Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

If Everything Was Free

Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

More chaotic. This is impossible.


It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.


Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

Then it's no longer free if you have to trade stuff.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,934
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 7:32:51 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would definitely be more chaotic. How on Earth could anybody think it would be safer?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

No there is only a finite amount of land space meaning that not everybody would have homes and builders wouldn't be obliged to build more homes because there is no need to since they won't get money and even if they did it would be pointless since everything is free. Therefore there would still be homeless people.

Then you've got the issue of food. There is only a finite amount of food and if nobody is being paid then there's no need for anybody to organize and spend there time organizing trade and exportation in the actual actions, organization and in contracts. Therefore, it's likely that we wouldn't receive much from other countries. Furthermore, people would fight for food and nobody would bother to set up shops or give away food so everybody would, in essence, have to farm and harvest there own food.

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

Or alternatively, instead of wasting their resources on trading they could just go and get all this stuff for free.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
Rukado
Posts: 527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 8:11:29 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
When humans are no longer needed for production, automation will make almost everything free in the next 50 years.

Look at negrohoods where everything is free to see what happens when everything is free, the young people run around causing trouble out of boredom. The adults can't be bothered to to put down the drugs and turn off the TV, except to procreate.

Conversely, look at wealthy whiteys who have so much wealth that everything is effectively free. They cultivate style and use their freedom for social activities.
BrandonHyde
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2016 8:12:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?
lol
It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!
lol
Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.
lol
triangle.128k
Posts: 3,630
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2016 3:28:25 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

You know nothing about economics.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 9:59:04 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

If everything was free, we would have "The Tragedy of the Commons"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
BrendanD19
Posts: 2,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 10:16:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

Most certainly more chaotic and we would exhaust our resources in roughly two days. On the other hand, maybe then I could get a bloody laptop!!!!!
Sorry, just a little bitter
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 10:18:22 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 10:16:09 PM, BrendanD19 wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

Most certainly more chaotic and we would exhaust our resources in roughly two days. On the other hand, maybe then I could get a bloody laptop!!!!!
Sorry, just a little bitter

I know how you feel. It's like everything is so expensive these days!

I agree with everyone that if everything was free, that could lead to chaos and scarcity of resources.
foxxhajti
Posts: 479
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2016 11:57:43 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
Technically, buying stuff is like trading, just for cash.
If everything was free, nobody would even bother working.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 1:52:13 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/28/2016 11:57:43 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
Technically, buying stuff is like trading, just for cash.
If everything was free, nobody would even bother working.

Karl Marx forgot this
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
imperialchimp
Posts: 229
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 5:48:27 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

A place where everything is free is called the wilderness. Just take what you want...
Ape Lives Matter (ALM)

What if I were to tell you that humans have false logic? Prepare for confusion.

-.-- --- ..- / ... .... --- ..- .-.. -.. / .... .- ...- . / -. --- - / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . -.. / - .... .. ... .-.-.- .-.-.- .-.-.-
Foodiesoul
Posts: 579
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2016 6:00:07 AM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/29/2016 5:48:27 AM, imperialchimp wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

A place where everything is free is called the wilderness. Just take what you want...

LOL! Good one! I doubt the wild animals would allow you to just take whatever you want, unless you signed some sort of peace treaty with them! XD
Jry2001
Posts: 45
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2016 7:48:06 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
If everything were free, what would motivate people to create goods? Right now, people create goods to trade for money, which they could use to buy goods they need. If people could just get anything they wanted for free, what incentive would there be for someone to manufacture anything or provide any service?
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Skepsikyma
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:08:54 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

The problems with this are seen in Africa through the myriad problems caused by aid money. In a normal society, people have a vested interest in ensuring that their governments are competent and fair because those governments are responsible for overseeing the production and distribution of certain social goods, so the government is regulated by the governed. Where the flow of such goods are guaranteed, not only does that sense of vigilance fade, but productive apparatuses atrophy due to disuse and society becomes entirely beholden to a corrupt upper stratus.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:10:05 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.

