Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

There are only Two Genders: Male and Female.

Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:16:58 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
The whole concept of "third gender"/"non-binary gender"/"genderqueer" is utterly ludicrous and flies in the face of established research about Gender Dysphoria; which is a very serious condition that makes the lives of actual transgender people very hard, and which the SJWs have appropriated to give themselves another excuse to be oppressed. Queer philosophy also peddles the repeatedly-disproved notion that gender is a social construct. It furthers this by semantic separation of "gender" from "sex", even though they mean the exact same thing in normal-person English, and also by conflating gender roles with gender identity.

How is this silliness actually gaining traction and acceptance among wider society?
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:57:42 AM
At 9/9/2016 9:16:58 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
The whole concept of "third gender"/"non-binary gender"/"genderqueer" is utterly ludicrous and flies in the face of established research about Gender Dysphoria; which is a very serious condition that makes the lives of actual transgender people very hard, and which the SJWs have appropriated to give themselves another excuse to be oppressed. Queer philosophy also peddles the repeatedly-disproved notion that gender is a social construct. It furthers this by semantic separation of "gender" from "sex", even though they mean the exact same thing in normal-person English, and also by conflating gender roles with gender identity.

How is this silliness actually gaining traction and acceptance among wider society?

Because average means stupid and most people are average.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:39:38 PM

"Genderqueer" is just a fancy word to say that one doesn't completely abide by the gender roles. By these SJW's logic, everyone is genderqueer, so I don't deem it as logical. It kinda conflicts with the fact that most of them hate gender roles so much, because they're indirectly validating gender roles themselves by inventing this term. They claim they hate labels, yet they label themselves in a plethora of different ways.

Gender definitely isn't a social construct. While environment and socialization play a role in human life, neuroscience, endocrinology, and psychology all suggest that there's a biological basis for many sex differences in aptitudes and preferences. Most men, generally tend to be risk takers and have better spatial reasoning skills, while women, tend to be more nurturing and usually they have better verbal skills (obviously not everyone fits this general criteria, but as a whole, people of those genders tend to be that way).
Most gender scholars (who usually teach subjects like gender studies, for example), tend to have degrees in fields like English or literature, not subjects like biology or neuroscience.

Camille Paglia had said something about gender identity and its relations to culture and I had found it interesting: http://www.cnsnews.com...
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 1:45:20 PM

There are 3 genders... Male, female, and attack helicopter. I'm triggered.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 2:52:22 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:45:20 PM, Fernyx wrote:

I get dressed, I'm triggered.

I take a shower, I'm triggered.

I go for a walk, I'm triggered.

I eat, I'm triggered.

I breathe, I'm triggered.

I live, I'm triggered.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 4:06:05 PM

You bigot! You forgot mayonnaise!
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 6:39:02 PM

Because the left had deemed saying these people have some psychological issues not politically correct. It really is getting crazy, look up the woman who said she was born a cat (on youtube) Since the science biologically shows a persons physical sex as being male or female, if that person THINKS the opposite then clearly it's all in their head because there is no evidence to contradict the physical properties of that person. If it's not a physical issue then it's a mental, what else could it be?
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 8:35:38 PM
At 9/9/2016 6:39:02 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
Because the left had deemed saying these people have some psychological issues not politically correct. It really is getting crazy, look up the woman who said she was born a cat (on youtube)

She's not the only one. The "otherkin" community caters specifically to that kind of silliness.

Since the science biologically shows a persons physical sex as being male or female, if that person THINKS the opposite then clearly it's all in their head because there is no evidence to contradict the physical properties of that person. If it's not a physical issue then it's a mental, what else could it be?

Gender Dysphoria used to be regarded as a mental disorder. They declassified it because it's harmless in most cases. PubMed has some great articles about GD being tied to dissociative states and schizophrenia, as well as one case where a biological man had his gender identity "corrected" by a seizure.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 8:46:31 PM
At 9/9/2016 8:35:38 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
At 9/9/2016 6:39:02 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
Because the left had deemed saying these people have some psychological issues not politically correct. It really is getting crazy, look up the woman who said she was born a cat (on youtube)

She's not the only one. The "otherkin" community caters specifically to that kind of silliness.

Since the science biologically shows a persons physical sex as being male or female, if that person THINKS the opposite then clearly it's all in their head because there is no evidence to contradict the physical properties of that person. If it's not a physical issue then it's a mental, what else could it be?

Gender Dysphoria used to be regarded as a mental disorder. They declassified it because it's harmless in most cases. PubMed has some great articles about GD being tied to dissociative states and schizophrenia, as well as one case where a biological man had his gender identity "corrected" by a seizure.

