Total Posts:37|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What's being done to stop sexism against men?

Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
H501
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 8:53:18 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Yeah, I agree with you, Foodiesoul. Are women expected to "throw their coats in mud puddles" for men? No! Chivalry is sexist, because it's not just being "respectful", it's treating one gender better than another. I'm glad someone else sees this.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 8:59:46 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 8:53:18 PM, H501 wrote:
Yeah, I agree with you, Foodiesoul. Are women expected to "throw their coats in mud puddles" for men? No!

Nobody asked you to throw your coat in a puddle of mud.
Thats your choice.

Chivalry is sexist, because it's not just being "respectful", it's treating one gender better than another. I'm glad someone else sees this.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 9:04:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

Almost all sexism that targets men has its roots in misogyny. Working to stop sexism against women will ultimately stop it against men as well. And when sexism so disproportionately affects women, I think talking about its effects on men is silly, except in extreme circumstances.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 9:18:50 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

For the millionth time, THERE IS NO WAGE GAP ROSALIE!!!!!


If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

Women should stop whining and realize that millions of men have died in battle to keep you safe while you enjoyed the confines of your home over thousands of years.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
PetersSmith
Posts: 5,819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 9:44:26 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
Lol
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 9:51:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 9:18:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

For the millionth time, THERE IS NO WAGE GAP ROSALIE!!!!!


If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

Women should stop whining and realize that millions of men have died in battle to keep you safe while you enjoyed the confines of your home over thousands of years.

And I thank all the men and women who have fought for our country. Men aren't the only ones who fought for this country.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 9:54:14 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 9:51:32 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 9:18:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

For the millionth time, THERE IS NO WAGE GAP ROSALIE!!!!!


If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

Women should stop whining and realize that millions of men have died in battle to keep you safe while you enjoyed the confines of your home over thousands of years.

And I thank all the men and women who have fought for our country. Men aren't the only ones who fought for this country.

Except over 80% of the people that have fought of this country and continue to fight are men.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Rosalie
Posts: 4,605
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:04:24 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 9:54:14 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 9:51:32 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 9:18:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

For the millionth time, THERE IS NO WAGE GAP ROSALIE!!!!!


If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

Women should stop whining and realize that millions of men have died in battle to keep you safe while you enjoyed the confines of your home over thousands of years.

And I thank all the men and women who have fought for our country. Men aren't the only ones who fought for this country.

Except over 80% of the people that have fought of this country and continue to fight are men.

women-in-the-u-s-military-growing-share-distinctive-profile
http://www.history.org...

You have no respect for women, I've seen it. Women have been in active in the military since the 1800's.

This hole op is ridiculous. Gee...It's like me arguing...

"Women suffer more sexism because we don't have a dick like a man does"
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:13:37 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:04:24 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 9:54:14 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 9:51:32 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 9:18:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

For the millionth time, THERE IS NO WAGE GAP ROSALIE!!!!!


If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

Women should stop whining and realize that millions of men have died in battle to keep you safe while you enjoyed the confines of your home over thousands of years.

And I thank all the men and women who have fought for our country. Men aren't the only ones who fought for this country.

Except over 80% of the people that have fought of this country and continue to fight are men.

women-in-the-u-s-military-growing-share-distinctive-profile
http://www.history.org...


You have no respect for women, I've seen it. Women have been in active in the military since the 1800's.

This hole op is ridiculous. Gee...It's like me arguing...

"Women suffer more sexism because we don't have a dick like a man does"

Women being a significant portion of the military has only been common practice for a few decades, while millions have died over the length of thousands of years in the military, subsequently to protect women, let alone the fact that millions of men faced terrible conditions in the two world wars.

Only 14.5% of the U.S. military is women, and most of those are not in combat roles, and a large portion of those that are in combat roles only got in because the military has become a progressive cesspool that lowers standards so they don't seem sexist for refusing female combatants.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 978
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:31:32 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

First you must prove sexism against men exist!
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:33:11 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:31:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

First you must prove sexism against men exist!