If everything was free , I would want everything you have.
Gang warfare, then a king , then he would start making money. Wich I think would start to make us civilized .
Romanii
Posts: 4,851
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 4:48:31 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
If everything was free, the "everything" would cease to exist. Without the ability to charge prices, there would no longer be any incentive for producers to produce stuff, so as soon as the current supply of food & other necessities runs out, we would all die painful deaths (except for the few of us who are capable of being totally self-sufficient and producing our own necessities).
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.

So what you're saying is we need to place a monetary value on goods and services so people have to work to afford these things, otherwise these things would not exists. People would become too lazy because they already have what they need for free. But wait. Hold up hot shot. I never went to school so I'm not as smart as you. Either I'm really stupid, it you skipped over something major. If everything is free, and now everybody is too lazy to get out of bed, how did all the free stuff get made in the first place?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:14:42 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.

So what you're saying is we need to place a monetary value on goods and services so people have to work to afford these things, otherwise these things would not exists. People would become too lazy because they already have what they need for free. But wait. Hold up hot shot. I never went to school so I'm not as smart as you. Either I'm really stupid, it you skipped over something major. If everything is free, and now everybody is too lazy to get out of bed, how did all the free stuff get made in the first place?

Goods are already made. Goods already exist and they are still in supply. That means that these already produced goods will simply have their prices reduced to null. Those goods will be "sold" but there will be no more goods produced. So yes, goods will stop being produced once they are all free, but the ones that are already produced and on the market will simply be sold at that completely devoid price.

I can tell you never went to school considering that's the exact same argument I am making!!!!!!
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
lord_megatron
Posts: 75
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:24:59 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
I wish there was a society that supported each other for free and wasn't led astray by personal ambitions. Everyone sharing their resources equally, and no divides between the rich and the poor. Many poor countries have their GDP per capita at 1000 or higher USD. If that was equally shared among the population, they won't remain poor anymore. Money would be needed as not everyone would accept this change.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 5:34:24 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:14:42 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.

So what you're saying is we need to place a monetary value on goods and services so people have to work to afford these things, otherwise these things would not exists. People would become too lazy because they already have what they need for free. But wait. Hold up hot shot. I never went to school so I'm not as smart as you. Either I'm really stupid, it you skipped over something major. If everything is free, and now everybody is too lazy to get out of bed, how did all the free stuff get made in the first place?

Goods are already made. Goods already exist and they are still in supply. That means that these already produced goods will simply have their prices reduced to null. Those goods will be "sold" but there will be no more goods produced. So yes, goods will stop being produced once they are all free, but the ones that are already produced and on the market will simply be sold at that completely devoid price.

I can tell you never went to school considering that's the exact same argument I am making!!!!!!

Maybe that's why I'm confused. I wasn't aware of the argument being made. But thanks to your dramatic use if the exclamation mark, all your assumptions are starting to sink in. You're picturing a scenario where today is today, and tomorrow all price tags vanish. Well that simply won't work. In order for my utopia to exist, my vision of a world working without a leash led invisibly with greed, I'm going to first have to reduce your brainwashed ambitions and ideology, and I'll crumble them to pieces to kindle the fire to new beginnings. We're going to start over. We're going to build Heaven on Earth from scratch. You will not want to sit idle to waste the days melting inside your mind, because all the dreaming has already been done.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 7:46:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 5:34:24 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:14:42 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.

So what you're saying is we need to place a monetary value on goods and services so people have to work to afford these things, otherwise these things would not exists. People would become too lazy because they already have what they need for free. But wait. Hold up hot shot. I never went to school so I'm not as smart as you. Either I'm really stupid, it you skipped over something major. If everything is free, and now everybody is too lazy to get out of bed, how did all the free stuff get made in the first place?

Goods are already made. Goods already exist and they are still in supply. That means that these already produced goods will simply have their prices reduced to null. Those goods will be "sold" but there will be no more goods produced. So yes, goods will stop being produced once they are all free, but the ones that are already produced and on the market will simply be sold at that completely devoid price.

I can tell you never went to school considering that's the exact same argument I am making!!!!!!