It is complex, there's no denying that. There's an interview I saw of a man, who got the whole surgery, then many years later decided to go back being a man. As he said "once snoopy is gone, it's gone" He was dressed up as a girl by his grandmother, it was extremely sad, although he's help a lot of people with his story. Pretty amazing person imo. The issue with most people is trying to force the majority to accept them as one of their own. You can make a woman look like a man, but she will never be one. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with respect. Personally I don't care in that case. However it is the men who want to be women that would be my only concern, unless snoopy has been removed lol.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 9:40:41 PM
At 9/9/2016 8:46:31 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
It is complex, there's no denying that. There's an interview I saw of a man, who got the whole surgery, then many years later decided to go back being a man. As he said "once snoopy is gone, it's gone" He was dressed up as a girl by his grandmother, it was extremely sad, although he's help a lot of people with his story. Pretty amazing person imo. The issue with most people is trying to force the majority to accept them as one of their own. You can make a woman look like a man, but she will never be one. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be treated with respect. Personally I don't care in that case. However it is the men who want to be women that would be my only concern, unless snoopy has been removed lol.

It's okay to distinguish trans-women from biological women (e.g. for the purposes of dating or athletics), but we should still accept their choice to occupy a feminine gender role. At the very least, it undercuts the SJW platform by giving them one less thing to feel oppressed about.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 10:49:29 PM

Absolutely correct. I accepted a debate on topic where my opponent tried the very techniques you describe.

http://www.debate.org...
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
Throwback
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 10:50:43 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:39:38 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

"Genderqueer" is just a fancy word to say that one doesn't completely abide by the gender roles. By these SJW's logic, everyone is genderqueer, so I don't deem it as logical. It kinda conflicts with the fact that most of them hate gender roles so much, because they're indirectly validating gender roles themselves by inventing this term. They claim they hate labels, yet they label themselves in a plethora of different ways.

Gender definitely isn't a social construct. While environment and socialization play a role in human life, neuroscience, endocrinology, and psychology all suggest that there's a biological basis for many sex differences in aptitudes and preferences. Most men, generally tend to be risk takers and have better spatial reasoning skills, while women, tend to be more nurturing and usually they have better verbal skills (obviously not everyone fits this general criteria, but as a whole, people of those genders tend to be that way).
Most gender scholars (who usually teach subjects like gender studies, for example), tend to have degrees in fields like English or literature, not subjects like biology or neuroscience.

Camille Paglia had said something about gender identity and its relations to culture and I had found it interesting: http://www.cnsnews.com...

+1
When I respond with "OK" don't take it personally. I'm simply being appropriately dismissive.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 11:17:37 PM

Hold on dude don't trigger the SJWs
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 11:17:50 PM
At 9/9/2016 1:45:20 PM, Fernyx wrote:

Don't forget the 4th gender - retarded lol
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2016 11:43:10 PM
At 9/9/2016 10:50:43 PM, Throwback wrote:
At 9/9/2016 1:39:38 PM, foxxhajti wrote:

+1

triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 12:51:16 AM
Well apparently PC has gone to the extent where disorders such as gender dysphoria are flaunted and praised rather than properly treated. Scientists and doctors should help to actually treat dysphoria instead of injecting thousands of dollars of hormones into a tranny.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 2:51:43 AM
At 9/10/2016 12:51:16 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
Well apparently PC has gone to the extent where disorders such as gender dysphoria are flaunted and praised rather than properly treated. Scientists and doctors should help to actually treat dysphoria instead of injecting thousands of dollars of hormones into a tranny.

Which do you think is the more profitable of the two?
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 2:54:19 AM
At 9/10/2016 2:51:43 AM, Heterodox wrote:

Well of course the second one.

None the less people have a choice, but parents with dysphoric children stupidly decide to go through the unnecessary work and money to turn them into the other gender. If you speak out against this, you're considered a "transphobic racist anti-LGBT bigot" etc.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 3:14:46 AM
At 9/10/2016 2:54:19 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 9/10/2016 2:51:43 AM, Heterodox wrote:

Well of course the second one.

None the less people have a choice, but parents with dysphoric children stupidly decide to go through the unnecessary work and money to turn them into the other gender. If you speak out against this, you're considered a "transphobic racist anti-LGBT bigot" etc.

What do you mean, "If you speak out against this.."? Just in casual conversation or are you holding press conferences or what?

And who is considering you a "transphobic racist anti-LGBT bigot"? Certainly not all the other people who are the silent majority.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 11:07:16 PM

Sex changes are usually a last resort, when all other forms of therapy have failed to help the person with dysphoria ("help" as in help, not as in cure). Many transgender people cope without actually going under the knife, hence why you find "chicks with diicks" on some dodgy street corners. Caitlyn Jenner didn't chop off hers either, she just got breast implants, etc.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2016 11:15:52 PM
There are indeed only two genders.... and then there are fetishists (crossdressers, traps, drag queens, etc. ...and truth be told I've seen come cute traps), and others who get all caught up in the heat of the social justice moment thinking that they're going to break out the next "gender."

