White Lives Matter

Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 6:49:42 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
At 9/29/2016 6:24:35 PM, Fernyx wrote:
This is obvious systemic racism and ageism.

http://www.cnn.com...

This isn't remotely comparable to the issues that the black community is saying they're dealing with. Even in the footage the officers say they didn't know there was a kid in the car.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 6:52:10 PM
At 9/29/2016 6:49:42 PM, Burzmali wrote:

This isn't remotely comparable to the issues that the black community is saying they're dealing with. Even in the footage the officers say they didn't know there was a kid in the car.

You are right, a kid sitting in a car isn't nearly comparable to Michael Brown reaching for an offers gun and trying to beat him. Glad you actually looked to the facts of the case before claiming racism, probably because you are trying to disprove a narrative instead of create one.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 6:53:35 PM
At 9/29/2016 6:52:10 PM, Fernyx wrote:

You are right, a kid sitting in a car isn't nearly comparable to Michael Brown reaching for an offers gun and trying to beat him. Glad you actually looked to the facts of the case before claiming racism, probably because you are trying to disprove a narrative instead of create one.

Whatever point you're trying to make seems to be muddied by sarcasm. What are you actually trying to say in this thread?
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 7:32:11 PM
The crux of the matter... real issues in regards to inequal treatment leading to hypersensitivity and downright misleading stories when they aren't factual, leading to obfuscation of the legit cases ultimately resulting in claims from the 'other' side, in this case whitey snowflakes, and a complete and utter breakdown of any sort of dialogue, discourse, or resolution.

Who's to blame? Every fvcking body!
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2016 8:09:17 PM

I just posted the same link to a different thread, before I saw this one.

it proves a police issue, in the article "Stafford has a history of excessive force, including two incidences of unnecessarily using a stun gun and breaking a 16-year-old girl"s arm while ending a school bus fight" now if those kids where white them maybe you could make an argument. However "Officials in Marksville originally said the officers were attempting to serve a warrant to Few, though no warrants have been located."
one of them had an encounter with the father before, so I'd say if anything this was a bit of revenge or harassment.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 2:11:09 AM
At 9/29/2016 6:53:35 PM, Burzmali wrote:

Whatever point you're trying to make seems to be muddied by sarcasm. What are you actually trying to say in this thread?

People don't care about the evidence in the case when making their own points, and they only care when disproving other's points. This is very much what happens with BLM, they start riots when hearing police killed a black man, before the case details even surface. Most recently you find this in NC where they thought the guy was innocently reading a book, which was never found at the crime scene. 1 died and many were injured, robbed, or looted as a result.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 2:15:52 AM
At 9/29/2016 7:32:11 PM, Stymie13 wrote:
The crux of the matter... real issues in regards to inequal treatment leading to hypersensitivity and downright misleading stories when they aren't factual, leading to obfuscation of the legit cases ultimately resulting in claims from the 'other' side, in this case whitey snowflakes, and a complete and utter breakdown of any sort of dialogue, discourse, or resolution.

My first post was obvious sarcasm to see if people would actually look at evidence for once, and of course, I was right.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 3:05:57 AM

I don't really know who you are as a person, but your words disgust me. That is soooooo sad. Was the father armed or what? Why were they firing into his car? Why would he risk his kids life? Police wouldn't just pepper a vehicle for no reason. I felt the article focused mainly on the boy, which makes sense as its the most emotional aspect, but there is really little else here.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Stymie13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 3:17:55 AM
At 9/30/2016 2:15:52 AM, Fernyx wrote:
At 9/29/2016 7:32:11 PM, Stymie13 wrote:

My first post was obvious sarcasm to see if people would actually look at evidence for once, and of course, I was right.

I got the sarcasm and I read the story. I was commenting about the whole issue where both 'sides' are fvcked up.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 5:32:10 AM

Isn't this fucking_weird? The police shoot a kid and instead of going "oh man BLM is right. Cops are too gun crazy and we need to do something about it" you sit there and politicize his death against the only people trying to make situations like this less rare. Like what are you saying? You're ok with the status quo? You're ok with this?