Sure it does. Even from a statistically probably perspective, it is improbably that prejudice against men would not exist, especially as there's various people that have shown their support for the death of males or mistreatment of them.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:36:01 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Men pay more for life insurance and car insurance (just for being male). Women don't pay more for any insurance, even though they suck up monstrous disproportions of medical insurance spending.

Women get sexual preferences in industries (and college programs) dominated by men. But, men don't get any sexual preferences in areas dominated by women.

Women can make stupid excuses about such things as why women get child custody far more often than men (who are instead stuck with outrageous child support obligations). But, a man makes an excuse for anything, no matter how valid the excuse is, he's labeled a misogynist.

It's this simple. Women are the weaker sex. And, modern society gives preferences to, for lack of a better word, the inferior, in an attempt to balance outcomes. This is also why we have a huge double standard between white people and blacks. A Mexican immigrant gets treated better by our government than a native born white male.
Hiu
Posts: 978
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:36:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

However I concede that there are instances where the father gets an unfair judgment against him despite having a bond with the child as well as paying child support and even some go to jail for paying TOO much child support:

"A father will spend half of 2014 behind bars for doing too much for his son. After overpaying child support and seeing his son too often - breaking terms that were secretly modified without his knowledge - a judge sentenced him to a lengthy jail sentence. "

https://www.sott.net...

Unfortunately there are women who use their children as bargaining chips against their former lovers because they want to be petty. Furthermore, it is unfortunate that some women use the courts to hurt the father. Family Law needs to change this dynamic.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:37:39 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:36:20 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 6/7/2016 8:42:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 6/7/2016 6:37:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:

I literally LOL'ed when reading this XD

I know that sexism works both ways and that women have to deal with sexism too but honestly, it seems like society is more sexist against men than it is against women!!

Oh boy....here we go.

There are shelters for female victims of violence but where are the shelters for male victims of violence?

http://www.helpguide.org...

Here, you can find advice, and ways to get help, if you're a man whom has been abused. There are shelters, if you look online, which I highly doubt that you have checked. So, don't make assumptions without doing your research.

Also, it seems like fathers don't have any rights of custody over their children but women always do! This isn't fair!

Statistics show that 80% of the time, during a divorce, the mom gets custody. But who gets custody, is based on some questions, such as:

Who is the primary caregiver?
Parent-child Bond
Relationship with the parent
etc.

The child's opinion also has a effect on whom gets the custody.


The news always talks about sexism against women but how come the news never talks about sexism against men?

Because statistics show that women are more abused then men are? I have seen some cases on the news of women raping men though, but it's pretty rare.

Let's look at racism! It used to be a very big issue for all minorities, especially blacks! But thanks to many inspiring figures such as Martin Luther King Jr, Rosa Parks, Jackie Robinson, Nelson Mandela, Malcolm X, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and more, people are more accepting of ALL races! Yes, racism still exists, but society is now more accepting of all races!

And?

Yet, it seems like sexism is still a big issue for men! Women have literally been freed from sexism! They can vote! They can be paid equally! Men are now the targets of sexism and it seems like it will sadly be that way for a long time!

Men never had to deal with sexism.
Men can vote.
Men are paid fairly, while women still face the gender rating, and wage gap.

If we had so many people who helped greatly decrease racism and make people more accepting of all races and we had so many people fight to stop sexism against women, how come there are barely any people fighting to stop sexism against men?!

Is there anything at all that is being done to stop sexism against men and if so, what?!

However I concede that there are instances where the father gets an unfair judgment against him despite having a bond with the child as well as paying child support and even some go to jail for paying TOO much child support:

"A father will spend half of 2014 behind bars for doing too much for his son. After overpaying child support and seeing his son too often - breaking terms that were secretly modified without his knowledge - a judge sentenced him to a lengthy jail sentence. "

https://www.sott.net...

Unfortunately there are women who use their children as bargaining chips against their former lovers because they want to be petty. Furthermore, it is unfortunate that some women use the courts to hurt the father. Family Law needs to change this dynamic.

Exactly. That's one of the reasons men refuse to get married as it's not a financial risk.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 978
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:38:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Edit: The above mentioned father actually was in the rears, and apparently upon catching up on his child support which he didn't know he owed.
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:55:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"

That's how women act towards men even though everything is handed to women on a silver platter.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:57:19 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"
Bhakun, what do you mean by that?
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:57:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:55:55 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"

everything is handed to women on a silver platter.
Explain.

