Total Posts:68|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Slut: being one/being called one

rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:05:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What does slut mean: a woman who sleeps around. I for one don't see anything wrong with that as long as she is being safe and not hurting anyone including herself. So in my opinion, the concept isn't shameful or bad at all. I feel like the word slut shouldn't be used to downgrade women since there is nothing wrong with being one. I also think that people shouldn't look down on sluts if they are being safe in every way. Thoughts?
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:08:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:05:18 AM, rogue wrote:
What does slut mean: a woman who sleeps around. I for one don't see anything wrong with that as long as she is being safe and not hurting anyone including herself. So in my opinion, the concept isn't shameful or bad at all. I feel like the word slut shouldn't be used to downgrade women since there is nothing wrong with being one. I also think that people shouldn't look down on sluts if they are being safe in every way. Thoughts?

I define a slut as a girl that has sex with multiple guys not because she enjoys sex but the acts raises her self esteem. Could also be called a whore too.But that is just my opinion.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:09:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
That your opinion is insignificant as words and the meaning of words are determined on a societal basis.

Sleeping around without having a relationships and establishing love will always be looked on upon because it is beneficial for society. Same thing goes with murder, rape, etc.

It's not beneficial because:

1. It's not safe
2. It gives a larger chance of contracting STDs
3. It devalues the meaning of sex
4. It is not a good environment to raise a child
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:10:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago

I define a slut as a girl that has sex with multiple guys not because she enjoys sex but the acts raises her self esteem. Could also be called a whore too.But that is just my opinion.

I don't think that slut implies that. Plus a whore has to be paid.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:14:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:10:30 AM, rogue wrote:

I define a slut as a girl that has sex with multiple guys not because she enjoys sex but the acts raises her self esteem. Could also be called a whore too.But that is just my opinion.

I don't think that slut implies that. Plus a whore has to be paid.

Maybe not, but I've known a few of them. They wanted to have sex because it was a status symbol. I have known several that actually enjoyed some serious sex. But that wasn't typical. Out of all my experiences a relationship always resulted in better sex. There are a few exceptions but very few.

I think a prostitute gets paid, but that is semantics.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:24:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:14:02 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:10:30 AM, rogue wrote:


Maybe not, but I've known a few of them. They wanted to have sex because it was a status symbol. I have known several that actually enjoyed some serious sex. But that wasn't typical. Out of all my experiences a relationship always resulted in better sex. There are a few exceptions but very few.

I think a prostitute gets paid, but that is semantics.

True, and I'm not advocating being a slut or saying slutty sex is better. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with it and girls shouldn't be looked down on for it.
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:27:18 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:09:29 AM, wamba wrote:
That your opinion is insignificant as words and the meaning of words are determined on a societal basis.

Sleeping around without having a relationships and establishing love will always be looked on upon because it is beneficial for society. Same thing goes with murder, rape, etc.

It's not beneficial because:

1. It's not safe
2. It gives a larger chance of contracting STDs
3. It devalues the meaning of sex
4. It is not a good environment to raise a child

I never said it is beneficial. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with it. Anyway, as for #1, it can be safe with the use of protection and that also goes for #2. As for #3, the meaningfulness or your sex should have nothing to do with what someone else does. It may devalue the meaning of the slut's sex, but that is for her to decide. As for # 4, who said anything about raising a child?
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:30:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:24:27 AM, rogue wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:14:02 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:10:30 AM, rogue wrote:


Maybe not, but I've known a few of them. They wanted to have sex because it was a status symbol. I have known several that actually enjoyed some serious sex. But that wasn't typical. Out of all my experiences a relationship always resulted in better sex. There are a few exceptions but very few.

I think a prostitute gets paid, but that is semantics.

True, and I'm not advocating being a slut or saying slutty sex is better. I'm just saying there's nothing wrong with it and girls shouldn't be looked down on for it.

