Jump to topic:

Stereotypes of Whites

wamba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 11:00:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
"That's why western media controls the world. "default" human is White, as defined by whites. That's why stereotypes really don't exist for them. Without stereotypes, there are no glass ceilings either. So they maintain control."

Kleptin claims that there are absolutely no stereotypes of whites, however, I'm sure there are other races that have stereotypes of my race. I'd love to hear them.

Also some analysis of stereotypes creating a "glass ceiling"
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 11:06:02 AM
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
vardas0antras
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 11:26:16 AM
At 1/5/2011 11:06:02 AM, mattrodstrom wrote:

Oh yeah I do all these things :D love the video
"When he awoke in a tomb three days later he would actually have believed that he rose from the dead" FREEDO about the resurrection of Jesus Christ
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 11:32:26 AM
I would say the most infamous stereotype for white males is.... They can't dance.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
wamba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 11:33:33 AM
At 1/5/2011 11:32:26 AM, annhasle wrote:
I would say the most infamous stereotype for white males is.... They can't dance.

haha that's not a stereotype, that's the plain truth
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 11:40:02 AM
At 1/5/2011 11:33:33 AM, wamba wrote:
At 1/5/2011 11:32:26 AM, annhasle wrote:

haha that's not a stereotype, that's the plain truth

Lol. I would say that 95% of the time, it's the truth. I've met guys who can dance. :)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 11:52:12 AM
Materialistic and selfish.
Racist.
Uneducated.
Ignorant about other cultures.
Internet trolls.
Conservative republican (that's it, can I PLEASE change my race now?!)
Supportive of capitalism (ewww PLEASE?!?!?)
Blonds are stereotyped as dumb.
Redneck
Valley-girl.

Those were the ones I saw
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:23:16 PM
Stuff White People Like

#134 The TED Conference
#133 The World Cup
#132 Picking Their Own Fruit
#131 Conan O'Brien
#130 Ray-Ban Wayfarers
#129 Banksy
#128 Camping
#127 Where the Wild Things Are
#126 Vespa Scooters
#125 Bob Marley
#124 Hating People Who Wear Ed Hardy
#123 Mad Men
#122 Moleskine Notebooks
#121 Funny or Ironic Tattoos
#120 Taking a Year Off
#119 Sea Salt
#118 Ugly Sweater Parties
#117 Political Prisoners
#116 Black Music that Black People Don't Listen to Anymore
#115 Promising to Learn a New Language
#114 America
#113 Halloween
#112 Hummus
#111 Pea Coats
#110 Frisbee Sports
#109 The Onion
#108 Appearing to Enjoy Classical Music
#107 Self Aware Hip Hop References
#106 Facebook
#105 Unpaid Internships
#104 Girls with Bangs
#103 Sweaters
#102 Children's Games as Adults
#101 Being Offended
#100 Bumper Stickers
#99 Grammar
#98 The Ivy League
#97 Scarves
#96 New Balance Shoes
#95 Rugby
#94 Free Healthcare
#93 Music Piracy
#92 Book Deals
#91 San Francisco
#90 Dinner Parties
#89 St. Patrick's Day
#88 Having Gay Friends
#87 Outdoor Performance Clothes
#86 Shorts
#85 The Wire
#84 T-Shirts
#83 Bad Memories of High School
#82 Hating Corporations
#81 Graduate School
#80 The Idea of Soccer
#79 Modern Furniture
#78 Multilingual Children
#77 Musical Comedy
#76 Bottles of Water
#75 Threatening to Move to Canada
#74 Oscar Parties
#73 Gentrification
#72 Study Abroad
#71 Being the only white person around
#70 Difficult Breakups
#69 Mos Def
#68 Michel Gondry
#67 Standing Still at Concerts
#66 Divorce
#65 Co-Ed Sports
#64 Recycling
#63 Expensive Sandwiches
#62 Knowing What's Best for Poor People
#61 Bicycles
#60 Toyota Prius
#59 Natural Medicine
#58 Japan
#57 Juno
#56 Lawyers
#55 Apologies
#54 Kitchen Gadgets
#53 Dogs
#52 Sarah Silverman
#51 Living by the Water
#50 Irony
#49 Vintage
#48 Whole Foods and Grocery Co-ops
#47 Arts Degrees
#46 The Sunday New York Times
#45 Asian Fusion Food
#44 Public Radio
#43 Plays
#42 Sushi
#41 Indie Music
#40 Apple Products
#39 Netflix
#38 Arrested Development
#37 Renovations
#36 Breakfast Places
#35 The Daily Show/Colbert Report
#34 Architecture
#33 Marijuana
#32 Vegan/Vegetarianism
#31 Snowboarding
#30 Wrigley Field
#29 80s Night
#28 Not having a TV
#27 Marathons
#26 Manhattan (now Brooklyn too!)
#25 David Sedaris
#24 Wine
#23 Microbreweries
#22 Having Two Last Names
#21 Writers Workshops
#20 Being an expert on YOUR culture
#19 Traveling
#18 Awareness
#17 Hating their Parents
#16 Gifted Children
#15 Yoga
#14 Having Black Friends
#13 Tea
#12 Non-Profit Organizations
#11 Asian Girls
#10 Wes Anderson Movies
#9 Making you feel bad about not going outside
#8 Barack Obama
#7 Diversity
#6 Organic Food
#5 Farmer's Markets
#4 Assists
#3 Film Festivals
#2 Religions their parents don't belong to
#1 Coffee

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:37:52 PM
I hate stereotypes of whites. It's so tiresome how everyone assumes I am some rich, athletic, genius who is constantly defending civilisation against the Jews. Only part of that is true.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
wamba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:39:10 PM
What now Kleptin? That's 170 some stereotypes. I listed like 8 asian ones.

Therefore the asians are the default human while whites have a glass ceiling due to these stereotypes.

China controls us.
wamba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:40:03 PM
At 1/5/2011 12:37:52 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It's so tiresome how everyone assumes I am some rich, athletic, genius who is constantly defending civilisation against the Jews.

I wouldn't assume any of those based upon what you look like in real life
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:52:54 PM
At 1/5/2011 12:40:03 PM, wamba wrote:
It's so tiresome how everyone assumes I am some rich, athletic, genius who is constantly defending civilisation against the Jews.

I wouldn't assume any of those based upon what you look like in real life

Plus, the stereotype is that blacks are more athletic than whites.
President of DDO
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:55:07 PM
At 1/5/2011 12:52:54 PM, theLwerd wrote:

Plus, the stereotype is that blacks are more athletic than whites.

But ve are zee master race!!!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:56:24 PM
At 1/5/2011 11:00:13 AM, wamba wrote:
Kleptin claims that there are absolutely no stereotypes of whites, however, I'm sure there are other races that have stereotypes of my race. I'd love to hear them.

He said there aren't really stereotypes of whites. I think that means there aren't any oppressive stereotypes the way there are for certain minorities. Asians and Jews don't qualify for the same reason even though they are minorities. There are tons of studies that seem to validate certain stereotypes for black/hispanics; for instance, the one that showed people with "black sounding" names only got called back for a job interview a minute fraction of the time that people with "white sounding" names did, etc.
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 1:30:14 PM
"That's why western media controls the world. "default" human is White, as defined by whites. That's why stereotypes really don't exist for them. Without stereotypes, there are no glass ceilings either. So they maintain control."

Kleptin claims that there are absolutely no stereotypes of whites, however, I'm sure there are other races that have stereotypes of my race. I'd love to hear them.:

That's incredibly ignorant. Of course there are white stereotypes. They typify 80% of black comedy skits!
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 1:32:01 PM
At 1/5/2011 12:56:24 PM, theLwerd wrote:

He said there aren't really stereotypes of whites. I think that means there aren't any oppressive stereotypes the way there are for certain minorities. Asians and Jews don't qualify for the same reason even though they are minorities. There are tons of studies that seem to validate certain stereotypes for black/hispanics; for instance, the one that showed people with "black sounding" names only got called back for a job interview a minute fraction of the time that people with "white sounding" names did, etc.

Wait, jews don't count? There aren't real jewish stereotypes?
I did figure it out tho, jews like circumcision because they like when things are 30% off.

