Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Black Lives Matter: The Terrorist Group

thebiglarry
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM, thebiglarry wrote:
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
thebiglarry
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2016 3:33:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
: At 10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.


Hey Quadrunner,
You sir/mam are great. I very much appreciate your well structured response and enjoy your willingness for debate. Many of my statements were to incite the beginning of an argument and provoke people to respond. I agree with you in that the original stance of the movement was, in my eyes, justifiable. I also agree with you in that many of the people participating in these riots and raids are just getting "sucked up" into the excitement. But I don't believe this completely pardons the movement. I think they help incite this through their hateful rhetoric. But why not combine themselves with the ALM movement? Is it an integrity thing? Or maybe I am not viewing the situation correctly. Maybe if everyone was a little more peaceful and willing to hold conversations, like NFL corner back Richard Sherman, I believe many people would feel better about the BLM movement; including myself.

Anyways,
Thanks for participating in my topic
RayOfWisdom
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 4:00:58 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM, thebiglarry wrote:
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.

Excellent job at provoking. Indeed, your title is sensational in its ability to incite passions. Unfortunately, however, your argument is quite flawed and demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of BLM.

The notion that BLM is a terror organization is ludicrous because the violence that you are attributing to riots has not been the result of BLM. BLM has never organized or legitimized any riot because they are a peaceful advocacy group. If violence has occurred at their protests, I can guarantee you that BLM was not the aggressor because the whole point of the BLM movement is to prevent violence. The violence at riots is due to unaffiliated individuals or groups who most certainly do not belong to BLM, no matter what these independent agents claim. Then, people perpetuate the lie that the BLM movement is violent, and because that lie is more sensational and entertaining, it is broadcasted in a way that fits into a false and divisive narrative about people of color. Unlike Donald Trump, BLM does not promote "hateful rhetoric." The passion of their movement is due to injustice and because hate is such a particularly powerful emotion, it can never be justified.

The BLM movement arose as a necessary response to the VERY unjustified murders and other systematic injustices committed against people of color in America (no quotation marks needed). The ALM movement began AFTER BLM because the misinformed many who misunderstand BLM decided that they wanted to silence it. It is also worth noting that BLM have protested police murders of white people that, interestingly, ALM did not. One such example is the tragedy of Dylan Noble.

To unambiguously and firmly hold that #BlackLivesMatter is not to say that black lives matter more than white lives or that blue lives don't matter. This affirmation of the worth of black lives in particular is needed as a response to an undeniable systematic injustice in law enforcement and criminal justice.

On a personal/individualistic note: If you have questions about what is meant by institutional minority oppression (which is not a myth or an illusion), then it is in your best interest"as someone who hopefully wants to be intelligent"to arrive at some higher understanding. As a possible starting point, consider that a few weeks ago, an actually convicted white rapist was processed, tried, given an outrageously brief sentence, and only served a fraction of this outrageously brief sentence while countless women and men of color have violated ZERO laws and yet were killed on the spot. There are no circumstantial "if"s "and"s or "but"s about it. There is no reason that a child should be gunned down, can we not agree on that? Why are people of color perceived as more threatening and treated unjustly? Those are the issues that BLM addresses, it's not a "pro-black anti-everything-else" movement.
ken1122
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 4:02:03 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/14/2016 4:00:58 PM, RayOfWisdom wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM, thebiglarry wrote:
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.

Excellent job at provoking. Indeed, your title is sensational in its ability to incite passions. Unfortunately, however, your argument is quite flawed and demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of BLM.

The notion that BLM is a terror organization is ludicrous because the violence that you are attributing to riots has not been the result of BLM. BLM has never organized or legitimized any riot because they are a peaceful advocacy group. If violence has occurred at their protests, I can guarantee you that BLM was not the aggressor because the whole point of the BLM movement is to prevent violence. The violence at riots is due to unaffiliated individuals or groups who most certainly do not belong to BLM, no matter what these independent agents claim. Then, people perpetuate the lie that the BLM movement is violent, and because that lie is more sensational and entertaining, it is broadcasted in a way that fits into a false and divisive narrative about people of color. Unlike Donald Trump, BLM does not promote "hateful rhetoric." The passion of their movement is due to injustice and because hate is such a particularly powerful emotion, it can never be justified.


