Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Let's talk feminism.

ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 2:37:52 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

What have you done? This is going to be a LONG thread. I can expect Rosalie and Chloe08 to be here at some point.
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 3:37:06 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 2:37:52 PM, roun12 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

What have you done? This is going to be a LONG thread. I can expect Rosalie and Chloe08 to be here at some point.
That was kind of the point and I am ready to talk to them about it. Plus this is kind of a way to get some extra info for my paper.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 3:51:44 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 3:37:06 PM, ballpit wrote:
At 6/3/2016 2:37:52 PM, roun12 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

What have you done? This is going to be a LONG thread. I can expect Rosalie and Chloe08 to be here at some point.
That was kind of the point and I am ready to talk to them about it. Plus this is kind of a way to get some extra info for my paper.

Paper about what?
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 4:06:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 3:51:44 PM, roun12 wrote:

Paper about what?

Read the op but a paper on feminism and the ideas behind it.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
Syko
Posts: 393
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 5:29:38 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
imho If you're doing a paper on feminism you should probably stick to scholarly debate if you want your paper to be taken seriously.
For Mother Russia.
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 6:02:28 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:29:38 PM, Syko wrote:
imho If you're doing a paper on feminism you should probably stick to scholarly debate if you want your paper to be taken seriously.

I just want to see some ideas on the matter from people that are not scholars since I want to take into account the opinions of all parties involved in the movement scholarly or not. Rosalie come to me pls.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:38:12 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.
Kids are taught not to hit. Boys in particular aren't singled out. And plenty of woman are charged for hitting a man, you just see it a lot more the other way around because men commit most domestic violence.
2. If I"m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.
Man can do this too, you dont provide evidence to suggest women can and men can. Plus, many women that marry wealthy or successful men are judged as golddiggers when they may actually love that person, so it goes both ways.
3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.
I guess? I dont see how this a privilege.
4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.
Whats wrong with this?
5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.
So women are valued more for their looks than men are? That isn't an advantage, that just means society thinks lesser of you.
6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.
Yes, abortion is not consensual. But that consent is given when the two partners consent to sex and all the consquences of it. Abandoning a child isnt accepted though, not at all, man or woman.
7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.
The military is entirely volunteers.
8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.
Any evidence to back this up? This is just a stereotype.
9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.
Men can do this too.
10. People will help me more when I"m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.
Not true at all. Society generally looks down on the poor, man or woman.

Most of this is just based on decades-old stereotypes and assumptions. I really hope its a troll.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:47:44 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 2:37:52 PM, roun12 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

What have you done? This is going to be a LONG thread. I can expect Rosalie and Chloe08 to be here at some point.

^^^^^^

Can't wait for the #notallfeminists
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:47:54 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

Feminism is a mental disorder
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 10:48:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 5:29:38 PM, Syko wrote:
imho If you're doing a paper on feminism you should probably stick to scholarly debate if you want your paper to be taken seriously.

I would say mostly to destroy the statistical inadequacy of modern feminism such as the wage gap and rape culture.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2016 11:06:25 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 10:38:12 PM, bhakun wrote:
1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.
Kids are taught not to hit. Boys in particular aren't singled out. And plenty of woman are charged for hitting a man, you just see it a lot more the other way around because men commit most domestic violence.
That statement is false as women are the aggressors in a majority of Domestic violence cases including those not reported to officials. http://www.batteredmen.com...
2. If I"m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.
Man can do this too, you dont provide evidence to suggest women can and men can. Plus, many women that marry wealthy or successful men are judged as golddiggers when they may actually love that person, so it goes both ways.
Okay but it is more likely for a woman to do this than a man.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com... just a little study on this topic.
3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.
I guess? I dont see how this a privilege.
The fact that men dont have it is what makes it a privelage. A privelage when talked about in this context is something that one gender has and the other does not.
4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.
Whats wrong with this?
Nothing this is a valid question that I myself have.
5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.
So women are valued more for their looks than men are? That isn't an advantage, that just means society thinks lesser of you.
You are mistaken on that one what it is stating is that women are the preferred gender sexually in societies eyes because they can reproduce.
6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.
Yes, abortion is not consensual. But that consent is given when the two partners consent to sex and all the consequences of it. Abandoning a child inst accepted though, not at all, man or woman.
Women make the decisions most of the time regarding the children and abortion is not a choice a man can make it is up to the woman pregnant with the child.
7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.
The military is entirely volunteers.
Selective Service and women are not expected to take on the burden of combat roles as much as men are.
8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.
Any evidence to back this up? This is just a stereotype.
9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.
Men can do this too.
Yes they can but as I stated above women do it more often.
10. People will help me more when I"m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.
Not true at all. Society generally looks down on the poor, man or woman.
Men have less help when it comes to rape, domestic abuse, and discrimination than women do all it takes is a google search.


