Jump to topic:

Questions regarding society

jesusismywarrior
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 11:03:35 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
- What comes to mind when you hear the word "society""?

- How would you describe your society?

- How has technology changed society?

- What makes you angry about today's society?

- What kind of improvements would you like to see in your society?

- Is your society different for rich and poor, young and old, men and women, etc.?

- What is a perfect society for you?
Mark 10:44-45 "44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 12:44:06 PM
At 9/5/2016 11:03:35 AM, jesusismywarrior wrote:

- Is your society different for rich and poor, young and old, men and women, etc.?

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families." Margaret Thatcher October 31 1987.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 1:42:16 PM
I'm thinking of society as a group living together where the majority rules and influences the community as a whole.

I would describe my society as delusional and slightly misguided.

Technology has greatly improved the comforts of the human condition so much so that even with so many positive results it can easily been seen as a negative.

Gratification has given way to honesty and practicality.

I'd like to see the return of honesty, and I'd like to see more value in facts over feelings.

- Is your society different for rich and poor, young and old, men and women, etc.
Yes, but only slightly.

Freedom, independence, liberty, an absence of undue restrictions and an opportunity to exercise one's human rights and powers. The right to enjoy all the privileges of citizenship, membership, etc., in a community or the like. The power to exercise choice and make decisions only within the constraint of negatively infringing upon others rights; autonomy; self-determination. Maximum freedom, minimal government.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 4:46:18 PM
At 9/5/2016 1:42:16 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
I'm thinking of society as a group living together where the majority rules and influences the community as a whole.

I would describe my society as delusional and slightly misguided.

Technology has greatly improved the comforts of the human condition so much so that even with so many positive results it can easily been seen as a negative.

Gratification has given way to honesty and practicality.

I'd like to see the return of honesty, and I'd like to see more value in facts over feelings.

- Is your society different for rich and poor, young and old, men and women, etc.
Yes, but only slightly.

Freedom, independence, liberty, an absence of undue restrictions and an opportunity to exercise one's human rights and powers. The right to enjoy all the privileges of citizenship, membership, etc., in a community or the like. The power to exercise choice and make decisions only within the constraint of negatively infringing upon others rights; autonomy; self-determination. Maximum freedom, minimal government.

correcting my fourth statement: what I meant to state is that honesty and practicality has given way to gratification.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...