I disagree! What about the 7 white guys who were attacked by a group of thugs yelling Black Live Matter in Akron Ohio? What about the gunman in Dallas during a Black Lives Matter protest who opened fire on the Police killing 5 cops and wounding several others? He specifically said he did that on behalf of Black Lives Matter? There are countless other examples of hate filled people acting violent on behalf of the BLM movement; to suggest they are a peaceful group is absurd.
The Ku Klux Klan never organized lynching or rioting, the members did. The KKK attracts racists and those racists do the dirty work of terrorism. BLM may not organize violence, but they attract racist and people full of hate towards cops and whites and those hate filled people do the dirty work of terrorism.

The BLM movement arose as a necessary response to the VERY unjustified murders and other systematic injustices committed against people of color in America (no quotation marks needed).

No; the BLM movement arouse when Michael Brown went after a police officers gun and was killed in the process. They never cared about the facts, they never cared about the truth, they never cared about justice, the only thing they cared about was rioting when the shooting was deemed justified. News Flash!!! When you go for a cops gun, you deserve to get shot.

The ALM movement began AFTER BLM because the misinformed many who misunderstand BLM decided that they wanted to silence it. It is also worth noting that BLM have protested police murders of white people that, interestingly, ALM did not. One such example is the tragedy of Dylan Noble.

That killing in Fresno had white lives matter, and black lives matter protesting, and black people are a tiny minority in that city. Examples like Dylan Nobel are rare.

To unambiguously and firmly hold that #BlackLivesMatter is not to say that black lives matter more than white lives or that blue lives don't matter. This affirmation of the worth of black lives in particular is needed as a response to an undeniable systematic injustice in law enforcement and criminal justice.

Far more whites are killed by the Police than blacks,
https://www.themarshallproject.org...
but if you look at the media, you would think only blacks are being killed, and BLM is reacting to what they see in the media.

On a personal/individualistic note: If you have questions about what is meant by institutional minority oppression (which is not a myth or an illusion), then it is in your best interest"as someone who hopefully wants to be intelligent"to arrive at some higher understanding. As a possible starting point, consider that a few weeks ago, an actually convicted white rapist was processed, tried, given an outrageously brief sentence, and only served a fraction of this outrageously brief sentence while countless women and men of color have violated ZERO laws and yet were killed on the spot. There are no circumstantial "if"s "and"s or "but"s about it.

Pointing out an unusual example in one state of a white person getting off, then pointing to an unusual example of a black person being mistreated, in another state says nothing because one could just as easily point to an unusual example of a black person getting off, then point to an unusual example of a white person being mistreated.

There is no reason that a child should be gunned down, can we not agree on that?

Are you kidding me? Tamir Rice had a toy gun that was doctored to look real! Then he went down the street pointing it at people and cars as they passed by. Though he was only 12 years old, he stood 5"7" and weighed nearly 200 lbs; he was adult size. When he pointed his toy gun at the police, he was shot! Though tragic, it is ridicules to suggest cops actions were unwarranted.

Ken
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 10:22:33 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 4:02:03 AM, ken1122 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 4:00:58 PM, RayOfWisdom wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM, thebiglarry wrote:
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.

Excellent job at provoking. Indeed, your title is sensational in its ability to incite passions. Unfortunately, however, your argument is quite flawed and demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of BLM.

The notion that BLM is a terror organization is ludicrous because the violence that you are attributing to riots has not been the result of BLM. BLM has never organized or legitimized any riot because they are a peaceful advocacy group. If violence has occurred at their protests, I can guarantee you that BLM was not the aggressor because the whole point of the BLM movement is to prevent violence. The violence at riots is due to unaffiliated individuals or groups who most certainly do not belong to BLM, no matter what these independent agents claim. Then, people perpetuate the lie that the BLM movement is violent, and because that lie is more sensational and entertaining, it is broadcasted in a way that fits into a false and divisive narrative about people of color. Unlike Donald Trump, BLM does not promote "hateful rhetoric." The passion of their movement is due to injustice and because hate is such a particularly powerful emotion, it can never be justified.


I disagree! What about the 7 white guys who were attacked by a group of thugs yelling Black Live Matter in Akron Ohio? What about the gunman in Dallas during a Black Lives Matter protest who opened fire on the Police killing 5 cops and wounding several others? He specifically said he did that on behalf of Black Lives Matter? There are countless other examples of hate filled people acting violent on behalf of the BLM movement; to suggest they are a peaceful group is absurd.
The Ku Klux Klan never organized lynching or rioting, the members did. The KKK attracts racists and those racists do the dirty work of terrorism. BLM may not organize violence, but they attract racist and people full of hate towards cops and whites and those hate filled people do the dirty work of terrorism.

