Total Posts:98|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What is Black Lives Matter really about?

Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 7:41:11 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
Is police brutality really the main talking point of Black Lives Matter or is police brutality merely used as an emotional response to push their ideology?
https://www.youtube.com...
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:05:04 AM
Let me spell that out for you:

"Black Lives Matter (or #BlackLivesMatter for the Twitter hashtag) is a Jewish-Marxist puppet campaign as part of the larger campaign run by the same people to distract the United States people from issues like ending the Federal Reserve and stopping the government spying on its citizens to collect information. It is entirely funded by George Soros."
(http://en.rightpedia.info...).

Because that's really what you're saying here as well as in every other post where BLM is brought up.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:12:56 AM
From my observation... A movement that originated from trayvon Martin, Ferguson and the like that has since morphed into something I don't even recognize, nor support.

Everyone has a right to protest anything... But it doesn't mean everyone of them needs popular support.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 2:24:15 PM
At 9/14/2016 11:12:56 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
From my observation... A movement that originated from trayvon Martin, Ferguson and the like that has since morphed into something I don't even recognize, nor support.

Everyone has a right to protest anything... But it doesn't mean everyone of them needs popular support.

These like minded people who jump to conclusions before the facts are out, deny others due process, make excuse and justify crime. Hindsight is always 20/20, when no criminal charges are brought against a police officer, these groups don't protest for law or policy change, instead they loot, destroy property and burn down business, in some case even more horrible acts.
Do I think the police where wrong killing the child with the toy gun which had the orange tip removed, yes, but unfortunately it not a winnable situation. Had they stayed a safe distance back and used a loud speaker or binoculars to see what he was actually doing, and then he did start killing people, there would have been outrage that they didn't act fast enough. Has blm done anything to address the issue of kids with realistic toy guns removing the orange tips, committing crime in general? If they really believe black lives matter, what are they doing to change their communities so that people don't put themselves in these positions? Change by arson doesn't seem to work as of yet, but maybe we'll see that is the answer.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:14:30 PM
At 9/14/2016 2:24:15 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

These like minded people who jump to conclusions before the facts are out, deny others due process, make excuse and justify crime. Hindsight is always 20/20, when no criminal charges are brought against a police officer, these groups don't protest for law or policy change, instead they loot, destroy property and burn down business, in some case even more horrible acts.
Do I think the police where wrong killing the child with the toy gun which had the orange tip removed, yes, but unfortunately it not a winnable situation. Had they stayed a safe distance back and used a loud speaker or binoculars to see what he was actually doing, and then he did start killing people, there would have been outrage that they didn't act fast enough. Has blm done anything to address the issue of kids with realistic toy guns removing the orange tips, committing crime in general? If they really believe black lives matter, what are they doing to change their communities so that people don't put themselves in these positions? Change by arson doesn't seem to work as of yet, but maybe we'll see that is the answer.

No disagreement... I wouldn't work in law enforcement for all the tea. It's a complete lose lose situation.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:39:08 PM
At 9/14/2016 6:14:30 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

No disagreement... I wouldn't work in law enforcement for all the tea. It's a complete lose lose situation.

Sadly it is, even more so with them being shot and now run down, which many of these has been in someway tied to blm. So let's look at the probable future they have sewn.
First I think it's fare to say many precincts in high crime areas don't have enough police officers.
Many high crime areas are mostly comprised of poor and minorities.
This is the way it was pre blm
The events that blm has spawned either directly or indirectly should logically make less people interested in a law enforcement career.
The areas in said crime areas will be even more short staffed.
Those responding in same areas will do so with much greater caution (as they should) logically will lengthen response time, if they respond at all.
If there is less police protection and longer response time should anyone be surprised? Has blm helped or hurt those they claim to represent? It's obvious to me. When this becomes more obvious and well known I would expect yet another increase in ccp and background checks.
Oh and for those who try the argument "fire them if they don't do their job" who would you replace them with? If you can't replace some so important, keeping someone doing a half arsed job is better than no ars at all.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 6:51:57 PM
At 9/14/2016 6:39:08 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/14/2016 6:14:30 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Sadly it is, even more so with them being shot and now run down, which many of these has been in someway tied to blm. So let's look at the probable future they have sewn.
First I think it's fare to say many precincts in high crime areas don't have enough police officers.
Many high crime areas are mostly comprised of poor and minorities.
This is the way it was pre blm
The events that blm has spawned either directly or indirectly should logically make less people interested in a law enforcement career.
The areas in said crime areas will be even more short staffed.
Those responding in same areas will do so with much greater caution (as they should) logically will lengthen response time, if they respond at all.
If there is less police protection and longer response time should anyone be surprised? Has blm helped or hurt those they claim to represent? It's obvious to me. When this becomes more obvious and well known I would expect yet another increase in ccp and background checks.
Oh and for those who try the argument "fire them if they don't do their job" who would you replace them with? If you can't replace someone so important, keeping someone doing a half arsed job is better than no ars at all.
fixed
added let's develop Robo Cops!! Judge Dred?
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2016 11:49:00 PM

