Jump to topic:

Tax, Welfare, and School Grades

Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 4:57:16 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
Okay, so I was driving to school today whenever I came up with this idea.

People get tax breaks/paychecks whenever their school-age children get good grades in school. Whenever their children get bad grades or rack up unexcused absences, their taxes go up or they may have to pay a fine.
Thoughts?
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:12:37 PM
At 9/21/2016 4:57:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

People get tax breaks/paychecks whenever their school-age children get good grades in school. Whenever their children get bad grades or rack up unexcused absences, their taxes go up or they may have to pay a fine.
Thoughts?
You're getting dumber by the post.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:18:12 PM
At 9/21/2016 5:12:37 PM, NHN wrote:
At 9/21/2016 4:57:16 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:

Thoughts?
I is really really dumb

Fixed

The DDO Blog:

NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:28:40 PM
At 9/21/2016 5:18:12 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
Fixed
Must be a Southern thing.

And by that I mean the invasive state apparatus, the very idea of making citizens subject to the whims of a teacher's grade. Not even fascists were inventive in this sense. As an Orwellian fantasy, it rather veers toward the Soviet mentality.
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 5:46:36 PM
At 9/21/2016 5:28:40 PM, NHN wrote:
Fixed

And by that I mean the invasive state apparatus, the very idea of making citizens subject to the whims of a teacher's grade. Not even fascists were inventive in this sense. As an Orwellian fantasy, it rather veers toward the Soviet mentality.

It would certainly raise the possibility of teachers and parents conspiring for monetary gain, but the objective of this is to give parents an incentive to push their kids to study hard. Soon enough students around the country would be studying like Asians.

The DDO Blog:

NHN
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2016 6:06:35 PM
At 9/21/2016 5:46:36 PM, Vox_Veritas wrote:
At 9/21/2016 5:28:40 PM, NHN wrote:
Fixed

It would certainly raise the possibility of teachers and parents conspiring for monetary gain, but the objective of this is to give parents an incentive to push their kids to study hard. Soon enough students around the country would be studying like Asians.
If you're looking to turn the U.S. into communist China, then you're one misguided puppy.