Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:06:10 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
At 7/24/2016 5:40:05 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
And why?

I'm not but I want to.
The main reason why I haven't done it is that my dietician told me it was pretty difficult to obtain all the daily intake of calcium and protein. And since it's not easy to find stores with all the food needed in my city I guess I will have to wait.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:18:14 PM
I'm not a female or a Democrat so I am not a vegetarian.

God put cattle, pigs, chickens, and fish to be well seasoned and cooked to eat.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 9:43:49 PM
And why?

I am a vegetarian because killing animals and thus eating them is morally unjust
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2016 10:01:01 PM
And why?

No. I eat a Mediterranean diet full of fruits, vegetables, poultry, fish, whole grains, legumes and olive oil. I'm not a huge fan of stuff like red meat. I think that Mediterranean diets are fairly healthy.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Riwaaz_Ras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 4:09:03 AM
How many of you started to take non veg food at a very young age (less than nine years old)?
(This is not a goodbye message. I may or may not come back after ten years.)
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:05:37 AM
At 7/26/2016 9:43:49 PM, Hayd wrote:
And why?

I am a vegetarian because killing animals and thus eating them is morally unjust

^
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:08:49 AM
I think that eating meat is only justified if excluding meat from your diet will inhibit the normal functioning of your body, as human interests override animal ones. Otherwise, if you can lead a normal, healthy life on a vegetarian diet, you are not justified in killing for food. That is essentially the same argument that opposes vivisection in general but allows for exceptions in the cases of medicine for life-threatening diseases.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:11:46 AM
At 7/27/2016 5:08:49 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
I think that eating meat is only justified if excluding meat from your diet will inhibit the normal functioning of your body, as human interests override animal ones. Otherwise, if you can lead a normal, healthy life on a vegetarian diet, you are not justified in killing for food. That is essentially the same argument that opposes vivisection in general but allows for exceptions in the cases of medicine for life-threatening diseases.

With that said, I don't mean I'll find you to be evil unless you're vegetarian. I'm not a moral saint in the Wolfian sense and I don't expect others to be, either. While I would hold that a moral saint, in my system of ethics, would not consume meat - that is, if one were to follow the system of ethics perfectly, one would be vegetarian - I'm not saying everyone needs to be a moral saint, or follow the ethics perfectly.

Don't be a stat cynic:

Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 6:05:23 AM
I don't think I ever could, even if I wanted to.

There's too much good stuff that either is meat or includes meat, especially steaks.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:02:40 PM
And why?

I went vegetarian for about 2 months, as an experiment. Mainly because there are so many chemicals that are put into our mean, such as ammonia to clean it, etc, that really, it's not even meat. All of the growth hormones they use on animals is sickening, and cruel. So I mainly did it for 1. For health reasons, and 2. I didn't believe in how they were treating their animals.

I do eat meat now, I just stray away from brands, that I *KNOW* are cruel to their animals, and raise them in filth. Such as Foster Farms, and Butterball.

I did notice I had a lot more energy, and was more active, when I went vegetarian, and that's for obvious reasons. Now, I do eat mean, just about once a week.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:16:48 PM
At 7/26/2016 9:18:14 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
I'm not a female or a Democrat so I am not a vegetarian.

41% of vegetarians are men. But liberals are significantly more likely than conservatives to be vegetarian, so I guess that part is true lol

God put cattle, pigs, chickens, and fish to be well seasoned and cooked to eat.

Meat tastes splendid, although I don't like chicken that much. But being morally just outweighs eating good food for me, regardless, vegetable based foods taste pretty good as well. As well as feeling good, health wise.
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:17:12 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:05:37 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:
At 7/26/2016 9:43:49 PM, Hayd wrote:
And why?

^

Youre vegetarian too?
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:17:46 PM
At 7/27/2016 4:09:03 AM, Riwaaz_Ras wrote:
How many of you started to take non veg food at a very young age (less than nine years old)?

I started being vegetarian this summer and Im 15. I ate meat a lot before then
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:18:09 PM
At 7/26/2016 10:01:01 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
And why?

No. I eat a Mediterranean diet full of fruits, vegetables, poultry, fish, whole grains, legumes and olive oil. I'm not a huge fan of stuff like red meat. I think that Mediterranean diets are fairly healthy.

