Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Global climate change is real and a threat.

Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 11:14:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
My garden and I are enjoying the extra life giving warmth. I hope nobody reverts these changes.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Mr.Wonderful
Posts: 114
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/13/2016 11:31:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

What is the point to arguing? Yes, the climate is changing like it always has and always will... the hole in the ozone has nearly completely healed. The CO2 emissions theories are being largely debunked. The ice caps have begun to increase in density again. Global warming was proven to be a figment in the imaginings of extortionists like Al Gore who has done his best to remain mostly in hiding given the sheer amount of wealthy and powerful individuals lost money due to his schemes. Its offensive how many people who identify themselves as scientists throw the scientific method out the window whenever cold hard cash enters the equation. You expect professional business people making millions if not billions of dollars to sit and entertain a fairy tale? Well... the government beat you to the punch... and they that money elsewhere as a result. How much more damage needs to be done in the name of the environment? The U.S. isn't even a major polluter... go to China, India, or Brazil if you want to see pollution (you know those countries that college professors like to hold up as a shining beacon of prosperity). Go and see for yourself... then get back to me.

Yes, the climate changes... it always has... just like there will always be people like Barrack Obama and Al Gore looking to create hysteria to further their own evil and power-hungry agenda to increase taxation so they can support their lifestyle. Businesses have made great sacrifices to adhere to strict EPA standards in the United States and those that couldn't sent their manufacturing overseas... and millions of Americans lost their jobs as a result.

I got a challenge for Obama... can he for just one day stop being a lying, thieving, scumbag? I mean just for 24 hours... can't be that hard right? I mean... I think he needs to be called out... he has wasted more money and accomplished less good for the country than any president is history... including Bush and Carter.
Peepette
Posts: 1,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 12:15:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Climate change for the hotter is real. Scientist may disagree on rates of change but the change is occurring. I live in the New England range. We had three weeks of 90+ degree temperatures and drought. Last year was similar. My veggie crops have burnt and withered. I loose plants daily due to the abnormal high temps. If I wanted to live at the equator with these tempts I would, the temps have come to me.
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 12:23:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2016 12:15:24 AM, Peepette wrote:
Climate change for the hotter is real. Scientist may disagree on rates of change but the change is occurring. I live in the New England range. We had three weeks of 90+ degree temperatures and drought. Last year was similar. My veggie crops have burnt and withered. I loose plants daily due to the abnormal high temps. If I wanted to live at the equator with these tempts I would, the temps have come to me.

The Canadians must be celebrating their new lands, previously buried in snow.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Peepette
Posts: 1,498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 12:38:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2016 12:23:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/14/2016 12:15:24 AM, Peepette wrote:
Climate change for the hotter is real. Scientist may disagree on rates of change but the change is occurring. I live in the New England range. We had three weeks of 90+ degree temperatures and drought. Last year was similar. My veggie crops have burnt and withered. I loose plants daily due to the abnormal high temps. If I wanted to live at the equator with these tempts I would, the temps have come to me.

The Canadians must be celebrating their new lands, previously buried in snow.

Permafrost regions are melting and emitting Co2 at alarming rates. Cousins in Manitoba are successfully growing tomatoes, which they should not be able.
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 1:35:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2016 12:38:42 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 8/14/2016 12:23:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/14/2016 12:15:24 AM, Peepette wrote:
Climate change for the hotter is real. Scientist may disagree on rates of change but the change is occurring. I live in the New England range. We had three weeks of 90+ degree temperatures and drought. Last year was similar. My veggie crops have burnt and withered. I loose plants daily due to the abnormal high temps. If I wanted to live at the equator with these tempts I would, the temps have come to me.

The Canadians must be celebrating their new lands, previously buried in snow.

Permafrost regions are melting and emitting Co2 at alarming rates. Cousins in Manitoba are successfully growing tomatoes, which they should not be able.

Canada will be the new eden, ripe for invasion.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 2:03:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/14/2016 12:38:42 AM, Peepette wrote:
At 8/14/2016 12:23:39 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/14/2016 12:15:24 AM, Peepette wrote:
Climate change for the hotter is real. Scientist may disagree on rates of change but the change is occurring. I live in the New England range. We had three weeks of 90+ degree temperatures and drought. Last year was similar. My veggie crops have burnt and withered. I loose plants daily due to the abnormal high temps. If I wanted to live at the equator with these tempts I would, the temps have come to me.

The Canadians must be celebrating their new lands, previously buried in snow.

