Civil Rights movement.

People don't understand that BLM isn't saying, "Only black lives matter," it's saying, "Black lives matter, too" (which basically means, "all lives matter"). It seems our justice system has forgotten that. Blacks are killed at a much higher rate by cops than whites are. Also, a black person on average will do more prison time than a white person for the same crime.

Michael Brown was a criminal, yes. But, the Constitution guarantees that ALL CITIZENS HAVE THE RIGHT TO A FAIR TRIAL. Brown was never given that because the cop played the role of the judge, jury, and executioner.

And to your point about black people killing black people. That is true, but those crimes, for one, are not racially motivated. You expect poor people living in difficult environments to commit crime. What you don't expect is officials of state and the US government to commit crimes, especially out of racism.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
Fernyx
Posts: 306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:53:24 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 2:21:28 AM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks

BLM is a very interesting organization. They bear similarities to the Black Panthers which was also heavily criticized back in the day but is generally looked at as an important part of the Civil Rights movement.

People don't understand that BLM isn't saying, "Only black lives matter," it's saying, "Black lives matter, too" (which basically means, "all lives matter"). It seems our justice system has forgotten that. Blacks are killed at a much higher rate by cops than whites are. Also, a black person on average will do more prison time than a white person for the same crime.

Michael Brown was a criminal, yes. But, the Constitution guarantees that ALL CITIZENS HAVE THE RIGHT TO A FAIR TRIAL. Brown was never given that because the cop played the role of the judge, jury, and executioner.

And to your point about black people killing black people. That is true, but those crimes, for one, are not racially motivated. You expect poor people living in difficult environments to commit crime. What you don't expect is officials of state and the US government to commit crimes, especially out of racism.

The message behind BLM is not the problem, much like feminism, it is their actions. I will give a few examples of BLM being blatantly racist.

Take Over Library: http://www.washingtontimes.com...

#KillAllWhiteMen: http://www.breitbart.com...
(This one is more feminist but got a caught a lot of attraction from BLM)

BLM Co-Founder Asking For Strength Not To Kill White Men: http://www.breitbart.com...
keithprosser
Posts: 1,896
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 7:40:42 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks.

There are many more whites than blacks in America. Cops shoot at least twice as any many blacks as they do whites per head of the population. In 2015 the cops killed 7.25 per million blacks and 2.94 per million whites.

In the US 1146 people were killed by the police in 2015. In the uk 2015 3 people died that way - a high figure as the average for the last 25 years or so is about 1.

http://www.theguardian.com...
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:43:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 6:10:59 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/3/2016 2:21:28 AM, bhakun wrote:
You expect poor Black people living in difficult environments to commit crime.

Racist!

Never said that.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:54:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 6:10:59 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 6/3/2016 2:21:28 AM, bhakun wrote:
You expect poor Black people living in difficult environments to commit crime.

Racist!

^
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
SocialJusticeWarrior
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:55:34 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks

All you've mainly ranted about is how it's racist to say black lives matter and all lives don't. Nobody in the movement said non-blacks are non-important. It's simply a movement to highlight the social injustice that African Americans do face in society. Saying "black lives matter" is just pointing out that black lives are important and do matter, just like white lives.

Also, cops do often target blacks more than they do so with whites. They may only kill more whites because they make up a majority of the population. But when you look at things, African Americans get convicted of drug use more than White people do even though the numbers are around the same with drug use.
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:32:42 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks

Given the fact that this website is frequented by (I'm assuming) whites I realize BLM will get a lot of negative feedback, but to the OP, what is the correlation between the Michael brown case, and BLM being considered racist? BLM is about acknowledging that black lives matter....TOO far too long blacks have not been considered human being in the eyes of the law especially law abiding blacks. I happen to work at a hospital and I was stopped walking to work in my hospital scrubs and was told by a cop "are you on parole?" With my work badge out and all. I don't like playing the "race card" but I definitely believe aside from the power trip a lot of police officers that get hired, do have racist tendencies.

