Jump to topic:

#Teacherbae

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 2:12:47 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
In a recent trending topic on social media, people expressed opposing views about a woman's choice of attire as a 4th grade teacher. The woman is very attractive with a very curvy figure, and wears outfits that accentuates her curves.

What is interesting is how those who oppose her attire are not giving religious reasoning as to why her attire is inappropriate and there are many women who are opposed to her attire. This goes to show that modest attire or clothing that does not accentuate a woman's curves is not something imposed by men and religion but even women and non-religious people themselves understand that a woman who flaunts her curves can be inappropriate.

Why can't we all just accept that it is just not appropriate or best for a women to dress in clothing that flaunts her curves in public?

http://m.huffpost.com...
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 3:32:34 PM
At 9/19/2016 2:12:47 PM, Fatihah wrote:
Why can't we all just accept that it is just not appropriate or best for a women to dress in clothing that flaunts her curves in public?
I'm perplexed as to why you don't feel satisfied with the possibility of maintaining standards of modest attire in a religious private school.

Because if you forcefully want to impose your standards on everyone else, that makes you an Islamic fundamentalist.

Dayum!
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 4:09:17 PM
At 9/19/2016 3:32:34 PM, NHN wrote:
I'm perplexed as to why you don't feel satisfied with the possibility of maintaining standards of modest attire in a religious private school.

Because if you forcefully want to impose your standards on everyone else, that makes you an Islamic fundamentalist.

Dayum!

Response: The topic is not about imposing anything on anyone, nor am I doing so. I'm only addressing the fact that neither religion nor gender is the reason behind why many people in a civilized society are opposed to women dressing in clothing that flaunts her curves. Why are people divided on the matter? Do you yourself believe it is appropriate or best for a woman to dress this way in public? Why or why not.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 4:57:26 PM
In a recent trending topic on social media, people expressed opposing views about a woman's choice of attire as a 4th grade teacher. The woman is very attractive with a very curvy figure, and wears outfits that accentuates her curves.

What is interesting is how those who oppose her attire are not giving religious reasoning as to why her attire is inappropriate and there are many women who are opposed to her attire. This goes to show that modest attire or clothing that does not accentuate a woman's curves is not something imposed by men and religion but even women and non-religious people themselves understand that a woman who flaunts her curves can be inappropriate.

In my opinion, this is a mole hill made into a mountain of petty nonsense, and the nonsense has nothing to do with the dress which is totally business casual appropriate, and everything to do with who's wearing the dress. I strongly feel that if she were not attractive with a glorious figure, we would not be able to have this discussion. Plus I have experienced on many occasions the jealously driven judgmental nature of women who feel insecure of another more attractive female counterpart in their presence, so I'm not surprised the opposition is mostly women.

As for the question; 'Why can't we all just accept that it is just not appropriate or best for a women to dress in clothing that flaunts her curves in public?'

I'd answer; because what's best is for the individual women to decide according to the guidelines given by her employer and her lifestyle, her choice of dress does not require anyone else's validation but her own, or sometimes with the advice of a fashion consultant. If you feel uncomfortable in the presence of a beautiful human body in a body con dress, then that's your problem, and you should consider getting over yourself.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

BANGTAN! Blood, Sweat, & Tears> Check it out yes! https://www.youtube.com...
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 5:38:45 PM
At 9/19/2016 4:57:26 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

In my opinion, this is a mole hill made into a mountain of petty nonsense, and the nonsense has nothing to do with the dress which is totally business casual appropriate, and everything to do with who's wearing the dress. I strongly feel that if she were not attractive with a glorious figure, we would not be able to have this discussion. Plus I have experienced on many occasions the jealously driven judgmental nature of women who feel insecure of another more attractive female counterpart in their presence, so I'm not surprised the opposition is mostly women.

As for the question; 'Why can't we all just accept that it is just not appropriate or best for a women to dress in clothing that flaunts her curves in public?'

I'd answer; because what's best is for the individual women to decide according to the guidelines given by her employer and her lifestyle, her choice of dress does not require anyone else's validation but her own, or sometimes with the advice of a fashion consultant. If you feel uncomfortable in the presence of a beautiful human body in a body con dress, then that's your problem, and you should consider getting over yourself.

Response: What about the fact that her dress entices men to view her or other women primarily as sex objects? What if other little girls or women try to mimic her dress and attract the wrong guys and as a result develop low-self-esteem? Is she not to blame for setting a bad example into society?
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 6:20:45 PM
At 9/19/2016 5:38:45 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/19/2016 4:57:26 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

Response: What about the fact that her dress entices men to view her or other women primarily as sex objects?

Someone your brain finds sexually attractive will cause your body to react with sexual desire, it is a natural occurrence that all people experience.

What if other little girls or women try to mimic her dress and attract the wrong guys and as a result develop low-self-esteem?

