Total Posts:25|Showing Posts:1-25
Jump to topic:

Has feminism gone too far?

H501
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2016 9:30:57 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I was debating Julian-Harker on this topic, saying that no, it hasn't. It's been a fun debate (Not over yet), and I don't know who will win the votes, but in my book, Julian has already won. Because he actually convinced me that I was wrong, and that yes, feminism has gone a little too far. (I will, however, still continue to argue my side, so I ask voters not to vote for him just because I think he's right, and to vote based on our arguments) Look at this-(http://www.debate.org...)
This post is supposed to be Trump satire, but there are some people, judging from the comments and what I've seen in the real world, who would and do support this idea. Maybe not many, maybe only a select few, but the fact that there are any is troubling. I want to assure people that I am 100% for gender equality- but feminism? Not anymore. These days, feminism means women can do whatever they want to to men, and if men protest...SEXIST! SEXIST ALERT!
I think, like Julian says, feminism was a much more noble cause back when women really were treated much worse than men. Imagine this. Say I walk up to a random woman on the street and slap her across the face. (This is, of course, purely a hypothetical, I would never actually do that.) Can you imagine what would happen if I did, though? People would first call the cops, then turn and beat me up! Now, imagine a random woman comes up to me on the street and slaps me in the face. There would be a few laughs. Maybe a few curious stares. Most would assume she was my girlfriend. But in the first scenario, no one would care whether or not she was my girlfriend- they would attack me no matter what! Can nobody see this? I said it once, and I'll say it again- I am 100% for gender equality. Equality. For both women and men. Men need to treat women with respect, and vice versa.

By the way, if anyone attacks me and calls me "a sexist pig" or something along those lines in the comments, you will simply be proving my point.
rross
Posts: 2,772
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 2:59:33 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
Feminists have never argued for violence against men (except maybe solanos who is, after all, only famous for being a violent criminal), or that women who commit violence are funny and should be sexualized (probably his girlfriend).

Actually, your whole post is pro-feminist except for the part where you say you aren't. Here's a feminist smiley for you. :)
H501
Posts: 5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/17/2016 9:16:38 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/17/2016 2:59:33 AM, rross wrote:
Feminists have never argued for violence against men (except maybe solanos who is, after all, only famous for being a violent criminal), or that women who commit violence are funny and should be sexualized (probably his girlfriend).

Actually, your whole post is pro-feminist except for the part where you say you aren't. Here's a feminist smiley for you. :)

Okay then. That's good? I guess?
Fernyx
Posts: 320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 8:55:38 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 9:30:57 PM, H501 wrote:
I was debating Julian-Harker on this topic, saying that no, it hasn't. It's been a fun debate (Not over yet), and I don't know who will win the votes, but in my book, Julian has already won. Because he actually convinced me that I was wrong, and that yes, feminism has gone a little too far. (I will, however, still continue to argue my side, so I ask voters not to vote for him just because I think he's right, and to vote based on our arguments) Look at this-(http://www.debate.org...)
This post is supposed to be Trump satire, but there are some people, judging from the comments and what I've seen in the real world, who would and do support this idea. Maybe not many, maybe only a select few, but the fact that there are any is troubling. I want to assure people that I am 100% for gender equality- but feminism? Not anymore. These days, feminism means women can do whatever they want to to men, and if men protest...SEXIST! SEXIST ALERT!
I think, like Julian says, feminism was a much more noble cause back when women really were treated much worse than men. Imagine this. Say I walk up to a random woman on the street and slap her across the face. (This is, of course, purely a hypothetical, I would never actually do that.) Can you imagine what would happen if I did, though? People would first call the cops, then turn and beat me up! Now, imagine a random woman comes up to me on the street and slaps me in the face. There would be a few laughs. Maybe a few curious stares. Most would assume she was my girlfriend. But in the first scenario, no one would care whether or not she was my girlfriend- they would attack me no matter what! Can nobody see this? I said it once, and I'll say it again- I am 100% for gender equality. Equality. For both women and men. Men need to treat women with respect, and vice versa.

By the way, if anyone attacks me and calls me "a sexist pig" or something along those lines in the comments, you will simply be proving my point.