I personally feel like this common argument is typical of some whites who discount the experiences of unfair justice experienced by some blacks.
Emmarie
Posts: 1,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 3:53:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:32:42 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks


Given the fact that this website is frequented by (I'm assuming) whites I realize BLM will get a lot of negative feedback, but to the OP, what is the correlation between the Michael brown case, and BLM being considered racist? BLM is about acknowledging that black lives matter....TOO far too long blacks have not been considered human being in the eyes of the law especially law abiding blacks. I happen to work at a hospital and I was stopped walking to work in my hospital scrubs and was told by a cop "are you on parole?" With my work badge out and all. I don't like playing the "race card" but I definitely believe aside from the power trip a lot of police officers that get hired, do have racist tendencies.

I personally feel like this common argument is typical of some whites who discount the experiences of unfair justice experienced by some blacks.
+1
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 4:11:18 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:

There are three requirements to being a member of BLM.

1. No full time employment [it frees up time to riot]
2. Delusional levels of a victim's complex
3. Not a care in the world for moral consistency
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 8:29:31 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 4:11:18 AM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:

There are three requirements to being a member of BLM.

1. No full time employment [it frees up time to riot]
2. Delusional levels of a victim's complex
3. Not a care in the world for moral consistency

White privilege-the ability to deny the negative experiences of others by labeling it a "victim complex."
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 8:43:14 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:32:42 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks


Given the fact that this website is frequented by (I'm assuming) whites I realize BLM will get a lot of negative feedback, but to the OP, what is the correlation between the Michael brown case, and BLM being considered racist? BLM is about acknowledging that black lives matter....TOO far too long blacks have not been considered human being in the eyes of the law especially law abiding blacks. I happen to work at a hospital and I was stopped walking to work in my hospital scrubs and was told by a cop "are you on parole?" With my work badge out and all. I don't like playing the "race card" but I definitely believe aside from the power trip a lot of police officers that get hired, do have racist tendencies.

I personally feel like this common argument is typical of some whites who discount the experiences of unfair justice experienced by some blacks.

What's racist is the fact you assumed the cop was racist because he was white, knowing dam well if the cop was black you would assume mistaken identity.
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 10:27:55 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 8:43:14 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:32:42 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks


Given the fact that this website is frequented by (I'm assuming) whites I realize BLM will get a lot of negative feedback, but to the OP, what is the correlation between the Michael brown case, and BLM being considered racist? BLM is about acknowledging that black lives matter....TOO far too long blacks have not been considered human being in the eyes of the law especially law abiding blacks. I happen to work at a hospital and I was stopped walking to work in my hospital scrubs and was told by a cop "are you on parole?" With my work badge out and all. I don't like playing the "race card" but I definitely believe aside from the power trip a lot of police officers that get hired, do have racist tendencies.

I personally feel like this common argument is typical of some whites who discount the experiences of unfair justice experienced by some blacks.

What's racist is the fact you assumed the cop was racist because he was white, knowing dam well if the cop was black you would assume mistaken identity.

It's never racist if it is true...

http://www.bbc.com...
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM
Posted: 6 months ago

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 12:08:52 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...

It shows that there are certain cops that have pre-conceived notions of certain members of minority communities. It is the everyday impression we receive. It is an unsaid truth, especially among certain large departments in large U.S. cities that minority and poor communities are specifically targeted for quotas. So because of these practices not to mention the countless cases where cops have planted drugs on minority men, minorities like myself who are law abiding, become more pessimistic.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 12:28:40 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 12:08:52 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...

It shows that there are certain cops that have pre-conceived notions of certain members of minority communities. It is the everyday impression we receive. It is an unsaid truth, especially among certain large departments in large U.S. cities that minority and poor communities are specifically targeted for quotas. So because of these practices not to mention the countless cases where cops have planted drugs on minority men, minorities like myself who are law abiding, become more pessimistic.