And don't just make sweeping generalizations with no substance.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 10:59:31 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:57:19 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"
Bhakun, what do you mean by that?

Isn't it obvious? You think you yourself as a man is more oppressed by society than women are. You believe men like yourself to be the victim.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 11:02:45 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:57:40 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:55:55 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"

everything is handed to women on a silver platter.
Explain.

More emotional support, female quotas, government assistance, scholarships, easier to get employment, favored in education, win most custody cases, get paid in alimony, lower standards in the military, social double standards, less prison conviction time, more awareness for female diseases, etc.

And don't just make sweeping generalizations with no substance.

That's what you did, just so we're all clear.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 11:04:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 10:59:31 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:57:19 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"
Bhakun, what do you mean by that?

Isn't it obvious? You think you yourself as a man is more oppressed by society than women are. You believe men like yourself to be the victim.

We are.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/7/2016 11:52:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I think that both men and women can be oppressed and that both men and women can be victims of mental and physical violence.

Sorry. I didn't mean to make any generalizations.
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:04:37 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/7/2016 11:02:45 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:57:40 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:55:55 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"

everything is handed to women on a silver platter.
Explain.

More emotional support
like i said, this has no substance
female quotas,
Young women are hired less than young men even with equal qualifications because of the expectancy for young women to get pregnant and go on leave
government assistance,
for women only? no no no. Maybe for single mothers. I dont see anything wrong with that.
scholarships,
valid point
easier to get employment,
i explained this above
favored in education,
no substance in this argument
win most custody cases,
90% of custody cases are settled without a court. and children prefer to live with their mothers.
get paid in alimony,
men get alimony too
lower standards in the military,
valid point, though women arent usually in combat roles
social double standards,
such as?
less prison conviction time,
this is because men commit more violent crime than women, so there are more repeat offenders, hence longer sentences
more awareness for female diseases
I guess so
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:36:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:04:37 AM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/7/2016 11:02:45 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:57:40 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:55:55 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"

everything is handed to women on a silver platter.
Explain.

More emotional support
like i said, this has no substance

You're making invalid claims that you cannot rationalize. The substance being that through noticing valid accounts from various people, as well as through experiences and studies done, the rate at which women are offered emotional and psychological help and pity is far higher than which men are helped.
female quotas,
Young women are hired less than young men even with equal qualifications because of the expectancy for young women to get pregnant and go on leave

Correct, as they often do, and as the businesses often should. It's a burden to hire and train employees that will leave, but this not the reason as to why this occurs. Government law mandates that employers pay for leave of absence due to child care for the female employee, so it's actually the government's own wrongdoing that is harming women. Also, women being hired at lesser rates due to their personal choices does not validate the need for government enforced quotas, which are sexist at best and a destruction of meritocratic values as well as furthering the idea that there is some intrinsic value in people because of sex, not because of productivity and efficiency and skill.
government assistance,
for women only? no no no. Maybe for single mothers. I dont see anything wrong with that.

When did I state that government assistance only applies to women? I stated that they receive more in government assistance, which they do, and there's quite a lot of problems associated with giving women more money in assistance for being single mothers when the same is not done to single fathers, nor should they be reimbursed with more money if they cannot take care of the child that they wanted. If you see nothing wrong with this blatant disregard for equality between government's treatment, then you must be the one that is reciprocating hypocrisy.
scholarships,
valid point
easier to get employment,
i explained this above
favored in education,
no substance in this argument

Really? Most education facilities are staffed with women, and people inherently favor their own over others. There's also the prevailing theme that women are more emotional, which, while being bioligically the case, should not play an effect into teachers and professors treating women with more caution than with male students. The anti-male atmosphere in universities and education facilities is one of prevailing causes of high male drop out rates.

win most custody cases,
90% of custody cases are settled without a court. and children prefer to live with their mothers.

