Jump to topic:

The Majority of America is Stupid

HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 4:24:15 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
That's right. I said the majority. Becuase it just so happens that there is a small minority of Americans and they just so happened to all be conveniently placed in DDO and they all claim to be smart. And all these so called "smart Americans" will give me flak if I say all Americans are stupid. Becuase these "smart Americans" on DDO claim to be smart. I have my doubts but I will say this to be safe. The majority of Americans are stupid. They just are. Look at American politics. 300 million people and plus and they managed to vote in a criminal and a lunatic to run for president. Bravo Americans, I applaud you. Honestly I have this theory and I call it The American Theory. The American Theory is that all the idiots in the world and all the idiots that will ever be, all group in America. And so far, my theory is proving to be true. Try to prove me wrong. Of course if you're an American, good luck.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 4:58:56 PM
At 8/16/2016 4:24:15 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
That's right. I said the majority. Becuase it just so happens that there is a small minority of Americans and they just so happened to all be conveniently placed in DDO and they all claim to be smart. And all these so called "smart Americans" will give me flak if I say all Americans are stupid. Becuase these "smart Americans" on DDO claim to be smart. I have my doubts but I will say this to be safe. The majority of Americans are stupid. They just are. Look at American politics. 300 million people and plus and they managed to vote in a criminal and a lunatic to run for president. Bravo Americans, I applaud you. Honestly I have this theory and I call it The American Theory. The American Theory is that all the idiots in the world and all the idiots that will ever be, all group in America. And so far, my theory is proving to be true. Try to prove me wrong. Of course if you're an American, good luck.

We didn't exactly vote in a criminal and a lunatic, at least not on purpose. A majority of it sparked like this:
-Two candidates out of several seem to speak out more, and grab attention.
-Several people like their ideas and decide to support them
-Because of their popularity, other candidates drop out because they're sure that they can't win
-Voters who didn't support the popular candidates start deciding that they will support them, since they think that it'll split the vote otherwise, and they don't want the other
-Every other candidate slowly drops out until 2 remain
-Now, voters are tied between the two, and instead of choosing which one is the best for the country, they have to choose who will be the better of the two.

Oh, and I'm not disagreeing with you ;P
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 5:44:27 PM
At 8/16/2016 4:58:56 PM, Vaarka wrote:

We didn't exactly vote in a criminal and a lunatic, at least not on purpose. A majority of it sparked like this:
-Because of their popularity, other candidates drop out because they're sure that they can't win
-Voters who didn't support the popular candidates start deciding that they will support them, since they think that it'll split the vote otherwise, and they don't want the other
-Now, voters are tied between the two, and instead of choosing which one is the best for the country, they have to choose who will be the better of the two.

Yes, but the majority had to vote for those two for them to beat their opponents.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 5:46:26 PM
At 8/16/2016 5:44:27 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

Yes, but the majority had to vote for those two for them to beat their opponents.

The majority of voters did. Important distinction on that.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 6:01:51 PM
At 8/16/2016 5:44:27 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

However, some of the things they did that gained your views on them had yet to arise when they started gaining popularity.
But your only real point here is that Americans are stupid because they're voting in idiots.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 6:05:33 PM

Also, (gonna add this up to your post) only 9% of the population has possibly chosen Trump and Clinton as nominees. (Don't know if this is true, but it's a possibility)

http://www.nytimes.com...
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
lawlypants
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 8:04:21 PM

Political talk = conjectural talk. Politics tries to explain how human beings behave and why they behave that way etc. Human beings have free-will, their behavior will never be 100% predictable like other things such as classical physics. As such, I personally consider politics, psychology, psychiatry, etc, pseudo-sciences and illogical and simpleton attempts at trying to explain peoples intentions and behaviors away with generalizing statements and conjectural understandings of events and locations without ever having been their personally.

Another person, Mike Tyson has an additional theory. He might be aggressive and etc and a boxer but what he described in the following video is just as plausible a theory as "most americans are stupid". Mike Tyson says, maybe some "americans" are just fed up with all the b*llsh*t and want something new. Vote a clown into office and make it a complete circus show, and then kick back and enjoy the clown show. Voting in Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton could be peoples way of saying that the US is a f***in joke, so yes, vote one of these clowns into office, f*** it.

source: https://www.youtube.com...
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 10:37:00 PM
I sure that most of the American public is aware that the two candidates we now have running for president are jokes. But our political system is broke and no one we do elect does anything to change it. Those in office like the status quo. Until there can be a large influx of honest civic minded people who want to change the system, everything will remain the same. Most people who want to run as an independent don't do well because they do not have the infrastructure of the Dem. and Rep parties. Independents cannot raise enough money to buy air time and the networks pretty much ignore them in the news. We all know those who get the most money win, and those who give big money want favors. The deck is stacked against the will of the people and we make the best choice we can with what is presented.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 10:40:06 PM

"The Majority of America is Stupid"

(That was a profundity).
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2016 10:56:39 PM

You are completely right, we have the progressives and the southerners, both are complete idiots. Now progressiveness is all through schools too, teachers just leave their kids in that echo chamber and it makes more of america stupid. Southerners are just kids of people who want segregation again. As an american, I find Hillary vs Trump an insult to our nation. You can tell about 20% feel that way with voting 3rd party, and there has never been an election where the candidates have been polled as disliked and untrustworthy as the 2.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:45:23 AM

Depending on the source, the average IQ of the American population is about 99 or 98. 100 is about average, so I think it is fair to say that the average American is of average intelligence.

(Best source:)https://iq-research.info...
(Okay source:)http://www.statisticbrain.com...

Side note: Average IQ of Canada is about 97-99 dependent on source!

So, I would like you to write up a 500 word apology to the "Society" section of DDO, explaining your mistake and how you will better yourself in the future, thanks.
Meh!
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:56:13 AM

What is your educational background?
keithprosser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:35:32 AM
At 8/17/2016 12:45:23 AM, Axonly wrote:

So, I would like you to write up a 500 word apology to the "Society" section of DDO, explaining your mistake and how you will better yourself in the future, thanks.

Well, you could say that being only average is 'stupid', if you were comparing people with, say, the hyper-intelligent slime-pandas of planet Zog, but that would make the majority of every nation stupid, not just America. Which I may or may not agree is the case.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:41:20 AM

The majority of the human race is stupid. Why narrow it down to only Americans?
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:08:25 AM
At 8/17/2016 2:41:20 AM, Heterodox wrote:

The majority of the human race is stupid. Why narrow it down to only Americans?

Exactly, but compared to their international peers, the majority of America's students aren't up to par.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 3:22:36 AM

Depending on the source, the average IQ of the American population is about 99 or 98. 100 is about average, so I think it is fair to say that the average American is of average intelligence.

Wow, Americans IQ's are just a tiny bit below average. That is incredibly sad for a country that is supposedly the most advanced. You would think that for a country that has as much military power as America does would be on average above average but no. If America is of average intelligence, considering the fact that America is 17 in educational performances and 2 in most ignorant to social stats, it's safe to say that there is a whole group of people smarter than America. And since the average American is the majority of America, compared to others, the majority of Americans are stupid. But of course I'll write an apology. Don't worry, maybe I'll dedicate it to you.
Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 4:45:47 AM
At 8/17/2016 3:22:36 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

Wow, Americans IQ's are just a tiny bit below average. That is incredibly sad for a country that is supposedly the most advanced. You would think that for a country that has as much military power as America does would be on average above average but no. If America is of average intelligence, considering the fact that America is 17 in educational performances and 2 in most ignorant to social stats, it's safe to say that there is a whole group of people smarter than America. And since the average American is the majority of America, compared to others, the majority of Americans are stupid. But of course I'll write an apology. Don't worry, maybe I'll dedicate it to you.