The BLM movement arose as a necessary response to the VERY unjustified murders and other systematic injustices committed against people of color in America (no quotation marks needed).

No; the BLM movement arouse when Michael Brown went after a police officers gun and was killed in the process. They never cared about the facts, they never cared about the truth, they never cared about justice, the only thing they cared about was rioting when the shooting was deemed justified. News Flash!!! When you go for a cops gun, you deserve to get shot.

The ALM movement began AFTER BLM because the misinformed many who misunderstand BLM decided that they wanted to silence it. It is also worth noting that BLM have protested police murders of white people that, interestingly, ALM did not. One such example is the tragedy of Dylan Noble.

That killing in Fresno had white lives matter, and black lives matter protesting, and black people are a tiny minority in that city. Examples like Dylan Nobel are rare.

To unambiguously and firmly hold that #BlackLivesMatter is not to say that black lives matter more than white lives or that blue lives don't matter. This affirmation of the worth of black lives in particular is needed as a response to an undeniable systematic injustice in law enforcement and criminal justice.

Far more whites are killed by the Police than blacks,
https://www.themarshallproject.org...
but if you look at the media, you would think only blacks are being killed, and BLM is reacting to what they see in the media.

On a personal/individualistic note: If you have questions about what is meant by institutional minority oppression (which is not a myth or an illusion), then it is in your best interest"as someone who hopefully wants to be intelligent"to arrive at some higher understanding. As a possible starting point, consider that a few weeks ago, an actually convicted white rapist was processed, tried, given an outrageously brief sentence, and only served a fraction of this outrageously brief sentence while countless women and men of color have violated ZERO laws and yet were killed on the spot. There are no circumstantial "if"s "and"s or "but"s about it.

Pointing out an unusual example in one state of a white person getting off, then pointing to an unusual example of a black person being mistreated, in another state says nothing because one could just as easily point to an unusual example of a black person getting off, then point to an unusual example of a white person being mistreated.

There is no reason that a child should be gunned down, can we not agree on that?

Are you kidding me? Tamir Rice had a toy gun that was doctored to look real! Then he went down the street pointing it at people and cars as they passed by. Though he was only 12 years old, he stood 5"7" and weighed nearly 200 lbs; he was adult size. When he pointed his toy gun at the police, he was shot! Though tragic, it is ridicules to suggest cops actions were unwarranted.

Ken

A child should not be gunned down for any reason. The legality and morality of the situation is debatable. The should this have happened aspect is not. I hope an argument is not made based on misconception.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
ken1122
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 12:53:28 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 10:22:33 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/18/2016 4:02:03 AM, ken1122 wrote:
At 10/14/2016 4:00:58 PM, RayOfWisdom wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM, thebiglarry wrote:
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.

Excellent job at provoking. Indeed, your title is sensational in its ability to incite passions. Unfortunately, however, your argument is quite flawed and demonstrates a fundamental misunderstanding of BLM.

The notion that BLM is a terror organization is ludicrous because the violence that you are attributing to riots has not been the result of BLM. BLM has never organized or legitimized any riot because they are a peaceful advocacy group. If violence has occurred at their protests, I can guarantee you that BLM was not the aggressor because the whole point of the BLM movement is to prevent violence. The violence at riots is due to unaffiliated individuals or groups who most certainly do not belong to BLM, no matter what these independent agents claim. Then, people perpetuate the lie that the BLM movement is violent, and because that lie is more sensational and entertaining, it is broadcasted in a way that fits into a false and divisive narrative about people of color. Unlike Donald Trump, BLM does not promote "hateful rhetoric." The passion of their movement is due to injustice and because hate is such a particularly powerful emotion, it can never be justified.


I disagree! What about the 7 white guys who were attacked by a group of thugs yelling Black Live Matter in Akron Ohio? What about the gunman in Dallas during a Black Lives Matter protest who opened fire on the Police killing 5 cops and wounding several others? He specifically said he did that on behalf of Black Lives Matter? There are countless other examples of hate filled people acting violent on behalf of the BLM movement; to suggest they are a peaceful group is absurd.
The Ku Klux Klan never organized lynching or rioting, the members did. The KKK attracts racists and those racists do the dirty work of terrorism. BLM may not organize violence, but they attract racist and people full of hate towards cops and whites and those hate filled people do the dirty work of terrorism.