Maybe that's why I'm confused. I wasn't aware of the argument being made. But thanks to your dramatic use if the exclamation mark, all your assumptions are starting to sink in. You're picturing a scenario where today is today, and tomorrow all price tags vanish. Well that simply won't work. In order for my utopia to exist, my vision of a world working without a leash led invisibly with greed, I'm going to first have to reduce your brainwashed ambitions and ideology, and I'll crumble them to pieces to kindle the fire to new beginnings. We're going to start over. We're going to build Heaven on Earth from scratch. You will not want to sit idle to waste the days melting inside your mind, because all the dreaming has already been done.

What the hell are you even talking about? Don't get all infowars on me.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:06:37 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 7:46:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:34:24 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:14:42 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.

So what you're saying is we need to place a monetary value on goods and services so people have to work to afford these things, otherwise these things would not exists. People would become too lazy because they already have what they need for free. But wait. Hold up hot shot. I never went to school so I'm not as smart as you. Either I'm really stupid, it you skipped over something major. If everything is free, and now everybody is too lazy to get out of bed, how did all the free stuff get made in the first place?

Goods are already made. Goods already exist and they are still in supply. That means that these already produced goods will simply have their prices reduced to null. Those goods will be "sold" but there will be no more goods produced. So yes, goods will stop being produced once they are all free, but the ones that are already produced and on the market will simply be sold at that completely devoid price.

I can tell you never went to school considering that's the exact same argument I am making!!!!!!

Maybe that's why I'm confused. I wasn't aware of the argument being made. But thanks to your dramatic use if the exclamation mark, all your assumptions are starting to sink in. You're picturing a scenario where today is today, and tomorrow all price tags vanish. Well that simply won't work. In order for my utopia to exist, my vision of a world working without a leash led invisibly with greed, I'm going to first have to reduce your brainwashed ambitions and ideology, and I'll crumble them to pieces to kindle the fire to new beginnings. We're going to start over. We're going to build Heaven on Earth from scratch. You will not want to sit idle to waste the days melting inside your mind, because all the dreaming has already been done.

What the hell are you even talking about? Don't get all infowars on me.

Stay with me NOW. Try to keep up. You're the educated guy. I'm just the dummy. Thanks for trying to teach me something.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 8:08:30 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:06:37 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 7:46:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:34:24 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:14:42 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.

So what you're saying is we need to place a monetary value on goods and services so people have to work to afford these things, otherwise these things would not exists. People would become too lazy because they already have what they need for free. But wait. Hold up hot shot. I never went to school so I'm not as smart as you. Either I'm really stupid, it you skipped over something major. If everything is free, and now everybody is too lazy to get out of bed, how did all the free stuff get made in the first place?

Goods are already made. Goods already exist and they are still in supply. That means that these already produced goods will simply have their prices reduced to null. Those goods will be "sold" but there will be no more goods produced. So yes, goods will stop being produced once they are all free, but the ones that are already produced and on the market will simply be sold at that completely devoid price.

I can tell you never went to school considering that's the exact same argument I am making!!!!!!

Maybe that's why I'm confused. I wasn't aware of the argument being made. But thanks to your dramatic use if the exclamation mark, all your assumptions are starting to sink in. You're picturing a scenario where today is today, and tomorrow all price tags vanish. Well that simply won't work. In order for my utopia to exist, my vision of a world working without a leash led invisibly with greed, I'm going to first have to reduce your brainwashed ambitions and ideology, and I'll crumble them to pieces to kindle the fire to new beginnings. We're going to start over. We're going to build Heaven on Earth from scratch. You will not want to sit idle to waste the days melting inside your mind, because all the dreaming has already been done.

What the hell are you even talking about? Don't get all infowars on me.

Stay with me NOW. Try to keep up. You're the educated guy. I'm just the dummy. Thanks for trying to teach me something.

