Cops and the black community

intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 12:33:22 AM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/28/2016 12:13:01 AM, Stymie13 wrote:
maybe, just maybe, there might be.... read and decide for yourself.

http://www.foxnews.com...

" He REACHES OVER AND BEGAN PRAYING OVER ME AND MY FAMILY."

This caught my immediate attention.

It is astonishing how normalized praying is.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 12:35:04 AM

This has nothing to do with the black community. I read the article, touching story but does not reflect the grander portion of police departments across the U.S.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 12:49:57 AM
At 9/28/2016 12:35:04 AM, Hiu wrote:

This has nothing to do with the black community. I read the article, touching story but does not reflect the grander portion of police departments across the U.S.

As I've told you several times before, some will only see negative no matter. Personal prerogative. I like stuff like this... as I often do at work, when someone goes out of their way, I find who their boss is and call them letting them know their employee went above and beyond what was necessary.

We always here the bad because it sells but never see the good.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:06:10 AM
At 9/28/2016 12:49:57 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

As I've told you several times before, some will only see negative no matter. Personal prerogative. I like stuff like this... as I often do at work, when someone goes out of their way, I find who their boss is and call them letting them know their employee went above and beyond what was necessary.

So me highlighting that this one good situation does not relate to the "community at large" is negative? Perhaps if it was titled differently my response would be different. I am clearly highlighting the notion how one situation relates to the community which it doesn't. That one black man is not everyone in the community just as that one cop is not the multitude of cops across the United States.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:20:28 AM
At 9/28/2016 1:06:10 AM, Hiu wrote:

So me highlighting that this one good situation does not relate to the "community at large" is negative? Perhaps if it was titled differently my response would be different. I am clearly highlighting the notion how one situation relates to the community which it doesn't. That one black man is not everyone in the community just as that one cop is not the multitude of cops across the United States.

It's an extrapolation of both... cop being nice, family extending an invite. i'd ask how it should be titled but the article does a fair job itself. I was on Reuters earlier and didn't see it. Normally Reuters is really good about capturing things (I haven't checked back yet).

Was the comment overtly negative? Not so much. But somethings don't need anymore than 'that is pretty cool.' That's all I mean. Not everything needs the additional disclaimers. We all know shlt is fvcked at this time... but there are times and instances that could actually work towards a sense of community vs disparate communities.

But, as stated, everyone is entitled to their prerogative. I've been mocking the religious forum and political Trump/Hillary stuff all night. just trying to share some positive (your post I wasn't mocking, the one you were relating about your family. I didn't catch that because as I read through it, my 'fellow' atheists were irking me with their self promoting intellectual bs which really gets under my skin. kind of irks me when people castigate an entire group because there are some d.bags... there are d.bags in every group).
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:49:02 AM
At 9/28/2016 1:20:28 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

It's an extrapolation of both... cop being nice, family extending an invite. i'd ask how it should be titled but the article does a fair job itself. I was on Reuters earlier and didn't see it. Normally Reuters is really good about capturing things (I haven't checked back yet).

Was the comment overtly negative? Not so much. But somethings don't need anymore than 'that is pretty cool.' That's all I mean. Not everything needs the additional disclaimers. We all know shlt is fvcked at this time... but there are times and instances that could actually work towards a sense of community vs disparate communities.

But, as stated, everyone is entitled to their prerogative. I've been mocking the religious forum and political Trump/Hillary stuff all night. just trying to share some positive (your post I wasn't mocking, the one you were relating about your family. I didn't catch that because as I read through it, my 'fellow' atheists were irking me with their self promoting intellectual bs which really gets under my skin. kind of irks me when people castigate an entire group because there are some d.bags... there are d.bags in every group).

I agree there are d bags in every group and the article was actually a good article. It does temporarily restore my faith in humanity, most specifically police officers. Then there is a point where I close out my windows and shut my computer off and I have to go into the world at my respective location.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:53:54 AM
At 9/28/2016 1:49:02 AM, Hiu wrote:

I agree there are d bags in every group and the article was actually a good article. It does temporarily restore my faith in humanity, most specifically police officers. Then there is a point where I close out my windows and shut my computer off and I have to go into the world at my respective location.