Most of this is just based on decades-old stereotypes and assumptions. I really hope its a troll.
This is a serious list from what I can tell.
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
Riwaaz_Ras
Posts: 1,046
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:02:07 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Men and women are not equal.

They are different and equally important.

Both genders should embrace their unique qualities.

They should not try to be like one another.

Feminist lack the feminism.

'Sexual liberation' is nothing but a tool to dismantle families.

Division makes you weaker.

Man and woman are meant to live with each other.
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 8:38:25 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 11:06:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
At 6/3/2016 10:38:12 PM, bhakun wrote:
1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.
Kids are taught not to hit. Boys in particular aren't singled out. And plenty of woman are charged for hitting a man, you just see it a lot more the other way around because men commit most domestic violence.
That statement is false as women are the aggressors in a majority of Domestic violence cases including those not reported to officials. http://www.batteredmen.com...
2. If I"m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.
Man can do this too, you dont provide evidence to suggest women can and men can. Plus, many women that marry wealthy or successful men are judged as golddiggers when they may actually love that person, so it goes both ways.
Okay but it is more likely for a woman to do this than a man.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com... just a little study on this topic.
3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.
I guess? I dont see how this a privilege.
The fact that men dont have it is what makes it a privelage. A privelage when talked about in this context is something that one gender has and the other does not.
4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.
Whats wrong with this?
Nothing this is a valid question that I myself have.
5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.
So women are valued more for their looks than men are? That isn't an advantage, that just means society thinks lesser of you.
You are mistaken on that one what it is stating is that women are the preferred gender sexually in societies eyes because they can reproduce.
6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.
Yes, abortion is not consensual. But that consent is given when the two partners consent to sex and all the consequences of it. Abandoning a child inst accepted though, not at all, man or woman.
Women make the decisions most of the time regarding the children and abortion is not a choice a man can make it is up to the woman pregnant with the child.
7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.
The military is entirely volunteers.
Selective Service and women are not expected to take on the burden of combat roles as much as men are.
8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.
Any evidence to back this up? This is just a stereotype.
9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.
Men can do this too.
Yes they can but as I stated above women do it more often.
10. People will help me more when I"m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.
Not true at all. Society generally looks down on the poor, man or woman.
Men have less help when it comes to rape, domestic abuse, and discrimination than women do all it takes is a google search.


Most of this is just based on decades-old stereotypes and assumptions. I really hope its a troll.
This is a serious list from what I can tell.
Just because women do it more, does not make it a privilege. Like you said, a privilege is something that one gender has that the other does not.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 9:26:47 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:02:07 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
Men and women are not equal.

+1

They are different and equally important.

+1

Both genders should embrace their unique qualities.

+1

They should not try to be like one another.

+1

Feminist lack the feminism.

+1

'Sexual liberation' is nothing but a tool to dismantle families.

+1

Division makes you weaker.

+1

Man and woman are meant to live with each other.

+1
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 9:28:07 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 8:38:25 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/3/2016 11:06:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
At 6/3/2016 10:38:12 PM, bhakun wrote:
1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.
Kids are taught not to hit. Boys in particular aren't singled out. And plenty of woman are charged for hitting a man, you just see it a lot more the other way around because men commit most domestic violence.
That statement is false as women are the aggressors in a majority of Domestic violence cases including those not reported to officials. http://www.batteredmen.com...
2. If I"m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.
Man can do this too, you dont provide evidence to suggest women can and men can. Plus, many women that marry wealthy or successful men are judged as golddiggers when they may actually love that person, so it goes both ways.
Okay but it is more likely for a woman to do this than a man.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com... just a little study on this topic.
3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.
I guess? I dont see how this a privilege.
The fact that men dont have it is what makes it a privelage. A privelage when talked about in this context is something that one gender has and the other does not.
4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.
Whats wrong with this?
Nothing this is a valid question that I myself have.
5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.
So women are valued more for their looks than men are? That isn't an advantage, that just means society thinks lesser of you.
You are mistaken on that one what it is stating is that women are the preferred gender sexually in societies eyes because they can reproduce.
6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.
Yes, abortion is not consensual. But that consent is given when the two partners consent to sex and all the consequences of it. Abandoning a child inst accepted though, not at all, man or woman.
Women make the decisions most of the time regarding the children and abortion is not a choice a man can make it is up to the woman pregnant with the child.
7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.
The military is entirely volunteers.
Selective Service and women are not expected to take on the burden of combat roles as much as men are.
8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.
Any evidence to back this up? This is just a stereotype.
9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.
Men can do this too.
Yes they can but as I stated above women do it more often.
10. People will help me more when I"m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.
Not true at all. Society generally looks down on the poor, man or woman.
Men have less help when it comes to rape, domestic abuse, and discrimination than women do all it takes is a google search.


