Jump to topic:

You put your life at risk a lot

TheWorldIsComplicated
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2016 10:24:00 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Isn't it interesting how often we put our lives in the hands of other people? Think about it, paying a Taxi driver to drive you to a hotel. The driver could get in an accident and kill you. When you go on an airplane, the pilot could drive the plane into the ground killing you or unintentionally hitting a mountain. Every time you get food, you trust that they haven't contaminated your food. You could be killed walking across the street, trusting the drivers that they will stop at the red light.

We really do depend on each other to live our life's. We depend on each other for our own satisfaction and happiness. Most of us don't want to harm one another, but we don't generally realize how often they could harm us.
OlaNordmann
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2016 5:22:12 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/21/2016 10:24:00 PM, TheWorldIsComplicated wrote:
Isn't it interesting how often we put our lives in the hands of other people? Think about it, paying a Taxi driver to drive you to a hotel. The driver could get in an accident and kill you. When you go on an airplane, the pilot could drive the plane into the ground killing you or unintentionally hitting a mountain. Every time you get food, you trust that they haven't contaminated your food. You could be killed walking across the street, trusting the drivers that they will stop at the red light.

We really do depend on each other to live our life's. We depend on each other for our own satisfaction and happiness. Most of us don't want to harm one another, but we don't generally realize how often they could harm us.

I don't think about it very often. In my life experience in all of the above examples, I've been conditioned to think that they're handled by competent people, because so far everything has turned out fine. We really don't have a choice to not rely on strangers without rejecting society entirely. The big question is how do we feel when technology advance and surpasses the reliability of man.