That's not true. Children do not automatically prefer to live with their mother, and it's certainly not the case in the 80%+ cases that are won by the females. It's simply because the courts believe that when the divorce is initiated by the female, as it often is, that there is something
inherently wrong with the male's capability to take care of the child. In fact, the reason for such silliness among adolescents is the lack of a paternal and fatherly figure. If you want equality, then you have to be objective, not running under false predilections.

Also, show me the case if that's your claim.
get paid in alimony,
men get alimony too

Yes, in much lower sums and in much lower cases, as women are the ones who win and initiate divorce cases and thus are the ones rewarded with the money. I've yet to seem women going to jail for failing to pay child support.

lower standards in the military,
valid point, though women arent usually in combat roles

Some are, but most aren't. In any case, there's a reason why only 2 women passed Ranger school recently, and it sure as hell isn't the male's fault.

social double standards,
such as?

Being perfectly acceptable to body shame men or call them fat/ugly, while doing the same to women is seen as unacceptable and chauvinistic. It's also perfectly fine for media outlets to characterize male sex parts, while doing the same about women only breeds this idea that men are being materialistic.

There's been various cases on live television of men being paraded around women or being told to undress, while doing the same to females would be seen as misogyny and would have your career ruined.
less prison conviction time,
this is because men commit more violent crime than women, so there are more repeat offenders, hence longer sentences

Not true in the least. First case offending men get more than first case offending women, as well as women getting a much lower sentence (rougly a couple years) than males for the same crime.
more awareness for female diseases
I guess so

Especially when female disease such as breast cancer kill roughly the same amount of people as a male cancer (the name escapes me) and yet more awareness is raised for breast cancer. It's indicative of this that I forget the name the male illness but everyone is familiar with the female cancer.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 2:48:31 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:36:54 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:04:37 AM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/7/2016 11:02:45 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:57:40 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:55:55 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/7/2016 10:45:21 PM, bhakun wrote:
Ahh, the classic, "stop acting like such a victim! I;m the real victim!"

everything is handed to women on a silver platter.
Explain.

More emotional support
like i said, this has no substance

You're making invalid claims that you cannot rationalize. The substance being that through noticing valid accounts from various people, as well as through experiences and studies done, the rate at which women are offered emotional and psychological help and pity is far higher than which men are helped.
female quotas,
Young women are hired less than young men even with equal qualifications because of the expectancy for young women to get pregnant and go on leave

Correct, as they often do, and as the businesses often should. It's a burden to hire and train employees that will leave, but this not the reason as to why this occurs. Government law mandates that employers pay for leave of absence due to child care for the female employee, so it's actually the government's own wrongdoing that is harming women. Also, women being hired at lesser rates due to their personal choices does not validate the need for government enforced quotas, which are sexist at best and a destruction of meritocratic values as well as furthering the idea that there is some intrinsic value in people because of sex, not because of productivity and efficiency and skill.
There is not mandatory maternity pay in the US. And you should not be punished for having a child. And quotas have their reason for existing--people treat people of the same sex and race differently than others (not out of racism/sexism, its just a psychology thing).
government assistance,
for women only? no no no. Maybe for single mothers. I dont see anything wrong with that.

When did I state that government assistance only applies to women? I stated that they receive more in government assistance, which they do, and there's quite a lot of problems associated with giving women more money in assistance for being single mothers when the same is not done to single fathers, nor should they be reimbursed with more money if they cannot take care of the child that they wanted. If you see nothing wrong with this blatant disregard for equality between government's treatment, then you must be the one that is reciprocating hypocrisy.
Single fathers are not nearly as common as single mothers and single fathers are more likely to live with a partner so they arent going to get as much assistance (though I dont even know if thats true)
scholarships,
valid point
easier to get employment,
i explained this above
favored in education,
no substance in this argument

Really? Most education facilities are staffed with women, and people inherently favor their own over others.
See? This is why we need quotas.

win most custody cases,
90% of custody cases are settled without a court. and children prefer to live with their mothers.

That's not true. Children do not automatically prefer to live with their mother, and it's certainly not the case in the 80%+ cases that are won by the females.
Like I said, most custody cases are agreed upon by the mother and father without the help of a court so obviously they get custody more often. And, biologically, children prefer their mothers, its natural.