Well she will definitely be looked down on for it. Not saying it is exactly that she has sex a lot. I think it has more to do with her self worth and they needs to have sex with random people to feel good about herself. That is just not healthy. Physically, mentally or spiritually. Some ignorant people look down on them for that, I was one of them. Not only that but they are used. I have a different outlook now. I feel more pity for them more then anything. Sex is not "cool" it is a very serious act that should only be enjoyed under certain circumstances.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:37:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
1. It's not safe
2. It gives a larger chance of contracting STDs
3. It devalues the meaning of sex
4. It is not a good environment to raise a child

I never said it is beneficial. I'm saying there is nothing wrong with it.

And I'm saying that because it's not beneficial, it should be looked down upon.

Anyway, as for #1, it can be safe with the use of protection and that also goes for #2.

Protip: Protection against pregnancy =/= protection from STDs.

Yes it reduces the risk during intercourse, however foreplay and oral sex usually occur without condoms.

As for #3, the meaningfulness or your sex should have nothing to do with what :someone else does. It may devalue the meaning of the slut's sex, but that is for :her to decide.

And the value of your neighbors home should have nothing to do with the value of your home, but if your neighbors home decreases in value, yours will as well. Valuation is a relative process in all things including sex. It isn't about a should vs. shouldn't argument but an argument founded in reality?

As for # 4, who said anything about raising a child?

The law of statistics in relation to condom effectiveness and birth control use.

Furthermore the actual data that exists in real life.

You either have a kid, get lucky and beat the odds multiple times, or destroy life that has immediate human potential.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:39:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:28:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I love sluts.

Most insecure guys do.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:40:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
A slut is someone who has sex, to one extent or another indiscriminately.

And no, a slut can't be a whore, at least at the same time. A whore discriminates based on cash in hand. To the extent one is a whore one is not a slut.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
bluesteel
Posts: 12,301
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 12:49:21 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Just reclaim the word, like black people did with the N word. If girls called each other slut all the time, and it was a positive thing (like "pimp" for guys) then the meaning would change.

So next time you greet a female friend say, "whatup sluuut"
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:02:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:49:21 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Just reclaim the word, like black people did with the N word. If girls called each other slut all the time, and it was a positive thing (like "pimp" for guys) then the meaning would change.

So next time you greet a female friend say, "whatup sluuut"

LOL. That will go over like a turd in the punch bowl.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:09:30 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:02:35 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:49:21 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Just reclaim the word, like black people did with the N word. If girls called each other slut all the time, and it was a positive thing (like "pimp" for guys) then the meaning would change.

So next time you greet a female friend say, "whatup sluuut"

LOL. That will go over like a turd in the punch bowl.

hey, ya never know when ya gonna take a wrong turn and end up at a scatophagy party.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:14:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:09:30 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:02:35 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:49:21 AM, bluesteel wrote:
Just reclaim the word, like black people did with the N word. If girls called each other slut all the time, and it was a positive thing (like "pimp" for guys) then the meaning would change.

So next time you greet a female friend say, "whatup sluuut"

LOL. That will go over like a turd in the punch bowl.

hey, ya never know when ya gonna take a wrong turn and end up at a scatophagy party.

Dude that is just......................... wrong in every way I can think of. Yeah, I had to look it up. That would be one messed up wrong turn.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:21:27 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:14:22 AM, jharry wrote:
Yeah, I had to look it up.
THAT was one wrong turn for someone of your sensibilities dude.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:28:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:21:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:14:22 AM, jharry wrote:
Yeah, I had to look it up.
THAT was one wrong turn for someone of your sensibilities dude.

Yeah. That is now burned in to the back of my skull. Thanks a lot.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:32:01 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:28:29 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:21:27 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:14:22 AM, jharry wrote:
Yeah, I had to look it up.
THAT was one wrong turn for someone of your sensibilities dude.

Yeah. That is now burned in to the back of my skull. Thanks a lot.

See, that is one more reason I don't want this place to go rated XXX with image embedding or even links. There are way too many ways that could have been much much worse. For me anyway.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:35:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago

And I'm saying that because it's not beneficial, it should be looked down upon.
That is crap. lot's of things you do aren't necessarily beneficial and they aren't looked down upon. Like video games, does it help society? no. Is it looked down upon? no.


