Jump to topic:

Same Sex Couples

MarvelShiznit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 1:40:51 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Who here thinks they sould be allowed to attend school dances?
A whale without Ahab is just a whale. A whale with no problems. A stress-free whale. ~Julian Blackthorn

That was heartfelt! If you would have aid that to me when you'd got back I would've cried. ~Emma Carstairs

No man under the sky lives twice. ~Arthur Blackthorn

Life is sort, and wisdom is long to learn. ~Arthur Blackthorn
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 1:46:23 PM
At 9/16/2016 1:40:51 PM, MarvelShiznit wrote:

If the dance is held by a public school, yes.

If a private school, it should fall upon whatever social mores the school would like to impart.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 3:44:38 PM

I think It should be allowed.

Because, same sex couples are a reality that has been and will always be here to stay no matter how hard some people try to shovel it behind their own personal comfortable social norms. It's completely harmless, so I say just let it be.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
ProcrastinationPro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 5:09:19 PM

Of course, they should be allowed to attend to school dances. Last I checked, school dances are for everyone to enjoy (unless they've bad grades. that's a different story).

If it's a public school you're referring to, they should be letting same sex couples attend dances.
If it's charter/private schools you're referring to, they can deny access to same sex couples when it comes to school dances due to them making their own rules (contrary to public schools).

I personally don't see why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to attend dances. It's ot like we're going to spread the gay to the people around us.
"The enemy isn"t conservatism. The enemy isn"t liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t." Lars-Erik Nelson
MarvelShiznit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2016 5:42:52 PM
At 9/16/2016 4:00:49 PM, desmac wrote:
Why would you want to stop them?

I wouldn't want to stop them. I know too many people with that one shred of freedom, and I would never take that away from them, especially since the world is constantly against them, shunning them for what they believe.
A whale without Ahab is just a whale. A whale with no problems. A stress-free whale. ~Julian Blackthorn

That was heartfelt! If you would have aid that to me when you'd got back I would've cried. ~Emma Carstairs

No man under the sky lives twice. ~Arthur Blackthorn

Life is sort, and wisdom is long to learn. ~Arthur Blackthorn
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 7:52:42 AM

No, they should cry and even be whipped in front of the other people having fun.

Yeah.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 7:56:49 AM
At 9/16/2016 1:46:23 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

If a private school, it should fall upon whatever social mores the school would like to impart.

At 9/16/2016 5:09:19 PM, ProcrastinationPro wrote:

Of course, they should be allowed to attend to school dances. Last I checked, school dances are for everyone to enjoy (unless they've bad grades. that's a different story).

If it's a public school you're referring to, they should be letting same sex couples attend dances.
If it's charter/private schools you're referring to, they can deny access to same sex couples when it comes to school dances due to them making their own rules (contrary to public schools).

I personally don't see why same sex couples shouldn't be allowed to attend dances. It's ot like we're going to spread the gay to the people around us.

That's unexpected. So, for example if the private school is banning black people from going to the dance. Do you think they are entitled too? Btw isn't discrimination against sexual orientation illegal in the US? Why is it that you think they can ignore the law?
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2016 10:07:02 AM
At 9/17/2016 7:56:49 AM, Otokage wrote:

That's unexpected. So, for example if the private school is banning black people from going to the dance. Do you think they are entitled too? Btw isn't discrimination against sexual orientation illegal in the US? Why is it that you think they can ignore the law?

Discrimination against sexual orientation is only illegal in particular circumstances. Hiring an employee would be one, Serving customers in a "open to the public" business is another, etc.
HeavenlyPanda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 1:00:51 AM

Those that are too weak and bend to the mind set of society.
HeavenlyPanda. The most heavenly of all heavenly creatures.
Godgirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 1:20:48 AM

Why not?
Besides, if there was a rule against it, it wouldn't be that hard to get around.
ProcrastinationPro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 2:18:17 AM

Discrimination in the US is frowned upon, but not illegal in all 50 states. States like New York, Colorado, and California have passed anti-discrimination laws in order to protect those of the LGBTQ community. States like Flordia (where I live) do not have any anti-discrimination laws, so therefore we can legally be denied jobs and such. It is, however, legal to marry the same sex in all 50 states.
Public schools HAVE to follow the laws, private/charters don't necessarily have to.
If the school doesn't get federal funding, it can do whatever it wants, really. If they get federal funding, it's a different story. If they deny someone based on skin color, sexual preference, etc., their federal funding can be cut.

I don't THINK they can ignore the law, I KNOW that some schools can ignore the law. It's sad but true.
"The enemy isn"t conservatism. The enemy isn"t liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t." Lars-Erik Nelson
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2016 4:05:59 PM
At 9/18/2016 2:18:17 AM, ProcrastinationPro wrote:

Discrimination in the US is frowned upon, but not illegal in all 50 states. States like New York, Colorado, and California have passed anti-discrimination laws in order to protect those of the LGBTQ community. States like Flordia (where I live) do not have any anti-discrimination laws, so therefore we can legally be denied jobs and such. It is, however, legal to marry the same sex in all 50 states.
Public schools HAVE to follow the laws, private/charters don't necessarily have to.
If the school doesn't get federal funding, it can do whatever it wants, really. If they get federal funding, it's a different story. If they deny someone based on skin color, sexual preference, etc., their federal funding can be cut.

I don't THINK they can ignore the law, I KNOW that some schools can ignore the law. It's sad but true.

I see. Thanks. It's not like that in other countries.
ProcrastinationPro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 1:21:59 AM
At 9/18/2016 4:05:59 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 9/18/2016 2:18:17 AM, ProcrastinationPro wrote:

I see. Thanks. It's not like that in other countries.

No problem. Sorry if I came off aggressive in any way.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 3:25:17 PM

Yes, for obvious reasons, and I do not see the logic in disallowing them from school dances.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
Archaholic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 8:40:03 PM
I don"t see why not. It would mean nothing, wouldn"t it? Actually, there are dancing competitions for same-sex couples.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 9:16:19 PM
I don't get the objection. Then again, I don't care if a person takes a plant or their cat to a dance (just don't fvck the cat!)
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 6:45:08 AM

Obviously. Why not?
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 6:50:09 AM
At 9/18/2016 1:00:51 AM, HeavenlyPanda wrote:

Those that are too weak and bend to the mind set of society.

Or those with a working sense of empathy and that realize that, no matter what your imaginary friend in the sky tells you, homosexuals are people too.

I do not "bend to the mind set of society."
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Albert Einstein
ANON_TacTiX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 6:56:20 AM
At 9/23/2016 9:16:19 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
I don't get the objection. Then again, I don't care if a person takes a plant or their cat to a dance (just don't fvck the cat!)

Can I f*ck the plant?

Dendrophilia. Love knows no kingdom.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2016 2:22:19 PM
At 9/24/2016 6:56:20 AM, ANON_TacTiX wrote:
At 9/23/2016 9:16:19 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

Can I f*ck the plant?

Dendrophilia. Love knows no kingdom.

Does it affect me? No. Just be careful to not hurt the plant.

I value all life which is why I find vegans hypocritical. Grass is just as much life as a cow. Be vegan... Just don't preach.

And don't fvck cats.