Most of this is just based on decades-old stereotypes and assumptions. I really hope its a troll.
This is a serious list from what I can tell.
Just because women do it more, does not make it a privilege. Like you said, a privilege is something that one gender has that the other does not.

Since we're going by such a definition, does that mean that women are privileged as they have breasts and vaginas while men do not? They also have the ability to lactate and bear children, as well as having naturally longer hair. Privileges everywhere.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Midnight1131
Posts: 1,643
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 9:44:16 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 10:47:54 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

Feminism is a mental disorder

+1
#GaryJohnson2016
#TaxationisTheft
#TheftisTaxation
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 11:34:46 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I want to put this out there since some of you do not understand what this list is. This list is a list by another person that I felt like sharing because there are somethings on there that I noticed are true or that I see in society today. I am not against equality nor will I ever be however I disagree with some of the ideas behind modern feminism and some of the methods that they use to achieve "Equality".
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 11:38:24 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 11:34:46 PM, ballpit wrote:
I want to put this out there since some of you do not understand what this list is. This list is a list by another person that I felt like sharing because there are somethings on there that I noticed are true or that I see in society today. I am not against equality nor will I ever be however I disagree with some of the ideas behind modern feminism and some of the methods that they use to achieve "Equality".

They're not even for equality. It's not that they want equality, it's that they want equity where it helps them and inequity where it doesn't.

Realize the usage of equity and not equality. They don't care about equality, they want equal ends.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 3:43:05 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

IMHO, this list is just as laughable as third-wave feminism, if not more so...

1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.
Women are also punished for violence, just less than men are. That's reasonable, because men are statistically the stronger sex and abusing that strength to bully the opposite sex is simply deplorable. If a woman in her 20s physically assaults a child or an elderly man, she will receive a lot of negative reaction as well because of the relative strength of the two parties.
2. If I"m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.
Same with men born to rich parents.
3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.
What the heck? How is that privilege?
4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.
I don't agree with reproducing without marriage, but I don't see how that's privilege either. Reproduction is both a 'right' and a responsibility.
5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.
Again, I don't see where the privilege is? That's just biology...
6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.
I disagree with abortion, but obviously not for these reasons... Clearly the one who bears the child is the one who makes decisions about the pregnancy.
7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.
We don't have conscription here (mainly because we don't even have an army) but I wouldn't consider that sexism in places like Taiwan or Korea either. Men are statistically the sex that is more capable of fighting, and it's for that reason that women aren't conscripted.
8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.
How are girls 'protected' then?
9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.
Again, I don't come from a place where women take their men's last names, but again I fail to see how this is sexism. A name is just a name - it's not like I think of Barack Obama's achievements when I think about Michelle Obama.
10. People will help me more when I"m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.
Try being a women from an unpopular group of immigrants... Anyway, women are the sex that cares more about the family and men are the sex that cares more about themselves, so it's reasonable we'd sympathise with the former more than we sympathise with the latter.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 1:13:17 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.

From an early age I was instructed it was wrong to hit anyone unless they were a threat to my safety.

2. If I"m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.

That's wrong. Women should be valued on their intelligence not their looks. That's a fault of paternalistic society not feminism.

3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.

Actually when women go through the menopause they can no longer produce children while men can produce children their entire lives! In old age women are discriminated against because of their appearance while men are not.

Both genders require the other gender to reproduce unless they use surrogates or sperm donors etc.

4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.

I'm not a socialist. I oppose people having children who are unable to afford the costs of caring for the child in question.

5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.

A man who chooses to have sexual intercourse has given control to the woman over any potential baby. It's her body and therefore her decision.

6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.

Abortion is a sensible option if the child is not wanted. It obviously saves thousands of pounds annually the state would need to spend on raising the unwanted child in question.

Women who hand over children to the state are socially stigmatized. Rightly so. They should be (unless they suffer from mental health problems or a disability).

7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.

Excluding me from military service because of my gender is blatant sexism I couldn't oppose in any stronger terms.

8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.

I don't want protective status I want equal status.

9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.

I don't care about surnames. However it's my choice what surname I choose to adopt. What if I become a multi millionaire and I marry some toy boy? Should he be forced to take my name?

The point is extremely sexist as it implies men are always the biggest contributor financially to a relationship. Being less successful in terms of your career should not dictate you have to accept the surname of your partner.

10. People will help me more when I"m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.

I would offer equal help to people of both genders when they are in need. If other people hold sexist views and don't do so then it's them that have a problem, not me.

11. When I"m on a date things will be paid for me.

No they won't. I pay an equal share. I don't screw people out of Money unfairly and I think it gives a much better impression not to do so.

12. When I search for employment I can choose jobs which I think are fulfilling without concern of whether they provide a "family" wage.

