Total Posts:131|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Americans Lack Of Knowledge On Canada

HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.
Meh!
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:24:16 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

I'm pretty sure this guy is the exception and not the rule.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:25:00 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Without looking it up, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:25:31 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Whoops. Former prime minister, I meant.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:43:26 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 12:25:00 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Without looking it up, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada.

Wow, just about proves my point. Pretty funny. ;) At least you didn't say Tim Horton was.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:45:20 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 12:37:20 AM, RyuuKyuzo wrote:
Nobody tell them about all the oil we have.

Don't worry, most of them don't even know Alberta exists. Those that read this just got a new piece of information.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:46:46 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

And saying that is worthless. Go look it up.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:09:09 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 12:43:26 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:25:00 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Without looking it up, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada.

Wow, just about proves my point. Pretty funny. ;) At least you didn't say Tim Horton was.

My bad. I already knew that Justin Trudeau is the current Prime Minister. I guess I forgot to put "former" in there.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:18:31 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
In all fairness, the United States, as the cultural, military, and economic superpower has a much larger profile than Canada, which is a third-rate power. People around the world know about American politics, but there's simply no reason for most Americans (or most people in general) to concern themselves with what's going on in Canada.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 1:23:14 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
Canada isn't even a real country
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:14:49 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 12:46:46 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

And saying that is worthless. Go look it up.

Someone is getting defensive.

Do you have any real information to back up this claim?
Meh!
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:37:29 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 1:09:09 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:43:26 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:25:00 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Without looking it up, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada.

Wow, just about proves my point. Pretty funny. ;) At least you didn't say Tim Horton was.

My bad. I already knew that Justin Trudeau is the current Prime Minister. I guess I forgot to put "former" in there.

Did you know? Because if you read my dialogue you should have already known.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:39:37 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 1:23:14 AM, someloser wrote:
Canada isn't even a real country

And Donald Trump is laughable as well as Hillary Clinton. Once either of those get elected, America won't be a real country. ;)
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:41:44 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:37:29 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 1:09:09 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:43:26 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:25:00 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Without looking it up, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada.

Wow, just about proves my point. Pretty funny. ;) At least you didn't say Tim Horton was.

My bad. I already knew that Justin Trudeau is the current Prime Minister. I guess I forgot to put "former" in there.

Did you know? Because if you read my dialogue you should have already known.

Well, I did read the OP, but I've made posts concerning Trudeau in the past.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:44:31 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:14:49 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:46:46 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

And saying that is worthless. Go look it up.

Someone is getting defensive.

Do you have any real information to back up this claim?

Haha, the unknowledgable average American. ;) You think that was fake? You prove my point and I don't think in going to send you a link of the story. You'll serve a good purpose in proving my point if you remain clueless.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
someloser
Posts: 1,377
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:45:27 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:39:37 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 1:23:14 AM, someloser wrote:
Canada isn't even a real country

And Donald Trump is laughable as well as Hillary Clinton. Once either of those get elected, America won't be a real country. ;)
The US hasn't been a real country for well over a century
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:45:44 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:41:44 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:37:29 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 1:09:09 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:43:26 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:25:00 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Without looking it up, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada.

Wow, just about proves my point. Pretty funny. ;) At least you didn't say Tim Horton was.

My bad. I already knew that Justin Trudeau is the current Prime Minister. I guess I forgot to put "former" in there.

Did you know? Because if you read my dialogue you should have already known.

Well, I did read the OP, but I've made posts concerning Trudeau in the past.

