Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Lil Wayne on Role Models in Society

GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 3:43:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I just saw this brilliant statement made from Lil Wayne in an interview with Katie Couric when she pressed him about his lifestyle and whether he's conscious of the fact that people look up to him. (This is also a great point to counter those who criticize Miley Cyrus' decision to smoke salvia.)

"I'm not an example for people how to live their lives and never in my life would I ever set out to be an example for people how to live their lives. If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn't have been born." -- Lil Wayne
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 3:44:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 4:01:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 3:43:42 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I just saw this brilliant statement made from Lil Wayne in an interview with Katie Couric when she pressed him about his lifestyle and whether he's conscious of the fact that people look up to him. (This is also a great point to counter those who criticize Miley Cyrus' decision to smoke salvia.)

"I'm not an example for people how to live their lives and never in my life would I ever set out to be an example for people how to live their lives. If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn't have been born." -- Lil Wayne

his case and miley cyrus' are fairly different.. what with her being a children's entertainer and him being... a black rapper. whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so... like who googles miley cyrus...? she's probably
after shattering the innocence of countless children. you're supposed to know what you're getting..
signature
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 4:40:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 4:01:40 PM, badger wrote:
his case and miley cyrus' are fairly different.. what with her being a children's entertainer and him being... a black rapper. whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so... like who googles miley cyrus...? she's probably
after shattering the innocence of countless children. you're supposed to know what you're getting..

What is this even supposed to mean? She used a legal hallucinogenic substance that doesn't cause much in the way of negative side effects or addiction. Would it have been any different if someone taped her drinking wine?

Wait, never mind. The definition of role model is someone who conforms to white conservative middle/upper class mainstream culture. All hail the collective.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 4:52:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 4:40:08 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:01:40 PM, badger wrote:
his case and miley cyrus' are fairly different.. what with her being a children's entertainer and him being... a black rapper. whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so... like who googles miley cyrus...? she's probably
after shattering the innocence of countless children. you're supposed to know what you're getting..

What is this even supposed to mean? She used a legal hallucinogenic substance that doesn't cause much in the way of negative side effects or addiction. Would it have been any different if someone taped her drinking wine?

it probably would have been much different, unless she got twisted drunk and started stripping. she's a children's entertainer. we have age ratings for a reason and it's to prevent our kids from being exposed to what we don't want them exposed to. is that wrong? i don't think so, and if you would agree then surely you can see why someone might not be too happy about her actions.

Wait, never mind. The definition of role model is someone who conforms to white conservative middle/upper class mainstream culture. All hail the collective.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 4:56:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
not that i give a sh1t what miley cyrus does... and i probably wouldn't say no if she wanted to make a sex tape with me either.
signature
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 5:47:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 4:52:37 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:40:08 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:01:40 PM, badger wrote:
his case and miley cyrus' are fairly different.. what with her being a children's entertainer and him being... a black rapper. whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so... like who googles miley cyrus...? she's probably
after shattering the innocence of countless children. you're supposed to know what you're getting..

What is this even supposed to mean? She used a legal hallucinogenic substance that doesn't cause much in the way of negative side effects or addiction. Would it have been any different if someone taped her drinking wine?

it probably would have been much different, unless she got twisted drunk and started stripping. she's a children's entertainer. we have age ratings for a reason and it's to prevent our kids from being exposed to what we don't want them exposed to. is that wrong? i don't think so, and if you would agree then surely you can see why someone might not be too happy about her actions.

Wait, never mind. The definition of role model is someone who conforms to white conservative middle/upper class mainstream culture. All hail the collective.

This begs the question of whose job is it to raise your children. To be honest, if it wasn't for perezhilton.com I wouldn't even know what salvia was. And if it wasn't for a Canadian radio host smoking salvia to show how "dangerous" it is and that it should be illegal, I wouldn't even think of smoking it. But thanks to the media, that sh!t looks pretty cool. Don't blame Miley. Blame the media ^_^
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 6:04:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 5:47:49 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:52:37 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:40:08 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:01:40 PM, badger wrote:
his case and miley cyrus' are fairly different.. what with her being a children's entertainer and him being... a black rapper. whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so... like who googles miley cyrus...? she's probably
after shattering the innocence of countless children. you're supposed to know what you're getting..