You can tell that it has gone too far because they have to use manipulated statistics to keep their movement relative. For example the wage gap, 1/5 1/4 1/3 rape statistics, and faked rape cases like UVA. If they can not find the examples, or use statistics properly, it has gone too far. I don't know if you want an explanation on why any of these are wrong, feel free to ask.
foxxhajti
Posts: 479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:49:02 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/15/2016 9:30:57 PM, H501 wrote:
I was debating Julian-Harker on this topic, saying that no, it hasn't. It's been a fun debate (Not over yet), and I don't know who will win the votes, but in my book, Julian has already won. Because he actually convinced me that I was wrong, and that yes, feminism has gone a little too far. (I will, however, still continue to argue my side, so I ask voters not to vote for him just because I think he's right, and to vote based on our arguments) Look at this-(http://www.debate.org...)
This post is supposed to be Trump satire, but there are some people, judging from the comments and what I've seen in the real world, who would and do support this idea. Maybe not many, maybe only a select few, but the fact that there are any is troubling. I want to assure people that I am 100% for gender equality- but feminism? Not anymore. These days, feminism means women can do whatever they want to to men, and if men protest...SEXIST! SEXIST ALERT!
I think, like Julian says, feminism was a much more noble cause back when women really were treated much worse than men. Imagine this. Say I walk up to a random woman on the street and slap her across the face. (This is, of course, purely a hypothetical, I would never actually do that.) Can you imagine what would happen if I did, though? People would first call the cops, then turn and beat me up! Now, imagine a random woman comes up to me on the street and slaps me in the face. There would be a few laughs. Maybe a few curious stares. Most would assume she was my girlfriend. But in the first scenario, no one would care whether or not she was my girlfriend- they would attack me no matter what! Can nobody see this? I said it once, and I'll say it again- I am 100% for gender equality. Equality. For both women and men. Men need to treat women with respect, and vice versa.

By the way, if anyone attacks me and calls me "a sexist pig" or something along those lines in the comments, you will simply be proving my point.

Hello there!
I happen to be a former feminist. Feminism has made women multiple rights through the years, unfortunately though, lately it's been hijacked by a bunch of man-haters. These feminists say they want equal rights, but truly, we do have them, in the west at least. Feminists are selfish women who want supremacy not equal rights and they don't even seek to help women who truly need it: like women in the middle east.

Which rights do men have that women don't, in the west?
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Janerover
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 3:22:29 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I don't call myself a 'feminist.' And I don't think I am a 'man hater.' But there are many issues where there is a disparity between men and women. Eg. wages. Women earn e.g. 80c to $1 earned by males. This is even with the SAME qualifications. How does it happen still???

Look at domestic violence figures. It's mostly men against women. With physical, mental, emotional and financial abuse. (BTW I'm not saying that all men do this, but it is an e.g.).

We are privileged to live in a society where we feel like equals to men.

But dig beneath the surface, and there is still rampant discrimination that occurs. And it's subtle most of the time, because men know they can't get away with it as much if it's overt. But it's there.

Ok stupid e.g. but it gets the point across. Junior male and senior male mentor. They chat. They play golf. They have lunch. Even dinner sometimes. If you tried that between a female junior and a senior male, automatically this screams 'AFFAIR." The male gets a helping hand. The female gets passed over. In this e.g., it is not overt. But it happens daily.

It's a pity you can't still see the discrimination that occurs daily.
Fernyx
Posts: 320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 3:28:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 3:22:29 PM, Janerover wrote:
I don't call myself a 'feminist.' And I don't think I am a 'man hater.' But there are many issues where there is a disparity between men and women. Eg. wages. Women earn e.g. 80c to $1 earned by males. This is even with the SAME qualifications. How does it happen still???

Look at domestic violence figures. It's mostly men against women. With physical, mental, emotional and financial abuse. (BTW I'm not saying that all men do this, but it is an e.g.).

We are privileged to live in a society where we feel like equals to men.

But dig beneath the surface, and there is still rampant discrimination that occurs. And it's subtle most of the time, because men know they can't get away with it as much if it's overt. But it's there.

Ok stupid e.g. but it gets the point across. Junior male and senior male mentor. They chat. They play golf. They have lunch. Even dinner sometimes. If you tried that between a female junior and a senior male, automatically this screams 'AFFAIR." The male gets a helping hand. The female gets passed over. In this e.g., it is not overt. But it happens daily.

It's a pity you can't still see the discrimination that occurs daily.

The wage gap is false, same qualifications do not equate to same hours, prestige, or production, and it is still an average, not comparing 2 people's pay. For example men work on average 42 more minutes a day, one of the big factors in the 'wage gap'. It doesn't describe same pay for same work. Also what do you mean by the male gets support when questions of an 'affair' come up?
Janerover
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:18:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I beg to disagree. The studies I have found have shown the wage gap is true. See http://www.aauw.org... for US data, and https://www.wgea.gov.au... for AUS data.