Also, show me the case if that's your claim.
http://www.villainouscompany.com... outlines a study. Basically, it shows that men pursue custody a lot less than women, which explains the gap.
get paid in alimony,
men get alimony too

Yes, in much lower sums and in much lower cases, as women are the ones who win and initiate divorce cases and thus are the ones rewarded with the money. I've yet to seem women going to jail for failing to pay child support.

Source?
lower standards in the military,
valid point, though women arent usually in combat roles

Some are, but most aren't. In any case, there's a reason why only 2 women passed Ranger school recently, and it sure as hell isn't the male's fault.

social double standards,
such as?

Being perfectly acceptable to body shame men or call them fat/ugly, while doing the same to women is seen as unacceptable and chauvinistic. It's also perfectly fine for media outlets to characterize male sex parts, while doing the same about women only breeds this idea that men are being materialistic.
Body shaming of any kind is looked down upon, man or woman. Ask any feminist.

And, dude, look around. Women are sexualized waaaay more in media than men.

There's been various cases on live television of men being paraded around women or being told to undress, while doing the same to females would be seen as misogyny and would have your career ruined.
what?
less prison conviction time,
this is because men commit more violent crime than women, so there are more repeat offenders, hence longer sentences

Not true in the least. First case offending men get more than first case offending women, as well as women getting a much lower sentence (rougly a couple years) than males for the same crime.
Source?
more awareness for female diseases
I guess so

Especially when female disease such as breast cancer kill roughly the same amount of people as a male cancer (the name escapes me) and yet more awareness is raised for breast cancer. It's indicative of this that I forget the name the male illness but everyone is familiar with the female cancer.
Prostate cancer.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 3:18:54 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/8/2016 2:48:31 AM, bhakun wrote:
]
There is not mandatory maternity pay in the US. And you should not be punished for having a child. And quotas have their reason for existing--people treat people of the same sex and race differently than others (not out of racism/sexism, its just a psychology thing).

Women are not being punished for having children. It's not a punishment so much as it's a consequence of their own actions. It's disingenuous to state that women must be treated the same as men in the workplace when it comes to being employed when there are different variables that play into the employment of each different sex. Quotas, just so you're aware, as I don't think you are, exist as government mandates for a specific number of people that must be hired for some specific sex or ethnicity. This is not only an abridgment of the usage of government but it's also a very bad case for employees and employers alike as they must now factor personal attributes in a job that they otherwise would not have. If the applicants at a facility happen to be 100 males with much better education and skill than all of the other 100 women that applied, then the jobs should go to whomever holds the most merit, not whomever holds a different sexual organ.
government assistance,
for women only? no no no. Maybe for single mothers. I dont see anything wrong with that.

When did I state that government assistance only applies to women? I stated that they receive more in government assistance, which they do, and there's quite a lot of problems associated with giving women more money in assistance for being single mothers when the same is not done to single fathers, nor should they be reimbursed with more money if they cannot take care of the child that they wanted. If you see nothing wrong with this blatant disregard for equality between government's treatment, then you must be the one that is reciprocating hypocrisy.
Single fathers are not nearly as common as single mothers and single fathers are more likely to live with a partner so they arent going to get as much assistance (though I dont even know if thats true)

Single fathers are not as common for the reasons I've outlined previously. Custody cases are mostly won by women as a result of the court's seemingly one-sided nature, and thus most relationships with children involved are won by women with the children going to the women. This not only is unfair but has proven to put stress on males as they are often times barred from visiting their own children.

scholarships,
valid point
easier to get employment,
i explained this above
favored in education,
no substance in this argument

Really? Most education facilities are staffed with women, and people inherently favor their own over others.
See? This is why we need quotas.

No, there's no reason for quotas in any respect. Is there any reason as to why it should be a requirement to employ a certain amount of people? What if those people are not efficient or productive enough? All it does is create laziness and allow those with little skill to get by on the basis of their biology, not their character and abilities. Women are better at teaching at a high school and elementary level, as they are better nurturers, so it's perfectly fine that there's more of them.

win most custody cases,
90% of custody cases are settled without a court. and children prefer to live with their mothers.