"Based on our contacts with hundreds of Jews who do not circumcise in the United States and in countries around the world"
"Dispelling the myth outside of the Jewish community that all Jews circumcise"
f*ck whats that about?
http://www.jewishcircumcision.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 1:35:58 PM
White stereotypes are typically broken into different sectors (when in a negative way). Rednecks, Yoopers, Dincs (or Dinks). And then different stereotypes are applied to each subgroup.

And for the asians, they only need one stereotype which outweighs them all... Cho Yang has a tiny wang.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 1:37:24 PM
He said there aren't really stereotypes of whites. I think that means there aren't any oppressive stereotypes the way there are for certain minorities. Asians and Jews don't qualify for the same reason even though they are minorities. There are tons of studies that seem to validate certain stereotypes for black/hispanics; for instance, the one that showed people with "black sounding" names only got called back for a job interview a minute fraction of the time that people with "white sounding" names did, etc.:

That's not necessarily racially motivated only. I know white people with hippy names like "Sunbow." You think that guy gets a lot of interviews? Funny thing about 'ole Sunbow, he's one of the most ghetto human beings I've ever know. The name and image do not match!

There is definitely a bias against unique names, period. Parents really need to think carefully when selecting names for their kids. Is it fickle of people to base something off of a name? Yes, but why even give bias a place to root?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 4:03:24 PM
I would say that the stereotypes of White people are rarely as negative as the stereotypes of other minorities. And in that regard, the "stereotypes" of whites seem harmless and easily dismissed whereas minorities cannot as easily escape their stereotypes. Of course, this is just my opinion based off of observation... I don't have any facts and figures to back it up. :P
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 4:19:00 PM
At 1/5/2011 4:03:24 PM, annhasle wrote:
I would say that the stereotypes of White people are rarely as negative as the stereotypes of other minorities. And in that regard, the "stereotypes" of whites seem harmless and easily dismissed whereas minorities cannot as easily escape their stereotypes. Of course, this is just my opinion based off of observation... I don't have any facts and figures to back it up. :P

Your german, you just want to kill people.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 4:22:23 PM
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 5:06:35 PM
At 1/5/2011 4:19:00 PM, lovelife wrote:

Your german, you just want to kill people.

That's not that bad as a stereotype. Fear is an awesome (and useful) tool for controlling others. :)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 5:21:33 PM

You're right :) Isn't there a blog called Stuff White People Like or something? Being stereotyped to drive Volvos is a lot different of a stereotype than being stupid, lazy or low class criminals.
President of DDO
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 5:29:08 PM
At 1/5/2011 5:21:33 PM, theLwerd wrote:

You're right :)

Here's my proof then! theLwerd confirmed it so it's true. :D
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 5:55:14 PM
At 1/5/2011 12:39:10 PM, wamba wrote:
What now Kleptin? That's 170 some stereotypes. I listed like 8 asian ones.

Do note that the stereotypes that have been listed in this thread... well, they're not stereotypes, and they are not pervasive at all: I hadn't heard of the vast majority of the things listed here, besides maybe the whole "white people can't dance" thing.

Yes, I've seen categories that white people can often be placed in (e.g., the conservative republican), but no one jokingly thinks, "All white people are conservative Republicans." However, it IS in fact a common joke to say, for example, that all Asians are nerdy.

Moreover, the things listed in this thread, on top of not being wide-spread, are for the most part neutral... certainly not as malicious as the statement, "Black people are criminals."
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 5:55:32 PM
From the youtube:

Swim with sharks?

Pay for they kids to go to college?

Hack computers?

Wear flip flops in any weather?

Eat sh*t they can't spell like asparagaugas?

A lot of those things sound incredibly badass.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 6:28:38 PM

This.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 6:53:57 PM
At 1/5/2011 5:55:32 PM, Sieben wrote:
Ich glaube an weißen Vorherrschaft
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 7:09:06 PM
As many people in this thread have already alluded to, white stereotypes are not as pervasive or negative as other racial stereotypes. I'd rather have someone think I can't dance than think I'm stupid, my brother must be in jail, I have no father, my family is poor, I'm uneducated, I'll never amount to anything, etc. I could go on.

On a side note, the site "Stuff White Peple Like" is quite funny.