Jump to topic:

Contreversy Of Egypt . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2010 3:22:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
There are those who think that Egyptians were white and those who say they were black . . . I say predominately black but other races lived there as well so it was a melting pot of sorts . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 7:47:48 AM
At 12/23/2010 3:22:55 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
There are those who think that Egyptians were white and those who say they were black . . . I say predominately black but other races lived there as well so it was a melting pot of sorts . . .

i heard this theory before that the irish are actually descended from the eqyptians.. and what i heard was fairly convincing, but i don't think i got the right name of it, and can't find it.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 7:51:38 AM
haven't really looked into any of what i heard either though. anyone know what the eqyptian word for knife is? or what do the tartar tribe dance like? and are they descended from the egyptians? lol
signature
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 7:56:10 AM
There are those who think that Egyptians were white and those who say they were black . . . I say predominately black but other races lived there as well so it was a melting pot of sorts . . .:

Ethnic Egyptians are neither white nor black.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 7:59:01 AM
At 12/25/2010 7:56:10 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
There are those who think that Egyptians were white and those who say they were black . . . I say predominately black but other races lived there as well so it was a melting pot of sorts . . .:

how come ireland got no black people so?
signature
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 9:13:55 AM

I am talking about Ancient Egyptians . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 9:28:03 AM

how come ireland got no black people so?:

They do have black people.

Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy gave a whole new meaning to the term "Black Irish." :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 9:32:59 AM
At 12/25/2010 9:13:55 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I am talking about Ancient Egyptians :

So am I. They're neither white nor black.

Does this person look white or black to you?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com...

You do know there are many cultures beyond white and black, no? I can tell the difference between an ethnic Filipino and an ethnic Indonesian just by looking at them. I can distinguish between an ethnic Arab from an ethnic Egyptian. I can differentiate between an ethnic Morrocan from an ethnic Egyptian.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 9:59:59 AM
At 12/25/2010 9:28:03 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy gave a whole new meaning to the term "Black Irish." :)

there was a black guy in think lizzy...? news to me.
signature
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 10:17:15 AM
At 12/25/2010 9:32:59 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

You do know there are many cultures beyond white and black, no? I can tell the difference between an ethnic Filipino and an ethnic Indonesian just by looking at them. I can distinguish between an ethnic Arab from an ethnic Egyptian. I can differentiate between an ethnic Morrocan from an ethnic Egyptian.

Did you read my initial statement about how there were a mix of many different races in Egypt, they were a trading civilization, and also they had people from many other civilizations who came there . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 11:27:23 AM
At 12/25/2010 7:47:48 AM, badger wrote:

i heard this theory before that the irish are actually descended from the eqyptians.. and what i heard was fairly convincing, but i don't think i got the right name of it, and can't find it.

Lol, a lot of people descend from Africans. Most of our ancestors come from England and France, but the French were Normans, who are descendants of Scandinavian Vikings.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 11:30:05 AM
At 12/25/2010 9:59:59 AM, badger wrote:
At 12/25/2010 9:28:03 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

there was a black guy in think lizzy...? news to me.

The lead singer, lol http://en.wikipedia.org...

Used to say he was the only black guy in Dublin.

As for the Black Irish they are descendants of a failed Spanish invasion. Some soldiers scattered about, intermarried, and since they were called the "Black Irish" due to their much more sallow skin colour. Mainly concentrated in the South.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 11:38:24 AM
yeah, well apparently this theory's better supported than the celts one (that's the one you're on about isn't it?) and it says we're africans.
signature
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2010 12:09:15 PM
At 12/25/2010 11:38:24 AM, badger wrote:
yeah, well apparently this theory's better supported than the celts one (that's the one you're on about isn't it?) and it says we're africans.