Little girls have parents to make appropriate decisions for them, it's their job to help their children thrive as best as possible.

Grown women should be completely capable of making decisions for themselves, and even if she attracts 'wrong guys' the decision to engage with 'wrong guys' is hers to make.

All decisions have consequences, smart people learn from their consequences, dumb people don't.

Is she not to blame for setting a bad example into society?

No, her dress choices are hers to make. Outside observations of her dress choices doesn't preclude choices others are going to make for their own dress choices.

Honestly, are people so sheepishly collective in thought that they cannot make viable decisions concerning their own dress choice? I swear, if they are that dumb, perhaps we should allow Darwinism to run it's coarse.
Be who you are, Say what you feel, Because those who mind don"t matter, And those who matter don't mind.

NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 6:29:03 PM
At 9/19/2016 4:09:17 PM, Fatihah wrote:
The topic is not about imposing anything on anyone, nor am I doing so.
Oh, but it is. You are trying to inform others how they should dress by appealing to "modesty," which is based on your religious prejudices.

Naturally, you have a right to these prejudices. Feel free to expand on them and to cordon off your sect from society at large. I am a libertarian and, as such, I am open to a multitude of as many contradictory sects and lifestyle junkies as humanly possible -- from Sufi mystics to BDSM collectives. But don't fool yourself into thinking that tolerance of this kind grants any sect the right to impose or determine conditions for others.

Do you yourself believe it is appropriate or best for a woman to dress this way in public?
I'll refer you to what Alyce stated above: women make their own choices -- live with it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 7:16:55 PM

She has the freedom to do so, that's what "we" agree on. Drawing lines should be left to paper and rulers. Maybe she's single an on the prowl, my first concern would be if she's a good teacher, lord knows there's plenty of bad ones around. Does she need to look so sexy to teach? I don't think so, but it's her choice not mine. If she's within the school dress code guidelines then end of issue.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:18:07 PM
There are plenty of places where it would be appropriate (or at least acceptable) for her to wear something like that. In front of a classroom full of schoolchildren is not one of them.
Whenever the media raises accusations of "body shaming" I just want to puke.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:51:46 PM
At 9/19/2016 6:20:45 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

Response: What about the fact that her dress entices men to view her or other women primarily as sex objects?

Someone your brain finds sexually attractive will cause your body to react with sexual desire, it is a natural occurrence that all people experience.

What if other little girls or women try to mimic her dress and attract the wrong guys and as a result develop low-self-esteem?

Little girls have parents to make appropriate decisions for them, it's their job to help their children thrive as best as possible.

Grown women should be completely capable of making decisions for themselves, and even if she attracts 'wrong guys' the decision to engage with 'wrong guys' is hers to make.

All decisions have consequences, smart people learn from their consequences, dumb people don't.

No, her dress choices are hers to make. Outside observations of her dress choices doesn't preclude choices others are going to make for their own dress choices.

Honestly, are people so sheepishly collective in thought that they cannot make viable decisions concerning their own dress choice? I swear, if they are that dumb, perhaps we should allow Darwinism to run it's coarse.

Response: I don't question whether it is her choice to make. She has a right to make her own choices. Yet as you say yourself, there are consequences. So which attire will better attract a good man who will not use her for sexual reasons? One that flaunts her curves or one that does not.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:55:14 PM
At 9/19/2016 8:51:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I don't question whether it is her choice to make. She has a right to make her own choices. Yet as you say yourself, there are consequences. So which attire will better attract a good man who will not use her for sexual reasons? One that flaunts her curves or one that does not.

don't care, it's her choice, maybe she wanted the publicity so some nudie mag will offer her some money, wouldn't be the first time, agree or not, doesn't matter it's her choice and any consequences are her's as well.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:55:55 PM
At 9/19/2016 6:29:03 PM, NHN wrote:

Oh, but it is. You are trying to inform others how they should dress by appealing to "modesty," which is based on your religious prejudices.

Naturally, you have a right to these prejudices. Feel free to expand on them and to cordon off your sect from society at large. I am a libertarian and, as such, I am open to a multitude of as many contradictory sects and lifestyle junkies as humanly possible -- from Sufi mystics to BDSM collectives. But don't fool yourself into thinking that tolerance of this kind grants any sect the right to impose or determine conditions for others.

Do you yourself believe it is appropriate or best for a woman to dress this way in public?
I'll refer you to what Alyce stated above: women make their own choices -- live with it.

Response: I asked a question dressing. That's not imposing anything. Rather, you are the one imposing your own prejudices and exploitation of women.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 8:58:43 PM
At 9/19/2016 8:55:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

don't care, it's her choice, maybe she wanted the publicity so some nudie mag will offer her some money, wouldn't be the first time, agree or not, doesn't matter it's her choice and any consequences are her's as well.