Quotas are illegal in most areas. Police departments don't have them. If you are saying that police act different in the ghetto than fine, and I would say they should act different, but if you want to call aggressive policing in high ceime areas racist than be my guest.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 2:16:40 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 8:29:31 AM, Hiu wrote:
White privilege-the ability to deny the negative experiences of others by labeling it a "victim complex."

Mfw you think everyone who understands BLM is useless is white.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
13B77
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 7:39:16 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks
Hello again
I can see you are clearly very knowledgeable on social injustice and I don't think you are a racist. I comend your demand for fair coverage and agree also on media spin. However I was only giving my personal opinion on the question is BLM a racist group. I'm pretty sure it never set out to be. I know lots of good causes get highjacked. so for the 5 minutes it made the news here it was grass roots social justice. Which I don't think was racist .
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 12:15:56 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 2:16:40 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:29:31 AM, Hiu wrote:
White privilege-the ability to deny the negative experiences of others by labeling it a "victim complex."

Mfw you think everyone who understands BLM is useless is white.

It's a common theme on the internet to assume such, however I'm quite aware that there are other people of color that associate with "whiteness" in the minority community, we call them, "Uncle Toms."
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 12:20:38 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 12:28:40 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:08:52 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...

It shows that there are certain cops that have pre-conceived notions of certain members of minority communities. It is the everyday impression we receive. It is an unsaid truth, especially among certain large departments in large U.S. cities that minority and poor communities are specifically targeted for quotas. So because of these practices not to mention the countless cases where cops have planted drugs on minority men, minorities like myself who are law abiding, become more pessimistic.

Quotas are illegal in most areas. Police departments don't have them. If you are saying that police act different in the ghetto than fine, and I would say they should act different, but if you want to call aggressive policing in high ceime areas racist than be my guest.

Of course quotas are illegal but it happens. If you actually read on the Baltimore Cop I supplied in the link he addressed that. The point is, the police have a bad rapport with the minority community and unfortunately cops do not differentiate between a good law abiding citizen than someone doing a crime. Please do not act ignorant to this (although I think you are doing it intentionally-Or not because you have your own racial prejudices as seen in the Muhammad Ali thread).
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 12:39:04 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 7:39:16 PM, 13B77 wrote:
At 6/2/2016 9:59:07 PM, adam_4_18_1984 wrote:
I think any honest person with an opened mind that cares about the truth and is a critical thinker will tell you yes without any doubt. First of all when democrats and pro-back folks tell you that black lives matter they are really saying only black lives matter any other lives don't matter and to any reasonable person they will tell you that this is racist and it comes of as racist because you are saying the only lives that matters are black folks if you aren't black your life doesn't matter which is just total bs. Not to mention all lives matter we are all children of God but somehow this whole black lives matter thing started by the Michael Brown case which so happens that Michael Brown was a criminal so the black lives matter movement was a movement to protect a criminal but let's be very clear here cops kill more white folks then they do blacks. Blacks kill more blacks then non-blacks the percentage of blacks that are killed in a homicide by other black males is over 90% what does that tell you? where is the riot and the march about black lives matter when blacks are killing blacks

Greetings from your sister country United States!

A few things which you as a white person perhaps have not been shown since the media tends to be biased towards minorities protesting AGAINST so-called "black on black crime" so I submit the following:

"The "Save Our Children" march and rally in honor of Autumn Johnson, organized by the Compton Gang Prevention and Intervention Program, began at Lueders Park in the 1500 block of East Rosecrans Avenue and ended at City Hall on Willowbrook Avenue.
$25K Reward Approved in Fatal Shooting of Baby
Johnson was asleep in her crib at home in a converted garage when a gunman got out of a car in the 300 block of North Holly Avenue and fired bullets into the house around 7 p.m. Feb. 9, hitting her in the face, authorities said."

http://www.nbclosangeles.com...

I also submit the following:

"CHICAGO " How come nobody is protesting against neighborhood gun violence?

People have been asking variations of that question on social media lately, many of them reacting to recent high-profile protests following the release of the video that shows Laquan McDonald being shot 16 times by a police officer.