In actuality BLM actually evolved from Black Wallstreet...I think the evolution of this grassroots movement started there.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:16:35 AM
These discussions regarding black lives matter are always being brought up ad nauseum and I personally feel that no matter how much we define what #blacklivesmatter means, there are always people discarding the definition from other black people so that people can place what the movement REALLY means according to their own logic. As I mentioned in a previous post, the movement really evolved from incidents live Black Wallstreet (See: https://en.wikipedia.org...), Birmingham Alabama bombings (see: https://en.wikipedia.org...), Watts riots (See: https://en.wikipedia.org...) and the 1957 incident of Johnson X (see: http://www.usprisonculture.com...).

What we need to talk about is why the hashtag of BLM exists and why do we not have police reform in the United States of America. Because from the sources I just listed, the arguments coming from blacks didn"t start with Trayvon, it started during the times of my grand-parents and so on. The same can be said about the confederate flag. It didn"t start with the killings of the people in the church, it started long ago, we are just now addressing those issues today. I believe it is very important we as U.S. Americans need to address those issues because we cannot as a country move forward beyond race if we continue to ignore the issues. Now, the problem with even coming to the table is those with inherent racial biases. From what I see in the YT video, there is the inherent bias of "why are we talking about police brutality when there is black on black crime?" Well, as it was said before any violence dealing with people of the same ethnic demographic will be apparent due to the fact that they live in close proximity to each other.
Black on Black crime is an issue, just like white on white and latino on latino is an issue in America, but I believe whenever we mention black and police brutality in the same context, black on black crime is brought up to deflect the real complaints of black Americans.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 12:18:58 AM
I suggest you guys watch this: https://www.youtube.com...

Now it is slightly off topic but it relates to my post, with respect to police brutality Marc Lamont Hill brought up a good point:

"White people defining for black people what is important"

Like when black people complain about police brutality, there are some whites defining for blacks what is important in society ergo "what about black on black crime?"
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:32:45 AM
At 9/15/2016 12:18:58 AM, Hiu wrote:

Now it is slightly off topic but it relates to my post, with respect to police brutality Marc Lamont Hill brought up a good point:

Like when black people complain about police brutality, there are some whites defining for blacks what is important in society ergo "what about black on black crime?"

they dindu nuffin wrong
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:45:56 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:32:45 AM, triangle.128k wrote:

they dindu nuffin wrong

But lets shoot them anyway.
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:47:07 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:45:56 AM, desmac wrote:

they dindu nuffin wrong

dey just robbin storez n sheit, dey dindu nuffin.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:50:59 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:47:07 AM, triangle.128k wrote:
At 9/15/2016 4:45:56 AM, desmac wrote:

they dindu nuffin wrong

dey just robbin storez n sheit, dey dindu nuffin.

Why not just shoot them all?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:55:32 AM
At 9/15/2016 12:16:35 AM, Hiu wrote:
These discussions regarding black lives matter are always being brought up ad nauseum and I personally feel that no matter how much we define what #blacklivesmatter means, there are always people discarding the definition from other black people so that people can place what the movement REALLY means according to their own logic. As I mentioned in a previous post, the movement really evolved from incidents live Black Wallstreet (See: https://en.wikipedia.org...), Birmingham Alabama bombings (see: https://en.wikipedia.org...), Watts riots (See: https://en.wikipedia.org...) and the 1957 incident of Johnson X (see: http://www.usprisonculture.com...).

What we need to talk about is why the hashtag of BLM exists and why do we not have police reform in the United States of America. Because from the sources I just listed, the arguments coming from blacks didn"t start with Trayvon, it started during the times of my grand-parents and so on. The same can be said about the confederate flag. It didn"t start with the killings of the people in the church, it started long ago, we are just now addressing those issues today. I believe it is very important we as U.S. Americans need to address those issues because we cannot as a country move forward beyond race if we continue to ignore the issues. Now, the problem with even coming to the table is those with inherent racial biases. From what I see in the YT video, there is the inherent bias of "why are we talking about police brutality when there is black on black crime?" Well, as it was said before any violence dealing with people of the same ethnic demographic will be apparent due to the fact that they live in close proximity to each other.
Black on Black crime is an issue, just like white on white and latino on latino is an issue in America, but I believe whenever we mention black and police brutality in the same context, black on black crime is brought up to deflect the real complaints of black Americans.
You are correct, but I hope you realize that not everyone in the movement has the best intentions or methods of empowering black americans. There is a lack of leadership, which holds the movement accountable, and in some instances those who call themselves BLM take advantage of tragedies that happen at the hands of law enforcement to promote their agenda.

There are also trolls within the alt-right, who attempt to incite hatred. Its called Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals, and both sides are using these tactics to stir up emotions, so that those of us in the middle will be easier to conform to a common agenda when the dust settles.

The last thing they want is for the people to find common ground for themselves and rise up together against the corporatocracy!
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 3:48:00 PM
At 9/15/2016 12:16:35 AM, Hiu wrote:

Black on black crime is brought up because, no matter how many times the whole idea of "police targeting black communities because they are black" argument comes up as a reason for why the black crime rate is so high, dead bodies show what is really happening. when 13% of population(probably closer to 5%) of all murders in a country of 312 million, then there is a problem with that group. Police have to put more resources into these areas to try an stop these crimes and so they will have more contract with the police.
To put it another way, the fire dept doesn't show up to a house, set it ablaze and then put it out. No, the fire was already burning and then they showed up.
If more blacks are committing crimes, then they are more likely to have encounters with the cops and therefore more likelihood of a shooting occurring. That's just statistics.
Now what are the reason for all these problems. Now they could be a sort of nebulous systemic racism that can't actually be measured and it could be some sort of thing that somehow is passed down from a generation that were actually victims onto a generation that just believes they are.
Or it could be that this community has a broken culture. When nearly 70% of all black households are single mother, then there is a problem. Sure the war on drugs is a big factor in that, but at the end of the day, if you break the law, you have no one to blame but yourself.
Instead of pointing the finger at everyone around them, maybe BLM should take a good hard look in the mirror and see if maybe some of the problems coming out of the community they supposedly advocate for, are self inflicted.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:05:05 PM
I don't find how blm came into existence relevant. What we see, what we know is what's important. As far as I know blm has never denounced the riots, violence and police shootings so certainly I would judge them on that. Many would argue those events were a direct result of blm. They are about violence, that's all. Mohandas Gandhi changed a whole nation without violence so to justify what they do and are about just doesn't work.
Tyree King, 13, Fatally Shot by Police in Columbus, Ohio
http://www.nbcnews.com...
Where were they educating the youth not to pull guns on cops, even toy ones that look real? Or don't commit crime? blm is poison to the community they claim to represent.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 4:25:59 PM
As I observe it,

BLM lives only for the sake of vengeance against white cops, actual progress for black people is not the goal of BLM. This is supported by the constant evasion of factual evidence, and criticism concerning the discrepancies within the black community, to include "black on black" crime, which in a logical sense is directly proportional to the likeliness of blacks encounters with the police in the first place, among many other criticisms that if accepted, accounted for, and corrected within the black community, by blacks themselves, could directly effect the reduction of police brutality against blacks.

However, BLM supporters refuse to accept criticism, accountability, corrective actions because it takes away from the perpetual state of grievance and victimization that is needed to propagate not only police brutality, but also USA as unapologetically racist which requires big government intervention to solve.....This should ring alarm bells but, nope.

To add, it has become a nasty little propaganda machine for the progressive left, full of divisive emotionally charged racist rhetoric with ZERO percent progress for Black Americans in sight.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:20:23 PM
At 9/14/2016 7:41:11 AM, Beisht_Kione wrote:
Is police brutality really the main talking point of Black Lives Matter or is police brutality merely used as an emotional response to push their ideology?

Its many things. Its a fight against injustice towards a system that breeds corruption.
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:25:54 PM
At 9/15/2016 8:20:23 PM, inferno wrote:

Its many things. Its a fight against injustice towards a system that breeds corruption.

If that is true, then what's with the name? What I mean is that it's an oddly specific name for such a broad spectrum of topics.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2016 8:28:23 PM
At 9/15/2016 8:25:54 PM, Beisht_Kione wrote:

If that is true, then what's with the name? What I mean is that it's an oddly specific name for such a broad spectrum of topics.

Why are you fearful of the world Black, first of all.
The meaning is like this. Let me make it simple and plain.
Black Lives Matter.....(too.)

Do you get it now.
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 2:43:54 AM
At 9/15/2016 8:28:23 PM, inferno wrote:
At 9/15/2016 8:25:54 PM, Beisht_Kione wrote:

Why are you fearful of the world Black, first of all.
The meaning is like this. Let me make it simple and plain.
Black Lives Matter.....(too.)

Do you get it now.