Yeah that is why I've been online most of the night... one of my sponsees decided to rig up again after being clean for 10 days. Let's just say he's at the level one on life support and probably isn't making it through because he did exactly what I asked not to do if he's going to shoot again: use the same amount he stopped on after detoxing. And, combine the fentanyl in the mix... just another statistic in this cities claim to fame. 2.5 on average a day for 2016.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:56:05 AM

Great dialog guys! would like to see more conversations like this one! Highlighting the positive does matter, and why I'm sharing my thoughts on your interactions.
Emmarie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:57:16 AM

(also posted to Stymie) Great dialog guys! would like to see more conversations like this one! Highlighting the positive does matter, and why I'm sharing my thoughts on your interactions.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 1:59:50 AM
At 9/28/2016 1:53:54 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Yeah that is why I've been online most of the night... one of my sponsees decided to rig up again after being clean for 10 days. Let's just say he's at the level one on life support and probably isn't making it through because he did exactly what I asked not to do if he's going to shoot again: use the same amount he stopped on after detoxing. And, combine the fentanyl in the mix... just another statistic in this cities claim to fame. 2.5 on average a day for 2016.

That is sad. It reminds me of a Stevie Wonder song (Visions) that he did in concert and one of the things he mentioned was how it is a shame how we as people use drugs to get high to create our own temporal reality to escape this one.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 2:41:23 AM
At 9/28/2016 1:59:50 AM, Hiu wrote:

That is sad. It reminds me of a Stevie Wonder song (Visions) that he did in concert and one of the things he mentioned was how it is a shame how we as people use drugs to get high to create our own temporal reality to escape this one.

Don't read too much into my generalization on my phrasing here: Ole Boy (h, smack, pink, dope... Heroin), we'll all opioids are destroying my community. Man, it's every ethnicity. Us and Milwaukee just got named to a federal program called the 360 club to combat this epidemic. Everyone thinks their city or community is the worst but us and 3 others are unfortunately leading the pack. We don't have the luxury of just focusing on race. Cops are stopping people, finding grams or rigs and throwing them away, not locking people up. Why? They have to save the jail beds for the ods because the emergency rooms are overflowed and county corrections has become the largest detox unit in the area (1.6 million). On average there's 2.5 deaths per day with countless ods.

Want to know why I'm so not caring about the racial strife in the country? We have our own war here and it's fvcking us all up. We've been known to have some racial strife but right now, those in this war aren't seeing color.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 5:56:41 PM

Though I consider the act to be entirely based on the officer's moral compass I also see the strength of love and compassion here exemplified and I see leadership through example as the ultimate means of positive action in our communities. This is so great to see. Thank you stymie for sharing it with us. It sure made my day a whole lot brighter.

After combing through some of the comments on the sight found many fine examples but particularly saw merit in this one.

" We look at people who work hard and we say they have a tremendous work ethic. Ask that worker about his work ethic and he wont understand what you're talking about.

Some refer to people in their 80s and 90s as "The Greatest Generation" because of their decency, sense of dedication, selflessness and humble nature. Tell them they're part of the greatest generation and they'll give you a bewildered look.

I'm sure that Officer Robinson is reluctant to accept accolades and I'm sure he doesn't think he did anything heroic. He simply acted with compassion, respect and professionalism. In other words, he acted in accordance with a set of expectations formed by his parents, enforced by the schools and demanded by his employers. It's called life people and Mr. Robinson lived up to the standard. Ask him, he'll agree that he did what he thought was right - nothing more. We all need to conduct ourselves in that same manner.
"

While there is arguably a lot of optimistic "filling in between the lines" in this comment, the message I believe is a valid reminder in how we can do our part in making this world a better place day to day, and maintaining those great values that have already been instilled in us. Its easy to become complacent and only conduct yourself at your finest in certain company, but in the grander scheme of things its important to hold up your moral code and maintain it throughout your life in action. Even if you don't think so, somebody is always watching, and you might just make their day or even lead to improving their life. There is even a chance that they will in turn pass the favor on to the next fortunate onlooker.

At the end of the day, the state of our community comes directly from how we conduct ourselves.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 6:24:52 PM
At 9/28/2016 5:56:41 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

Though I consider the act to be entirely based on the officer's moral compass I also see the strength of love and compassion here exemplified and I see leadership through example as the ultimate means of positive action in our communities. This is so great to see. Thank you stymie for sharing it with us. It sure made my day a whole lot brighter.

After combing through some of the comments on the sight found many fine examples but particularly saw merit in this one.

" We look at people who work hard and we say they have a tremendous work ethic. Ask that worker about his work ethic and he wont understand what you're talking about.

Some refer to people in their 80s and 90s as "The Greatest Generation" because of their decency, sense of dedication, selflessness and humble nature. Tell them they're part of the greatest generation and they'll give you a bewildered look.

I'm sure that Officer Robinson is reluctant to accept accolades and I'm sure he doesn't think he did anything heroic. He simply acted with compassion, respect and professionalism. In other words, he acted in accordance with a set of expectations formed by his parents, enforced by the schools and demanded by his employers. It's called life people and Mr. Robinson lived up to the standard. Ask him, he'll agree that he did what he thought was right - nothing more. We all need to conduct ourselves in that same manner.
"

While there is arguably a lot of optimistic "filling in between the lines" in this comment, the message I believe is a valid reminder in how we can do our part in making this world a better place day to day, and maintaining those great values that have already been instilled in us. Its easy to become complacent and only conduct yourself at your finest in certain company, but in the grander scheme of things its important to hold up your moral code and maintain it throughout your life in action. Even if you don't think so, somebody is always watching, and you might just make their day or even lead to improving their life. There is even a chance that they will in turn pass the favor on to the next fortunate onlooker.

At the end of the day, the state of our community comes directly from how we conduct ourselves.

not as obvious as it should be, but so true, personal responsibility, respect, gratitude these make positive changes, riots do not.
what's even more interesting is the cop could have just taken him to jail, if this hadn't gone public he probably would have been reprimanded, his job is law enforcement
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 7:38:37 PM
At 9/28/2016 2:41:23 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

Don't read too much into my generalization on my phrasing here: Ole Boy (h, smack, pink, dope... Heroin), we'll all opioids are destroying my community. Man, it's every ethnicity. Us and Milwaukee just got named to a federal program called the 360 club to combat this epidemic. Everyone thinks their city or community is the worst but us and 3 others are unfortunately leading the pack. We don't have the luxury of just focusing on race. Cops are stopping people, finding grams or rigs and throwing them away, not locking people up. Why? They have to save the jail beds for the ods because the emergency rooms are overflowed and county corrections has become the largest detox unit in the area (1.6 million). On average there's 2.5 deaths per day with countless ods.

Want to know why I'm so not caring about the racial strife in the country? We have our own war here and it's fvcking us all up. We've been known to have some racial strife but right now, those in this war aren't seeing color.

I'm well aware of our own individual battles. I too see the everyday strife from where I work and I see people homeless and helpless suffer from the inequities of life. I guess on matters of importance, I guess we all tend to prioritize what we feel is directly important and what is indirectly important. For me, I compartmentalize the things I find important because its those things that directly effect me. I'm just so frustrated that I've done every possible action to avoid being a statistic. As a college student I've had to endure the stereotypes that my success was dependent upon the government. If I get a great job its affirmative action. If I look at a cop the wrong way it is a "stop and frisk" or asked whether I'm on probation or parole.

Now, I live in a state where I have to watch what I wear or I'm going to get stopped due to perceived gang attire. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 7:48:13 PM
At 9/28/2016 7:38:37 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 9/28/2016 2:41:23 AM, Stymie13 wrote:

I'm well aware of our own individual battles. I too see the everyday strife from where I work and I see people homeless and helpless suffer from the inequities of life. I guess on matters of importance, I guess we all tend to prioritize what we feel is directly important and what is indirectly important. For me, I compartmentalize the things I find important because its those things that directly effect me. I'm just so frustrated that I've done every possible action to avoid being a statistic. As a college student I've had to endure the stereotypes that my success was dependent upon the government. If I get a great job its affirmative action. If I look at a cop the wrong way it is a "stop and frisk" or asked whether I'm on probation or parole.

Now, I live in a state where I have to watch what I wear or I'm going to get stopped due to perceived gang attire. I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't.

and here you californians label yourselves as the enlightened part of the country.lol (no stab at you personally... again, I lived in Vegas for 4 years... we hated the Angelino invasion every weekend from clowns thinking they were, well, just annoying). Every region in this country has it's issues. Some cross regions, some are endemic to a particular geographic area. Everyone gets so consumed with the myopic they fail to see the truly big picture.

It's commendable that you want your achievements recognized for what they are... YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS. A human will. Anyone that doesn't, well in a 'past life', I'd hit 'em with an up elbow and and slap a d'arce choke (it's harder but quicker than a rear naked) just because I can. But what does that do? Get me an assault charge.

if someone has the ballz to tell you to your face that your Masters Degree (or PHD, I forgot) resulting in I'm sure either a great paying, or very rewarding to society position, is solely due to government funding and/or affirmative action, I'd say kick 'em in the nutz but really, just kindly say, thank you and fvck off.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 8:05:23 PM

I really admire what you have accomplished and what you will accomplish given the adversity you face. Lots of people have really put up needless barriers for you, and that is very unfair. You are getting it from both sides which I can't imagine how anyone can deal with that. You have the cops on one side, the criminals on the other and you are in the middle. Doesn't sound like there's any type of community, but rather all these sub cultures, criminal, law enforcement, drug etc which spills into the ordinary law abiding citizen. I can see cops being more aggressive in gang and high crime areas, if for nothing else out of fear. Ever notice certain times of the month you seem more cops writing tickets? they claim there's no quota, but I don't believe that, i wonder if they have to log a certain number of "encounters" otherwise they get in trouble. It's a shame all they do is talk about cleaning up these areas to help people like yourself, then you can be the roll model for the younger generation and finally see some real positive changes and results.
incidentally never look at a cop in a car while you are driving, they are more likely to pull you over if you are speeding or have expired tags etc, trust I know this is true.
anyway best wishes to you, I really do wish you well.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 8:17:25 PM
At 9/28/2016 8:05:23 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

I really admire what you have accomplished and what you will accomplish given the adversity you face. Lots of people have really put up needless barriers for you, and that is very unfair. You are getting it from both sides which I can't imagine how anyone can deal with that. You have the cops on one side, the criminals on the other and you are in the middle. Doesn't sound like there's any type of community, but rather all these sub cultures, criminal, law enforcement, drug etc which spills into the ordinary law abiding citizen. I can see cops being more aggressive in gang and high crime areas, if for nothing else out of fear. Ever notice certain times of the month you seem more cops writing tickets? they claim there's no quota, but I don't believe that, i wonder if they have to log a certain number of "encounters" otherwise they get in trouble. It's a shame all they do is talk about cleaning up these areas to help people like yourself, then you can be the roll model for the younger generation and finally see some real positive changes and results.
incidentally never look at a cop in a car while you are driving, they are more likely to pull you over if you are speeding or have expired tags etc, trust I know this is true.

Thanks Kevin! I appreciate the kind words.

Growing up in the inner city I"ve seen the frustration of other people of color, but the unfortunate part about their frustration is that most times African-Americans and Latinos tend to be complacent in their frustration. Whether it"s a negative encounter with law enforcement or everyday life, a lot of people want an enemy and continuously want to focus on that enemy all-the-while remaining stagnant in their frustration. The fact is I know things are unfair. Hell, life is unfair whether it"s here in the United States or on the Steppes of Mongolia. I"m sure nothing will balance itself in an equilibrium but I think as a society I think we ought to get as close to an equilibrium as possible. As a person of science it would be illogical of me to ignore the humanity beneath the pigment of our skin. To put it in perspective I know cops are human, and I know like all human beings, we all are composed of various personalities and personal biases.
Like my field in healthcare, whenever we are in a position of power especially being in a position where we can control the life and death of an individual in our midst, we have to exercise some form of objectivity. For some of us with extreme biases that can be hard especially if we"ve always had negative encounters with people of a particular demographic. But when you"re in a position of authority such as a peace officer you have to see yourself as an avatar of justice, not retribution.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 8:33:17 PM
At 9/28/2016 8:17:25 PM, Hiu wrote:

Growing up in the inner city I"ve seen the frustration of other people of color, but the unfortunate part about their frustration is that most times African-Americans and Latinos tend to be complacent in their frustration. Whether it"s a negative encounter with law enforcement or everyday life, a lot of people want an enemy and continuously want to focus on that enemy all-the-while remaining stagnant in their frustration. The fact is I know things are unfair. Hell, life is unfair whether it"s here in the United States or on the Steppes of Mongolia. I"m sure nothing will balance itself in an equilibrium but I think as a society I think we ought to get as close to an equilibrium as possible. As a person of science it would be illogical of me to ignore the humanity beneath the pigment of our skin. To put it in perspective I know cops are human, and I know like all human beings, we all are composed of various personalities and personal biases.
Like my field in healthcare, whenever we are in a position of power especially being in a position where we can control the life and death of an individual in our midst, we have to exercise some form of objectivity. For some of us with extreme biases that can be hard especially if we"ve always had negative encounters with people of a particular demographic. But when you"re in a position of authority such as a peace officer you have to see yourself as an avatar of justice, not retribution.

If only the leaders could deliver messages like you just have, that's what pisses me off about the riots etc, it warps people's perceptions, you see the vandals laughing and what they do isn't out of anger, but rather because they can. If you destroy a police car, while it's tax payer money, it at least makes sense as it is a symbol of your anger, but the business and innocent bystanders makes those who don't know better condemn them all rather than those doing it, it would be nice if the real protesters videoed them and turn it over to authorities. As far a law enforcement, there seems to be individuals who are on a power trip and really like to throw their perceived authority around, many of them dream of the day they can be in a high speed chase etc, to me these are not people who should be in that job, people in law enforcement should hope they never have to do anything, but be ready, willing and able to. Watch some youtube videos on filming the police and you'll see what I mean, color doesn't matter.
My arguments and positions are about people in your position, that should be societies number one priority for help. There a thought in healthcare about organ transplants which is similar to what i'm trying to say, organ's should only be transplanted to the healthiest of those who need it because they will have the best chance of survival and live the longest etc, currently it's the sickest gets the transplant, just using it as an analogy, hope that makes sense.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 8:34:19 PM

Ironic you say avatar... that is my profile icon.lol

And don't be knocking the steppes of Mongolia... Temujin is one of my hero's (gets a really bad rap by those who don't know history very well).
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 8:37:39 PM
At 9/28/2016 8:33:17 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

If only the leaders could deliver messages like you just have, that's what pisses me off about the riots etc, it warps people's perceptions, you see the vandals laughing and what they do isn't out of anger, but rather because they can. If you destroy a police car, while it's tax payer money, it at least makes sense as it is a symbol of your anger, but the business and innocent bystanders makes those who don't know better condemn them all rather than those doing it, it would be nice if the real protesters videoed them and turn it over to authorities. As far a law enforcement, there seems to be individuals who are on a power trip and really like to throw their perceived authority around, many of them dream of the day they can be in a high speed chase etc, to me these are not people who should be in that job, people in law enforcement should hope they never have to do anything, but be ready, willing and able to. Watch some youtube videos on filming the police and you'll see what I mean, color doesn't matter.
My arguments and positions are about people in your position, that should be societies number one priority for help. There a thought in healthcare about organ transplants which is similar to what i'm trying to say, organ's should only be transplanted to the healthiest of those who need it because they will have the best chance of survival and live the longest etc, currently it's the sickest gets the transplant, just using it as an analogy, hope that makes sense.

I understand the transplant policy, unfortunately, way too intimately (not personally, from business/financial justifications). It really is bassawkwards.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 9:20:12 PM
At 9/28/2016 8:33:17 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

It makes sense. To highlight your frustration on the riots I have to echo something that Martin Luther King said after Malcolm X was assassinated which I relate to the riots and the Dallas shootings:

"I think we have got to learn to disagree without being violently disagreeable and this whole philosophy of expressing dissent through murder must be vigorously condemned."