You should read this article below. It agrees with your statement on how women work less (85- 96% as 'productive.') However, it does not explain why they are paid 66-68% as much as men. It also mentions how men are more likely to be hired for work vs females based on resumes. (see: http://clinton4.nara.gov...).

Also, the National Society of Sciences found, "that less than one-half of the wage gap between the sexes could be explained by human capital variables alone" and "gives support to claims that factors other than productivity affect wages." This is taken from a US report for Congress. (see: http://www.policyalmanac.org...). Also from the Australian Journal of Labor Economics, "Despite the characteristics of male and female managers being remarkably similar, their earnings are very different, suggesting that discrimination plays an important role in this outcome." (see: http://www.policyalmanac.org...).

And in response to this: "Also what do you mean by the male gets support when questions of an 'affair' come up?" - How did you get this impression? I was simply trying to say that men can get mentoring and out of office contact with other men who give them a helping hand. Meanwhile, this platonic relationship is harder to foster between males and females because of office gossip.

Frankly, feminism is not doing enough.
Janerover
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 4:42:10 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
" You can tell that it has gone too far because they have to use manipulated statistics to keep their movement relative. For example the wage gap, 1/5 1/4 1/3 rape statistics, and faked rape cases like UVA. If they can not find the examples, or use statistics properly, it has gone too far. I don't know if you want an explanation on why any of these are wrong, feel free to ask."

I would be interested if you could explain your opinion on the rape statistics? I found an interesting article from the CDC (see: https://www.cdc.gov...) reporting that 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 males are raped. The National Crime Victimisation Survey used a different set of parameters, but still reported 238, 000 women were raped or sexually assaulted in a particular year (see: http://time.com....

Meanwhile, only 2-4% are false reports. Over 80% of victims are women. And of every 100 assaults, only 6 are reported to police (see: (see: http://www.sexassault.ca...). Or taken from the FBI: "Eight percent of forcible rape complaints in 1996 were "unfounded," while the average for all Index crimes was 2 percent" (see: https://www.fbi.gov...). Another poll: 83% of women don't report to police (see: http://www.telegraph.co.uk...)
Fernyx
Posts: 320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 8:34:14 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 4:42:10 PM, Janerover wrote:
" You can tell that it has gone too far because they have to use manipulated statistics to keep their movement relative. For example the wage gap, 1/5 1/4 1/3 rape statistics, and faked rape cases like UVA. If they can not find the examples, or use statistics properly, it has gone too far. I don't know if you want an explanation on why any of these are wrong, feel free to ask."

I would be interested if you could explain your opinion on the rape statistics? I found an interesting article from the CDC (see: https://www.cdc.gov...) reporting that 1 in 5 women and 1 in 71 males are raped. The National Crime Victimisation Survey used a different set of parameters, but still reported 238, 000 women were raped or sexually assaulted in a particular year (see: http://time.com....

Meanwhile, only 2-4% are false reports. Over 80% of victims are women. And of every 100 assaults, only 6 are reported to police (see: (see: http://www.sexassault.ca...). Or taken from the FBI: "Eight percent of forcible rape complaints in 1996 were "unfounded," while the average for all Index crimes was 2 percent" (see: https://www.fbi.gov...). Another poll: 83% of women don't report to police (see: http://www.telegraph.co.uk...)

1/5 describes all forms of sexual assault and rape. If 1/5 was only rape it would be worse than the Congo who has a rape culture. The real statistic has been going down and was .3 per 1000 in 2003. For college including sexual assault it is around 1/52. Plus their questions are vague forms of 'sexual assault' for example have you had an uncomfortable confrontation with a person of the opposite sex.

https://www.aei.org...
Janerover
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 9:12:06 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Firstly: I also have to disagree with your comparison of Congo data to the USA. Likely the data does not take into consideration:

-that the rates mentioned are likely complete rape only
-high rate of female underreporting due to fear of the perpetrators (as you know that most females know their attacker)
-lack of police follow through and formal investigation
-political corruption and lack of infrastructure, resources

Now, unfortunately I can't open your link. I do however, have an article from the US Department of Justice reporting on data from the NCVS. "The rate of rape and sexual assault was 1.2 times higher for nonstudents (7.6 per 1,000) than for students (6.1 per 1,000)." This is based on their questionnaire, with screener questions, "Incidents involving forced or unwanted sexual acts are often difficult to talk about. Have you been forced or coerced to engage in unwanted sexual activity by (a) someone you didn"t know before, (b) a casual acquaintance? OR (c) someone you know well?" I think these are good screener questions. PLUS In their results table, they separate 'attempts' vs 'complete' and 'threats'. The Complete rape alone is 2.0 per 1000 for students, and 3.1 per 1000 for non students (1995 - 2013).