That's absolute rubbish. If I had a family it's obvious I would need to provide financially for them.

13. I can discriminate against the opposite sex ruthlessly without social penalty.

No I can't. Not that I would want to if I could.

14. If I marry and quit my job and enjoy a leisurely life with light housework and then later divorce I will be given half of the marital assets.

I oppose this. People should sign pre nuptial agreements to take what is rightfully theirs. If I ever get married I would definitely sign such an agreement even if my partner was a billionaire. I don't screw people out of money. It's wrong.

15. If I commit a crime and am convicted I will get a sentencing "discount" because of my gender. If I am very pretty it will increase my discount.

That's sexism. Someone's gender should not be considered in court cases.

16. If I am a partner in crime with a man I will likely be charged with lesser crimes even though I committed the same crimes even if I was the ringleader.

Again that's blatant sexism.

17. I have the option to be outraged if my husband asks me if my behavior is due to PMS and later on use PMS as a successful legal defense for murdering that same husband.

Rightly so.

18. At age 18 I will not be forced to register for Selective Service and will not be penalized for failing to do so.

We don't have that in the uk but if I was American I would sign up. It's discrimination against women that they are not eligible for the draft while men are. This rule should be changed to include both genders.

19. At a time of war I will never be drafted and ripped from my employment, home, and family and forced to become a military slave.

It's sexist that my country thinks I'm inferior and not eligible for the draft. If my country was invaded I would certainly sign up to defend it. Men and women should be drafted equally. I've argued this position a lot on this site. Interestingly most misogynists here want to exclude women from the military.

20. My feelings are more important than men"s lives. Every precaution will be made to protect me from harassment at work. However, males will make up nearly %100 of workplace fatalities.

Nonsense. Harassment in the workplace still happens. Obviously it's very important though to improve workplace safety. I'm not aware of any scenario where reducing workplace harassment could hinder workplace safety making this point utter nonsense.

21. My gender controls 80% of domestic spending. We get to spend our money if we have any and we get to spend men"s money.

If men don't want women to spend their money they can keep it. Obviously this arrangement works well or it would not happen.

I will reply to every single point later tonight.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,637
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 1:16:47 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Let's not
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 2:16:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 1:16:47 PM, Vaarka wrote:
Let's not

+10
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 2:16:45 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 1:13:17 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
1. From an early age the opposite sex will be instructed never to hit me but I may not be given the same instructions. However, should I strike males I can expect not to be hit back and any social penalties that occur from my actions will actually fall on the male.

From an early age I was instructed it was wrong to hit anyone unless they were a threat to my safety.

2. If I"m not smart, but pretty, I can marry and achieve the social and financial level of my husband without ever working.

That's wrong. Women should be valued on their intelligence not their looks. That's a fault of paternalistic society not feminism.

3. I can produce offspring. A status which grants me an "essential" status in our species that men can never have and which can never be taken away from me even in old age.

Actually when women go through the menopause they can no longer produce children while men can produce children their entire lives! In old age women are discriminated against because of their appearance while men are not.

Both genders require the other gender to reproduce unless they use surrogates or sperm donors etc.

4. Regardless of my mate value society has organized fertility clinics and social welfare programs that will allow me to have children and provide for them should I choose to reproduce without a mate or marriage.

I'm not a socialist. I oppose people having children who are unable to afford the costs of caring for the child in question.

5. I not only have the more valuable and sought after sexual identity, but I also have complete control over my reproductive choice and in many ways over the reproductive choice of the opposite sex.

A man who chooses to have sexual intercourse has given control to the woman over any potential baby. It's her body and therefore her decision.

6. At any time I can abandon my parental responsibilities with little or no social stigma and hand the child over to the state or abort the pregnancy. A male could never relieve himself of this burden unless I allow him to.

Abortion is a sensible option if the child is not wanted. It obviously saves thousands of pounds annually the state would need to spend on raising the unwanted child in question.

Women who hand over children to the state are socially stigmatized. Rightly so. They should be (unless they suffer from mental health problems or a disability).

7. I am granted all the rights of a democracy without any of the burdens of military service.

Excluding me from military service because of my gender is blatant sexism I couldn't oppose in any stronger terms.

8. At age 18 I lose the protective status of the child but retain the protective status of the female. Boys at age 18 lose the protected status of the child and become targets if they fail to gain status after that point.

I don't want protective status I want equal status.

9. When I marry a man with status I can take his name and become whoever he has spent years becoming. I need not do anything special to be worthy of receiving the reputation he has built. However, if I wish to keep my own name I can do so. Should my husband feel the sting of this insult I can simply call him a sexist for it.

I don't care about surnames. However it's my choice what surname I choose to adopt. What if I become a multi millionaire and I marry some toy boy? Should he be forced to take my name?