This boils down to you saying "hey look the police killed a 6 year old white kid so there's totally nothing wrong with the police!" You seriously ought to be ashamed of yourself.
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 5:59:21 AM
Also I noticed that the cops in the situation got charged but the cop who killed Tamir Rice wasn't.

Kinda seems like...idk...there's more of a value on the 6 year olds life right?
#BlackLivesMatter
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 11:17:50 AM
At 9/30/2016 5:59:21 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
Also I noticed that the cops in the situation got charged but the cop who killed Tamir Rice wasn't.

Was the kid in the back of the car holding a replica weapon, or have the cops called on him in general for brandishing what looked to be a firearm?

No?

Hm.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 12:59:27 PM
At 9/30/2016 11:17:50 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Was the kid in the back of the car holding a replica weapon, or have the cops called on him in general for brandishing what looked to be a firearm?

No?

Hm.

ikr, are people born with blinders on or do they get them surgically fix later in life? selective reading doesn't allow them to see "NO WARRANT WAS FOUND" and the father had a run in with one of the officers before. shooting a feeling person is far different than someone pointing a gun (realist looking toy even) at the police.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 1:11:26 PM
At 9/30/2016 12:59:27 PM, kevin24018 wrote:

No?

Hm.

ikr, are people born with blinders on or do they get them surgically fix later in life? selective reading doesn't allow them to see "NO WARRANT WAS FOUND" and the father had a run in with one of the officers before. shooting a feeling person is far different than someone pointing a gun (realist looking toy even) at the police.

Tamir Rice being killed was a horrible situation, I am not giving the cops a pass on whether that should have been handled better, but they were called for a person brandishing a gun. They roll up on the scene where, lo, a person is brandishing a gun.

I am not terribly certain as to how behaving that way with any variety of firearm, replica or not, was taught as appropriate behavior.

Where I come from there is a phrase for that. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 1:36:47 PM
At 9/30/2016 1:11:26 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

No?

Hm.

Tamir Rice being killed was a horrible situation, I am not giving the cops a pass on whether that should have been handled better, but they were called for a person brandishing a gun. They roll up on the scene where, lo, a person is brandishing a gun.

I am not terribly certain as to how behaving that way with any variety of firearm, replica or not, was taught as appropriate behavior.

Where I come from there is a phrase for that. "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

exactly, it was a horrible situation all around and unless these cops really are cold blooded killers they will have to live with it, I was taught gun safety in school. There is a general societal acceptance of violence (glorification of) disrespect, irresponsibility, entitlement, and increased stupidity. It's very sad what our society has devolved to and this us vs them mentality, it is cliche but, why can't we all just get along?
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 1:42:56 PM
At 9/30/2016 5:32:10 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:

Isn't this fucking_weird? The police shoot a kid and instead of going "oh man BLM is right. Cops are too gun crazy and we need to do something about it" you sit there and politicize his death against the only people trying to make situations like this less rare. Like what are you saying? You're ok with the status quo? You're ok with this?

This boils down to you saying "hey look the police killed a 6 year old white kid so there's totally nothing wrong with the police!" You seriously ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Not my stance at all, I believe BLM takes the focus off police brutality and on to racism, which completely bypasses the real issue.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 1:44:45 PM

They charged the Terence Crutcher police shooter.
Fernyx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 1:49:51 PM
At 9/30/2016 3:05:57 AM, Quadrunner wrote:

I don't really know who you are as a person, but your words disgust me. That is soooooo sad. Was the father armed or what? Why were they firing into his car? Why would he risk his kids life? Police wouldn't just pepper a vehicle for no reason. I felt the article focused mainly on the boy, which makes sense as its the most emotional aspect, but there is really little else here.

So it is okay to politicize arguments in cases such as Terence Crutcher, but not a case in 2012? Also like what I said to the first person who replied, I like how BLM ignores the facts of a case like Keith Scott and form riots, but will look at facts when trying to disprove someone else. Lastly is it okay that they fired into a car without knowing there was a kid in it, because last I saw there was protest over a bb gun.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 3:58:33 PM

No?