NCVS definition of rape is" Rape is the unlawful penetration of a person against the will of the victim, with use or threatened use of force, or attempting such an act. Rape includes psychological coercion and physical force, and forced sexual intercourse means vaginal, anal, or oral penetration by the o ender. Rape also includes incidents where penetration is from a foreign object (e.g., a bottle), victimizations against males and females, and both heterosexual and homosexual rape. Attempted rape includes verbal threats of rape."

On the plus side, it does look like there is a trend for a reduced rate in this timeframe of the study.
Fernyx
Posts: 320
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 12:06:17 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 9:12:06 PM, Janerover wrote:
Firstly: I also have to disagree with your comparison of Congo data to the USA. Likely the data does not take into consideration:

-that the rates mentioned are likely complete rape only
-high rate of female underreporting due to fear of the perpetrators (as you know that most females know their attacker)
-lack of police follow through and formal investigation
-political corruption and lack of infrastructure, resources

Now, unfortunately I can't open your link. I do however, have an article from the US Department of Justice reporting on data from the NCVS. "The rate of rape and sexual assault was 1.2 times higher for nonstudents (7.6 per 1,000) than for students (6.1 per 1,000)." This is based on their questionnaire, with screener questions, "Incidents involving forced or unwanted sexual acts are often difficult to talk about. Have you been forced or coerced to engage in unwanted sexual activity by (a) someone you didn"t know before, (b) a casual acquaintance? OR (c) someone you know well?" I think these are good screener questions. PLUS In their results table, they separate 'attempts' vs 'complete' and 'threats'. The Complete rape alone is 2.0 per 1000 for students, and 3.1 per 1000 for non students (1995 - 2013).

NCVS definition of rape is" Rape is the unlawful penetration of a person against the will of the victim, with use or threatened use of force, or attempting such an act. Rape includes psychological coercion and physical force, and forced sexual intercourse means vaginal, anal, or oral penetration by the o ender. Rape also includes incidents where penetration is from a foreign object (e.g., a bottle), victimizations against males and females, and both heterosexual and homosexual rape. Attempted rape includes verbal threats of rape."

On the plus side, it does look like there is a trend for a reduced rate in this timeframe of the study.

The most you can do for unreported cases are statistics based off an unknown % of unreported. Further my link was from The Department of Justice saying that 1/52 women will be raped or sexually assaulted during their time in college and that it was 4% more for non college students. This was with questions directly based off of what is considered rape or sexual assault by definition, not questions that are broad and meant or narrative purposes.
Janerover
Posts: 14
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 9:41:51 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
The most you can do for unreported cases are statistics based off an unknown % of unreported. Further my link was from The Department of Justice saying that 1/52 women will be raped or sexually assaulted during their time in college and that it was 4% more for non college students. This was with questions directly based off of what is considered rape or sexual assault by definition, not questions that are broad and meant or narrative purposes.

I concede that 1/5 is an overestimate. However, even the Dep of Justice figures are too high!!!
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2016 8:07:32 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Feminism is an abomination to the importance of the position of the homemaker. All jobs exist to stand behind and support the most important job of all, which is the homemaker. Yet here are the confused, the brainwashed, the feminists told to think they must work outside the house to be equal to men, when all along they have held the most important job within society. The feminist movement was a movement to destroy the fabric to the family. It was also a movement to double the gains to the greedy tax man. The tax man now gets double the money, and double the pleasure to see the family too busy working, too busy arguing, to busy getting divorced and moved and played, so played the family never has time to know why it's so busy running in circles.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 4:23:40 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/3/2016 8:07:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Feminism is an abomination to the importance of the position of the homemaker. All jobs exist to stand behind and support the most important job of all, which is the homemaker. Yet here are the confused, the brainwashed, the feminists told to think they must work outside the house to be equal to men, when all along they have held the most important job within society. The feminist movement was a movement to destroy the fabric to the family. It was also a movement to double the gains to the greedy tax man. The tax man now gets double the money, and double the pleasure to see the family too busy working, too busy arguing, to busy getting divorced and moved and played, so played the family never has time to know why it's so busy running in circles.

Sexist much? Not all women work at home! Not all men are cash cows and pay the bills!