Well everyone is from Africa and everyone is descended from black people . . . http://www.pbs.org... http://www.ramsdale.org...
Minister Of Trolling
:
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:29:32 AM
At 12/25/2010 7:59:01 AM, badger wrote:

This is very dumb... Wow. I thought you actually had to know something before you just write it.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 11:30:05 AM

This
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 6:41:58 PM
At 12/27/2010 11:29:32 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:

This is very dumb... Wow. I thought you actually had to know something before you just write it.

you seem a donkey.
signature
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2010 9:25:34 PM
At 12/25/2010 12:09:15 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/25/2010 11:38:24 AM, badger wrote:

Well everyone is from Africa and everyone is descended from black people . . . http://www.pbs.org... http://www.ramsdale.org...

Hmm, is this really true? I think you may be right.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2010 8:41:30 AM
I heard that the early egyptians (and royalty) were likely related to Nubians... who are black..

then eventually they (and the royalty) mostly became more middle easternish looking

and then Cleopatra http://www.google.com... and most Royalty after her were Macedonian (and pretty much what people would call white), though Most of egypt remained middle-eastenish with some Nubianish people.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 5:41:14 AM
"Controversy."

Anyway, lol.

That is absurd. Egyptians are dark-skinned people from Africa.

For all intents and purposes, they are "black."

black   
[blak] Show IPA
adjective, -er, -est, noun, verb, adverb
–adjective
lacking hue and brightness; absorbing light without reflecting any of the rays composing it.
characterized by absence of light; enveloped in darkness: a black night.
( sometimes initial capital letter )
a.
pertaining or belonging to any of the various populations characterized by dark skin pigmentation, specifically the dark-skinned peoples of Africa, Oceania, and Australia.

b.
African-American.

This whole "rumor" resulted from an inability to defend the allegation that "black" people are genetically inferior to other "races," given the immense contribution Egyptians made to human advancement.

But, I'm sure this is going to get attacked left and right and someone is going to call me condescending.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 5:41:35 AM
At 12/25/2010 9:32:59 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

He looks "black."
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 10:03:39 AM
At 12/29/2010 5:41:14 AM, Ren wrote:
"Controversy."

Anyway, lol.

For all intents and purposes, they are "black.":

So olive-skinned people are "black?" That's news to me. So Indians are black too, I take it, because they have dark skin?

This whole "rumor" resulted from an inability to defend the allegation that "black" people are genetically inferior to other "races," given the immense contribution Egyptians made to human advancement.

But, I'm sure this is going to get attacked left and right and someone is going to call me condescending.:

It's not going to be attacked so much as your inaccuracies corrected. Egyptians are a completely separate people from Sub-Saharan Africans. Please note in the shaded areas on the map. Green areas denote Sub-Saharan Africans (black Africans) and the areas shaded gray incorporates Tunisians, Berbers, and Egyptians which, even before the Islamization of that area, were still ethnically different from the Sudanese to the south.

Please note that Egypt is also curiously missing off the list for what comprises Sub-Saharan Africans (Black Africans)

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Just because Egypt is on the continent of Africa doesn't mean that Egyptians are black (your logic on the matter is very narrow). Now, being that Egyptians and Sudanese people are in relative proximity of one another, it is likely that there was some intermarriage between the two civilizations, but they are not ethnically the same.

I sense that you want to satisfy some urge to call it a conspiracy, but it's simply that you're ignorant of the matter.

Egyptians are neither white nor black... they're Egyptian.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 10:43:14 AM
At 12/29/2010 10:03:39 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 12/29/2010 5:41:14 AM, Ren wrote:
"Controversy."

Anyway, lol.

For all intents and purposes, they are "black.":

So olive-skinned people are "black?" That's news to me. So Indians are black too, I take it, because they have dark skin?

Indians aren't from Africa.

They are technically Asian.