They are delicious too lol :)
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:18:41 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:08:49 AM, Diqiucun_Cunmin wrote:

+1
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:19:39 PM
At 7/27/2016 6:05:23 AM, Torton wrote:
I don't think I ever could, even if I wanted to.

There's too much good stuff that either is meat or includes meat, especially steaks.

Thats what I thought lol. I used to try to *only* eat meat, but I'm doing fine so far
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:20:15 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:18:09 PM, Hayd wrote:
And why?

Most definitely :D
Tbh I put olive oil on pretty much everything. It makes everything better. I should consider drizzling my future with it :')
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:20:53 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:20:15 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
And why?

Tbh I put olive oil on pretty much everything. It makes everything better. I should consider drizzling my future with it :')

I LOVE Olive oil. I cook with that and coconut oil now
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:24:56 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:20:53 PM, Hayd wrote:
And why?

I generally don't use it while I'm cooking. I never used oils when I cook, apart from when it comes to cooking tuna. As oil gives tuna a slightly richer taste and makes it less dry. I mostly use olive oil for pasta, bread, stuff like that. Something I also somehow put on almost everything is chicken seasoning for some reason? I put it on pasta, on fries, on mashed potatoes, on chicken, on fish...pretty much everything.
I've never really used coconut oil really, as it tends to be on the pricier side.

foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:25:57 PM
And why?

Also, does coconut oil have a strong coconut flavour to it? I never really tasted it, so I was just wondering.

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:28:24 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:25:57 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
And why?

Also, does coconut oil have a strong coconut flavour to it? I never really tasted it, so I was just wondering.

nope
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:30:00 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:28:24 PM, Hayd wrote:
And why?

nope

Oh that's interesting. I would've never guessed so

Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:30:51 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:24:56 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
And why?

I generally don't use it while I'm cooking. I never used oils when I cook, apart from when it comes to cooking tuna. As oil gives tuna a slightly richer taste and makes it less dry. I mostly use olive oil for pasta, bread, stuff like that. Something I also somehow put on almost everything is chicken seasoning for some reason? I put it on pasta, on fries, on mashed potatoes, on chicken, on fish...pretty much everything.
I've never really used coconut oil really, as it tends to be on the pricier side.

Ah, I like to fry stuff so I use it a lot. And I LOVE mashed potatoes, favorite food of all time. But I love dipping bread and stuff into olive oil. Theres also so many flavors of it too. Theres an olive mill near me that we go to sometimes, they gives tours of the farm and explain the process of making everything and then theres a beautiful garden to eat the food from their restraunt. Which they find a way to incorporate olive oil into everything and make it better that way. olive oil is god lol
Hayd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:31:20 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:30:00 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
At 7/27/2016 5:28:24 PM, Hayd wrote:
And why?

nope

Oh that's interesting. I would've never guessed so

Yeah, i can never taste a cocunut flavor in anything I cook with it
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 5:41:09 PM
At 7/27/2016 5:30:51 PM, Hayd wrote:
At 7/27/2016 5:24:56 PM, foxxhajti wrote:
And why?

Ah, I like to fry stuff so I use it a lot. And I LOVE mashed potatoes, favorite food of all time. But I love dipping bread and stuff into olive oil. Theres also so many flavors of it too. Theres an olive mill near me that we go to sometimes, they gives tours of the farm and explain the process of making everything and then theres a beautiful garden to eat the food from their restraunt. Which they find a way to incorporate olive oil into everything and make it better that way. olive oil is god lol

I fry lots of stuff as well, but I have one of those "special" non-stick pans, so I don't really need to use oil.
I used to use oil more often than now. I like bread with cheeslets and olives generally (and possibly a spritz of chicken seasoning, as usual?). Sometimes I also like buying olive bread from Lidl. It's the best bread ever in my opinion!
I don't really go to restaurants that often, but when I do, it's a restaurant that makes fish dishes.

missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2016 6:47:24 PM
And why?
I became vegetarian when I was about 15. I did it for moral reasons. After being vegetarian for over two years, I've realized that I feel more energized and that I don't miss meat all that much. I've been considering switching to veganism, even if it's brief.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO