Jump to topic:

A Question to All Former Leftists

ThisIsMyUsername333
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 10:04:14 PM
Posted: 2 months ago
So, this is a question to all the former leftists out there: when was your first "political awakening," so to speak, and what was the reason for it?

For me, it was in the late 8th grade. My friend and I used to walk to school together, and one day, he just starts saying things like "triggered" and "sjw," and I had no idea what they meant. Then, he started saying stuff about feminists, and at this point, I had though I had lost him to the "dark side" (his father is a conservative, so I thought maybe he was to blame). So, I got on the Internet after school and started looking these things up, and over the course of a few days, I realized how stupid I was my whole life. I gave up watching TYT and The Daily Show, and took some time looking into politics.

After my first awakening, I still considered myself a liberal, but a liberal who was against political correctness, feminism, and BLM. However, at this point, I still was a bit to keen on defending Islam. Then, I transitioned into a libertarian, but more of a Gary Johnson libertarian, and this is when I became a bit more educated on the Quran. And finally, as I watched more Steven Crowder and Ben Shapiro and followed the election, and as I learned more and more about politics from all sources, I got to where I am now, at the conservative-libertarian border. I just want to see how things went to all the other former leftists out there.

And by the way, when I say I was left, I mean I was so far left that I thought there was fifty-something genders. I don't care about how left anybody else was, but you had to have been somewhat leftist.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 11:52:49 PM
At 10/2/2016 10:04:14 PM, ThisIsMyUsername333 wrote:
So, this is a question to all the former leftists out there: when was your first "political awakening," so to speak, and what was the reason for it?

I was center-right growing up, with a rather dysfunctional family. I was also a loner at school. First year of high school, I became acquainted with another loner who introduced me to politics from a Green hard-progressive worldview, mostly in the form of anti-Bush sentiment. We fell out shortly after, but I continued to be brainwashed by anti-Bush media, which also coincided with my realization that my family are horrible people.

Around 20, I found that my SJW brainwashing clashed with my innate libertarianism and fact-checking, and that many on the far-left were irrational. I then had a brief friendship and falling-out with a horrible feminazi who destroyed my self-worth in the space of a few months. I finally realized that feminism is a disease and must be purged from the face of the Earth. I knee-jerked into hard-right philosophy for a bit before realizing that was bullsh*t too, and thus came full circle to being center-right.

After watching Milo Yiannopoulos, I've realized that even my center-right philosophy was wrong and socially-imposed, and that my actual beliefs are libertarian in nature. I still have a few left-wing views, such as single-payer healthcare and global warming, but that's only because there's overwhelming evidence in favor of those things.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2016 10:26:23 PM
When I started checking Michael Moore's citations. I don't like to admit this, but I voted for Al Gore