The point is extremely sexist as it implies men are always the biggest contributor financially to a relationship. Being less successful in terms of your career should not dictate you have to accept the surname of your partner.

10. People will help me more when I"m in need and I will receive no social penalty or stigma for it.

I would offer equal help to people of both genders when they are in need. If other people hold sexist views and don't do so then it's them that have a problem, not me.

11. When I"m on a date things will be paid for me.

No they won't. I pay an equal share. I don't screw people out of Money unfairly and I think it gives a much better impression not to do so.

12. When I search for employment I can choose jobs which I think are fulfilling without concern of whether they provide a "family" wage.

That's absolute rubbish. If I had a family it's obvious I would need to provide financially for them.

13. I can discriminate against the opposite sex ruthlessly without social penalty.

No I can't. Not that I would want to if I could.

14. If I marry and quit my job and enjoy a leisurely life with light housework and then later divorce I will be given half of the marital assets.

I oppose this. People should sign pre nuptial agreements to take what is rightfully theirs. If I ever get married I would definitely sign such an agreement even if my partner was a billionaire. I don't screw people out of money. It's wrong.

15. If I commit a crime and am convicted I will get a sentencing "discount" because of my gender. If I am very pretty it will increase my discount.

That's sexism. Someone's gender should not be considered in court cases.

16. If I am a partner in crime with a man I will likely be charged with lesser crimes even though I committed the same crimes even if I was the ringleader.

Again that's blatant sexism.

17. I have the option to be outraged if my husband asks me if my behavior is due to PMS and later on use PMS as a successful legal defense for murdering that same husband.

Rightly so.

18. At age 18 I will not be forced to register for Selective Service and will not be penalized for failing to do so.

We don't have that in the uk but if I was American I would sign up. It's discrimination against women that they are not eligible for the draft while men are. This rule should be changed to include both genders.

19. At a time of war I will never be drafted and ripped from my employment, home, and family and forced to become a military slave.

It's sexist that my country thinks I'm inferior and not eligible for the draft. If my country was invaded I would certainly sign up to defend it. Men and women should be drafted equally. I've argued this position a lot on this site. Interestingly most misogynists here want to exclude women from the military.

20. My feelings are more important than men"s lives. Every precaution will be made to protect me from harassment at work. However, males will make up nearly %100 of workplace fatalities.

Nonsense. Harassment in the workplace still happens. Obviously it's very important though to improve workplace safety. I'm not aware of any scenario where reducing workplace harassment could hinder workplace safety making this point utter nonsense.

21. My gender controls 80% of domestic spending. We get to spend our money if we have any and we get to spend men"s money.

If men don't want women to spend their money they can keep it. Obviously this arrangement works well or it would not happen.

I will reply to every single point later tonight.

I loved reading this.
Meh!
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,286
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 2:43:08 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/3/2016 1:49:25 PM, ballpit wrote:
So while doing a research paper about feminism I found this site (https://mensresistance.wordpress.com...) and I figured I would see what type of a sh!tSt0rm it might cause on this site. Get at it boys and girls.

Historically this only really applied to white women in the West. One of the most stinging criticisms that black feminists have historically made of white feminists is that the white female is as a rule put on a pedestal by Western society, while women of color are dehumanized.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 6:27:54 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
22. The majority of luxury apparel is designed, marketed to, and consumed by women.

That's because there is a market demand for luxury apparel for women. If more men wanted luxury apparel more luxury apparel would be designed for men.

23. Seven times as much jewelry will be purchased by or for me than by or for men.

Again that's because women like to purchase jewelry more than men. It's just a silly point. If men wanted jewelry they would buy it. Nothing stops them.

24. I have a department of women"s health whereas men have no such department.

I think there should be a men's health department.

25. My gender enjoys more government spending on health than males do.

It's more about who needs the healthcare not rationing it out. No one wants to be ill. It's also worth considering the healthcare costs from women giving birth which men don't have.

26. My gender consumes the lioness" share of entitlement programs while men contribute the lion"s share of taxes.

That's because of a paternalistic society where women are paid less. Obviously if you are paid less on average as a group your going to need more welfare.

27. If I rape or molest a child I can expect lighter treatment in court and afterwards receive less social stigma. What"s more, should I become pregnant, I can sue my victim for child support when he finally turns 18.

That's false. All rapists are stigmatized. Obviously no rapist should be able to sue a victim for child support. It should be the rape victim's decision whether the rapist goes through with the pregnancy or has an abortion. The rape victim should be entitled to full custody of the child in question and can expect the rapist to pay towards the child's upbringing despite having no custody rights.

28. When I divorce my husband I will be guaranteed custody of my children unless I am deemed to be unfit. Even if my husband is "Parent of the Year" 10 years running it is unlikely he will get custody over me even if I am a mediocre parent.

Unless either parent is demonstrably unfit custody of children should be split 50/50.