Protip: Protection against pregnancy =/= protection from STDs.

Some things that protect against pregnancy protect against STDs. Like condoms for instance. The only way to not get an STD for sure is just to not have any type of sex but people won't do that.

Yes it reduces the risk during intercourse, however foreplay and oral sex usually occur without condoms.

Usually doesn't mean that you can't be safe and that people are never safe.


And the value of your neighbors home should have nothing to do with the value of your home, but if your neighbors home decreases in value, yours will as well. Valuation is a relative process in all things including sex. It isn't about a should vs. shouldn't argument but an argument founded in reality?

Are you kidding me? You're gonna compare the value of a house to the value of sex? They are not comparable. If you are really basing the meaningfulness of your sex off of someone else's behavior you are affected by others much too much.

The law of statistics in relation to condom effectiveness and birth control use.

Furthermore the actual data that exists in real life.

You either have a kid, get lucky and beat the odds multiple times, or destroy life that has immediate human potential.

Lots of people have lots of sex and no pregnancy because they are safe about it by using condoms and bc.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:41:14 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:35:26 AM, rogue wrote:

Protip: Protection against pregnancy =/= protection from STDs.

Some things that protect against pregnancy protect against STDs. Like condoms for instance. The only way to not get an STD for sure is just to not have any type of sex but people won't do that.

They break. A LOT. Don't ever trust em.

Yes it reduces the risk during intercourse, however foreplay and oral sex usually occur without condoms.

Usually doesn't mean that you can't be safe and that people are never safe.

In my experience it seldom works out that way. I wish I had a dollar for ever time I should have had a condom but didn't. And then said "screw it" "I'm doing it anyway".

A case of the clap sucks beyond anything I could have imagined. It aint worth it.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:43:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:39:58 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:28:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I love sluts.

Most insecure guys do.

Now why do you say that?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
wamba
Posts: 688
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:45:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:35:26 AM, rogue wrote:

And I'm saying that because it's not beneficial, it should be looked down upon.
That is crap. lot's of things you do aren't necessarily beneficial and they aren't looked down upon. Like video games, does it help society? no. Is it looked down upon? no.

Bad analogy

Playing a video game : Having Sex

Living in your parents basement playing WoW :: Being a Slut

Yes it reduces the risk during intercourse, however foreplay and oral sex usually occur without condoms.

Usually doesn't mean that you can't be safe and that people are never safe.

Fine, you can be safe if: You don't give oral sex to a woman or require the man to wear a condom before you give him head (yeah that will happen especially if your a slut)

Are you kidding me? You're gonna compare the value of a house to the value of sex? They are not comparable. If you are really basing the meaningfulness of your sex off of someone else's behavior you are affected by others much too much.

How are they not comparable? They are both things in which we place value. How do you value the quality of sex you just had? You compare it to sex with past sexual partners. If you can value the quality of something relatively then surely it's not a leap to value something on an emotional level by the same standards.

Furthermore saying "its not comparable" is not an intelligible argument. Valuation is a relative process, and I defy you to name a way in which it isn't.


The law of statistics in relation to condom effectiveness and birth control use.

Furthermore the actual data that exists in real life.

You either have a kid, get lucky and beat the odds multiple times, or destroy life that has immediate human potential.

Lots of people have lots of sex and no pregnancy because they are safe about it by using condoms and bc.

Statistics prove otherwise.

If your odds of not getting pregnant on the first in and out are 99%, then your odds of getting pregnant after 100 times are: .99^100 or 36.6%
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:48:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:43:47 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:39:58 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:28:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I love sluts.

Most insecure guys do.

Now why do you say that?

They are an easy win. A great boost in self confidence and esteem. Makes you feel like a man.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:51:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:48:26 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:43:47 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:39:58 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:28:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I love sluts.

Most insecure guys do.

Now why do you say that?