Statistically speaking, one-two points below average is insignificant. I assume you will go and pull this crap on Canada and all other ones below average?
Meh!
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 6:57:15 AM

Where does your country of residence, North Korea, come in these tables?
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 10:25:41 AM
As I observe it, Americans are way too comfortable in our first world way of life, and yes too stupid to realize that it can all come crashing down faster than we think.

Americans put too much trust in the government, and now that trust is descending USA into hell dragging the citizens down with it.

USA is in dire need of a shake down! Our government has gone way off it's intended path and requires calibration, so now and I think that's why people on the right support Donald Trump, while the people on the left support Bernie Sanders the "anti-establishment " candidates that could give USA that much needed wake up slap to the face that would help put the government back in it's proper place.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:51:15 PM
At 8/17/2016 4:45:47 AM, Axonly wrote:

Statistically speaking, one-two points below average is insignificant. I assume you will go and pull this crap on Canada and all other ones below average?

Actually it is important otherwise all these countries would just be the same.
http://www.therichest.com...
This was written in 2014.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 12:54:50 PM
At 8/17/2016 6:57:15 AM, desmac wrote:

Based upon this.
We're third. :) Guess America's one of the stupidest. I haven't met all 300 million plus people in America, but based upon the average North Korean and the average American, I smarter. So the majority of Americans compared to North Korea are stupid. And that's extremely sad.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:10:35 PM
At 8/17/2016 12:54:50 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

Based upon this.
We're third. :) Guess America's one of the stupidest. I haven't met all 300 million plus people in America, but based upon the average North Korean and the average American, I smarter. So the majority of Americans compared to North Korea are stupid. And that's extremely sad.

According to the link you have provided, North Korea is not in the top 10. # 3 in that list is Japan, with South Korea at # 2
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:14:37 PM

This an interesting claim. It depends on your definition of smart. Smart is subjective. It's like saying the majority of Asians are short. Short compared to what? You are basing our collective intelligence on our current candidates for President. This is dumb for a couple of reasons.
1) The President has very little power, although often overstepped. Legislature is often more important and is actually what kept Obama mostly contained for 8 years.
2) According to the Fairvote.org only 30% of Americans voted in the primaries. According NYT only 9% of Americans voted Hillary or Trump. So not a majority.
3) Politics is one aspect of social intelligence. I haven't seen the demographic breakdown of voters, but the breakdown probably wouldn't be too surprising.

The only reason Canada lives so comfortably is because of American military power. You're Welcome.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:32:36 PM
At 8/17/2016 1:10:35 PM, desmac wrote:

Based upon this.

According to the link you have provided, North Korea is not in the top 10. # 3 in that list is Japan, with South Korea at # 2

https://www.google.ca...
Their average is 106. Maybe if you had a higher IQ, you would have discovered this on your own.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:39:13 PM
At 8/17/2016 1:14:37 PM, Robkwoods wrote:

This an interesting claim. It depends on your definition of smart. Smart is subjective. It's like saying the majority of Asians are short. Short compared to what? You are basing our collective intelligence on our current candidates for President. This is dumb for a couple of reasons.
1) The President has very little power, although often overstepped. Legislature is often more important and is actually what kept Obama mostly contained for 8 years.
2) According to the Fairvote.org only 30% of Americans voted in the primaries. According NYT only 9% of Americans voted Hillary or Trump. So not a majority.
3) Politics is one aspect of social intelligence. I haven't seen the demographic breakdown of voters, but the breakdown probably wouldn't be too surprising.

The only reason Canada lives so comfortably is because of American military power. You're Welcome.
I'm welcome for what? The fact that America senselessly throws its sons and daughters lives away to a military that only spits back a couple million dollars to high military officials. The fact that America has a terrible health care system that is incredibly over exspensive. The fact that America ranks number one in infant mortality even though it always likes to boast how advanced it is. The fact that doesn't even have good education. The fact that America's is in massive debt. More than a trillion dollars in US treasury is owned by China an more than a trillion dollars in US treasury is owned in Japan. So tell me, how great so you think America is? How many countries wish to be like you?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 1:39:38 PM
At 8/17/2016 1:32:36 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:10:35 PM, desmac wrote:

Based upon this.

https://www.google.ca...
Their average is 106. Maybe if you had a higher IQ, you would have discovered this on your own.