That's not true. Children do not automatically prefer to live with their mother, and it's certainly not the case in the 80%+ cases that are won by the females.
Like I said, most custody cases are agreed upon by the mother and father without the help of a court so obviously they get custody more often. And, biologically, children prefer their mothers, its natural.

So your argument on one front is biological preferences, while on the other you wish to erase these biological preferences by enforcing gender quotas in places that they are not needed?

Custody cases are won by women because they are initiated by women, and that's the simple truth of it.

Also, show me the case if that's your claim.
http://www.villainouscompany.com... outlines a study. Basically, it shows that men pursue custody a lot less than women, which explains the gap.

That has to be the worst source I've seen in my life.
get paid in alimony,
men get alimony too

Yes, in much lower sums and in much lower cases, as women are the ones who win and initiate divorce cases and thus are the ones rewarded with the money. I've yet to seem women going to jail for failing to pay child support.

Source?
lower standards in the military,
valid point, though women arent usually in combat roles

Some are, but most aren't. In any case, there's a reason why only 2 women passed Ranger school recently, and it sure as hell isn't the male's fault.

social double standards,
such as?

Being perfectly acceptable to body shame men or call them fat/ugly, while doing the same to women is seen as unacceptable and chauvinistic. It's also perfectly fine for media outlets to characterize male sex parts, while doing the same about women only breeds this idea that men are being materialistic.
Body shaming of any kind is looked down upon, man or woman. Ask any feminist.

Not true at all. One individual feminist that happens to support an idea is not indicative of all feminists that do so, although "feminism" is not the movement to consult when talking about perceptions. It's essentially a pseudo-misandrist movement confounded on lies and misuse of evidence.

https://www.law.umich.edu..., how does that explain the fact that both in media and in life, women who preach fat-acceptance of females do not preach the same with the fat-acceptance of males? There's more factors that play into this, and there's far more cases of double standards and hypocrisy coming from the generally "SJW/feminist" crowd, but this is a good case of it.


And, dude, look around. Women are sexualized waaaay more in media than men.

Yes, and? They not only choose to do this, but it happens to be the natural biology of men to fixate on beauty.


There's been various cases on live television of men being paraded around women or being told to undress, while doing the same to females would be seen as misogyny and would have your career ruined.
what?

Let me send you a video

https://www.youtube.com...

If this was asked of a female, and men cheered on, how many feminists would crawl out of the woodworks to decry it as misogyny?

less prison conviction time,
this is because men commit more violent crime than women, so there are more repeat offenders, hence longer sentences

Not true in the least. First case offending men get more than first case offending women, as well as women getting a much lower sentence (rougly a couple years) than males for the same crime.
Source?
https://www.law.umich.edu...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

This is really funny, coming from huffington post.

more awareness for female diseases
I guess so

Especially when female disease such as breast cancer kill roughly the same amount of people as a male cancer (the name escapes me) and yet more awareness is raised for breast cancer. It's indicative of this that I forget the name the male illness but everyone is familiar with the female cancer.
Prostate cancer.

Much less awareness for prostate c
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2016 7:50:46 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/8/2016 3:18:54 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 6/8/2016 2:48:31 AM, bhakun wrote:
]
There is not mandatory maternity pay in the US. And you should not be punished for having a child. And quotas have their reason for existing--people treat people of the same sex and race differently than others (not out of racism/sexism, its just a psychology thing).

Women are not being punished for having children. It's not a punishment so much as it's a consequence of their own actions. It's disingenuous to state that women must be treated the same as men in the workplace when it comes to being employed when there are different variables that play into the employment of each different sex. Quotas, just so you're aware, as I don't think you are, exist as government mandates for a specific number of people that must be hired for some specific sex or ethnicity. This is not only an abridgment of the usage of government but it's also a very bad case for employees and employers alike as they must now factor personal attributes in a job that they otherwise would not have. If the applicants at a facility happen to be 100 males with much better education and skill than all of the other 100 women that applied, then the jobs should go to whomever holds the most merit, not whomever holds a different sexual organ.
government assistance,
for women only? no no no. Maybe for single mothers. I dont see anything wrong with that.