It's not that your poorly written argument is difficult to understand, rather that your argument makes absolutely no sense.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
MasonicSlayer
Posts: 2,281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/1/2016 9:14:15 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 7/1/2016 8:08:30 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 8:06:37 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 7:46:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:34:24 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:14:42 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 5:08:09 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:55:50 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 7/1/2016 3:46:38 PM, MasonicSlayer wrote:
At 6/25/2016 7:26:37 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:

Yes, we wouldn't have to worry about finances, meaning no one would have to get a college education, meaning no one would be educated any longer. No more doctors, no more bankers, no more businessmen.

So you're suggesting that if education were free, nobody would go to school? I would think just the opposite. The world has been brainwashed by the false value of money. It's the "clothes makes the man" mentality. You see a starched collar walking hurriedly in an Armani suit, and here you'd think is a man stepping with importance and purpose, where I see nothing but marching vanity enslaved to itself within a system of dictations coming not from itself, but from a machine of psychotic greed.

Money is a form of control. Money keeps freedom invisibly moored to a dock that never existed. Society never needed a monetary system to flourish. To think a doctor deserves more wealth than a farmer is insanity. A doctor needs to eat, and a farmer will someday need medical services. Find your best place in society, and let everything be accessed as needed.

No, that's not what I was suggesting, so don't go on tangents when you misunderstand my statement.

In societies where all goods are completely free, there is no longer any need to get an education, as the vast majority of people that get educations do so under the guise that they will be able to make a lot more money than they would without it. Therefore, if money is no longer an issue, they will no longer need to get an education, and we've seen this replicated in various societies.

So what you're saying is we need to place a monetary value on goods and services so people have to work to afford these things, otherwise these things would not exists. People would become too lazy because they already have what they need for free. But wait. Hold up hot shot. I never went to school so I'm not as smart as you. Either I'm really stupid, it you skipped over something major. If everything is free, and now everybody is too lazy to get out of bed, how did all the free stuff get made in the first place?

Goods are already made. Goods already exist and they are still in supply. That means that these already produced goods will simply have their prices reduced to null. Those goods will be "sold" but there will be no more goods produced. So yes, goods will stop being produced once they are all free, but the ones that are already produced and on the market will simply be sold at that completely devoid price.

I can tell you never went to school considering that's the exact same argument I am making!!!!!!

Maybe that's why I'm confused. I wasn't aware of the argument being made. But thanks to your dramatic use if the exclamation mark, all your assumptions are starting to sink in. You're picturing a scenario where today is today, and tomorrow all price tags vanish. Well that simply won't work. In order for my utopia to exist, my vision of a world working without a leash led invisibly with greed, I'm going to first have to reduce your brainwashed ambitions and ideology, and I'll crumble them to pieces to kindle the fire to new beginnings. We're going to start over. We're going to build Heaven on Earth from scratch. You will not want to sit idle to waste the days melting inside your mind, because all the dreaming has already been done.

What the hell are you even talking about? Don't get all infowars on me.

Stay with me NOW. Try to keep up. You're the educated guy. I'm just the dummy. Thanks for trying to teach me something.

It's not that your poorly written argument is difficult to understand, rather that your argument makes absolutely no sense.

Well what matters is I understand you. Each conversation was based on a misunderstanding. It was only towards the end that I came to realize that you are trying to fathom an existence of all things free like it would happen tomorrow. And I agree with you that it cannot work. The price of commodities can not turn to fairy dust overnight. It cannot happen over a year or a decade or any amount of time. The light bulb in your head cannot be turned on until it first gets turned off. So maybe it's time to paint it black. Mad Max, cool movie.
Fernyx
Posts: 306
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2016 3:33:08 PM
Posted: 5 months ago
At 6/25/2016 7:05:21 PM, Foodiesoul wrote:
What do you think life would be like if everything was free? Do you think this would make the world safer or even more chaotic?

It would be nice if everything was free because then, people wouldn't have to worry about saving or finances and they could buy whatever they want without having to worry about the price. Also, if everything was free, there would be no homeless people!

Bartering would be nice too because you could trade stuff you no longer need for stuff that you want, kind of like a garage sale.
There would be a lot less motivation, we probably wouldn't have cars, lights, etc if it weren't for people trying to make something to sell. The problem with everything being free s that a very select few would actually do something productive, most would just do hobbies.