But, I'm sure this is going to get attacked left and right and someone is going to call me condescending.:

It's not going to be attacked so much as your inaccuracies corrected. Egyptians are a completely separate people from Sub-Saharan Africans. Please note in the shaded areas on the map. Green areas denote Sub-Saharan Africans (black Africans) and the areas shaded gray incorporates Tunisians, Berbers, and Egyptians which, even before the Islamization of that area, were still ethnically different from the Sudanese to the south.

Please note that Egypt is also curiously missing off the list for what comprises Sub-Saharan Africans (Black Africans)

Just because Egypt is on the continent of Africa doesn't mean that Egyptians are black (your logic on the matter is very narrow). Now, being that Egyptians and Sudanese people are in relative proximity of one another, it is likely that there was some intermarriage between the two civilizations, but they are not ethnically the same.

I sense that you want to satisfy some urge to call it a conspiracy, but it's simply that you're ignorant of the matter.

Egyptians are neither white nor black... they're Egyptian.

Egyptians are black.

This "Sub-Saharan Africa" excludes Tanzanians, too.

http://trekkertime.com...

http://therealbarackobama.files.wordpress.com...

Guess those are white folk, eh?

You're acting as though there some sort of science that corresponds with "racial" divides...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 10:56:06 AM

They were driven out with the snakes by Patrick.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 12:17:44 PM

They were predominately arab looking, hamito-semitic to be precise (or at least technically vague).

Their art shows them to be essentially 'white', and that they were aware of people of other skin colour, and that they regarded such people to be foreigners. There has not been a suitably significant population shift during recorded history to account for their shift from black to what they are now.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 12:28:46 PM
Indians aren't from Africa.

They are technically Asian.:

Being from a certain continent bears no relevance to one's ethnicity, as evidenced no more clearly than Asia. Or are Chinese and Indians ethnically the same just because they live on the same continent? If we were to extrapolate this failed logic, we could assume that white South Africans are actually black too just because they live in Africa.

Egyptians are black.:

Egyptians vary in skin tone, and I'm sure just as you can have white Americans and black Americans, there were people of various skin pigmentation in ancient Egypt. However, generally speaking, what are known as ethnic Egyptians are their own entirely separate ethnicity that is NEITHER white nor black.

Guess those are white folk, eh?:

Are you intentionally being obtuse??? Did you miss the part where I repeatedly stated that they were NEITHER white nor black. Neither. In the 1800's, it's true that Eurocentric viewpoints wanted to believe that Egyptians were white (which they are not). And it's also true that in the 1900's there was shift away from the Eurocentric view towards the Afrocentric view that Egyptians were black (which they are not). It's just two racist ideologies competing with one another.

The reality is somewhere in between... Egyptians, ancient or modern, are neither white nor black.

You're acting as though there some sort of science that corresponds with "racial" divides...:

LOL! Meanwhile you're trying to convince me that Egyptians are black?!?!? Interesting.

FAIL
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/29/2010 12:44:23 PM
They were predominately arab looking, hamito-semitic to be precise (or at least technically vague).:

Not even that, because ancient Egypt refers to a time long before the Islamization of Egypt. Egyptians are certainly darker than Arabs (on average), but if that makes them "black" then wouldn't the same apply to Indians? Obviously not.

It's kind of like Iraq. Many modern-day Iraqi's are from Arab-descent, but it was not always this way with the Akkadians and the Sumerians. The ancient inhabitants of what is NOW Iraq are more closely related, ethnically, to Kurdish or Chaldean people.

Their art shows them to be essentially 'white', and that they were aware of people of other skin colour, and that they regarded such people to be foreigners. There has not been a suitably significant population shift during recorded history to account for their shift from black to what they are now.:

The artwork shows they have a very tan complexion, but the tone is in between extreme white and extreme black (similar to Indians).

The artwork below is taken from folk art found in the tomb of Seti the 1st.

From left to right (Libyan, Nubian, Asiatic, ad Egyptian). The note the difference in pigmentation for all of them, and note how while the Egyptian is certainly darker than than the Libyan and Asian, but is not "black" like the Nubian.