When did I state that government assistance only applies to women? I stated that they receive more in government assistance, which they do, and there's quite a lot of problems associated with giving women more money in assistance for being single mothers when the same is not done to single fathers, nor should they be reimbursed with more money if they cannot take care of the child that they wanted. If you see nothing wrong with this blatant disregard for equality between government's treatment, then you must be the one that is reciprocating hypocrisy.
Single fathers are not nearly as common as single mothers and single fathers are more likely to live with a partner so they arent going to get as much assistance (though I dont even know if thats true)

Single fathers are not as common for the reasons I've outlined previously. Custody cases are mostly won by women as a result of the court's seemingly one-sided nature, and thus most relationships with children involved are won by women with the children going to the women. This not only is unfair but has proven to put stress on males as they are often times barred from visiting their own children.

scholarships,
valid point
easier to get employment,
i explained this above
favored in education,
no substance in this argument

Really? Most education facilities are staffed with women, and people inherently favor their own over others.
See? This is why we need quotas.

No, there's no reason for quotas in any respect. Is there any reason as to why it should be a requirement to employ a certain amount of people? What if those people are not efficient or productive enough? All it does is create laziness and allow those with little skill to get by on the basis of their biology, not their character and abilities. Women are better at teaching at a high school and elementary level, as they are better nurturers, so it's perfectly fine that there's more of them.

win most custody cases,
90% of custody cases are settled without a court. and children prefer to live with their mothers.

That's not true. Children do not automatically prefer to live with their mother, and it's certainly not the case in the 80%+ cases that are won by the females.
Like I said, most custody cases are agreed upon by the mother and father without the help of a court so obviously they get custody more often. And, biologically, children prefer their mothers, its natural.

So your argument on one front is biological preferences, while on the other you wish to erase these biological preferences by enforcing gender quotas in places that they are not needed?

Custody cases are won by women because they are initiated by women, and that's the simple truth of it.

Also, show me the case if that's your claim.
http://www.villainouscompany.com... outlines a study. Basically, it shows that men pursue custody a lot less than women, which explains the gap.

That has to be the worst source I've seen in my life.
get paid in alimony,
men get alimony too

Yes, in much lower sums and in much lower cases, as women are the ones who win and initiate divorce cases and thus are the ones rewarded with the money. I've yet to seem women going to jail for failing to pay child support.

Source?
lower standards in the military,
valid point, though women arent usually in combat roles

Some are, but most aren't. In any case, there's a reason why only 2 women passed Ranger school recently, and it sure as hell isn't the male's fault.

social double standards,
such as?

Being perfectly acceptable to body shame men or call them fat/ugly, while doing the same to women is seen as unacceptable and chauvinistic. It's also perfectly fine for media outlets to characterize male sex parts, while doing the same about women only breeds this idea that men are being materialistic.
Body shaming of any kind is looked down upon, man or woman. Ask any feminist.

Not true at all. One individual feminist that happens to support an idea is not indicative of all feminists that do so, although "feminism" is not the movement to consult when talking about perceptions. It's essentially a pseudo-misandrist movement confounded on lies and misuse of evidence.

https://www.law.umich.edu..., how does that explain the fact that both in media and in life, women who preach fat-acceptance of females do not preach the same with the fat-acceptance of males? There's more factors that play into this, and there's far more cases of double standards and hypocrisy coming from the generally "SJW/feminist" crowd, but this is a good case of it.


And, dude, look around. Women are sexualized waaaay more in media than men.

Yes, and? They not only choose to do this, but it happens to be the natural biology of men to fixate on beauty.


There's been various cases on live television of men being paraded around women or being told to undress, while doing the same to females would be seen as misogyny and would have your career ruined.
what?

Let me send you a video

https://www.youtube.com...

If this was asked of a female, and men cheered on, how many feminists would crawl out of the woodworks to decry it as misogyny?

Actually bballcrook21, there are programs on the media that objectify women just like there are programs on the media that objectify men! The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show is a great example! Those Angels are sexualized in a way and people still cheer for them because it's their job! If it wasn't their job and they just went half-naked for no reason, then people probably would be angry, whether the people are male or female!