The BLM movement arose as a necessary response to the VERY unjustified murders and other systematic injustices committed against people of color in America (no quotation marks needed).

No; the BLM movement arouse when Michael Brown went after a police officers gun and was killed in the process. They never cared about the facts, they never cared about the truth, they never cared about justice, the only thing they cared about was rioting when the shooting was deemed justified. News Flash!!! When you go for a cops gun, you deserve to get shot.

The ALM movement began AFTER BLM because the misinformed many who misunderstand BLM decided that they wanted to silence it. It is also worth noting that BLM have protested police murders of white people that, interestingly, ALM did not. One such example is the tragedy of Dylan Noble.

That killing in Fresno had white lives matter, and black lives matter protesting, and black people are a tiny minority in that city. Examples like Dylan Nobel are rare.

To unambiguously and firmly hold that #BlackLivesMatter is not to say that black lives matter more than white lives or that blue lives don't matter. This affirmation of the worth of black lives in particular is needed as a response to an undeniable systematic injustice in law enforcement and criminal justice.

Far more whites are killed by the Police than blacks,
https://www.themarshallproject.org...
but if you look at the media, you would think only blacks are being killed, and BLM is reacting to what they see in the media.

On a personal/individualistic note: If you have questions about what is meant by institutional minority oppression (which is not a myth or an illusion), then it is in your best interest"as someone who hopefully wants to be intelligent"to arrive at some higher understanding. As a possible starting point, consider that a few weeks ago, an actually convicted white rapist was processed, tried, given an outrageously brief sentence, and only served a fraction of this outrageously brief sentence while countless women and men of color have violated ZERO laws and yet were killed on the spot. There are no circumstantial "if"s "and"s or "but"s about it.

Pointing out an unusual example in one state of a white person getting off, then pointing to an unusual example of a black person being mistreated, in another state says nothing because one could just as easily point to an unusual example of a black person getting off, then point to an unusual example of a white person being mistreated.

There is no reason that a child should be gunned down, can we not agree on that?

Are you kidding me? Tamir Rice had a toy gun that was doctored to look real! Then he went down the street pointing it at people and cars as they passed by. Though he was only 12 years old, he stood 5"7" and weighed nearly 200 lbs; he was adult size. When he pointed his toy gun at the police, he was shot! Though tragic, it is ridicules to suggest cops actions were unwarranted.

Ken

A child should not be gunned down for any reason. The legality and morality of the situation is debatable. The should this have happened aspect is not. I hope an argument is not made based on misconception.

I'm not saying he should have been shot, I'm saying to imply the police were wrong is absurd.

Ken
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 3:55:44 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/19/2016 3:19:55 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm a terrorist?

Read before posting lol. And being a member of a terrorist group does not make you a terrorist, not that it is a terrorist group.

I'd be interested to hear your reply to what has been stated thus far...or maybe what your opinion of the group and its reputation.

Do you feel BLM is catching more flack then it deserves? I've noticed its almost automatically associated with just about all stories involving black people now....

Are you a member? What's your roll?
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Agent_Orange
Posts: 2,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 8:02:14 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/19/2016 3:55:44 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/19/2016 3:19:55 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm a terrorist?

Read before posting lol. And being a member of a terrorist group does not make you a terrorist, not that it is a terrorist group.
I read the very first post but every week someone here calls me a terrorist.

I'd be interested to hear your reply to what has been stated thus far...or maybe what your opinion of the group and its reputation.
He's not saying anything that hasn't been said before. Frankly it's all BS and I'm tired of tearing apart this mouth diarrhea

Do you feel BLM is catching more flack then it deserves? I've noticed its almost automatically associated with just about all stories involving black people now....
Absolutely. But it's the civil rights movement all over again. Look it up MLK got many letters blaming him for black on black crying and blah blah blah

Are you a member? What's your roll?
#BlackLivesMatter
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 12:29:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/19/2016 3:55:44 AM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/19/2016 3:19:55 AM, Agent_Orange wrote:
I'm a terrorist?

