Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Interesting demographic facts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2011 12:30:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
According to the 2010 US census:
- California still has the highest population in the nation, which is 37,253,956 residents. That's over 13 million more residents than the next most populated state, Texas.
- All states have had an increase in population since the last census, which was taken in 2000, except for Michigan. Michigan is the only state to have fewer people, with a net loss of -0.6%.
- The state with the least amount of population increase (barring Michigan, of course) is Rhode Island with a 0.4% increase.
- The state with the largest population increase is Nevada, with a massive influx of 35.1%.
- The SouthWestern region of the United States averaged the largest population increase: Nevada: 35.1%, Arizona: 24.6%, Utah: 23.8%. For the first time in over a century, the MidWest didn't account for the largest increase.
- The United States experienced a 9.7% increase in population, keeping the US as the 3rd most populace nation on earth behind China and India.
- Black American populations have declined from 18% of the total US population to 13%.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)