Care to extrapolate on that a bit?
Social Justice and corruption are far from being exclusively black talking points.
You are on a website dedicated to debate.
Step up your game.
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 3:45:44 AM

It's getting out of hand. Climate change is racist: [https://www.theguardian.com...]
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 3:47:13 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:25:59 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
As I observe it,

BLM lives only for the sake of vengeance against white cops, actual progress for black people is not the goal of BLM. This is supported by the constant evasion of factual evidence, and criticism concerning the discrepancies within the black community, to include "black on black" crime, which in a logical sense is directly proportional to the likeliness of blacks encounters with the police in the first place, among many other criticisms that if accepted, accounted for, and corrected within the black community, by blacks themselves, could directly effect the reduction of police brutality against blacks.

However, BLM supporters refuse to accept criticism, accountability, corrective actions because it takes away from the perpetual state of grievance and victimization that is needed to propagate not only police brutality, but also USA as unapologetically racist which requires big government intervention to solve.....This should ring alarm bells but, nope.

To add, it has become a nasty little propaganda machine for the progressive left, full of divisive emotionally charged racist rhetoric with ZERO percent progress for Black Americans in sight.

Very well put. Can you believe climate change is racist? [https://www.theguardian.com...]
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 3:55:11 AM
At 9/15/2016 4:55:32 AM, Emmarie wrote:
You are correct, but I hope you realize that not everyone in the movement has the best intentions or methods of empowering black americans.

This is very true.

There is a lack of leadership, which holds the movement accountable, and in some instances those who call themselves BLM take advantage of tragedies that happen at the hands of law enforcement to promote their agenda.

Indeed. Perhaps one of the most pressing issues is the way BLM is used antagonistically. Violence for violence is not the answer, and it paints everything about BLM in a negative light when BLM is responsible for the intentional killing of white people. Because then, the "discrimination" and unfair treatment towards blacks seems silly. If they aren't willing to treat their counterparts fairly, they shouldn't be treated fairly either, right? The answer remains: we all need to be, and deserve to be, treated fairly, but when one party retaliates in violence, it only facilitates more violence, distress, and does nothing for progress.
Beisht_Kione
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 5:17:05 AM
At 9/16/2016 3:55:11 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
You are correct, but I hope you realize that not everyone in the movement has the best intentions or methods of empowering black americans.

This is very true.

There is a lack of leadership, which holds the movement accountable, and in some instances those who call themselves BLM take advantage of tragedies that happen at the hands of law enforcement to promote their agenda.

Indeed. Perhaps one of the most pressing issues is the way BLM is used antagonistically. Violence for violence is not the answer, and it paints everything about BLM in a negative light when BLM is responsible for the intentional killing of white people. Because then, the "discrimination" and unfair treatment towards blacks seems silly. If they aren't willing to treat their counterparts fairly, they shouldn't be treated fairly either, right? The answer remains: we all need to be, and deserve to be, treated fairly, but when one party retaliates in violence, it only facilitates more violence, distress, and does nothing for progress.

Well, looking at the stats, not many of their reasons have anything to do with much else to do with anything other than poor individual decisions.
They can protest anyway they like and I will still see them as idiots. I just wouldnt hold as much disdain.
PJMassive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 9:35:00 AM
Black lives matter is a movement aimed at improving the lives of black people in the West (the USA to a large degree - the UK is only just getting involved on a much smaller scale). BLM mostly addresses police brutality which affects black people more than any other race. In my opinion, it is as big a problem as any because it aims to correct eliminate a social injustice that is plaguing countless black people. Police brutality and other social vices that affect black people have ended lives and continue to put people's lives at risk. BLM is a noble cause that is rightfully garnering momentum and coming very close to ending the undeserved suffering a historically disenfranchised and disadvantaged race has endured for more than a century.
Reputation; it is a most idle imposition. Oft got without merit and lost without deserving.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 10:22:05 AM
At 9/16/2016 3:47:13 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
As I observe it,

Very well put. Can you believe climate change is racist? [https://www.theguardian.com...]

Oh my f*cking gosh.

I swear, these people are the most self defeating simpletons on the planet.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 12:44:34 PM
At 9/16/2016 10:22:05 AM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:
At 9/16/2016 3:47:13 AM, ColeTrain wrote:
As I observe it,

I swear, these people are the most self defeating simpletons on the planet.

Bad, isn't it?
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 6:26:53 PM
At 9/16/2016 3:55:11 AM, ColeTrain wrote:

This is very true.

The problem is that BLM activists who perpetuate hostility toward non-black people succeed in widening the divide. They also make it more difficult for black individuals who are peaceful activists to have their ideas heard, and cause black americans who don't agree with the movement to face more difficulties within the mainstream, not to mention how this also negatively impacts white americans. All americans could benefit from racial integration. We have a lot we could learn from each other if both sides weren't widening the divide.