Read before posting lol. And being a member of a terrorist group does not make you a terrorist, not that it is a terrorist group.

I'd be interested to hear your reply to what has been stated thus far...or maybe what your opinion of the group and its reputation.

Do you feel BLM is catching more flack then it deserves? I've noticed its almost automatically associated with just about all stories involving black people now....

Are you a member? What's your roll?

I think the association is drawn due to lack of denouncing and staking a stance against the violence done seemingly in the name of blm If you are given a reputation and do nothing to clear it up than you own and accept it. What have they done to improve their imagine? Nothing that I have see, certainly not anything of worth.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 1:38:16 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/6/2016 3:33:41 PM, thebiglarry wrote:
: At 10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.


Hey Quadrunner,
You sir/mam are great. I very much appreciate your well structured response and enjoy your willingness for debate. Many of my statements were to incite the beginning of an argument and provoke people to respond. I agree with you in that the original stance of the movement was, in my eyes, justifiable. I also agree with you in that many of the people participating in these riots and raids are just getting "sucked up" into the excitement. But I don't believe this completely pardons the movement. I think they help incite this through their hateful rhetoric. But why not combine themselves with the ALM movement? Is it an integrity thing? Or maybe I am not viewing the situation correctly. Maybe if everyone was a little more peaceful and willing to hold conversations, like NFL corner back Richard Sherman, I believe many people would feel better about the BLM movement; including myself.

Anyways,
Thanks for participating in my topic

Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 2:04:13 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Who are you referring to with 'they'?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 6:03:39 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/19/2016 1:38:16 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:33:41 PM, thebiglarry wrote:
: At 10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.


Hey Quadrunner,
You sir/mam are great. I very much appreciate your well structured response and enjoy your willingness for debate. Many of my statements were to incite the beginning of an argument and provoke people to respond. I agree with you in that the original stance of the movement was, in my eyes, justifiable. I also agree with you in that many of the people participating in these riots and raids are just getting "sucked up" into the excitement. But I don't believe this completely pardons the movement. I think they help incite this through their hateful rhetoric. But why not combine themselves with the ALM movement? Is it an integrity thing? Or maybe I am not viewing the situation correctly. Maybe if everyone was a little more peaceful and willing to hold conversations, like NFL corner back Richard Sherman, I believe many people would feel better about the BLM movement; including myself.

Anyways,
Thanks for participating in my topic

Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.

so you don't believe in so called white privilege, reparations and most of what the feminist believe, for the reason you just mentioned you can't paint a whole group with the same brush, right?
however to your point blm needs to better and consistantly address those who do violence and hate under the blm banner, otherwise by not doing it, it's like they approve it.
Quadrunner
Posts: 1,070
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2016 6:10:41 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/19/2016 1:38:16 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:33:41 PM, thebiglarry wrote:
: At 10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.


Hey Quadrunner,
You sir/mam are great. I very much appreciate your well structured response and enjoy your willingness for debate. Many of my statements were to incite the beginning of an argument and provoke people to respond. I agree with you in that the original stance of the movement was, in my eyes, justifiable. I also agree with you in that many of the people participating in these riots and raids are just getting "sucked up" into the excitement. But I don't believe this completely pardons the movement. I think they help incite this through their hateful rhetoric. But why not combine themselves with the ALM movement? Is it an integrity thing? Or maybe I am not viewing the situation correctly. Maybe if everyone was a little more peaceful and willing to hold conversations, like NFL corner back Richard Sherman, I believe many people would feel better about the BLM movement; including myself.

Anyways,
Thanks for participating in my topic

Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.

A differentiation should be drawn in my case. I do not cast a shadow across the entire group, and recognize there are many people, and many sub groups within it across the nation.

My criticism however, is obviously with the group as a whole. This is not to say that I condemn the members of the organization, but more-so recognize flaws inherent with the overall interaction with the American public. As Kevin pointed out, much could be done to repair and rejuvenate the validity of the group if they were to speak out against violence arising across the nation in the form of riots, raids blind anger, hate, etc....

A very good debater once told me, that when character is placed in question, no matter how much you want to just dismiss it, outsiders won't understand and a small time and effort needs to be sacrificed to address and restore credibility before presenting your argument and moving on to your goal. People take morality, and character over factual information

The group not only needs to claim to be peaceful, but would benefit from combating the violence arising from the "movements". So much blame and resulting hate is associated with the group now, that it is causing division, and honestly besides looking good, it might be an effective way to save lives immediately that would be lost to anger and fear based discourse....Something that is well within the confines of the groups stated purpose.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 3:58:47 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM, thebiglarry wrote:
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.