29. When I divorce I can use false accusations of domestic violence, sexual molestation of the children or abuse of the children to gain advantage during court proceedings. If I am found out to be a liar I can expect to get away with it.

Anyone making up false allegations should face tough judicial penalties. I would award the wronged party compensation to be paid to them by the guilty partner and send the person found guilty of making up false allegations to jail.

30. If a man calls me a slut it will probably hurt his reputation more than it hurts mine, but at any rate the damage will be small and localized. However, if I call him a child molester or claim that he raped me I can destroy him completely and the damage may be nationwide.

Quite simply calling someone a slut is never acceptable and the person fully deserves any reputation damage from doing so. If the man is a child molester or a rapist then they deserve negative social consequences. Making up false allegations are obviously completely unacceptable and the person making them up should be sued.

31. If I fail at my career I can blame the male dominated society.

In some circumstances yes. But only if it is the real reason for the failure.

32. I may have the luxury of staying home and being a housewife but if my sister"s husband does the same thing I"m likely to call him a deadbeat loser and tell her to leave him.

I would never criticise anyone for being a stay at home mum/dad. I would certainly not tell someone to leave someone for the reason above.

33. If I "choose" to join the military; the best military occupations providing the most lucrative civilian training will be reserved for me. I will be kept away from the fighting as much as possible to the point that I will be thirty times less likely to be killed in a war zone than my male counterparts. I will be given equal pay for less risk. I will never have to consider the fact that by joining the military and getting a plumb assignment I automatically forced a male out of that position and into a combat role that may cost him his life.

Someone's gender should not be considered in the military. Capability should be the only factor in what roles people get. It's irrelevant if you are male or female what is relevant is your ability to do the job in question.

34. If a male soldier injures himself before a deployment he can be arrested and court marshaled for it. If I deliberately get pregnant before a deployment or even during a deployment I will be reassigned and or taken out of a war zone and I will receive no penalty for it.

When women sign up for the military for a certain period of time part of the agreement should be agreeing not to get pregnant. If it happens unintentionally then she can have an abortion.

35. My gender watches more television in every hour of every day than any other group. This along with the fact that women control %80 of domestic spending means that most television shows and advertisement are designed to appeal to me.

Well if men watched more tv more shows would be geared towards them. What a stupid point.

36. I can wear masculine clothing if it pleases me however men cannot wear feminine clothing without social penalty.

Men should be allowed to wear feminine clothing without social penalty.

37. Not only is there a wealth of clothing choices designed for me but it is likely that I will be able to afford or have them provided for me.

Well that applies to men too! More clothes are designed for women because there is more market demand. Simple stuff.

38. I can claim that a wage gap exists and that it is the fault of sexism while simultaneously seeking employment without considering income as a priority. I will probably choose my job based on satisfaction, flexibility of hours, and working conditions and then expect to make as much as the males working nights, out in the rain and cold or working overtime.

It's glaringly obvious a wage gap exists. When seeking employment I consider income a massive priority.

39. I can be bigoted or sexist against males without social penalty.

False. I would never do such a thing but if I did I would face social penalty.

40. If I make a false claim of rape against a male in an act of revenge or in order to cover up my own scandalous behavior I may well succeed at both and he may spend years in prison. If I am found out it is unlikely I will be charged, convicted, or serve any time at all.

As I said earlier anyone making up false allegations should be punished heavily.

41. If I abuse my husband and physically assault him and the police arrive it is almost guaranteed he will go to jail.

I would never abuse a partner but obviously anyone who does deserves severe punishment.

42. If I am in an abusive relationship there are a multitude of social organizations to help me get away from him. There are few for men in the same position even though women initiate the majority of DV and even though men are hospitalized %30 of the time.

Far more domestic violence victims are women. It's true however there should be more support for male victims of domestic violence.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 6:57:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
43. In the event of a natural disaster or other emergency that requires evacuation I can expect to be evacuated before males. This includes male doctors, humanitarians, politicians, captains of industry, billionaires, and religious leaders. I will receive no social penalty if all of those people died because I was evacuated first. However, should they manage to get evacuated before women and those women died they will all suffer a social penalty.

No one should get priority in evacuations.

44. If someone is attacking a person on the street I have no obligation to assist them and I will receive no social penalty if I do nothing.

I would feel an obligation to assist them. I would try to help them. If I walked past someone being murdered and didn't bother to help at all I would face social penalty.

45. If someone is harming my children and I run away and ask someone else to help I will receive no social penalty for my cowardice.

Personally I wouldn't run away, I would try to defend my children. In some cases though people may consider they have no chance of winning a fight with the attacker and seek help off others. It may in some cases be logical although I think for me it would be impossible to actually do it due to the anger I would feel from some tw at attacking my children.