Permafrost regions are melting and emitting Co2 at alarming rates. Cousins in Manitoba are successfully growing tomatoes, which they should not be able.

http://www.ctvnews.ca...
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 2:51:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
" the hole in the ozone has nearly completely healed. The CO2 emissions theories are being largely debunked." Mrwonderful

The hole in the ozone layer has been healed due to banning ozone damaging products like hairspray. As for Co2 emissions what are you talking about we are about to break the record for mankind at 400 ppm? Soon the Co2 concentrations will be even higher.

http://www.climatecentral.org...
Willows
Posts: 5,831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 2:30:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

The science is not conclusive one way or another since there are so many variables but regardless we are now waking up to the fact that there are better, smarter and more efficient ways of doing things.
One person causing volatile, toxic explosions 200,000 times in a moving metal box just to get to a shopping centre is not very smart.
We are learning and getting better and heading in the right direction by thinking more about the consequences of our actions.
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 6:31:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Willows you are in stage 1a of climate change denial.

Your response sounds like this

"Objection: Even the scientists don"t know that the climate is changing more than normal and if it"s our fault or not. If you read what they write it is full of "probably," "likely," "evidence of" and all kinds of qualifiers. If they don"t know for sure, why should we worry yet?"

There are no absolute certainties in science. We don't know for 100% sure that humans exist. So a scientist would say humans probably exist. Yes, climate change is almost certainty happening. I'd say the probability of climate change is about the same as humans existing.

http://grist.org...
http://grist.org...
bhakun
Posts: 231
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 7:58:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com...

Watch this video and you will see why climate change denial has caught so much traction.
"We must rapidly begin the shift from a "thing-oriented" society to a "person-oriented" society. When machines and computers, profit motives and property rights are considered more important than people, the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism are incapable of being conquered." -MLK Jr
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 9:13:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Gray Parrot I am appalled that you find humor in your warm garden. These changes are happening too fast. Every time temperature rapidly changes we go through a mass extinction. We are already going through a mass extinction at this very moment.

To top it off the pentagon has declare that climate change is a security risk. Bill Nye the science guy claims that climate change was a major contributing factor in the Paris attacks. That terrorists are exploiting farmers who have no water and recruiting them.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 6:24:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

I think that human industrial activities must be some effect on our climate. That being said, some of it is overblown.
For instance, they say that the earth is getting hotter. Okay, sure. But THEN they went as far to say that 2016 is the hottest year on record. I am being honest whenever I say that this year didn't feel any hotter to me than the other years of my life so far. Anecdotal evidence certainly isn't the final indicator of this stuff, but if there's a vast disconnect between what the experts say and what people like me experience, they'd better have an explanation for that.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 6:26:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
That being said, 140 degree temperatures in parts of Iran is certainly a good start in proving the "hottest year on record" claim.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 6:50:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
See chart, we are increasing in temperature consistently each year. Remember 93.4% of warming goes into the ocean. This is logical considering 70% of the Earth is water and water has a high temperature of change.

http://static.skepticalscience.com...
http://www.skepticalscience.com...
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:16:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2016 6:50:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
See chart, we are increasing in temperature consistently each year. Remember 93.4% of warming goes into the ocean. This is logical considering 70% of the Earth is water and water has a high temperature of change.


http://static.skepticalscience.com...
http://www.skepticalscience.com...

Okay, fair enough.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:37:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/13/2016 11:31:59 PM, Mr.Wonderful wrote:
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

What is the point to arguing? Yes, the climate is changing like it always has and always will... the hole in the ozone has nearly completely healed. The CO2 emissions theories are being largely debunked. The ice caps have begun to increase in density again. Global warming was proven to be a figment in the imaginings of extortionists like Al Gore who has done his best to remain mostly in hiding given the sheer amount of wealthy and powerful individuals lost money due to his schemes. Its offensive how many people who identify themselves as scientists throw the scientific method out the window whenever cold hard cash enters the equation. You expect professional business people making millions if not billions of dollars to sit and entertain a fairy tale? Well... the government beat you to the punch... and they that money elsewhere as a result. How much more damage needs to be done in the name of the environment? The U.S. isn't even a major polluter... go to China, India, or Brazil if you want to see pollution (you know those countries that college professors like to hold up as a shining beacon of prosperity). Go and see for yourself... then get back to me.

Yes, the climate changes... it always has... just like there will always be people like Barrack Obama and Al Gore looking to create hysteria to further their own evil and power-hungry agenda to increase taxation so they can support their lifestyle. Businesses have made great sacrifices to adhere to strict EPA standards in the United States and those that couldn't sent their manufacturing overseas... and millions of Americans lost their jobs as a result.

I got a challenge for Obama... can he for just one day stop being a lying, thieving, scumbag? I mean just for 24 hours... can't be that hard right? I mean... I think he needs to be called out... he has wasted more money and accomplished less good for the country than any president is history... including Bush and Carter.

+1
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:39:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

I note the Gnostic wants to quote "Pope" Francis when it suits his agenda to do so. He is a Marxist nut job.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Posts: 422
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:40:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/21/2016 7:39:23 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

I note the Gnostic wants to quote "Pope" Francis when it suits his agenda to do so. He is a Marxist nut job.