Response: And its people's choice to rape and molest people as well.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 9:05:01 PM
At 9/19/2016 8:51:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Both. Good men have a spectrum of preferences.

AND, all men use women for sex unless they are homosexual, then they'll use other men for sex, and vise versa. Sex has a more powerful influence in your decision to choose a life mate than you are probably willing to admit.

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 9:14:27 PM
At 9/19/2016 9:05:01 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

AND, all men use women for sex unless they are homosexual, then they'll use other men for sex, and vise versa. Sex has a more powerful influence in your decision to choose a life mate than you are probably willing to admit.

Response: I disagree. Men are naturally sexually attracted to women so a woman who flaunts her curves will be more likely to attract a man primarily for sexual reasons than a woman who does not. As a woman, you cannot possibly know. You may say well that I cannot speak for other men but I can since I am a man. Any man telling you otherwise is simply lying.

Look at it logically, the biological makeup of males are the same so the only reason for one man to say differently is because he is either lying, or socialized to feel differently. Not naturally.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 9:48:53 PM

I agree, that dress is innappropriate for a teacher during work. It belongs in a night club.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 10:03:04 PM
At 9/19/2016 9:48:53 PM, janesix wrote:

I agree, that dress is innappropriate for a teacher during work. It belongs in a night club.

Response: Does this imply that her dress does arouse men more than if she was not wearing something that accentuates her curves?
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 10:18:18 PM
At 9/19/2016 9:14:27 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: I disagree. Men are naturally sexually attracted to women so a woman who flaunts her curves will be more likely to attract a man primarily for sexual reasons than a woman who does not. As a woman, you cannot possibly know. You may say well that I cannot speak for other men but I can since I am a man. Any man telling you otherwise is simply lying.

Look at it logically, the biological makeup of males are the same so the only reason for one man to say differently is because he is either lying, or socialized to feel differently. Not naturally.

nope, don't have to be a man or get the perspective of a man to make an accurate observation that good men have a spectrum of preferences. There are a plethora of instances to observe un-apologetically sexy women who flaunts there curves as life mates with very good loving and nurturing good looking men who are their husbands, likewise there are a plethora of instances to observe where women who dress modestly are suffering sexual and mental abuse with the 'wrong guys' as their husbands as you put it.

men being biologically similar is irrelevant, because there are environmental and cultural influences that shape the vision of their ideal women.

Obviously you are not paying attention, perhaps it's time to come from underneath the rock you've been living under. And when you do, consider visiting San Juan Puerto Rico, it's a really great place for vacation.

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 10:24:52 PM
At 9/19/2016 10:18:18 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

nope, don't have to be a man or get the perspective of a man to make an accurate observation that good men have a spectrum of preferences. There are a plethora of instances to observe un-apologetically sexy women who flaunts there curves as life mates with very good loving and nurturing good looking men who are their husbands, likewise there are a plethora of instances to observe where women who dress modestly are suffering sexual and mental abuse with the 'wrong guys' as their husbands as you put it.

men being biologically similar is irrelevant, because there are environmental and cultural influences that shape the vision of their ideal women.

Obviously you are not paying attention, perhaps it's time to come from underneath the rock you've been living under. And when you do, consider visiting San Juan Puerto Rico, it's a really great place for vacation.

Response: You cannot know the feelings of a man better than a man. Perhaps you need some assistance on the difference between reality and your imagination.
AlyceTheElectrician
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 10:54:01 PM
At 9/19/2016 10:24:52 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/19/2016 10:18:18 PM, AlyceTheElectrician wrote:

Response: You cannot know the feelings of a man better than a man. Perhaps you need some assistance on the difference between reality and your imagination.

no thanks, it's more fun when the lines are blurred a bit, but I know for a fact that Coco Iced T is not a figment of my imagination, and neither is Soraya Ghorban-Ali.

Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:11:31 PM

I don't see a problem with "flaunting curves". Its not like she was half naked or anything. My Spanish teacher wore a see through mini-skirt with a thong underneath one day. You can bet we talked about that for a little while. Oh the most curvy teach though....She always dressed the most conservatively. You can't hide curves, and that's not a bad thing. That's just how she's built. The dress was perfectly work appropriate, and to give kids an impression otherwise doesn't seem right to me.

You should NOT be telling people like her how to live to begin with. If she's doing her job, that's what matters. Seriously, what is she just a sex object? Hold yourself back. Whoa there. Let her wear what she wants, and respect her just like any other woman.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:24:01 PM
At 9/19/2016 10:03:04 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/19/2016 9:48:53 PM, janesix wrote:

Response: Does this imply that her dress does arouse men more than if she was not wearing something that accentuates her curves?

Yes. Thats why she should save it for a night club, where this kind of clothing is appropriate.

Not in front of a group of ten year olds. She looks like a slut.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2016 11:33:00 PM

She's bae-u-tiful and there is nothing wrong with what she's wearing. If a woman with less curves, like myself, wore that outfit to teach 10 year olds no one would have a problem with it.

She is teaching young females that you can be attractive, smart, and have a career. She is showing young males that not all attractive curvy females are bimbos. How she conducts herself is what matters and judging by the length of the skirt and the modesty of the neckline, she looks respectable. I'm sure less attractive females are just jealous.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 7:50:48 AM
At 9/19/2016 11:11:31 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

I don't see a problem with "flaunting curves". Its not like she was half naked or anything. My Spanish teacher wore a see through mini-skirt with a thong underneath one day. You can bet we talked about that for a little while. Oh the most curvy teach though....She always dressed the most conservatively. You can't hide curves, and that's not a bad thing. That's just how she's built. The dress was perfectly work appropriate, and to give kids an impression otherwise doesn't seem right to me.

You should NOT be telling people like her how to live to begin with. If she's doing her job, that's what matters. Seriously, what is she just a sex object? Hold yourself back. Whoa there. Let her wear what she wants, and respect her just like any other woman.

Response: Men by nature do see a woman's body and curves as just a sex object. That is the nature of men. Men have to be socialized in order to suppress it but that socialization starts with a woman. It's a woman who must dress modestly in order to socialize a man. So I think it is inappropriate for a woman to dress that way in public because she will attract and bring about the wrong guy and women and little girls may follow her example and find themselves hurt by men as well.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 8:31:27 AM
At 9/19/2016 8:58:43 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/19/2016 8:55:14 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Response: And its people's choice to rape and molest people as well.

And there are (criminal) consequences, for those unable to control themselves iin that way.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 8:33:17 AM
At 9/19/2016 11:33:00 PM, Emmarie wrote:

She's bae-u-tiful and there is nothing wrong with what she's wearing. If a woman with less curves, like myself, wore that outfit to teach 10 year olds no one would have a problem with it.

She is teaching young females that you can be attractive, smart, and have a career. She is showing young males that not all attractive curvy females are bimbos. How she conducts herself is what matters and judging by the length of the skirt and the modesty of the neckline, she looks respectable. I'm sure less attractive females are just jealous.

Response: She is beautiful and very attractive but it's not the outfit. It's the body type of the woman in the outfit. Women are very naive and do not realize that men are visual. That men are aroused just by looking. So when she dresses like that, it conditions a man to look at her for one reason only. Sex.

This is the part usually when a woman says "well he needs to control himself", but you cannot control nature and the suggestion for a man to do so is illogical. So when she is approached by the wrong men and see many men who do not know how to treat a woman, that is her fault.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 8:37:56 AM
At 9/20/2016 7:50:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Men by nature do see a woman's body and curves as just a sex object. That is the nature of men. Men have to be socialized in order to suppress it but that socialization starts with a woman. It's a woman who must dress modestly in order to socialize a man. So I think it is inappropriate for a woman to dress that way in public because she will attract and bring about the wrong guy and women and little girls may follow her example and find themselves hurt by men as well.

No matter how hurt these women are by "wrong" guys, at least they will not be stoned to death by them.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 11:52:42 AM
At 9/19/2016 9:14:27 PM, Fatihah wrote:

A man is attracted to a woman primarily for sexual reasons to begin with. Literally, there is nothing in this world that I couldn't do with another male once you take sexuality off the table.

Friendship? Can find a bro for that.
Commiseration? Can find a bro for that.
Household support? Happens all the time, its called a room mate.
Emotional support? Can find a bro for that.

You are attempting to vilify pretty much the only reason for a male to every take interest in a female in the first place.

Lastly, what a women wears is designed to be "eye catching" in such occurrences. If she wears such attire she is more likely to attract attention. Period. No further inferences about the guy she draws from it can be made.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 11:55:07 AM
At 9/20/2016 8:33:17 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 9/19/2016 11:33:00 PM, Emmarie wrote:

Response: She is beautiful and very attractive but it's not the outfit. It's the body type of the woman in the outfit. Women are very naive and do not realize that men are visual. That men are aroused just by looking. So when she dresses like that, it conditions a man to look at her for one reason only. Sex.

This is the part usually when a woman says "well he needs to control himself", but you cannot control nature and the suggestion for a man to do so is illogical.

And since a woman's role is to attract a mate through shows of fertility, and you cannot control nature, the suggestion for a female is illogical.

QED.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2016 12:56:02 PM
At 9/20/2016 8:37:56 AM, desmac wrote:
At 9/20/2016 7:50:48 AM, Fatihah wrote:

No matter how hurt these women are by "wrong" guys, at least they will not be stoned to death by them.

Someone PLEASE animate this. I was about to read the funnies this morning, but this is good material.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.