46. I"m immune to cognitive dissonance.

No one is immune from it.

47. I may denounce the concept of a dowry, however, I still expect a man to give me an engagement ring when he asks me to marry him.

Absolutely not. I would never wear an engagement ring or a wedding ring. It's an act of submission and suggests I'm property of my partner.

48. I expect a man to ask me to marry me and suffer the potential risk of rejection.

No I don't. I don't see any value in marriage. If you want to get married you should have a sensible discussion about it. One partner asking the other out of the blue and expecting an instant answer is just dumb. If you have a strong relationship with your partner this would be a very easy subject to bring up.

49. If I lie it"s because I"m a victim of a male dominated society forced into difficult circumstances and not because I"m a bad person.

It obviously depends on the circumstances.

50. If my boyfriend sabotages a condom he can pay me child support for the next 20 years. If I secretly don"t take my birth control my boyfriend can pay me child support for the next 20 years.

When a man has sex he must accept the consequences.

51. If I"m uncomfortable exercising around men I can demand a female only gym be made for women. If any male only gyms exist I can demand membership under threat of lawsuit.

There should not be single gender gyms.

52. If my female only gym at the university decides to close early for safety reasons I can scream sexism and force them to keep it open as long as the main gym.

They should not exist.

53. If I succeed at keeping the female gym open and I leave late at night and I don"t feel safe I can demand that the university spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for more lighting and police presence.

They should not exist.

54. If after getting new lighting and police protection I decide I don"t want to go to the gym anymore well that"s just my prerogative.

They should not exist.

55. I"m likely to believe that if a woman is intoxicated she is not capable of giving consent and if sex occurs it is rape. However, if her male partner is also intoxicated he is capable of consenting.

In my opinion having sex when drunk is extremely stupid. All sorts of things can go wrong. Obviously it depends on how intoxicated the woman in question was. If both partners are intoxicated beyond giving consent it can't be rape.

56. If a man is promoted over me at work I have a right to suspect sexism even though I also believe that under adverse circumstances men are more capable than women of making good decisions. (see #55)

As I don't take that position on point 55 this point is negated.

57. I can cry and get my husband to do something for me that he might not have done otherwise.

My husband can cry and get me to do something for him I might not have done otherwise.

58. I expect people (especially men) to be sensitive to my feelings.

What's wrong with that? I'm sensitive to other people's feelings too regardless of their gender.

59. I can deny a man"s feelings or disregard them or ridicule him for having them without social penalty.

I would not deny or disregard someone's feelings.

60. If I lose my job it"s because of sexism or the economy. If a man loses his job it"s because he"s a loser.

Not neccessarily. It depends on the circumstances.

61. If I go to a club or bar with my girlfriends and I look my sexy best I have a right to be perturbed when men approach me and hit on me in this public place.

In my opinion if you want to avoid being hit on by men don't go to a nightclub. It's the sort of setting where people expect other people there to be open to flirting.

62. Even though men die more from prostate cancer than women die from breast cancer I can expect that twice as much funding is given for breast cancer. The same will apply to any female specific disease or malady.

I don't claim to be an expert in healthcare funding for individual illnesses but I'm sure there is legitimate reasoning for this difference in funding.

63. If for some reason I do not get custody of my children I will be expected to pay less child support than another man in my exact same position.

It depends on the circumstances. There should not be any discrimination based on gender when deciding who has custody of children.

64. If I kidnap my children and I am eventually caught I can successfully defend myself by claiming I was protecting them from my husband"even if my children were given to him to protect them from me.

That should not be an acceptable defence in that scenario.

65. My gender makes up %53 of the voting population yet when I see more men in political office I will call that sexism.

Women face obstacles and discrimination getting into politics by paternalistic and misogynistic cultures in political parties and organizations.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 8:25:20 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
66. If I am married with children and I want to stay home with the kids I"m likely to blame my husband for not making enough to allow me to do that.

I would not want to do that and it's wrong for someone to blame their partner for not enough Money if they are not prepared to work themselves.

67. I think it is my right to work and I am unconcerned if the influx of women into the workforce has reduced overall wages to the point that it"s hard to support a family on just one income, or affirmative action has kept men from being promoted even though they deserved it.

I most certainly have a right to work and I'm happy to screw over misogynists who don't want their partners to work. Promotions should be based on capabilities not gender.

68. I can get student financial aid without signing up for Selective Service (the Draft).

As I said earlier the current USA policy on selective service discriminates against both genders. I would certainly sign up to it.

69. I can get employment with a federal agency without signing up for Selective Service.

I want both genders to sign up to it so this point is irrelevant.

70. Restrooms for my gender will be cleaner and are more likely to have flowers or other decorations.

Women have to sit down to urinate, men don't. I couldn't care less about flowers in a restroom.

