Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

Euphemisms are great

Leugen9001
Posts: 495
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!
:) nac
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 4:55:13 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

You know Leugen, I'm a fan of satire, but I think you're doing it too often and it's losing its impact...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:06:05 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 4:55:13 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

You know Leugen, I'm a fan of satire, but I think you're doing it too often and it's losing its impact...

This is nothing. He used to do two threads a week.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:17:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:06:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:13 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

You know Leugen, I'm a fan of satire, but I think you're doing it too often and it's losing its impact...

This is nothing. He used to do two threads a week.

Did you count the evolution ones?
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:21:59 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:17:22 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:06:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:13 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

You know Leugen, I'm a fan of satire, but I think you're doing it too often and it's losing its impact...

This is nothing. He used to do two threads a week.

Did you count the evolution ones?

Huh?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:25:22 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:21:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:17:22 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:06:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:13 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

You know Leugen, I'm a fan of satire, but I think you're doing it too often and it's losing its impact...

This is nothing. He used to do two threads a week.

Did you count the evolution ones?

Huh?

I mean Leugen's evolution threads.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:27:09 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:25:22 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:21:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:17:22 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:06:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:13 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

You know Leugen, I'm a fan of satire, but I think you're doing it too often and it's losing its impact...

This is nothing. He used to do two threads a week.

Did you count the evolution ones?

Huh?

I mean Leugen's evolution threads.

I know he makes those, but I haven't seen any recent examples of that.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Posts: 2,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 6:28:36 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 6:27:09 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:25:22 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:21:59 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:17:22 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 6:06:05 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 6/4/2016 4:55:13 PM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

You know Leugen, I'm a fan of satire, but I think you're doing it too often and it's losing its impact...

This is nothing. He used to do two threads a week.

Did you count the evolution ones?

Huh?

I mean Leugen's evolution threads.

I know he makes those, but I haven't seen any recent examples of that.

I mean in the two threads a week count... Did those include the evolution threads? (Because I don't think they count as satire...)
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:
http://www.debate.org...

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
roun12
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2016 7:08:34 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/4/2016 5:30:01 AM, Leugen9001 wrote:
Why address the underlying reasons of discrimination when you can use euphemisms? Now, the stigmatized groups would feel worse because the fact that they have to be referred to as euphemisms makes them feel like "untouchables" in India! Euphemisms are magnificent; they're glorious!

Political Correctness' Snake Oil Euphemisms will eradicate racism, homophobia, and hate! Buy euphemisms now, or you're a thought criminal!

When you don't use euphemisms, you're somehow contributing to oppression! Free speech only applies to speech I like!

Euphemisms will save the day! By using euphemisms, we aren't actually addressing the root causes of hatred, so we would end up needing to keep on finding new euphemisms! It's like switching antibiotics against hate!

Heil Euphemisms! May we see an ableism-free tolerant society that can never be achieved if we undermine the social justice movement by using euphemisms!

Hilarious as always, Leugen. Keep it up while the line between reality and satire is still visible.
"No, I disagree. 'R' is among the most menacing of sounds. That's why they call it MURDER, not Muckduck." - Dwight

"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure." - George Carlin