What is this even supposed to mean? She used a legal hallucinogenic substance that doesn't cause much in the way of negative side effects or addiction. Would it have been any different if someone taped her drinking wine?

it probably would have been much different, unless she got twisted drunk and started stripping. she's a children's entertainer. we have age ratings for a reason and it's to prevent our kids from being exposed to what we don't want them exposed to. is that wrong? i don't think so, and if you would agree then surely you can see why someone might not be too happy about her actions.

Wait, never mind. The definition of role model is someone who conforms to white conservative middle/upper class mainstream culture. All hail the collective.

This begs the question of whose job is it to raise your children.

i doesn't really. obviously it's the parents' responsibility to raise their own children.. but that's what's happening. they're giving out over something that they've every right to for... it'd be kinda like a clown coming to your kids party drunk. i'd be pretty upset with the clown.

To be honest, if it wasn't for perezhilton.com I wouldn't even know what salvia was. And if it wasn't for a Canadian radio host smoking salvia to show how "dangerous" it is and that it should be illegal, I wouldn't even think of smoking it. But thanks to the media, that sh!t looks pretty cool. Don't blame Miley. Blame the media ^_^

little children woudn't be their target audiences though would they? and it's not cool. i didn't really even remember any of it.. it's funnier watching other people take it. though i did try mixing it with weed and smoking it in joints for a while which was some bit more amusing.
signature
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 6:36:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 6:04:25 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 5:47:49 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:52:37 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:40:08 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:01:40 PM, badger wrote:
his case and miley cyrus' are fairly different.. what with her being a children's entertainer and him being... a black rapper. whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so... like who googles miley cyrus...? she's probably
after shattering the innocence of countless children. you're supposed to know what you're getting..

What is this even supposed to mean? She used a legal hallucinogenic substance that doesn't cause much in the way of negative side effects or addiction. Would it have been any different if someone taped her drinking wine?

it probably would have been much different, unless she got twisted drunk and started stripping. she's a children's entertainer. we have age ratings for a reason and it's to prevent our kids from being exposed to what we don't want them exposed to. is that wrong? i don't think so, and if you would agree then surely you can see why someone might not be too happy about her actions.

Wait, never mind. The definition of role model is someone who conforms to white conservative middle/upper class mainstream culture. All hail the collective.

This begs the question of whose job is it to raise your children.

i doesn't really. obviously it's the parents' responsibility to raise their own children.. but that's what's happening. they're giving out over something that they've every right to for... it'd be kinda like a clown coming to your kids party drunk. i'd be pretty upset with the clown.

haha

To be honest, if it wasn't for perezhilton.com I wouldn't even know what salvia was. And if it wasn't for a Canadian radio host smoking salvia to show how "dangerous" it is and that it should be illegal, I wouldn't even think of smoking it. But thanks to the media, that sh!t looks pretty cool. Don't blame Miley. Blame the media ^_^

little children woudn't be their target audiences though would they?

That's what I'm saying---they're not posting the video of her smoking on the Disney channel. They're posting it on gossip sites or gossip shows that have disclaimers so it's kind of the parent's job to monitor what their kids are doing on the internet/watching on TV.

and it's not cool. i didn't really even remember any of it.. it's funnier watching other people take it. though i did try mixing it with weed and smoking it in joints for a while which was some bit more amusing.

I don't smoke so I don't know the feeling :( When you send me my ticket to Ireland you can buy me my first one :p
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 6:43:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 6:36:26 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/20/2010 6:04:25 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 5:47:49 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:52:37 PM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:40:08 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:01:40 PM, badger wrote:
his case and miley cyrus' are fairly different.. what with her being a children's entertainer and him being... a black rapper. whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so... like who googles miley cyrus...? she's probably
after shattering the innocence of countless children. you're supposed to know what you're getting..

What is this even supposed to mean? She used a legal hallucinogenic substance that doesn't cause much in the way of negative side effects or addiction. Would it have been any different if someone taped her drinking wine?

it probably would have been much different, unless she got twisted drunk and started stripping. she's a children's entertainer. we have age ratings for a reason and it's to prevent our kids from being exposed to what we don't want them exposed to. is that wrong? i don't think so, and if you would agree then surely you can see why someone might not be too happy about her actions.

Wait, never mind. The definition of role model is someone who conforms to white conservative middle/upper class mainstream culture. All hail the collective.

This begs the question of whose job is it to raise your children.

i doesn't really. obviously it's the parents' responsibility to raise their own children.. but that's what's happening. they're giving out over something that they've every right to for... it'd be kinda like a clown coming to your kids party drunk. i'd be pretty upset with the clown.

haha

To be honest, if it wasn't for perezhilton.com I wouldn't even know what salvia was. And if it wasn't for a Canadian radio host smoking salvia to show how "dangerous" it is and that it should be illegal, I wouldn't even think of smoking it. But thanks to the media, that sh!t looks pretty cool. Don't blame Miley. Blame the media ^_^

little children woudn't be their target audiences though would they?