They are an easy win. A great boost in self confidence and esteem. Makes you feel like a man.

I just like women of all kinds. Sometimes you want the thrill of the chase, sometimes you just want somewhere to hang your hat. It's all relative.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:53:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:45:15 AM, wamba wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:35:26 AM, rogue wrote:

And I'm saying that because it's not beneficial, it should be looked down upon.
That is crap. lot's of things you do aren't necessarily beneficial and they aren't looked down upon. Like video games, does it help society? no. Is it looked down upon? no.

Bad analogy

Playing a video game : Having Sex

not really analogy. I'm just saying not everything you do is going to be beneficial.

Living in your parents basement playing WoW :: Being a Slut

dude ok lots of people who play video games aren't that bad.

Fine, you can be safe if: You don't give oral sex to a woman or require the man to wear a condom before you give him head (yeah that will happen especially if your a slut)

See you're making judgements about someone and all you know is that they have a lot of sex. There is a good chance they are just that safe.


How are they not comparable? They are both things in which we place value. How do you value the quality of sex you just had? You compare it to sex with past sexual partners. If you can value the quality of something relatively then surely it's not a leap to value something on an emotional level by the same standards.

Do I really have to go into this? They are two very different types of values. One is money, one is emotional. Answer me this, does a sluts' sex affect the meaningfulness of yours?

Furthermore saying "its not comparable" is not an intelligible argument. Valuation is a relative process, and I defy you to name a way in which it isn't.

A house is a value you can measure in numbers and in quantities. The meaningfulness of your sex isn't. They are completely different types of values and are therefore you can't make a strong connection between the two.

Statistics prove otherwise.

If your odds of not getting pregnant on the first in and out are 99%, then your odds of getting pregnant after 100 times are: .99^100 or 36.6%

For one, please cite that. Two, those aren't very high. Three, what are the circumstances? Is this a person using no protection? Protection every time?
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:54:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:51:45 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:48:26 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:43:47 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:39:58 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:28:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I love sluts.

Most insecure guys do.

Now why do you say that?

They are an easy win. A great boost in self confidence and esteem. Makes you feel like a man.

I just like women of all kinds. Sometimes you want the thrill of the chase, sometimes you just want somewhere to hang your hat. It's all relative.

If that makes you feel better about it.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 1:55:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 12:05:18 AM, rogue wrote:
What does slut mean: a woman who sleeps around. I for one don't see anything wrong with that as long as she is being safe and not hurting anyone including herself. So in my opinion, the concept isn't shameful or bad at all. I feel like the word slut shouldn't be used to downgrade women since there is nothing wrong with being one. I also think that people shouldn't look down on sluts if they are being safe in every way. Thoughts?

I think it is someone who portrays many of these characteristics to a great degree

1) someone who wears revealing clothing
2) Makeup
3)Casual flirt
4) Casual relationships
5) have sex quick (within the first 2 months I'd say) of a relationship
6) has sex outside of a relationship
7) promotes looks over intelligence or personality

None of these things are bad in and of themselves and being offended because I say someone is being slutty just means they are ashamed of how they are imo.

I personally believe that in order to be a slut onemust first be ashamed of who/how she is (hence makeup to cover up true looks, revealing clothes to just catch attention of people that wanna see som boobies or something, and being 'easy' and 'flakey' so that guys will <for some reason> want to be with them)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2010 2:02:56 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/18/2010 1:54:56 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:51:45 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:48:26 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 1:43:47 AM, tvellalott wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:39:58 AM, jharry wrote:
At 12/18/2010 12:28:48 AM, tvellalott wrote:
I love sluts.

Most insecure guys do.

Now why do you say that?

They are an easy win. A great boost in self confidence and esteem. Makes you feel like a man.

I just like women of all kinds. Sometimes you want the thrill of the chase, sometimes you just want somewhere to hang your hat. It's all relative.

I'm jealous because my religion is oppressive and ridiculous.

Thanks alright jharry, envy isn't a sin to me.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...