Sure........ It was still funny though.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:47:45 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:45:27 AM, someloser wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:39:37 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 1:23:14 AM, someloser wrote:
Canada isn't even a real country

And Donald Trump is laughable as well as Hillary Clinton. Once either of those get elected, America won't be a real country. ;)
The US hasn't been a real country for well over a century
wot
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:48:14 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:45:27 AM, someloser wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:39:37 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 1:23:14 AM, someloser wrote:
Canada isn't even a real country

And Donald Trump is laughable as well as Hillary Clinton. Once either of those get elected, America won't be a real country. ;)
The US hasn't been a real country for well over a century

Obama was more popular in Canada I think when he first got elected than in America. Funny, they made cookies of him.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:49:36 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:47:45 AM, Torton wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:45:27 AM, someloser wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:39:37 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 1:23:14 AM, someloser wrote:
Canada isn't even a real country

And Donald Trump is laughable as well as Hillary Clinton. Once either of those get elected, America won't be a real country. ;)
The US hasn't been a real country for well over a century
wot

What? Please feel free to elaborate.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 2:58:13 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:44:31 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:14:49 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:46:46 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

And saying that is worthless. Go look it up.

Someone is getting defensive.

Do you have any real information to back up this claim?

Haha, the unknowledgable average American. ;) You think that was fake? You prove my point and I don't think in going to send you a link of the story. You'll serve a good purpose in proving my point if you remain clueless.

1. I'm not an American
2. You have made a claim with no evidence to back it up, as such your claim remains unproven
3. As I said, the anecdotal evidence you provided is (In terms of data) junk

I'm not saying Americans are knowledgeable, nor am I saying they are unknowledgable, I have no justification to make either of those claims as I don't have the evidence available.

To be honest, I suspect you just have this view due to in-group/out-group bias combined with a troll-like personality, but to be honest, this is just unproven speculation.
Meh!
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 3:26:11 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:45:44 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:41:44 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:37:29 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 1:09:09 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:43:26 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:25:00 AM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Without looking it up, Stephen Harper is the Prime Minister of Canada.

Wow, just about proves my point. Pretty funny. ;) At least you didn't say Tim Horton was.

My bad. I already knew that Justin Trudeau is the current Prime Minister. I guess I forgot to put "former" in there.

Did you know? Because if you read my dialogue you should have already known.

Well, I did read the OP, but I've made posts concerning Trudeau in the past.

Sure........ It was still funny though.

That it was.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:02:13 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 2:58:13 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:44:31 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:14:49 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:46:46 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

And saying that is worthless. Go look it up.

Someone is getting defensive.

Do you have any real information to back up this claim?

Haha, the unknowledgable average American. ;) You think that was fake? You prove my point and I don't think in going to send you a link of the story. You'll serve a good purpose in proving my point if you remain clueless.

1. I'm not an American
2. You have made a claim with no evidence to back it up, as such your claim remains unproven
3. As I said, the anecdotal evidence you provided is (In terms of data) junk

I'm not saying Americans are knowledgeable, nor am I saying they are unknowledgable, I have no justification to make either of those claims as I don't have the evidence available.

To be honest, I suspect you just have this view due to in-group/out-group bias combined with a troll-like personality, but to be honest, this is just unproven speculation.

Sure your not an American. I too would deny that I was an American if I were you. As for not giving you the link to the story, your cluelessness is exactly my point. To be honest you seem to be ashamed of being an American. Don't worry, I would too if I were you. I mean Donald Trump is bad enough. ;)
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 4:15:21 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 4:02:13 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:58:13 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:44:31 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:14:49 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:46:46 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

And saying that is worthless. Go look it up.

Someone is getting defensive.

Do you have any real information to back up this claim?

Haha, the unknowledgable average American. ;) You think that was fake? You prove my point and I don't think in going to send you a link of the story. You'll serve a good purpose in proving my point if you remain clueless.

1. I'm not an American
2. You have made a claim with no evidence to back it up, as such your claim remains unproven
3. As I said, the anecdotal evidence you provided is (In terms of data) junk

I'm not saying Americans are knowledgeable, nor am I saying they are unknowledgable, I have no justification to make either of those claims as I don't have the evidence available.

To be honest, I suspect you just have this view due to in-group/out-group bias combined with a troll-like personality, but to be honest, this is just unproven speculation.

Sure your not an American. I too would deny that I was an American if I were you. As for not giving you the link to the story, your cluelessness is exactly my point. To be honest you seem to be ashamed of being an American. Don't worry, I would too if I were you. I mean Donald Trump is bad enough. ;)

I don't think you actually believe I am an American, you're just saying that in an attempt to get a reaction out of me and to avoid the other points made.

