Jump to topic:

To LGBTQ People...

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 7:40:11 AM
Posted: 3 months ago
...do you think, if given the choice, you would have chosen to be LGBTQ when you first realized your sexual orientation/identity? If given the choice right now, would you switch to a different sexual orientation/identity?

As a gay man myself, this question, and how other LGBTQ people might respond to it, is interesting, and I am interested in seeing the responses.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

"[Bsh1] is the Guinan of DDO." - ButterCatX

Follow the DDOlympics
: http://www.debate.org...

Open Debate Topics Project: http://www.debate.org...
gdirulez
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 8:46:07 AM
I'm gay and I would have to say no, though I'm sure that has to do with the fact that I live in the Netherlands where it is accepted to be gay and where it has been legal to marry between 2 humans of the same sex for quite a long time now, I've never had to deal with any discrimination when it comes to my sexuality

I imagine if I lived in for example Africa I most certainly would have wished I wasn't gay considering the severe discrimination that takes place there, same as for example Russia.
ShaneMcG
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 12:43:14 PM
Interesting topic. I'm a trans man, but if I had a choice I would choose to be a cis man. However, I am torn about that. I want to get to the point where I can embrace the fact that I'm trans and really be proud of it, but it's hard because I've wanted to be a cis guy all my life. I'm not there yet, so as of now I would choose to be a cis man.
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2016 11:32:50 PM
At 8/14/2016 7:40:11 AM, bsh1 wrote:
...do you think, if given the choice, you would have chosen to be LGBTQ when you first realized your sexual orientation/identity? If given the choice right now, would you switch to a different sexual orientation/identity?

As a gay man myself, this question, and how other LGBTQ people might respond to it, is interesting, and I am interested in seeing the responses.

This is a question that I have always asked myself. If I was able to be straight, I certainly would not choose to be straight. I love my fianc" and we are very happy together.
ThinkBig
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notable Notes and Quotable Quotes
"I GOT SIG'D"
"WELL FVCK ME IN THE A$SHOLE AND CALL ME A CUCK I GOT SIG'D AGAIN"
-Kiri
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig.
-7th
Need a judge or vote? Nominate me!!
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:04:55 AM
At 8/14/2016 8:46:07 AM, gdirulez wrote:
I imagine if I lived in for example Africa I most certainly would have wished I wasn't gay considering the severe discrimination that takes place there, same as for example Russia.

I think this is likely true for many people, unfortunately.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

"Twilight isn't just about obtuse metaphors between cannibalism and premarital sex, it also teaches us the futility of hope." - Raisor

Follow the DDOlympics

bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:05:15 AM
At 8/14/2016 11:32:50 PM, ThinkBig wrote:

This is a question that I have always asked myself. If I was able to be straight, I certainly would not choose to be straight. I love my fianc" and we are very happy together.

That's wonderful :)
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:08:55 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:05:15 AM, bsh1 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I have noticed that there is a high number of LGBT representation on debate.org.

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

and I'm sure many others. For a site that is relatively small, we do have lots of active LGBT members.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:10:18 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:08:55 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I have noticed that there is a high number of LGBT representation on debate.org.

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

Ore and Bluesteel are straight guys.

But there are other gay men on this site. YYW. 1harderthanyouthink. Also, Peters is lesbian.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:11:23 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:10:18 AM, bsh1 wrote:

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

But there are other gay men on this site. YYW. 1harderthanyouthink. Also, Peters is lesbian.

So at least 8 active LGBT members. Funny you should mention that as I was considering making a thread about LGBT members of DDO
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:12:39 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:11:23 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

So at least 8 active LGBT members. Funny you should mention that as I was considering making a thread about LGBT members of DDO

You should add Skep to that list.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics

ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:13:43 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:12:39 AM, bsh1 wrote:

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

Which makes 9...
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:40:19 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:13:43 AM, ThinkBig wrote:

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

Which makes 9...
We also have Cobalt and myself, which makes 11.
~missbailey8~

Me: What is the weirdest thing I have ever done?
Solon: Agreeing to date me.

Skep: Bailey, you have sardonic written all over your face.
Annie: She has gorgeous written all over her face!

"[M]en are weak. All of us are weak."
-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
ThinkBig
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:41:07 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:40:19 AM, missbailey8 wrote:

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

Which makes 9...

I already posted cobalt, but was unaware of you. So we have 10. We almost have enough to make an LGBT tournament.
ThinkBig
"I GOT SIG'D"
-Kiri
-7th
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:42:59 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:41:07 AM, ThinkBig wrote:
At 8/15/2016 1:40:19 AM, missbailey8 wrote:

-Bsh1
-ThinkBig (myself)
-Cobalt
-Danielle
-Ore_Ele
-Bluesteel

Which makes 9...

I already posted cobalt, but was unaware of you. So we have 10. We almost have enough to make an LGBT tournament.
I'd be down for that lol.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

If you ever just want someone to vent, rant, or discuss anything troubling you, my PMs are always open. Have a fabulous day!

The Clown Queen of DDO
missbailey8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:45:09 AM

That's certainly a difficult question. However, if given the choice, I'd probably still be a lesbian. Even though I have received some negativity about my sexuality in the past, living in America and being gay is much easier than someplace else like Russia or Nigeria.
~missbailey8~

-Fatihah

The Clown Queen of DDO
bsh1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2016 1:58:20 AM
At 8/15/2016 1:45:09 AM, missbailey8 wrote:

That's certainly a difficult question. However, if given the choice, I'd probably still be a lesbian. Even though I have received some negativity about my sexuality in the past, living in America and being gay is much easier than someplace else like Russia or Nigeria.

Very true.
Live Long and Prosper

I'm a Bish.

Follow the DDOlympics