Sexism really needs to DIE! It's becoming extremely harmful for both men AND women!
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,315
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2016 6:04:32 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/4/2016 4:23:40 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 7/3/2016 8:07:32 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
Feminism is an abomination to the importance of the position of the homemaker. All jobs exist to stand behind and support the most important job of all, which is the homemaker. Yet here are the confused, the brainwashed, the feminists told to think they must work outside the house to be equal to men, when all along they have held the most important job within society. The feminist movement was a movement to destroy the fabric to the family. It was also a movement to double the gains to the greedy tax man. The tax man now gets double the money, and double the pleasure to see the family too busy working, too busy arguing, to busy getting divorced and moved and played, so played the family never has time to know why it's so busy running in circles.

Sexist much? Not all women work at home! Not all men are cash cows and pay the bills!

Sexism really needs to DIE! It's becoming extremely harmful for both men AND women!

You really don't get it. That's so sad. Here I say that women have the most important job of all, and here you say I'm sexist. You say the world is too expensive for the woman to say home, and here I say the cost has risen to force you out. Yet the high expense to living well, in truth is cheap. You've been given false values. You've been given a pursuit to happiness that has no finish. Kings can be paupers, and paupers can be kings. True wealth is in the state of mind that knows family matters most.
albina.kali
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 11:04:55 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Hello,
Feel free to reply or message me about this.
I am a girl. I go to the top school in my state. About 80% of my school iis a feminist.
I am NOT a feminist and I think it's gone too far and here are my reasons.
-Feminism makes women look like victims with their 'safe spaces.' I am not weak. I don't need to talk to other people of my gender about how sucky my life is, because I love my life.
-I have gotten stopped and catcalled before. I don't hate men. I love my so and I love guys.
-I used to be friends with a feminist. She once was talking about one of my good friends, who is a republican like me. He had been saying the pro-choice argument is flawed and was not yelling at her, yet she got 'triggered' and offended. Approaching me, I explained why I couldn't agree with her about feminism.
Next day, she joined with my friend and every class period I had with her friends, they would make fun of me. I'm not hurt at all :p but they were rude and attempted to embarrass me, by doing project about how dumb republicans are, then resorting to texting me and trying to put me down. Females are mean, cruel, rude, and terrible people TOO. Yet most of my feminist friends say men are the only problem.
-I don't agree with feminism because it is pro-choice, pro LBGT, and does not give correct statistics. Very recently someone attempted to tell me that women earn .50 to a man's 1 dollar. No, feminists need to first find correct and relevant data, because they are arguing with 72 cents, 60 cents, and I've also heard 78 cents.
-I'm PERFECTLY fine the way I am. I am not homophobic, I simply don't accept LGBT for their sin, but I love them as people. If feminism really isn't violent, why have I recently gotten threats and messages saying I'm a disgusting human for not accepting who they accept, and for not agreeing with their opinions?
-As for sexism. I don't think women necessarily belong in the kitchen, but we were made by God to care for children, because we literally are the ones who make them :)
Feminism has gone way too far. We need the same rights as men, but we don't need special treatment.
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 11:13:18 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/8/2016 11:04:55 PM, albina.kali wrote:
Hello,
Feel free to reply or message me about this.
I am a girl. I go to the top school in my state. About 80% of my school iis a feminist.
I am NOT a feminist and I think it's gone too far and here are my reasons.
-Feminism makes women look like victims with their 'safe spaces.' I am not weak. I don't need to talk to other people of my gender about how sucky my life is, because I love my life.
-I have gotten stopped and catcalled before. I don't hate men. I love my so and I love guys.
-I used to be friends with a feminist. She once was talking about one of my good friends, who is a republican like me. He had been saying the pro-choice argument is flawed and was not yelling at her, yet she got 'triggered' and offended. Approaching me, I explained why I couldn't agree with her about feminism.
Next day, she joined with my friend and every class period I had with her friends, they would make fun of me. I'm not hurt at all :p but they were rude and attempted to embarrass me, by doing project about how dumb republicans are, then resorting to texting me and trying to put me down. Females are mean, cruel, rude, and terrible people TOO. Yet most of my feminist friends say men are the only problem.
-I don't agree with feminism because it is pro-choice, pro LBGT, and does not give correct statistics. Very recently someone attempted to tell me that women earn .50 to a man's 1 dollar. No, feminists need to first find correct and relevant data, because they are arguing with 72 cents, 60 cents, and I've also heard 78 cents.
-I'm PERFECTLY fine the way I am. I am not homophobic, I simply don't accept LGBT for their sin, but I love them as people. If feminism really isn't violent, why have I recently gotten threats and messages saying I'm a disgusting human for not accepting who they accept, and for not agreeing with their opinions?
-As for sexism. I don't think women necessarily belong in the kitchen, but we were made by God to care for children, because we literally are the ones who make them :)
Feminism has gone way too far. We need the same rights as men, but we don't need special treatment.