Why provide a link which makes no mention of North Korea?

I see that the figure you quote is a "guestimate" as no testing was allowed in Nort Korea.

http://skeptics.stackexchange.com...
Robkwoods
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 2:09:23 PM
At 8/17/2016 1:39:13 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

I'm welcome for what? The fact that America senselessly throws its sons and daughters lives away to a military that only spits back a couple million dollars to high military officials. The fact that America has a terrible health care system that is incredibly over exspensive. The fact that America ranks number one in infant mortality even though it always likes to boast how advanced it is. The fact that doesn't even have good education. The fact that America's is in massive debt. More than a trillion dollars in US treasury is owned by China an more than a trillion dollars in US treasury is owned in Japan. So tell me, how great so you think America is? How many countries wish to be like you?

I just said it. The American military is why most western culture in the world lives such a cush life. The only reason Canada is not a Muslim waste land is because 1) It's cold 2) You are attached the U.S.A.. You're Welcome.
America's Medical system is the best in the world. No other country has the Cancer tech we do, and when you control for traumatic hospitalizations the U.S.A is #1 in life expectancy. The reason the health care is so expensive is because of the monopoly the AMA has.
The infant mortality rate has a lot to do with the U.S. being the most obese nation in the world. Actually I believe we are #2 now.
Yeah government education sucks. We are working on that one. I would much rather people develop skills than get an "education".
Debt is a problem that can be fixed. I am not up to date on the China Japan situation.
Tell me why you think Canada is so great. Why aren't people immigrating there in droves? America was founded on the Idea of Individual Freedom. That is why it is so great. We'll make a comeback. It took a long time to get here.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2016 4:38:21 PM
At 8/17/2016 2:09:23 PM, Robkwoods wrote:
At 8/17/2016 1:39:13 PM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

I just said it. The American military is why most western culture in the world lives such a cush life. The only reason Canada is not a Muslim waste land is because 1) It's cold 2) You are attached the U.S.A.. You're Welcome.
Really? Or maybe it's becuase Canada is actually polite and doesn't piss everyone off. Canada probably likes your protection though. Nice of you to offer such a free gift to them.
America's Medical system is the best in the world.
And yet you're ranked 37 by WHO and its in heated debate whether your the worst health care system of the developed world.
No other country has the Cancer tech we do, and when you control for traumatic hospitalizations the U.S.A is #1 in life expectancy. The reason the health care is so expensive is because of the monopoly the AMA has.
Is America's health care system the best? Considering that Japan actually has the highest life expectancy I think, no it's not. The reason health care in America is so expensive is becuase America cares more about money than actually saving lives.
The infant mortality rate has a lot to do with the U.S. being the most obese nation in the world. Actually I believe we are #2 now.
Wow, congratulations for being #2 in infant mortality!!!!! You have such a great health care system. Not.
Yeah government education sucks. We are working on that one. I would much rather people develop skills than get an "education".
Yes, maybe that's why the majority of Americans are stupid. Too busy acquiring video gaming "skills" are you.
Debt is a problem that can be fixed. I am not up to date on the China Japan situation.
You are in debt to them by about 2.3 trillion dollars. Yes, that is so easily fixed when you have people like Donald Trump running for president. Hey, at least he's a business man.
Tell me why you think Canada is so great. Why aren't people immigrating there in droves? America was founded on the Idea of Individual Freedom. That is why it is so great. We'll make a comeback. It took a long time to get here.
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD YOU ARE SO HILARIOUS!!!!!!! America was founded on freedom. That is the greatest joke I have ever heard today. When I said the majority of Americans are stupid, I wasn't joking. So tell me, do they teach American children history? What do they teach their children when it comes to history? That America was founded by freedom? Well that's a lie. Funny that most Americans believe too. America was founded by slavery. I've never heard of slavery equating freedom. Must be the newest hoax America's been feeding to its people.