71. If I"m caring for a child restrooms for my gender will more likely have a changing table for my convenience.

That's wrong. Facilities should be in the restrooms of both genders.

72. People I"ve never met before are more likely to open doors for me.

I couldn't care less. Who really cares if someone opens a door. It's not like it's a challenging task.

73. People I"ve never met before are more likely to talk to me in public.

That's often a bad thing.

74. If I go to a bar I can expect that members of the opposite se x will purchase drinks for me.

I would not risk allowing unknown men to buy me drinks. If I want some cheap alcohol I can get it from a supermarket.

75. Anytime I find an organization just for men I can denounce it as sexism.

That's because it is sexism.

76. I believe that women should have organizations just for women.

No I don't. That's sexism.

77. If I meet a man that I like and I give him my phone number and he doesn"t call I have a right to think of him as an as shole.

So what? Who Cares? This applies the other way around anyway.

78. If I meet a man that I like and I give him my phone number and he calls me I have a right to blow him off or act like I don"t know him.

So what. Who cares? This also applies the other way around anyway.

79. I believe I have a right to live in an orderly and safe society but I feel no obligation to risk my safety to secure or maintain that society.

It depends on the circumstances. As a UK citizen I expect the police and the army to carry out these tasks. If my country was invaded I would feel obliged to help defend it.

80. I like it when bars and clubs have drinks specials just for women.

I think that's sexism.

81. I think that organizations that offer any discounts or privileges just for men is a clear sign of sexism.

That's because it is sexism.

82. If I"m white I will live 6 years longer than white males and 14 years longer than black males.

That's because my gender naturally lives longer. I agree its a privilege, although it's a natural one.

83. If I"m encouraged to get medical care it"s because I owe it to myself.

Not neccessarily.

84. When my husband is encouraged to get medical help it"s because he owes to to me and the kids.

Not neccessarily.

85. If something bad happens to me or just one woman I believe it is an offense against all women.

No I don't.

86. I believe that if something bad happens to a man it"s because he"s a loser.

No I don't.

87. I think that alimony is fair when paid to a woman but not fair when paid by a woman.

False. I think settling the matter straight away is the best option but if an alimony is used as part of a settlement the gender of who pays and receives it is irrelevant.

88. I"m more likely to believe that women who commit crimes are sick and need treatment or understanding whereas men who commit crimes are evil and should be locked up forever.

I don't believe that.

89. I can criticize the opposite sex without social penalty, but woe be to the man who attempts to criticize me or other women.

If I criticized men I would get social penalty.

90. I can throw a fit and act like a two year old to get what I want without damaging my mate value.

No I would look like a 2 year old girl that would be very embarrassing and make me look like an idiot.

91. I have the luxury of not being the filter for natural selection.

Not neccessarily.

92. I can sleep with my boss if I want and afterwards I can sue him for sexual harassment.

Obviously if it was consensual I would have no right to do that and should be punished for making up false allegations.

93. I can wear seductive clothing and perfume to attract a man at work but no one will accuse me of sexual harassment.

Well it's not sexual harassment so that's not surprising.

94. If I hear a story about Darfur and how men who leave the refugee camps to gather wood are hacked to death to prevent their wives from being raped I am likely to think that is proper but not likely to send money.

True I would be unlikely to send Money. There are lots of people in need throughout the world and I can't help all of them.

95. If I hear a story about Darfur and how women are leaving the refugee camps to gather wood are being raped I"m likely to be outraged. I"m also likely to wonder why these women"s husbands aren"t protecting them.

I would not wonder why their husband's aren't protecting their wives but I would want the rapists to be caught and given the death penalty.

96. If I ever heard these stories about Darfur it is my privilege not to care or even consider that the reason the second story exists is because all the men in the first have already been killed.

How is my gender of any relevance in these points about Darfur?

97. It is my right to maintain the belief that men oppress women despite all of the evidence to the contrary.

False. Society is dominated by men. Anyone who denies this fact is either deluded and blind to reality or they are a misogynist.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
ballpit
Posts: 157
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:34:52 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
this is just a list of things that some women do in some parts of society none of them are directly targeted at you and I am happy to hear that you do not do many or believe many of these things as that is what feminism should be not what some have turned it into (Women > Men, etc...)
This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org......
Welcome Thread:
http://www.debate.org......
New Members Read Me:
http://www.debate.org......
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com......
I avoid fights with gay people because even when you win you lose. - Wylted
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2016 9:40:35 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/5/2016 9:34:52 PM, ballpit wrote:
this is just a list of things that some women do in some parts of society none of them are directly targeted at you and I am happy to hear that you do not do many or believe many of these things as that is what feminism should be not what some have turned it into (Women > Men, etc...)

I know it's not targeted at me but I just wanted to display the type of feminism I stand for. The aim of equality and the elimination of misogyny.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.