Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Thoughts on the video of Scott's killing?

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2016 9:04:13 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/23/2016 8:39:21 PM, Fernyx wrote:
What do you guys think about this video?

Video: http://www.cnn.com...

I watched it earlier today and I don't think it adds much to either side... it's hard to see what's happening.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 1:02:40 PM
At 9/23/2016 9:13:40 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
More interested in the dash and body cams. That doesn't shed much light.

they don't seem to be much good either.....now the family viewed them first, then asked they not be made public, also in the cell phone video, his wife kept telling him "don't you do it!!" do what? suicide by cop? anyway this video will save me a lot of typing.

https://youtu.be...
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2016 9:37:18 PM
At 9/23/2016 9:04:13 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

I watched it earlier today and I don't think it adds much to either side... it's hard to see what's happening.

Agreed. I do, however, have to wonder why the wife keeps saying "Don't you do it Keith!"
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2016 12:52:59 PM

Most police shootings that make it to national coverage just let them bleed out till paramedics come. At least these guys appear to have done something. my computer is going on ten years old and requires youtube links. News website are moving on with the times, passing me by, and I'm letting them.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 6:49:14 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 9/25/2016 1:23:56 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
http://mobile.nytimes.com...

Murder. I was initially thinking it was a justified shot. Now I don't.

I had initial concerns due to propagandist guess work on the behalf of some brilliant reporters, then I watched a video where they made an effort to stop the bleeding, and afterwords straddled the gun, which was on the ground before the stuff was being tossed around, and remained there to protect the evidence from accidental discharge and tampering till forensics could arrive.

Then I saw a close up of the gun, and apparently am one of the only people who noticed the safety was flipped off. The gun was not cocked and locked as it would be for carry if it had that feature. It was ready to fire, with the hammer back at the lightest trigger setting. Its also blatantly obvious that the guy had rolled his pants up to draw from the ankle holster. Almost looks like suicide to me. I wonder if his family benefited?

Anyway if these cops were covering this up in plain sight with multiple witnesses present, they are pretty darn good. Justice will be served, and if anyone is guilty it'll be made known. We need to remember people are innocent until proven guilty. If someone gets blown away, I'm sorry to say, but they are well past helping. The survivor should always be given the benefit of the doubt until there is no doubt, even if things look bad.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 7:14:39 PM
At 10/5/2016 6:49:14 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

I had initial concerns due to propagandist guess work on the behalf of some brilliant reporters, then I watched a video where they made an effort to stop the bleeding, and afterwords straddled the gun, which was on the ground before the stuff was being tossed around, and remained there to protect the evidence from accidental discharge and tampering till forensics could arrive.

Then I saw a close up of the gun, and apparently am one of the only people who noticed the safety was flipped off. The gun was not cocked and locked as it would be for carry if it had that feature. It was ready to fire, with the hammer back at the lightest trigger setting. Its also blatantly obvious that the guy had rolled his pants up to draw from the ankle holster. Almost looks like suicide to me. I wonder if his family benefited?

Anyway if these cops were covering this up in plain sight with multiple witnesses present, they are pretty darn good. Justice will be served, and if anyone is guilty it'll be made known. We need to remember people are innocent until proven guilty. If someone gets blown away, I'm sorry to say, but they are well past helping. The survivor should always be given the benefit of the doubt until there is no doubt, even if things look bad.

I didn't know about the pants being rolled up, but yeah the picture of the gun, it was ready to fire, as I stated he wasn't going back to prison and figured his family might get some money since these things are often settled with our tax payer money.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 7:35:48 PM
At 10/5/2016 7:14:39 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I didn't know about the pants being rolled up, but yeah the picture of the gun, it was ready to fire, as I stated he wasn't going back to prison and figured his family might get some money since these things are often settled with our tax payer money.

Who could really blame the guy? Seems like whatever was going on he was just about out of options. I wish he could have been helped sooner, and I wish the best for his kid(s) who's probably gonna be brought up just as hard.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2016 7:52:58 PM
At 10/5/2016 7:35:48 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/5/2016 7:14:39 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

Who could really blame the guy? Seems like whatever was going on he was just about out of options. I wish he could have been helped sooner, and I wish the best for his kid(s) who's probably gonna be brought up just as hard.

Most of these situations involve mental health to some degree, but we no longer care about that which I've posted about many times, it's easier to make it a racial thing somehow or more socially acceptable, I've never been hit by a train, I guess it's because I don't stand on the tracks, though I knew a guy who lost both legs from a train, too much alcohol and drugs. This all will get worse and I hope everyone knows that, with social media and human vanity rising to new heights, things will get much worse.