It is unfortunate that the degenerates of society have to hijack an image that initially stands for justice for their own gratification (meaning the rioters). It's frustrating for me to have to defend a community and a movement while the regressives from within pollute it with their ignorance.
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 9:21:00 PM
At 9/28/2016 8:34:19 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

And don't be knocking the steppes of Mongolia... Temujin is one of my hero's (gets a really bad rap by those who don't know history very well).

Well you get my point.

I'm a big fan of Ghengis Khan (my original avatar was Temujin).
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 11:17:28 PM
At 9/28/2016 9:21:00 PM, Hiu wrote:

Well you get my point.

That's because the Great Khan is 'awesome'... he who rules all under the Blue Sky. You know, if it weren't for a freak typhoon wrecking their fleet, Japan's history would have been vastly different and think just how differently the ramifications to history would have been (no Millard Fillmore, probably no WW2 as the shogunate would have been destroyed).
Hiu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 11:20:48 PM
At 9/28/2016 11:17:28 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
At 9/28/2016 9:21:00 PM, Hiu wrote:

Well you get my point.

That's because the Great Khan is 'awesome'... he who rules all under the Blue Sky. You know, if it weren't for a freak typhoon wrecking their fleet, Japan's history would have been vastly different and think just how differently the ramifications to history would have been (no Millard Fillmore, probably no WW2 as the shogunate would have been destroyed).

True....

"'I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you..."

I remember reading that about his legacy. That gives me chills even til this day.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2016 11:58:01 PM
You know Hiu, I've been thinking about something you said last night. The title I used for this thread could definitely seem like I was trying to show one example bridging a gap between an obvious issue in our society. I say issue because I always view things as opportunities for improvements vs problems. Call it the optimist, call it the problem solver, call it my experience in life.

I won't always agree, and I'm definitely more blunt but I in no way view your takes on things as flippant, militant, or not thought out. So keep on fighting your good fight.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 12:39:50 PM
At 9/28/2016 11:58:01 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
You know Hiu, I've been thinking about something you said last night. The title I used for this thread could definitely seem like I was trying to show one example bridging a gap between an obvious issue in our society. I say issue because I always view things as opportunities for improvements vs problems. Call it the optimist, call it the problem solver, call it my experience in life.

I won't always agree, and I'm definitely more blunt but I in no way view your takes on things as flippant, militant, or not thought out. So keep on fighting your good fight.

There's many, probably most who think along those same lines and why those who appear to act on behalf of blm need to be denounced and alienated from the movement, much like any supremacist group who advertises a march and are strongly protested against (as they should be) It's close to being too late, but the movement needs to rise up above the violence, condemn and distance itself from it and find the higher road, it works, history has proven so.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 12:55:27 PM
At 9/29/2016 12:39:50 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
At 9/28/2016 11:58:01 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

There's many, probably most who think along those same lines and why those who appear to act on behalf of blm need to be denounced and alienated from the movement, much like any supremacist group who advertises a march and are strongly protested against (as they should be) It's close to being too late, but the movement needs to rise up above the violence, condemn and distance itself from it and find the higher road, it works, history has proven so.

If it is to be a positive force, you are 100% correct.

If not, is joins many other movements to the trash heap of history.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 1:35:36 PM
Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask to Black Lives Matter protest
"A lot of us didn"t take it, but I just took as a sign of peace offering and just to show him that, just because he"s being disrespectful towards me, I won"t be disrespectful towards him."
http://www.usatoday.com...

talk about taking the high road and a sorely needed role model.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 5:05:57 PM
At 9/29/2016 1:35:36 PM, kevin24018 wrote:
Student arrested after wearing gorilla mask to Black Lives Matter protest
"A lot of us didn"t take it, but I just took as a sign of peace offering and just to show him that, just because he"s being disrespectful towards me, I won"t be disrespectful towards him."
http://www.usatoday.com...

talk about taking the high road and a sorely needed role model.

That kid is awesome... not the idiot wearing the gorilla mask. Just as the rabble rousers who eff up peaceful protests can give the protest itself a bad name, idiots like this give the other side, in this case white southerners, a bad name.