....as in Jorge Bergoglio is a Marxist job.
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2016 7:57:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Throwback

What are you talking about, you seem to be resorting to ad hominem attacks rather than using science and reason to prove your point.

"Person x is a Marxist" is attacking the character of the person rather than the argument itself.

http://literarydevices.net...
Chloe8
Posts: 3,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2016 9:28:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

I don't deny global warming is happening. It's a fact. Is there anything I or anyone else can do about it? In my opinion no. Let nature take its course. Prepare for potential changes rather than try to artificially change things. As a citizen of the UK some extra heat would be welcomed. It's not something that's a significant concern to me personally.
NewLifeChristian
Posts: 1,236
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2016 5:16:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science
Alright.
and pope Francis confirm this.
And this matters?
I don't understand climate change deniers.
I don't think many people deny that the climate is changing, although is climate change caused by man? This is the real question.
They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.
No, they do argue.
Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.
Force?
https://www.barackobama.com...#/
Looks like a hit list.
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2017 7:27:08 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 8/25/2016 9:28:50 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.


https://www.barackobama.com...#/

I don't deny global warming is happening. It's a fact. Is there anything I or anyone else can do about it? In my opinion no. Let nature take its course. Prepare for potential changes rather than try to artificially change things. As a citizen of the UK some extra heat would be welcomed. It's not something that's a significant concern to me personally.

The main driver of climate change is burning of fossil fuels that spew Co2 into the atmosphere.

Personal choices that help with climate change.
Eat environmentally, vegetarian, vegan, local, or even grow your own food.
Used car instead of new, walk and bike more.
Energy efficient light bulbs, Leds and CFLs.
Turn off extra lights

Government regulations that could help
Carbon tax.
carbon cap.

Free market approaches
Deregulation of nuclear power plants.
Stupidape
Posts: 312
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2017 7:28:20 AM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 8/30/2016 5:16:07 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science
Alright.
and pope Francis confirm this.
And this matters?
I don't understand climate change deniers.
I don't think many people deny that the climate is changing, although is climate change caused by man? This is the real question.
They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.
No, they do argue.
Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.
Force?
https://www.barackobama.com...#/
Looks like a hit list.

The human fingerprints clearly indicate humans are responsible.

https://skepticalscience.com...
kevin24018
Posts: 3,475
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2017 1:48:56 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 8/14/2016 2:51:41 AM, Stupidape wrote:
" the hole in the ozone has nearly completely healed. The CO2 emissions theories are being largely debunked." Mrwonderful

The hole in the ozone layer has been healed due to banning ozone damaging products like hairspray. As for Co2 emissions what are you talking about we are about to break the record for mankind at 400 ppm? Soon the Co2 concentrations will be even higher.

http://www.climatecentral.org...

don't plants use CO2 and give off oxygen? I mean they have CO2 producing equipment they use in greenhouses. Raise more plants to use the CO2.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 2,653
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2017 2:04:58 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 8/13/2016 11:14:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
My garden and I are enjoying the extra life giving warmth. I hope nobody reverts these changes.

My garden has never looked so good either, I'm hoping to start growing oranges in New York State soon, and my back feels better not having to shovel snow anymore. I won't have to go away to Florida on vacation soon.

Love global warning!!!
Greyparrot
Posts: 17,591
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2017 3:19:58 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 3/1/2017 2:04:58 PM, FanboyMctroll wrote:
At 8/13/2016 11:14:44 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
My garden and I are enjoying the extra life giving warmth. I hope nobody reverts these changes.

My garden has never looked so good either, I'm hoping to start growing oranges in New York State soon, and my back feels better not having to shovel snow anymore. I won't have to go away to Florida on vacation soon.

Love global warming!!!

97% of the scientists agree that there is no consensus on the optimal average global temperature.
I find myself intrigued by your subvocal oscillations.
A singular development of cat communications
That obviates your basic hedonistic predilection,
For a rhythmic stroking of your fur to demonstrate affection.
FanboyMctroll
Posts: 2,653
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2017 3:47:21 PM
Posted: 6 months ago
At 8/13/2016 10:42:35 PM, Stupidape wrote:
Both science and pope Francis confirm this. I don't understand climate change deniers. They seem to think they can sit back and not argue back. Simply by ignoring these statements while being in the popular opinion and scientific minority, they are losing ground. I can only conclude that are stalling so that mega conglomerates of corporations can make more money.

Therefore, I suggest escalating the conflict and calling out climate change deniers. Force them to make an argument. Thank you for reading.

https://www.barackobama.com...#/

We have had 2 ice ages in the past, to have those you need extreme weather change, we have also seen extreme melts from those ice ages and this is way before any factories or significant populations, so the climate does change over thousands of years. So why would it be any different now?

Is this some subconscious way of shaming people into saying that we are messing up the climate and to cut back on pollution. If that is the case, go voice your complain to China, the country under the 365 day smog alert.