But Chicagoans were protesting, marching and engaging in important discussions across the city long before the video emerged ... and they still are.

"People are working on this issue every day, addressing it, and putting a focus on it. The problem is not whether people in the community are addressing it. The real question is if the broader city is addressing it enough or if the media is addressing it enough," said outspoken anti-violence activist the Rev. Michael Pfleger.

Consider these examples:

When An 'Army of Moms' Took Over An Englewood Block For Months

"
Tamar Manasseh poses with volunteers for Mothers Against Senseless Killings. The group's organizer said she needs more help. Tamar Manasseh poses with volunteers for Mothers Against Senseless Killings. The group's organizer said she needs more help. View Full Caption DNAinfo/Andrea V. Watson
CHICAGO " How come nobody is protesting against neighborhood gun violence?

People have been asking variations of that question on social media lately, many of them reacting to recent high-profile protests following the release of the video that shows Laquan McDonald being shot 16 times by a police officer.

But Chicagoans were protesting, marching and engaging in important discussions across the city long before the video emerged ... and they still are.

"People are working on this issue every day, addressing it, and putting a focus on it. The problem is not whether people in the community are addressing it. The real question is if the broader city is addressing it enough or if the media is addressing it enough," said outspoken anti-violence activist the Rev. Michael Pfleger.

Consider these examples:

When An 'Army of Moms' Took Over An Englewood Block For Months

Tamar Manasseh formed Mothers Against Senseless Killings to patrol the neighborhood after a murder in the 7500 block of South Stewart in June. In the five weeks after a man opened fire on three women on June 23, there were no shootings on the block or on the 7500 block of South Harvard where the patrols were set up, according to a DNAinfo Chicago map of shootings in the city.

"When you have sisters like sister Manasseh and others out here just participating, it makes a big difference," said Johnny Banks, the executive director of the community organization A Knock at Midnight."

https://www.dnainfo.com...

As you can see these are a couple examples of blacks protesting their communities but the irony of your question coming from someone who is a foreigner--YET is white, is that your question is not so much a concern for black on black killings but I think your questioning is typical of "white deflection" of an actual problem.

Here is a question.....WHY DON'T WHITES SPEAK ON WHITE ON WHITE VIOLENCE???

According to the following:

"In America, whites commit the majority of crimes. What"s even more troubling is that they are also responsible for a vast majority of violent crimes. In 2013, whites led all other groups in aggravated assault, larceny-theft, arson, weapons-carrying, and vandalism. When it comes to sexual assault, whites take the forcible rape cake. They are also more likely to kill children, the elderly, family members, their significant others, and even themselves! They commit more sex-related crimes, gang related crimes, and are more likely to kill at their places of employment. In 2013, an estimated 10,076 people died in the U.S. due to drunk driving crashes. Driving while drunk is almost exclusively a white crime because everyone knows black people prefer to drink on their porches or inside their homes."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

When whites say "rap music and being ghetto leads to black on black crime," I have to ask as a person of color, why are whites committing the most crimes? Excluding population I want to ask what is the psychopathology of white on white crime? Why do whites kill each other on a more alarming rate? So if we are going to discuss black on black crime then discuss the psychopathology on white on white crime which is more.....I think it would be only fair. But black on black or white on white crime is not the issue with BLM I see the protests by BLM and the subsequent riots by what I would call high school teenagers that are sensationalists as opposed to the ACTUAL BLM who peacefully protest yet the riots are the only thing people focus on.

Yet as I pointed out in the above links there are blacks that peacefully protest and discuss inner city issues. The thing is are YOU going to acknowledge the social injustices African-Americans in their communities face or are you going to deflect these experiences by pointing out inner city crimes?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 12:40:23 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/6/2016 12:20:38 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:28:40 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:08:52 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...

It shows that there are certain cops that have pre-conceived notions of certain members of minority communities. It is the everyday impression we receive. It is an unsaid truth, especially among certain large departments in large U.S. cities that minority and poor communities are specifically targeted for quotas. So because of these practices not to mention the countless cases where cops have planted drugs on minority men, minorities like myself who are law abiding, become more pessimistic.

Quotas are illegal in most areas. Police departments don't have them. If you are saying that police act different in the ghetto than fine, and I would say they should act different, but if you want to call aggressive policing in high ceime areas racist than be my guest.

Of course quotas are illegal but it happens. If you actually read on the Baltimore Cop I supplied in the link he addressed that. The point is, the police have a bad rapport with the minority community and unfortunately cops do not differentiate between a good law abiding citizen than someone doing a crime. Please do not act ignorant to this (although I think you are doing it intentionally-Or not because you have your own racial prejudices as seen in the Muhammad Ali thread).

Would you also like to lose a debate on your naive belief that cops in general/on balance are unfairly targeting minorities.
Hiu
Posts: 977
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 12:49:16 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/6/2016 12:40:23 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/6/2016 12:20:38 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:28:40 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:08:52 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...

It shows that there are certain cops that have pre-conceived notions of certain members of minority communities. It is the everyday impression we receive. It is an unsaid truth, especially among certain large departments in large U.S. cities that minority and poor communities are specifically targeted for quotas. So because of these practices not to mention the countless cases where cops have planted drugs on minority men, minorities like myself who are law abiding, become more pessimistic.

Quotas are illegal in most areas. Police departments don't have them. If you are saying that police act different in the ghetto than fine, and I would say they should act different, but if you want to call aggressive policing in high ceime areas racist than be my guest.

Of course quotas are illegal but it happens. If you actually read on the Baltimore Cop I supplied in the link he addressed that. The point is, the police have a bad rapport with the minority community and unfortunately cops do not differentiate between a good law abiding citizen than someone doing a crime. Please do not act ignorant to this (although I think you are doing it intentionally-Or not because you have your own racial prejudices as seen in the Muhammad Ali thread).

Would you also like to lose a debate on your naive belief that cops in general/on balance are unfairly targeting minorities.

LOL

Lose a debate? When there are no actual rules and there is a discussion such as this, I find you have an inability to actually dictate an actual debate. I've supplied evidence which you've agreed with, debate over....NEXT! I have supported what I've said here....
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 12:50:32 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/6/2016 12:49:16 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/6/2016 12:40:23 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/6/2016 12:20:38 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:28:40 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:08:52 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...

It shows that there are certain cops that have pre-conceived notions of certain members of minority communities. It is the everyday impression we receive. It is an unsaid truth, especially among certain large departments in large U.S. cities that minority and poor communities are specifically targeted for quotas. So because of these practices not to mention the countless cases where cops have planted drugs on minority men, minorities like myself who are law abiding, become more pessimistic.

Quotas are illegal in most areas. Police departments don't have them. If you are saying that police act different in the ghetto than fine, and I would say they should act different, but if you want to call aggressive policing in high ceime areas racist than be my guest.

Of course quotas are illegal but it happens. If you actually read on the Baltimore Cop I supplied in the link he addressed that. The point is, the police have a bad rapport with the minority community and unfortunately cops do not differentiate between a good law abiding citizen than someone doing a crime. Please do not act ignorant to this (although I think you are doing it intentionally-Or not because you have your own racial prejudices as seen in the Muhammad Ali thread).

Would you also like to lose a debate on your naive belief that cops in general/on balance are unfairly targeting minorities.

LOL

Lose a debate? When there are no actual rules and there is a discussion such as this, I find you have an inability to actually dictate an actual debate. I've supplied evidence which you've agreed with, debate over....NEXT! I have supported what I've said here....

Fair enough, I concede this is mostly true
13B77
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 2:03:27 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/6/2016 12:50:32 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/6/2016 12:49:16 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/6/2016 12:40:23 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/6/2016 12:20:38 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:28:40 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 6/5/2016 12:08:52 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 10:44:37 AM, Wylted wrote:

It's never racist if it is true...

