Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 6:54:43 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
Definition of suicide:
- the act of killing yourself because you do not want to continue living
- a person who commits suicide
- an action that ruins or destroys your career, social position, etc.
http://www.merriam-webster.com...

Is suicide moral or immoral?

Pros and cons?

Is suicide an objective good/bad or a subjective good/bad?

Discuss.
Mark 10:44-45 "44 and whoever wants to be first must be slave of all. 45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:33:22 PM
At 9/7/2016 6:54:43 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:
Definition of suicide:

It depends. There a lot to consider here. The reason for suicide, for example. Is the person depressed, being bullied and not finding a way out, suffering from a painful terminal disease, etc.? In some cases, suicide can be seen as selfish and idiotic. Like when a person commits suicide due to depression or bullying. It may be a horrible thing, but there is always someone that can help. Plus, the person's death may hurt many more people than they think. In other cases, however, suicide may genuinely be the best thing for everyone involved. People suffering from painful and terminal diseases, for example may decide that they would rather die than suffer through the rest of their life. Sometimes, the family even feels the same way. In this case, there is nothing that anyone can do, and a painless death would be better than a short life of suffering.
Pros and cons?
Again, it depends. In some cases, there are no pros, and in some, the pros outweigh the cons by a long shot.
I don't think that you will find anything that is objectively good or bad. Morals and opinions differ between people, so nobody will agree with everything. This makes it practically impossible to objectively classify something as good or bad.
Discuss.
Done.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
MattTheDreamer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 7:39:46 PM
Was Hitlers suicde objectively good? I think if we answer this we get to the heart of the issue.
Vaarka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/7/2016 10:44:31 PM
At 9/7/2016 7:33:22 PM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:
At 9/7/2016 6:54:43 PM, jesusismywarrior wrote:
Definition of suicide:

It depends. There a lot to consider here. The reason for suicide, for example. Is the person depressed, being bullied and not finding a way out, suffering from a painful terminal disease, etc.? In some cases, suicide can be seen as selfish and idiotic. Like when a person commits suicide due to depression or bullying. It may be a horrible thing, but there is always someone that can help. Plus, the person's death may hurt many more people than they think. In other cases, however, suicide may genuinely be the best thing for everyone involved. People suffering from painful and terminal diseases, for example may decide that they would rather die than suffer through the rest of their life. Sometimes, the family even feels the same way. In this case, there is nothing that anyone can do, and a painless death would be better than a short life of suffering.
One of my middle school teachers committed suicide due to a disease he had in his intestines. Apparently, for several years, he couldn't control his bowel movements, and had to become homeschooled because of it. Pretty much every day, he was in pain, and I guess he was tired of it, because he ordered a drug online so he could kill himself.
Pros and cons?
Again, it depends. In some cases, there are no pros, and in some, the pros outweigh the cons by a long shot.
I don't think that you will find anything that is objectively good or bad. Morals and opinions differ between people, so nobody will agree with everything. This makes it practically impossible to objectively classify something as good or bad.
Discuss.
Done.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 6:27:15 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
The pro: are if you are painfully suffering from cancer of some other ailment where the only relief is being addicted to painkillers that your body eventually becomes tolerant of, or death, though I'm not sure if it's suicide to refuse medical care to prolong your life if you don't want to live anymore.

Or sacrificing yourself to save others or sabotage immoral operations, for instance the Boko Haram hostage who refused to go to her target destination before her bomb vest detonated which ultimately killed her, and no others.

The con: is when your problems are resolvable, but you lack the foresight to realize it before you kill yourself.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...