YouTube #ProudToBe

PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 7:08:20 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
https://www.youtube.com...

Apparently, YouTube spotlight has decided to do a "spotlight" on commemerating LGBTQ community. " Now, more than ever, it"s important that we help accept, love, and celebrate one another. In the wake of the tragic events in Orlando, we stand together in support of the LGBTQ community. We stand together with everyone who has the courage to own and share their identity. We stand together to show the power of solidarity, the power of love, the power of pride. To those beautiful and brave voices who continue to make YouTube the vibrant, diverse and empathetic community it is, we are #ProudToBe with you."

However, this is a topic to be discussed? Why? Well, apparently YouTube has been deleting comments being posted to the video (https://nebulous.cloud...). Now, we all know YouTube likes to go deletion crazy, but usually that's from greedy corporations and fair use (which I made a thread about a while ago). But this time is it just from PC?

We have comments like "Mark Dice5 minutes ago
The thought police are deleting top comments like crazy that don't conform with this insanity. My gender identity is Pizza!!! Stop discriminating against me by deleting my comments!!!!A279;"

"marc enke6 minutes ago (edited)
I am proud to be german! #ProudToBe #STOP #THE #CENSORING #StillStraightPride #germanlivesmatter #ProudToBeMentallyStable #stopincest #refugeesgtfoA279;"

"Art Faucet7 minutes ago
youtube mafia still deleting comments that don't support gay'sA279;"

"Ghost7 minutes ago
I'm Pedosexual YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT WHO I AM!!!!!!
#ProudtobeA279;"

"A E S T H E T I C6 minutes ago
If I had a chromosome for every gender there was I'd buy into this.A279;"

"musefan1176 minutes ago
When is Orlando warfare 2 coming out? I heard it's more killing of gays lolA279;"

*I don't know how long these will be up there for*

Some comments are positive, but there is a large majority of dislikes and people complaining. Now, I'm technically part of the "LGBT community", but to add my two cents I do agree that the "+" can be taken too far. However, YouTube deleting disagreeing comments? That's a bit absurd. If they didn't want to deal with this issue, then they shouldn't be taking a side in a "spotlight". Of course, the anti-PC people can be complete asses on the Internet and YouTube is probably trying to censor the comments to prevent people's feelings from being hurt or something.

So, what do you anti-PC people think? What do you PC people think? Is it okay for YouTube to have this spotlight? Is it okay for them to be deleting comments? Discuss.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
UtherPenguin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 8:21:39 PM
At 6/21/2016 7:08:20 PM, PetersSmith wrote:
So, what do you anti-PC people think? What do you PC people think? Is it okay for YouTube to have this spotlight? Is it okay for them to be deleting comments? Discuss.

Not the biggest fan of overt political correctness. but I'll be honest, all these
"anti PC" bunch tend to be some of the most toxic people on the internet (even worse than Anti-theists!). You don't have to be a condescending @sshole to be able to "speak your mind"

Seriously, do they not see the irony that they're being victim to the same type of groupthink as the people they're condemning?
"Change your sig."
~YYW
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 8:29:41 PM
At 6/21/2016 8:21:39 PM, UtherPenguin wrote:

Not the biggest fan of overt political correctness. but I'll be honest, all these
"anti PC" bunch tend to be some of the most toxic people on the internet (even worse than Anti-theists!). You don't have to be a condescending @sshole to be able to "speak your mind"

Seriously, do they not see the irony that they're being victim to the same type of groupthink as the people they're condemning?

Yeah, they do have a tendency to take things a bit too far...
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
JurassinJohn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 8:09:57 AM
I think youtube has every right to have this spotlight and people who are lgbt or even some random tumblr gender should have the right to be proud of them selves but when you go around deleting the comments of some of these people that encroaches on freedom of speech. The youtubers could just as easily disable the comments if they wanted to, there's no need for youtube to go around silencing peoples post just because their harmless bigots or trolls.
Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 2:24:26 PM

Apparently, YouTube spotlight has decided to do a "spotlight" on commemerating LGBTQ community. " Now, more than ever, it"s important that we help accept, love, and celebrate one another. In the wake of the tragic events in Orlando, we stand together in support of the LGBTQ community. We stand together with everyone who has the courage to own and share their identity. We stand together to show the power of solidarity, the power of love, the power of pride. To those beautiful and brave voices who continue to make YouTube the vibrant, diverse and empathetic community it is, we are #ProudToBe with you."

However, this is a topic to be discussed? Why? Well, apparently YouTube has been deleting comments being posted to the video (https://nebulous.cloud...). Now, we all know YouTube likes to go deletion crazy, but usually that's from greedy corporations and fair use (which I made a thread about a while ago). But this time is it just from PC?

The thought police are deleting top comments like crazy that don't conform with this insanity. My gender identity is Pizza!!! Stop discriminating against me by deleting my comments!!!!A279;"

I am proud to be german! #ProudToBe #STOP #THE #CENSORING #StillStraightPride #germanlivesmatter #ProudToBeMentallyStable #stopincest #refugeesgtfoA279;"

"Art Faucet7 minutes ago

"Ghost7 minutes ago
#ProudtobeA279;"

"musefan1176 minutes ago
When is Orlando warfare 2 coming out? I heard it's more killing of gays lolA279;"

Some comments are positive, but there is a large majority of dislikes and people complaining. Now, I'm technically part of the "LGBT community", but to add my two cents I do agree that the "+" can be taken too far. However, YouTube deleting disagreeing comments? That's a bit absurd. If they didn't want to deal with this issue, then they shouldn't be taking a side in a "spotlight". Of course, the anti-PC people can be complete asses on the Internet and YouTube is probably trying to censor the comments to prevent people's feelings from being hurt or something.

I think it's great; my opposition is completely hysterical and hamfisted, and they're showing their hand to such a degree that it will just push more people to my side. PC is self-defeating, because echo chambers cause a lack of subtlety and long-term strategy, and the resulting hysteria is so stark than anyone who isn't in the echo chamber is instantly repulsed when it reveals itself. Liberalism used to be careful and methodical in its advocacy, and made a lot of headway. They've lost that tact and sense of patience, and they're quickly losing ground because of it, to the point where they openly support this sort of inelegant Orwellian suppression.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:24:23 PM

"Art Faucet7 minutes ago

"Ghost7 minutes ago
#ProudtobeA279;"

"musefan1176 minutes ago

I think most of the comments were uncalled for before the whole comment disabling thing. I personally wasn't a huge fan of the whole #proudtobe thing, mostly because they included stuff like "agender" and all that made up stuff. Another thing is, I personally don't care who anyone else has sex with. You have same-sex sex? Good for you, I don't need to know about it. I don't boast and brag about who I have sex with. I don't have anything against the basic LGBT community, but this whole pride stuff is too much. I'm sorry if I'll sound like those people who are like "don't shove it in my face", but truly, they don't have to shove it in anyone's face. Have sex with whoever you have sex with, no need to talk about it.
Hopefully I didn't come of as disrespectful or anything like that.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2016 7:42:59 PM
That Proud to be video was ludicrous and showcased the most degenerate form of human possible.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
TheWorldIsComplicated
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 2:08:35 PM
At 6/23/2016 7:42:59 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
That Proud to be video was ludicrous and showcased the most degenerate form of human possible.

You mean the haters in the comment section? :)
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 4:38:59 PM
That video was absolute degeneracy. I normally have no issue with people who are homosexual or whatever, but these morons are identifying as genders that don't f*cking exist. This has just gone too far.