What people want to do to their bodies is fine by me, though. As long as it doesn't cost me money, or even if it costs society a marginal amount of money, it doesn't matter to me if men want to have their penises turned into vaginas, or if women want to have fake penises affixed to them. I just don't care. This is not an issue that matters to me.

The only thing I do care about on this issue are the stupid SJW parents who encourage their kids to be some gender other than what they were born as. Boys and girls when they are born do not know what masculinity or femininity are, and they're not going to really even figure it out until puberty hits. Once puberty hits and they've had some time to grow into their bodies (read: are at least 16 or 17), then that's a different conversation to have.

Playing "dress up" (e.g. boy wants to wear a skirt like his sister, or girl wants to play baseball) is one thing, but having hormonal therapies and surgeries is another. All of these idiotic SJW parents who think their little prince or princess is a special little snowflake and want to selfishly make their kids into some ostentatious display of how progressive they are... it's sick and should be considered child abuse.
Tsar of DDO
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2016 12:37:41 AM
At 9/10/2016 11:15:52 PM, YYW wrote:
There are indeed only two genders.... and then there are fetishists (crossdressers, traps, drag queens, etc. ...and truth be told I've seen come cute traps), and others who get all caught up in the heat of the social justice moment thinking that they're going to break out the next "gender."

What people want to do to their bodies is fine by me, though. As long as it doesn't cost me money, or even if it costs society a marginal amount of money, it doesn't matter to me if men want to have their penises turned into vaginas, or if women want to have fake penises affixed to them. I just don't care. This is not an issue that matters to me.

The only thing I do care about on this issue are the stupid SJW parents who encourage their kids to be some gender other than what they were born as. Boys and girls when they are born do not know what masculinity or femininity are, and they're not going to really even figure it out until puberty hits. Once puberty hits and they've had some time to grow into their bodies (read: are at least 16 or 17), then that's a different conversation to have.

Playing "dress up" (e.g. boy wants to wear a skirt like his sister, or girl wants to play baseball) is one thing, but having hormonal therapies and surgeries is another. All of these idiotic SJW parents who think their little prince or princess is a special little snowflake and want to selfishly make their kids into some ostentatious display of how progressive they are... it's sick and should be considered child abuse.

Agreed.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2016 12:42:27 PM
At 9/9/2016 9:40:41 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
At 9/9/2016 8:46:31 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

It's okay to distinguish trans-women from biological women (e.g. for the purposes of dating or athletics), but we should still accept their choice to occupy a feminine gender role. At the very least, it undercuts the SJW platform by giving them one less thing to feel oppressed about.

acceptance and tolerance is different then the special accommodations and treatment they are pushing for. For those who don't think it's an issue http://www.dailywire.com... I think they even went so far as to have shared locker rooms at a college, and what a surprise lots of cell phone pictures being taking over and under the walls, Too much frostbite of the brain up there I guess.
noahbobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 12:17:09 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
Nonbinary genders have been around for a long time. Native Americans had them, (two spirited, etc) they're not some new SJW Tumblr thing.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2016 3:55:30 PM
Posted: 2 weeks ago

I'm not certain how this is important or a threat to you and I or society as a whole????
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:21:05 AM
Posted: 1 week ago

Not to mention its got people saying LGBTQ now. As if LGBT wasn't enough....How much do they want from me???????
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:39:39 AM
At 11/23/2016 2:21:05 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

Not to mention its got people saying LGBTQ now. As if LGBT wasn't enough....How much do they want from me???????

actually it's lgbtqiapk and because you got it wrong you are clearly anti-lgbtqiapk and should be flogged.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:51:06 AM
At 11/23/2016 2:39:39 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

actually it's lgbtqiapk and because you got it wrong you are clearly anti-lgbtqiapk and should be flogged.

Had they measured vote in letters, the election may have turned out quite differently. Hillary has such experience with acronyms. I think Trump would be able buy a couple vowels, but....I don't know, maybe if he raised enough capital and swung the a over he'd have a chance with the Normal vote.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 2:53:19 AM
At 11/23/2016 2:51:06 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 11/23/2016 2:39:39 AM, kevin24018 wrote:

Had they measured vote in letters, the election may have turned out quite differently. Hillary has such experience with acronyms. I think Trump would be able buy a couple vowels, but....I don't know, maybe if he raised enough capital and swung the a over he'd have a chance with the Normal vote.

it just get's so silly, we shouldn't label people except that we should, they are so confused they need to drag us in with them and if you say the wrong letter, pro noun whatever wow the end of the world as we know it.
FanboyMctroll
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/23/2016 4:12:08 PM

I'm just curious what is the difference between Gay and Queer??