I agree with everything you said in this post! Feminism NEEDS to die and be replaced with egalitarianism which is WAY better because egalitarianism promotes equality for EVERYONE and doesn't give some shitty women special treatment just because of their gender!
albina.kali
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2016 11:17:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/8/2016 11:13:18 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
At 7/8/2016 11:04:55 PM, albina.kali wrote:
Hello,
Feel free to reply or message me about this.
I am a girl. I go to the top school in my state. About 80% of my school iis a feminist.
I am NOT a feminist and I think it's gone too far and here are my reasons.
-Feminism makes women look like victims with their 'safe spaces.' I am not weak. I don't need to talk to other people of my gender about how sucky my life is, because I love my life.
-I have gotten stopped and catcalled before. I don't hate men. I love my so and I love guys.
-I used to be friends with a feminist. She once was talking about one of my good friends, who is a republican like me. He had been saying the pro-choice argument is flawed and was not yelling at her, yet she got 'triggered' and offended. Approaching me, I explained why I couldn't agree with her about feminism.
Next day, she joined with my friend and every class period I had with her friends, they would make fun of me. I'm not hurt at all :p but they were rude and attempted to embarrass me, by doing project about how dumb republicans are, then resorting to texting me and trying to put me down. Females are mean, cruel, rude, and terrible people TOO. Yet most of my feminist friends say men are the only problem.
-I don't agree with feminism because it is pro-choice, pro LBGT, and does not give correct statistics. Very recently someone attempted to tell me that women earn .50 to a man's 1 dollar. No, feminists need to first find correct and relevant data, because they are arguing with 72 cents, 60 cents, and I've also heard 78 cents.
-I'm PERFECTLY fine the way I am. I am not homophobic, I simply don't accept LGBT for their sin, but I love them as people. If feminism really isn't violent, why have I recently gotten threats and messages saying I'm a disgusting human for not accepting who they accept, and for not agreeing with their opinions?
-As for sexism. I don't think women necessarily belong in the kitchen, but we were made by God to care for children, because we literally are the ones who make them :)
Feminism has gone way too far. We need the same rights as men, but we don't need special treatment.

I agree with everything you said in this post! Feminism NEEDS to die and be replaced with egalitarianism which is WAY better because egalitarianism promotes equality for EVERYONE and doesn't give some shitty women special treatment just because of their gender!
YES! Thank you. I think egalitarianism should really replace feminism. I've actually gotten in arguments (didn't even provoke) when the person stated feminism is better because it helps women... @_@
Mr.Wonderful
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 2:45:17 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/2/2016 3:22:29 PM, Janerover wrote:
I don't call myself a 'feminist.' And I don't think I am a 'man hater.' But there are many issues where there is a disparity between men and women. Eg. wages. Women earn e.g. 80c to $1 earned by males. This is even with the SAME qualifications. How does it happen still???

Easy, women work less than men do in a capacity which generates money... not exactly hard to figure out (maternity leave, raising children, part-time employment, etc.). Statistically, women work 20% less than men work and hence are paid equally for the work that they do. Women are also far more likely to accept low-paying jobs than men because often times someone else is paying or assisting with the bills. Since women account for 73% of the overall spending you are correct... this is unfair. Men make more and spend less... and spend a lot on women which is a dumb thing to spend money on because you are essentially wasting it.


Look at domestic violence figures. It's mostly men against women. With physical, mental, emotional and financial abuse. (BTW I'm not saying that all men do this, but it is an e.g.).

Actually its not the case at all. In fact women are slightly more likely to batter men due to social stigma and the fact they can get away with it than men are to batter women. Women are also for more likely to receive assistance from the government than men are. http://www.batteredmen.com...
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2016 7:36:52 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/9/2016 2:45:17 PM, Mr.Wonderful wrote:
At 7/2/2016 3:22:29 PM, Janerover wrote:
I don't call myself a 'feminist.' And I don't think I am a 'man hater.' But there are many issues where there is a disparity between men and women. Eg. wages. Women earn e.g. 80c to $1 earned by males. This is even with the SAME qualifications. How does it happen still???

Easy, women work less than men do in a capacity which generates money... not exactly hard to figure out (maternity leave, raising children, part-time employment, etc.). Statistically, women work 20% less than men work and hence are paid equally for the work that they do. Women are also far more likely to accept low-paying jobs than men because often times someone else is paying or assisting with the bills. Since women account for 73% of the overall spending you are correct... this is unfair. Men make more and spend less... and spend a lot on women which is a dumb thing to spend money on because you are essentially wasting it.

Those factors you suggested are a part of the problem, especially maternity leave. Women are at a disadvantage because employers typically don't like to hire young women because they may be leaving for maternity for multiple months. I think introducing paid paternity leave along with maternity leave will help to reduce the earnings gap.

And lol at that last part. You have a good argument and then you just drop that little sexist comment in there. You are part of the reason that men are judged as sexists, bro.

Look at domestic violence figures. It's mostly men against women. With physical, mental, emotional and financial abuse. (BTW I'm not saying that all men do this, but it is an e.g.).

Actually its not the case at all. In fact women are slightly more likely to batter men due to social stigma and the fact they can get away with it than men are to batter women. Women are also for more likely to receive assistance from the government than men are. http://www.batteredmen.com...

Men are also way more likely to commit violent crime, especially rape. Look at this. Men commit almost 90% of rape. Embezzlement and prostitution are the only crimes commit more by women than men.
https://www.fbi.gov...

Not to say that men are violent or anything, but this is a big part of why the feminist movement exists.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
Mr.Wonderful
Posts: 98
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2016 12:45:53 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/9/2016 7:36:52 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 7/9/2016 2:45:17 PM, Mr.Wonderful wrote:
At 7/2/2016 3:22:29 PM, Janerover wrote:
I don't call myself a 'feminist.' And I don't think I am a 'man hater.' But there are many issues where there is a disparity between men and women. Eg. wages. Women earn e.g. 80c to $1 earned by males. This is even with the SAME qualifications. How does it happen still???

Easy, women work less than men do in a capacity which generates money... not exactly hard to figure out (maternity leave, raising children, part-time employment, etc.). Statistically, women work 20% less than men work and hence are paid equally for the work that they do. Women are also far more likely to accept low-paying jobs than men because often times someone else is paying or assisting with the bills. Since women account for 73% of the overall spending you are correct... this is unfair. Men make more and spend less... and spend a lot on women which is a dumb thing to spend money on because you are essentially wasting it.

Those factors you suggested are a part of the problem, especially maternity leave. Women are at a disadvantage because employers typically don't like to hire young women because they may be leaving for maternity for multiple months. I think introducing paid paternity leave along with maternity leave will help to reduce the earnings gap.

And lol at that last part. You have a good argument and then you just drop that little sexist comment in there. You are part of the reason that men are judged as sexists, bro.

I think spending money on women is a dumb thing to do... so I don't do it. Plenty of guys do. How are women equal when they are forced to rely on guys to spend money on them? If anything spending money men spending money on women only weakens their claim of true gender equality. As for maternity leave... that was born out of the feminist movement as well... do you think companies really wanted to give people time off to take care of babies in the first place. It's a classic example of feminists shooting themselves in the foot and companies can hire whoever they want. I'd be interested to know how many female employers feel that way about hiring young women. I've never heard of someone being forced to take maternity leave (of course it is logical to do this but it really screws the low pay argument). I really don't care if I'm viewed as sexist by the way... feminism is a joke to me.. a bunch of whiny hambeasts angry that men don't want to sleep with them cause they look like a water buffalo.


Look at domestic violence figures. It's mostly men against women. With physical, mental, emotional and financial abuse. (BTW I'm not saying that all men do this, but it is an e.g.).

Actually its not the case at all. In fact women are slightly more likely to batter men due to social stigma and the fact they can get away with it than men are to batter women. Women are also for more likely to receive assistance from the government than men are. http://www.batteredmen.com...

Men are also way more likely to commit violent crime, especially rape. Look at this. Men commit almost 90% of rape. Embezzlement and prostitution are the only crimes commit more by women than men.
https://www.fbi.gov...

Not to say that men are violent or anything, but this is a big part of why the feminist movement exists.

Technically, I really don't even understand how women can even commit 10% of rape, unless they are raping a kid or senior citizen... so that's a dumb argument. According to those same statistics 0.03% of women are actually raped (obviously this excludes the number who lie about being raped for the sake of attention whoring since false claims don't normally result in conviction). Men also are very unlikely to report rape and very unlikely to admit to it due to the social stigma associated with being dominated by another human being... plus there's no money in it for men.

Thankfully the feminist version of rape (staring at someone cross-eyed) and the legal definition of rape (forced sexual assault) are two very different things. Men are more likely to commit violent crime since generally speaking they are more physically capable of successfully injuring someone... there's a few female exceptions and usually their violence is directed at other weaker women and sometimes children... often times their own as well as the fact that such instances of female violence are often intentionally misclassified as "mental illness" instead of assault (which is the normal classification if a man commits the same act).
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2016 2:55:41 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/10/2016 12:45:53 AM, Mr.Wonderful wrote:
At 7/9/2016 7:36:52 PM, bhakun wrote:
At 7/9/2016 2:45:17 PM, Mr.Wonderful wrote:
At 7/2/2016 3:22:29 PM, Janerover wrote:
I don't call myself a 'feminist.' And I don't think I am a 'man hater.' But there are many issues where there is a disparity between men and women. Eg. wages. Women earn e.g. 80c to $1 earned by males. This is even with the SAME qualifications. How does it happen still???

Easy, women work less than men do in a capacity which generates money... not exactly hard to figure out (maternity leave, raising children, part-time employment, etc.). Statistically, women work 20% less than men work and hence are paid equally for the work that they do. Women are also far more likely to accept low-paying jobs than men because often times someone else is paying or assisting with the bills. Since women account for 73% of the overall spending you are correct... this is unfair. Men make more and spend less... and spend a lot on women which is a dumb thing to spend money on because you are essentially wasting it.

Those factors you suggested are a part of the problem, especially maternity leave. Women are at a disadvantage because employers typically don't like to hire young women because they may be leaving for maternity for multiple months. I think introducing paid paternity leave along with maternity leave will help to reduce the earnings gap.

And lol at that last part. You have a good argument and then you just drop that little sexist comment in there. You are part of the reason that men are judged as sexists, bro.

I think spending money on women is a dumb thing to do... so I don't do it. Plenty of guys do. How are women equal when they are forced to rely on guys to spend money on them? If anything spending money men spending money on women only weakens their claim of true gender equality. As for maternity leave... that was born out of the feminist movement as well... do you think companies really wanted to give people time off to take care of babies in the first place. It's a classic example of feminists shooting themselves in the foot and companies can hire whoever they want. I'd be interested to know how many female employers feel that way about hiring young women. I've never heard of someone being forced to take maternity leave (of course it is logical to do this but it really screws the low pay argument). I really don't care if I'm viewed as sexist by the way... feminism is a joke to me.. a bunch of whiny hambeasts angry that men don't want to sleep with them cause they look like a water buffalo.


Look at domestic violence figures. It's mostly men against women. With physical, mental, emotional and financial abuse. (BTW I'm not saying that all men do this, but it is an e.g.).

Actually its not the case at all. In fact women are slightly more likely to batter men due to social stigma and the fact they can get away with it than men are to batter women. Women are also for more likely to receive assistance from the government than men are. http://www.batteredmen.com...

Men are also way more likely to commit violent crime, especially rape. Look at this. Men commit almost 90% of rape. Embezzlement and prostitution are the only crimes commit more by women than men.
https://www.fbi.gov...

Not to say that men are violent or anything, but this is a big part of why the feminist movement exists.

Technically, I really don't even understand how women can even commit 10% of rape, unless they are raping a kid or senior citizen... so that's a dumb argument. According to those same statistics 0.03% of women are actually raped (obviously this excludes the number who lie about being raped for the sake of attention whoring since false claims don't normally result in conviction). Men also are very unlikely to report rape and very unlikely to admit to it due to the social stigma associated with being dominated by another human being... plus there's no money in it for men.

Thankfully the feminist version of rape (staring at someone cross-eyed) and the legal definition of rape (forced sexual assault) are two very different things. Men are more likely to commit violent crime since generally speaking they are more physically capable of successfully injuring someone... there's a few female exceptions and usually their violence is directed at other weaker women and sometimes children... often times their own as well as the fact that such instances of female violence are often intentionally misclassified as "mental illness" instead of assault (which is the normal classification if a man commits the same act).

Are you a sexist or do you actually want men to be treated on the same equal pedestal as women?

You keep saying stupid sexist things such as "men pay for women" and "generally speaking men are more physically capable of successfully injuring someone."

Please just shut up already! I hate it when people like you make ignorant sexist comments. I wish I could just live in a peaceful utopia with no discrimination and stupidity!