How is that at all applicable to that individual who stopped you? I actually was aware of that article and believe that it is both true and he is exxagerating a bit. Beside the point though. I may have missed it but it showed cops were shittty people, something I don't deny though the extent of it is usually not what people claim, it did not show any racism


http://www.bbc.com...

It shows that there are certain cops that have pre-conceived notions of certain members of minority communities. It is the everyday impression we receive. It is an unsaid truth, especially among certain large departments in large U.S. cities that minority and poor communities are specifically targeted for quotas. So because of these practices not to mention the countless cases where cops have planted drugs on minority men, minorities like myself who are law abiding, become more pessimistic.

Quotas are illegal in most areas. Police departments don't have them. If you are saying that police act different in the ghetto than fine, and I would say they should act different, but if you want to call aggressive policing in high ceime areas racist than be my guest.

Of course quotas are illegal but it happens. If you actually read on the Baltimore Cop I supplied in the link he addressed that. The point is, the police have a bad rapport with the minority community and unfortunately cops do not differentiate between a good law abiding citizen than someone doing a crime. Please do not act ignorant to this (although I think you are doing it intentionally-Or not because you have your own racial prejudices as seen in the Muhammad Ali thread).

Would you also like to lose a debate on your naive belief that cops in general/on balance are unfairly targeting minorities.

LOL

Lose a debate? When there are no actual rules and there is a discussion such as this, I find you have an inability to actually dictate an actual debate. I've supplied evidence which you've agreed with, debate over....NEXT! I have supported what I've said here....

Fair enough, I concede this is mostly true
Hello again
I can see you are clearly very knowledgeable on social injustice and I don't think you are a racist. I comend your demand for fair coverage and agree also on media spin. However I was only giving my personal opinion on the question is BLM a racist group. I'm pretty sure it never set out to be. I know lots of good causes get highjacked. so for the 5 minutes it made the news here it was grass roots social justice. Which I don't think was racist .
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 8:55:19 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/6/2016 12:15:56 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 2:16:40 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:29:31 AM, Hiu wrote:
White privilege-the ability to deny the negative experiences of others by labeling it a "victim complex."

Mfw you think everyone who understands BLM is useless is white.

It's a common theme on the internet to assume such, however I'm quite aware that there are other people of color that associate with "whiteness" in the minority community, we call them, "Uncle Toms."

Damn, you might be the most hypocritical person on this site, and that's saying something. I love how on another thread you're talking about how minorities hate labels and yet here you are doing the exact same thing to white people. This is why you folks aren't taken seriously.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 9:16:13 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/6/2016 8:55:19 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 6/6/2016 12:15:56 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/5/2016 2:16:40 PM, Midnight1131 wrote:
At 6/5/2016 8:29:31 AM, Hiu wrote:
White privilege-the ability to deny the negative experiences of others by labeling it a "victim complex."

Mfw you think everyone who understands BLM is useless is white.

It's a common theme on the internet to assume such, however I'm quite aware that there are other people of color that associate with "whiteness" in the minority community, we call them, "Uncle Toms."

Damn, you might be the most hypocritical person on this site, and that's saying something. I love how on another thread you're talking about how minorities hate labels and yet here you are doing the exact same thing to white people. This is why you folks aren't taken seriously.

Any liberal who says uncle Tom shows how racist they are. The Democratic party thinks they own blacks. Any black person that is intelligent enough to see through it gets insulted as an "Uncle Tom". They disagree with Ben Carson's policies, so because they down't own him, they call him uncle Tom.

The party is projecting that they think black Democrats are field niggers every single time they say uncle Tom about another African American who has different political views. How any black person could vlbe a Democrat knowing they are just a tool to the Democrats is beyond me. I think it was LBJ who originally announced blacks are property of the Democratic party by saying "I'll have those niggers voting Democrat for the next 50 years".
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/6/2016 9:45:03 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/6/2016 9:16:13 PM, Wylted wrote:
Any liberal who says uncle Tom shows how racist they are.

+1, you have to be on a new level of idiocy and hypocrisy to come up with something like that. But modern day leftists are inventing new levels daily.
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation