BLM: Start like Martin End Like Malcolm

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 11:12:54 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
When the Movement Advocates Non-violence"
Martin Luther King began his movement in the 1955"s to 1968. He obtained worldwide media attention for his non-violent approach.

The outcome:
Other than ending the segregation on buses, the social and economical conditions remained relatively the same even to his death. The movement created changes in legislation including:

The civil rights act of 1964- banning discrimination of employment and public accommodation on the bases of race.

Voting Rights Act 1965- Restored and protected the right to vote.

Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965- Allows immigration of groups other than from European countries.

Fair Housing Act of 1968- This banned housing discrimination for sales and rentals.
"
Each of these laws were created, yet never implemented during Dr. King"s own life.
"
When the movement Advocates Self-defense Through Violence:
Malcolm X preached self-defense. Members of his organization roamed the streets freely, never to be harassed like the members who followed Dr. King. They were never water hosed in the streets or beaten upon when walking the street. They built and own their own stores, houses, and business. Malcolm X is assassinated in 1965. Leaders like Stokely Carmichael and the Black Panther Party began to follow in the footsteps of Malcolm X and began the call of Black power, Black Pride and self-defense in 1966.

The outcome:
No new legislation was passed. The masses of Black People still rejected the violent approach, but the movement of self-defense through violence continued to grow.
"
When a nonviolent movement merges with self-defense/violent movement
Martin Luther King"s non-violent approach continues to be challenged by the youth and other leaders. Marches seemed to lead nowhere except for more unfulfilled promises. The masses begin to go for violence and self-defense, including those who once believed in non-violence.

The outcome:
Riot after riot erupted as a result of the popularity of violent overthrow and self-defense. The people who once united for non-violence began to break into united groups and movements of violence and self-defense. Their speech became more militant and aggressive and they were willing to be violent, even in the face of death.

In 1966 while preparing to organize and plan a non-violent movement against housing and poverty issues in Chicago, the Black people of Chicago erupted and rioted just because the police turned off the fire hydrant during a hot day. In the same year, when freedom marches moved into white neighborhoods, white people became violent against the marchers and riot. Once televised, the masses became more encouraged to return violence with violence. Dr. King cancelled future marches due to the violence. Additionally, local leaders of Chicago broke from Dr. King and Jesse Jackson and organized a March of their own. When the whites struck the marches with violence and rocks, the marches picked up rocks".AND FOUGHT BACK.

In 1967 in Detroit Michigan, the people began to riot in the streets after being fed up with police brutality. It was in response to a police raid on an after hour club.

In 1967, Carl stokes becomes the first elected Black Mayor in office when he became mayor of Cleveland, Ohio. Richard Hatcher was the first elected Black mayor of a large city when he was elected in Gary Indiana, but took office later that year after Carl Stokes.

In 1968, students took over the Howard University administration building to force the administration to make the school a Black University, teaching Black curriculums. They camped out in the building for 5 days, refusing to move. Fearing violence, the University gave into their demands in 5 days.

In 1968, Dr. King takes his movement to Memphis, Tennessee to protest unemployment and unfair wages in Memphis through non-violence. By now the message of violence and self-defense became popularly adopted by the masses. As a result, members of the march in Memphis began to break from the march and riot, preaching Black Power. It was the first time ever that a march led by Dr. King became violent. This was the very last march led by him before his assassination.

In 1972, Black Leaders held Black National Convention in Gary Indiana, which was a City led by a Black Mayor. The goal was to set a Black agenda to set priorities for Black America.

1973 Maynard Jackson becomes the first Black Mayor of a large Southern City when he became Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia.

1980 The number of elected Black officials increased drastically, from 1,469 in 1970 to 4,912 in 1980. The increase was largely influenced by a campaign by Stokely Carmichael (Leader of SNCC) in 1965 to get people to register to vote in Lowndes County, Alabama to form their own Black political party. He was inspired by Malcolm X and his idea of Black Nationalism, and self-defense. The people who supported him began to support his militant approach and separate from Dr. King and his non-violent approach.

In conclusion, the timeline shows a drastic change and difference when a movement is solely based on non-violence and violence. When the movement is passive, promises are made but not implemented. When the movement is violent, little to nothing is done. Yet when the non-violent organize and passive resistant is adopted by the masses, the most effective change occurs when those same people are willing to resort to violence and self-defense if necessary.

Simply put, the solution to the Black Lives Matter Movement or any grassroots movement to force political change is to ...

Start like Martin. End Like Malcolm .
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 10:09:05 PM
BLM just added a new list of demands for the presidential candidates to consider...
https://policy.m4bl.org...

With the exception of reparations, the demands echo a vision of self sustainability and self accountability, which is a favorable condition for Black Americans to thrive on our own within American society.

There are two things that I would add and BLM supporters should consider:

1. End The War On Drugs, this would significantly impact and lower the incarceration rate of non-violent drug violators and assist in the decriminalization of non-violent black youth and police harassment would decline as well. The war on drugs is useless unless you consider incarcerating thousands of non-violent Black Americans an achievement, it's prohibition 2.0.

2. Stop voting Democrat, I hope that the other 95% Black Americans are finally waking up to the fact that the Democrats are the oppressors that you so adamantly complain about, and most of the ones crying oppression support Democrats! Stop supporting them!

-Lyndon Johnson, implemented a welfare state within the black community under the guise of the "Civil Rights Act" with the obvious agenda to keep blacks broken down and dependent upon the government and the Democratic party.

-The Clinton's put into effect the federal programs and sentencing guidelines under the "tough on crime" and "broken windows" style of policing that are responsible for putting many Black non-violent drug violators in prison for absurd extended sentences and terms.

And since you mentioned 'ending like Malcolm', I think it's appropriate to mention that he did not support the democratic party.

A buzz clip...
https://www.youtube.com...

And Martin, well he was neither a republican nor democrat, so...yeah. I would recommend considering Libertarian views, maximum freedom/minimum government.

If BLM finally stops fighting ghost issues, and focus on the core issues, they might actually make some progress.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 3:00:23 PM
At 8/4/2016 10:09:05 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
BLM just added a new list of demands for the presidential candidates to consider...

With the exception of reparations, the demands echo a vision of self sustainability and self accountability, which is a favorable condition for Black Americans to thrive on our own within American society.

1. End The War On Drugs, this would significantly impact and lower the incarceration rate of non-violent drug violators and assist in the decriminalization of non-violent black youth and police harassment would decline as well. The war on drugs is useless unless you consider incarcerating thousands of non-violent Black Americans an achievement, it's prohibition 2.0.

2. Stop voting Democrat, I hope that the other 95% Black Americans are finally waking up to the fact that the Democrats are the oppressors that you so adamantly complain about, and most of the ones crying oppression support Democrats! Stop supporting them!

-Lyndon Johnson, implemented a welfare state within the black community under the guise of the "Civil Rights Act" with the obvious agenda to keep blacks broken down and dependent upon the government and the Democratic party.

-The Clinton's put into effect the federal programs and sentencing guidelines under the "tough on crime" and "broken windows" style of policing that are responsible for putting many Black non-violent drug violators in prison for absurd extended sentences and terms.

And since you mentioned 'ending like Malcolm', I think it's appropriate to mention that he did not support the democratic party.

A buzz clip...

And Martin, well he was neither a republican nor democrat, so...yeah. I would recommend considering Libertarian views, maximum freedom/minimum government.

If BLM finally stops fighting ghost issues, and focus on the core issues, they might actually make some progress.

Actually I just read the whole proposition of the demands, I retract my statement concerning the demands of BLM, it's just another Marxist manifesto begging master Democrat to give them stuff...sigh, my mistake.

I stand by ending the war on drugs and ending democrat support, and adopting libertarian views and ending the fight against ghost issues (like police brutality).
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 11:20:54 AM

A buzz clip...

Response: BLM should do just like Malcolm X recommended and what Stokely Carmichael began after being inspired by Malcolm X, which is develop and organize their own political party. Hence the black power movement in the late 60's. When this party is large enough it will be able to get what it demands and if not, then that large party should become a large army.

Start like Martin. End like Malcolm.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 11:55:44 AM

1. End The War On Drugs,
2. Stop voting Democrat,

+1

Most Blacks vote for Democrats, and that needs to stop. The liberal welfare state is what really hurt the black community.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 4:38:37 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
At 8/5/2016 3:00:23 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

A buzz clip...

Actually I just read the whole proposition of the demands, I retract my statement concerning the demands of BLM, it's just another Marxist manifesto begging master Democrat to give them stuff...sigh, my mistake.

I stand by ending the war on drugs and ending democrat support, and adopting libertarian views and ending the fight against ghost issues (like police brutality).

I would agree with ending the war on drugs. People can have their genitals removed/altered, but they can't get high...wtf? Prohibition doesn't work and it criminalizes the poor.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2016 4:46:26 AM
At 8/5/2016 3:00:23 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

A buzz clip...

Kudos. Very well done.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 12:55:10 PM
At 8/4/2016 11:12:54 AM, Fatihah wrote:
When the Movement Advocates Non-violence"
Martin Luther King began his movement in the 1955"s to 1968. He obtained worldwide media attention for his non-violent approach.

The outcome:
Other than ending the segregation on buses, the social and economical conditions remained relatively the same even to his death. The movement created changes in legislation including:

The civil rights act of 1964- banning discrimination of employment and public accommodation on the bases of race.

Voting Rights Act 1965- Restored and protected the right to vote.

Immigration and Nationality Services Act of 1965- Allows immigration of groups other than from European countries.

Fair Housing Act of 1968- This banned housing discrimination for sales and rentals.
"
Each of these laws were created, yet never implemented during Dr. King"s own life.
"
When the movement Advocates Self-defense Through Violence:
Malcolm X preached self-defense. Members of his organization roamed the streets freely, never to be harassed like the members who followed Dr. King. They were never water hosed in the streets or beaten upon when walking the street. They built and own their own stores, houses, and business. Malcolm X is assassinated in 1965. Leaders like Stokely Carmichael and the Black Panther Party began to follow in the footsteps of Malcolm X and began the call of Black power, Black Pride and self-defense in 1966.

The outcome:
No new legislation was passed. The masses of Black People still rejected the violent approach, but the movement of self-defense through violence continued to grow.
"
When a nonviolent movement merges with self-defense/violent movement
Martin Luther King"s non-violent approach continues to be challenged by the youth and other leaders. Marches seemed to lead nowhere except for more unfulfilled promises. The masses begin to go for violence and self-defense, including those who once believed in non-violence.

The outcome:
Riot after riot erupted as a result of the popularity of violent overthrow and self-defense. The people who once united for non-violence began to break into united groups and movements of violence and self-defense. Their speech became more militant and aggressive and they were willing to be violent, even in the face of death.

In 1966 while preparing to organize and plan a non-violent movement against housing and poverty issues in Chicago, the Black people of Chicago erupted and rioted just because the police turned off the fire hydrant during a hot day. In the same year, when freedom marches moved into white neighborhoods, white people became violent against the marchers and riot. Once televised, the masses became more encouraged to return violence with violence. Dr. King cancelled future marches due to the violence. Additionally, local leaders of Chicago broke from Dr. King and Jesse Jackson and organized a March of their own. When the whites struck the marches with violence and rocks, the marches picked up rocks".AND FOUGHT BACK.

In 1967 in Detroit Michigan, the people began to riot in the streets after being fed up with police brutality. It was in response to a police raid on an after hour club.

In 1967, Carl stokes becomes the first elected Black Mayor in office when he became mayor of Cleveland, Ohio. Richard Hatcher was the first elected Black mayor of a large city when he was elected in Gary Indiana, but took office later that year after Carl Stokes.

In 1968, students took over the Howard University administration building to force the administration to make the school a Black University, teaching Black curriculums. They camped out in the building for 5 days, refusing to move. Fearing violence, the University gave into their demands in 5 days.

In 1968, Dr. King takes his movement to Memphis, Tennessee to protest unemployment and unfair wages in Memphis through non-violence. By now the message of violence and self-defense became popularly adopted by the masses. As a result, members of the march in Memphis began to break from the march and riot, preaching Black Power. It was the first time ever that a march led by Dr. King became violent. This was the very last march led by him before his assassination.

In 1972, Black Leaders held Black National Convention in Gary Indiana, which was a City led by a Black Mayor. The goal was to set a Black agenda to set priorities for Black America.

1973 Maynard Jackson becomes the first Black Mayor of a large Southern City when he became Mayor of Atlanta, Georgia.

1980 The number of elected Black officials increased drastically, from 1,469 in 1970 to 4,912 in 1980. The increase was largely influenced by a campaign by Stokely Carmichael (Leader of SNCC) in 1965 to get people to register to vote in Lowndes County, Alabama to form their own Black political party. He was inspired by Malcolm X and his idea of Black Nationalism, and self-defense. The people who supported him began to support his militant approach and separate from Dr. King and his non-violent approach.

In conclusion, the timeline shows a drastic change and difference when a movement is solely based on non-violence and violence. When the movement is passive, promises are made but not implemented. When the movement is violent, little to nothing is done. Yet when the non-violent organize and passive resistant is adopted by the masses, the most effective change occurs when those same people are willing to resort to violence and self-defense if necessary.

Simply put, the solution to the Black Lives Matter Movement or any grassroots movement to force political change is to ...

Start like Martin. End Like Malcolm .

Interesting post