Hm.

But it comes down to what the cops didn't know right? Cops didn't know the gun was fake or cops didn't know the kid was in the car.
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 3:59:34 PM

No?

Hm.

Have you seen the Tamir Rice footage? What about John Crawford?
#BlackLivesMatter
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:00:43 PM

No?

Hm.

Ironically playing with a toy gun in an open carry state is a death sentence.
#BlackLivesMatter
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:02:09 PM
At 9/30/2016 3:58:33 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

No?

Hm.

But it comes down to what the cops didn't know right? Cops didn't know the gun was fake or cops didn't know the kid was in the car.

to me it's about shooting at someone trying to get away, that rarely is justified, you are comparing, basically shooting someone in the back, vs something possibly pointing a real gun at you, not even close, sorry.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:04:08 PM
At 9/30/2016 4:00:43 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

No?

Hm.

that has been addressed to a final conclusion, please look stuff up before posting stuff like this, it really makes you look bad, learn what you can and can't do with open carry, look up brandishing, why toys have orange tips etc, come on that's a piss poor post.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:04:21 PM
At 9/30/2016 1:42:56 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 9/30/2016 5:32:10 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:

Not my stance at all, I believe BLM takes the focus off police brutality and on to racism, which completely bypasses the real issue.

No we don't. And as such we are the most prominent group actually calling for police reform...how are you planning on making sure future six year olds and twelve year olds and mentally challenged people aren't gunned down in the streets?
#BlackLivesMatter
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:07:26 PM

No?

Hm.

Yeah. This is going to shock you, but actions have consequences. Behaving as though your toy gun is a real gun will cause people to believe it to be a lethal weapon. Clearly, this child was not taught or had no common sense as to the awesome responsibility such a right brings with. My father taught me about this from an incredibly early age.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:12:39 PM
At 9/30/2016 3:58:33 PM, Agent_Orange wrote:

No?

Hm.

Indeed. And it comes to find out there was no weapon in the car, there was no warrants to be served against this person, the body/dash cam videos paint a very grim picture why this individual was stopped at all, much less shot at.

Contrast that to having a person brandishing a gun in a public park.
kevin24018
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:12:39 PM
At 9/30/2016 4:07:26 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

No?

Hm.

Yeah. This is going to shock you, but actions have consequences. Behaving as though your toy gun is a real gun will cause people to believe it to be a lethal weapon. Clearly, this child was not taught or had no common sense as to the awesome responsibility such a right brings with. My father taught me about this from an incredibly early age.

much easier to lay blame than show lack of responsibility, it's sad, wish it never happened, but it did, and what good might have come from it has been the very opposite, every school could have taken 5 minutes to address the dangers of what he did, media outlets could have done the same out of their own pockets, could have saved some lives, but we got riots instead.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:16:56 PM
At 9/30/2016 2:11:09 AM, Fernyx wrote:
At 9/29/2016 6:53:35 PM, Burzmali wrote:

People don't care about the evidence in the case when making their own points, and they only care when disproving other's points. This is very much what happens with BLM, they start riots when hearing police killed a black man, before the case details even surface. Most recently you find this in NC where they thought the guy was innocently reading a book, which was never found at the crime scene. 1 died and many were injured, robbed, or looted as a result.

There have been enough incidents where the facts have bore out that the shooting was problematic that I can forgive people for being reticent to wait before responding. It's like if Alex Jones somehow stumbled onto a legitimate conspiracy theory, I can forgive people for dismissing him outright since he has a decade-long history of being a nut. The consequences of folks rioting are more severe, certainly, but I have some degree of empathy for the situation.

I think your OP misses not only that context, but the broader context and history of race in the US.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2016 4:17:56 PM
At 9/30/2016 4:07:26 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

No?

Hm.

What the fuck_else do you do with a toy gun, use it as a fucking_baseball bat? You're literally saying he deserved to die for playing with the toy as intended.

Have you actually seen the footage of his murder?
#BlackLivesMatter