That's what I'm saying---they're not posting the video of her smoking on the Disney channel. They're posting it on gossip sites or gossip shows that have disclaimers so it's kind of the parent's job to monitor what their kids are doing on the internet/watching on TV.

you could also blame yourself for being the one who hired the drunken clown who wrecked your kid's party lol..

and it's not cool. i didn't really even remember any of it.. it's funnier watching other people take it. though i did try mixing it with weed and smoking it in joints for a while which was some bit more amusing.

I don't smoke so I don't know the feeling :( When you send me my ticket to Ireland you can buy me my first one :p

did you not get that already?
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 6:59:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 6:45:37 PM, TulleKrazy wrote:
At 12/20/2010 6:43:02 PM, badger wrote:

did you not get that already?

No >.<

send me on your address so... :)
signature
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 10:27:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 4:52:37 PM, badger wrote:
it probably would have been much different, unless she got twisted drunk and started stripping. she's a children's entertainer. we have age ratings for a reason and it's to prevent our kids from being exposed to what we don't want them exposed to. is that wrong? i don't think so, and if you would agree then surely you can see why someone might not be too happy about her actions.

You're begging the question. On what grounds are you asserting that kids need to be "sheltered" from a relatively safe halucinogenic substance? You are far more likely to die from trampoline use than from salvia related injuries, yet I doubt anyone would be reacting like this if someone posted a video of her "glamorizing" trampoline use. The dichotomy between drug use and any other risk orientated activity is arbitrary.

A clown showing up drunk to a kids party means that he cannot perform the job he was hired to do adequately or safely. Unless being drunk somehow made him a lot funnier.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 10:39:10 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think we should all smoke medicinal marijuana for our migraines.
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
m93samman
Posts: 2,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2010 10:41:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Don't get me wrong though. I'm a weezy fan
: At 4/15/2011 5:29:37 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
: Pascal's wager is for poosies.
:
: I mean that sincerly, because it's basically an argument from poooosie.
:
: I'm pretty sure that's like a fallacy.. Argument ad Pussium or something like that.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 6:16:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 10:27:03 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/20/2010 4:52:37 PM, badger wrote:
it probably would have been much different, unless she got twisted drunk and started stripping. she's a children's entertainer. we have age ratings for a reason and it's to prevent our kids from being exposed to what we don't want them exposed to. is that wrong? i don't think so, and if you would agree then surely you can see why someone might not be too happy about her actions.

You're begging the question. On what grounds are you asserting that kids need to be "sheltered" from a relatively safe halucinogenic substance? You are far more likely to die from trampoline use than from salvia related injuries, yet I doubt anyone would be reacting like this if someone posted a video of her "glamorizing" trampoline use. The dichotomy between drug use and any other risk orientated activity is arbitrary.

ammm, who asserted anything? i'm just saying that parents have the right to raise their children whatever way they wish. and still, do we not shelter our kids from relatively safe sex? fairly sure the "relatively safe" doesn't apply in all cases.

A clown showing up drunk to a kids party means that he cannot perform the job he was hired to do adequately or safely. Unless being drunk somehow made him a lot funnier.

you're not gonna make a good parent.
signature
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 7:24:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 6:16:23 AM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 10:27:03 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:

ammm, who asserted anything?

whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so.

i'm just saying that parents have the right to raise their children whatever way they wish. and still, do we not shelter our kids from relatively safe sex? fairly sure the "relatively safe" doesn't apply in all cases.

No, we *try* to shelter them from sex (I'm assuming you're talking about the media here), and it ends up making little to no difference.

you're not gonna make a good parent.

If by "good parent" you mean indoctrinates children with false beliefs and an absurd culture, you're absolutely right! Meanwhile, I'll make sure to take care of things that actually matter like providing a safe environment.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 7:49:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 7:24:35 AM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/21/2010 6:16:23 AM, badger wrote:
At 12/20/2010 10:27:03 PM, Sam_Lowry wrote:

ammm, who asserted anything?

whatever about her decision to smoke salvia, she most definitely shouldn't have let herself be video recorded while doing so.

fair enough... but that's not me asserting that kids need to be sheltered from salvia or anything like that.. i'm just saying she shouldn't have made a video of it seeing as she's a children's entertainer and it would likely be seen by children.. who would then probably show their parents... who would more than likely not be too happy about it... probably resulting in a loss for miley cyrus.

now whether these parents are right not be happy about it or not is a different story... but nothing more than a matter of opinion.

i'm just saying that parents have the right to raise their children whatever way they wish. and still, do we not shelter our kids from relatively safe sex? fairly sure the "relatively safe" doesn't apply in all cases.

