Jump to topic:

Adults are less likely to make new friends

BearHee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 3:40:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
When one reach adulthood, he is less likely to make new friends.
I think it's because adults spend more time working and have less opportunity and time to meet new people who are like-minded, of shared interest or who they may find interesting. They have established fixed social circle and don't willing to spend time with new people. They mostly communicate only with their family, coworkers and old acquaintances. They are satisfied with their current situation.
Another reason is related to the fact that when one reach adulthood, his personality set and values formed. He doesn't bother to deal with people different from him. These different people, however, are sometimes promising potential friends to expand his mind.
BearHee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 3:45:51 AM
Another reason is related to the fact that when one reach adulthood, his personality set and values formed. He doesn't bother to deal with people different from him. These different people, however, are sometimes promising potential friends to expand his mind.
Nivek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 7:43:22 AM
I'd like to make an anecdote. these are entirely circumstantial. My social life came at a very late age and I had friends only by the end of high school and the start of college. Before that, I couldn't make any friends and I basically persevered through by ignoring whatever label my peers espoused me. This became much worst when my own best friend left me without any explanation. I pretty much internalize the worst of my thoughts. Teenage life was incredibly petty but it still remain as one of the most agonizing depression period I've ever had. Sorry to disappoint adults but independent life doesn't come close to it. I'm much better now because I have more freedom and I have much better friends than my entire highschool.