Your argument has crumbled, hasn't it?
Meh!
Beisht_Kione
Posts: 233
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 5:43:35 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I know who Justin Trudeau is! He's that sexist Prime Minister who justifies policy decisions based on it being the current year.
People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw rocks.
Heterodox
Posts: 293
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 8:15:06 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Most American's don't know about America, let alone other countries, including myself.

Heck, our media doesn't talk about that kind of stuff either and when it does it's spun to program us into thinking in the way the company that owns that media wants us to.

If it's not in our line of sight, it doesn't exist.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:26:03 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 4:15:21 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 4:02:13 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:58:13 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:44:31 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/22/2016 2:14:49 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/22/2016 12:46:46 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:56:10 PM, Axonly wrote:
At 7/21/2016 11:19:32 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
News Reporter: So, can you tell me who's Canada's political leader?
American: Uhhhhhhh, Tim Horton?
News Reporter: Ahhh, that was our last political leader.(*joking*) Our current one is Justin Trudeau.
American: Ah, right. I meant to say President Trudeau.
News Reporter: You mean Prime Minister?
American: Right, right. Prime Minister Trudeau is a very good political leader. As was Prime Minister Tim Horton.
News Reporter: Now, to the next question, what is the name of Canada's Capitol?
American: Uhhhhhhhh, Toronto!
News Reporter: Not exactly, somewhere close to Toronto.
American: Uhhhh, Quebec City!
News Reporter: No, it starts with Otta, and ends with wa.
American: Ottawa! Right I meant to say that first.
News Reporter: Of course you did. Now what do you think of Prime Minister Trudeau passing the law of Polar Bears being used as transportation? (*joking*)
American: Oh, I agree with that. There must be so many Polar Bears up there.
News Reporter: Right, I mean, Canadians do live in igloos. (*joking*)
American: Right, right. They all do.
News Reporter: Well, thank you for your time and sharing your knowledge of Canada.
American: No problem, Canada is our next door neighbour. We know all about them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Americans do not have much knowledge of Canada. Recently a man sang O Canada at a MLB game but he replaced the words "in all thy sons command" to "we're all brothers and sisters, all lives matter to the great." Of course most Americans didn't react to that. Of course most Americans watching through a TV missed that part because the commercial break was on and then it flipped instantly to the American national anthem. Americans don't really know much about Canada. It's actually quite hilarious.

Anecdotal evidence is worthless.

And saying that is worthless. Go look it up.

Someone is getting defensive.

Do you have any real information to back up this claim?

Haha, the unknowledgable average American. ;) You think that was fake? You prove my point and I don't think in going to send you a link of the story. You'll serve a good purpose in proving my point if you remain clueless.

1. I'm not an American
2. You have made a claim with no evidence to back it up, as such your claim remains unproven
3. As I said, the anecdotal evidence you provided is (In terms of data) junk

I'm not saying Americans are knowledgeable, nor am I saying they are unknowledgable, I have no justification to make either of those claims as I don't have the evidence available.

To be honest, I suspect you just have this view due to in-group/out-group bias combined with a troll-like personality, but to be honest, this is just unproven speculation.

Sure your not an American. I too would deny that I was an American if I were you. As for not giving you the link to the story, your cluelessness is exactly my point. To be honest you seem to be ashamed of being an American. Don't worry, I would too if I were you. I mean Donald Trump is bad enough. ;)

I don't think you actually believe I am an American, you're just saying that in an attempt to get a reaction out of me and to avoid the other points made.

Your argument has crumbled, hasn't it?

Sure...... We all know you're an American. No, my point hasn't crumbled. Haha, you prove my point by how unaware you are. Technically, you are my point.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
HeavenlyPanda
Posts: 819
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2016 12:27:48 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/22/2016 5:43:35 AM, Beisht_Kione wrote:
I know who Justin Trudeau is! He's that sexist Prime Minister who justifies policy decisions based on it being the current year.
People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw rocks.

Wow, if you had left out "Justin Trudeau" and "prime minister" you could almost believe he was talking about Donald Trump. ;)
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.