No, we *try* to shelter them from sex (I'm assuming you're talking about the media here), and it ends up making little to no difference.

it clearly makes a difference.. my younger brother asked me what an orgasm was not too long ago when he heard the word on television and when i told him what it was, he was completely and utterly disgusted... and he's about 10.. porn as day time television = kids with STDs.. come on man... these are impressionable young children we're on about.

you're not gonna make a good parent.

If by "good parent" you mean indoctrinates children with false beliefs and an absurd culture, you're absolutely right!

ammm, no.. i meant a parent who keeps his/her child physically and mentally well..

Meanwhile, I'll make sure to take care of things that actually matter like providing a safe environment.

fvcking your wife with a wooden spoon on the kitchen table while your kid's trying to eat breakfast is not providing a safe environment.
signature
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 9:44:57 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 7:49:51 AM, badger wrote:
it clearly makes a difference.. my younger brother asked me what an orgasm was not too long ago when he heard the word on television and when i told him what it was, he was completely and utterly disgusted... and he's about 10.. porn as day time television = kids with STDs.. come on man... these are impressionable young children we're on about.

There is no clear correlation between media exposure and sexual activity. Hate to burst your bubble.

fvcking your wife with a wooden spoon on the kitchen table while your kid's trying to eat breakfast is not providing a safe environment.

Yep, sex is an inherently evil thing that will melt children's brains if they bear witness to anything hinting at sexuality. This is an objective fact and has nothing to do with you're overbearing puritanical culture.
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 11:00:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 9:44:57 AM, Sam_Lowry wrote:
At 12/21/2010 7:49:51 AM, badger wrote:
it clearly makes a difference.. my younger brother asked me what an orgasm was not too long ago when he heard the word on television and when i told him what it was, he was completely and utterly disgusted... and he's about 10.. porn as day time television = kids with STDs.. come on man... these are impressionable young children we're on about.

There is no clear correlation between media exposure and sexual activity. Hate to burst your bubble.

so you're telling me kids won't imitate things they see on television?

fvcking your wife with a wooden spoon on the kitchen table while your kid's trying to eat breakfast is not providing a safe environment.

Yep, sex is an inherently evil thing that will melt children's brains if they bear witness to anything hinting at sexuality. This is an objective fact and has nothing to do with you're overbearing puritanical culture.

i don't believe i said it was. i was just suggesting that it might disturb the child, as it probably would me, and leave him/her unfit to live a normal life by today's standards.
signature
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2010 12:00:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 11:00:10 AM, badger wrote:
so you're telling me kids won't imitate things they see on television?

As far as I know there is no causal link. If there was, it wouldn't follow that an increase in the proportion of STDs would necessarily happen. Unfortunately due to the politicized nature of sex ed in this country, it probably would.

http://www.thaindian.com...

i don't believe i said it was. i was just suggesting that it might disturb the child, as it probably would me, and leave him/her unfit to live a normal life by today's standards.

And by what mechanism would this work? You are saying that a child who sees their parents having sex will become brain damaged? Psychologically impaired? Emotionally repressed? What evidence do you have of this? Can it be replicated in other animals?

Or are you just making some kind of tautological claim about our culture?
Sam_Lowry
Posts: 367
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2010 1:13:16 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/21/2010 5:11:05 PM, badger wrote:
you shouldn't be let have children.

If you actually believe this be prepared to forcibly sterilize or exterminate a good number of cultures and societies.
kelly224
Posts: 952
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 1:36:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/20/2010 3:43:42 AM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I just saw this brilliant statement made from Lil Wayne in an interview with Katie Couric when she pressed him about his lifestyle and whether he's conscious of the fact that people look up to him. (This is also a great point to counter those who criticize Miley Cyrus' decision to smoke salvia.)

"I'm not an example for people how to live their lives and never in my life would I ever set out to be an example for people how to live their lives. If you need an example for how to live, then you just shouldn't have been born." -- Lil Wayne

If people look to lil Wayne for guidance then what does that say about them?..He is correct, he is in no position to be a role model.