If you feel threatened by this so called Black Lives Movement. It only means one thing. You are a spineless, yellow bellied, coward. Comments.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 7:48:12 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.

so you don't believe in so called white privilege, reparations and most of what the feminist believe, for the reason you just mentioned you can't paint a whole group with the same brush, right?
however to your point blm needs to better and consistantly address those who do violence and hate under the blm banner, otherwise by not doing it, it's like they approve it.

I would not say I believe in "white privilege". More accurately, I believe that black people have not gained an equal level of privilege. And no I do not believe in reparations. I was not a slave. So I dont see your point. Do you think all black people want those things?

Maybe or maybe they just expect people to know when crazies are being crazy. The so called "leader' has came out multiple times to condemn violence. You can google interviews of people sending the same message. But if they dont listen they dont listen. What can anyone do. Crazy people are crazy.
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 7:56:22 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 7:48:12 PM, Df0512 wrote:
Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.

so you don't believe in so called white privilege, reparations and most of what the feminist believe, for the reason you just mentioned you can't paint a whole group with the same brush, right?
however to your point blm needs to better and consistantly address those who do violence and hate under the blm banner, otherwise by not doing it, it's like they approve it.

I would not say I believe in "white privilege". More accurately, I believe that black people have not gained an equal level of privilege. And no I do not believe in reparations. I was not a slave. So I dont see your point. Do you think all black people want those things?

Maybe or maybe they just expect people to know when crazies are being crazy. The so called "leader' has came out multiple times to condemn violence. You can google interviews of people sending the same message. But if they dont listen they dont listen. What can anyone do. Crazy people are crazy.

while you are correct, you should never expect much of anything from people, it's too much like assuming. I have looked on the blm facebook etc and do not see the leader or anyone condemning the violence, to me that should be one of the first things you see. Yes crazy is crazy but if that is negatively affecting you or organization you should leave no doubt that the crazy should not be associated with you. You have to maintain the proper public imagine, right or wrong that's the way it is. It sure does seem there are a lot of crazy out there wanting to harm blm image and have been very successful in doing it in their name, that's why these type of threads pop up.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 8:10:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/19/2016 6:10:41 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/19/2016 1:38:16 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:33:41 PM, thebiglarry wrote:
: At 10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.


Hey Quadrunner,
You sir/mam are great. I very much appreciate your well structured response and enjoy your willingness for debate. Many of my statements were to incite the beginning of an argument and provoke people to respond. I agree with you in that the original stance of the movement was, in my eyes, justifiable. I also agree with you in that many of the people participating in these riots and raids are just getting "sucked up" into the excitement. But I don't believe this completely pardons the movement. I think they help incite this through their hateful rhetoric. But why not combine themselves with the ALM movement? Is it an integrity thing? Or maybe I am not viewing the situation correctly. Maybe if everyone was a little more peaceful and willing to hold conversations, like NFL corner back Richard Sherman, I believe many people would feel better about the BLM movement; including myself.

Anyways,
Thanks for participating in my topic

Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.

A differentiation should be drawn in my case. I do not cast a shadow across the entire group, and recognize there are many people, and many sub groups within it across the nation.

My criticism however, is obviously with the group as a whole. This is not to say that I condemn the members of the organization, but more-so recognize flaws inherent with the overall interaction with the American public. As Kevin pointed out, much could be done to repair and rejuvenate the validity of the group if they were to speak out against violence arising across the nation in the form of riots, raids blind anger, hate, etc....

A very good debater once told me, that when character is placed in question, no matter how much you want to just dismiss it, outsiders won't understand and a small time and effort needs to be sacrificed to address and restore credibility before presenting your argument and moving on to your goal. People take morality, and character over factual information

The group not only needs to claim to be peaceful, but would benefit from combating the violence arising from the "movements". So much blame and resulting hate is associated with the group now, that it is causing division, and honestly besides looking good, it might be an effective way to save lives immediately that would be lost to anger and fear based discourse....Something that is well within the confines of the groups stated purpose.

BLM was created as a result of fear and anger. It was not a group or whatever created to bring equality to black people. It is a result to the problem, not the solution. Only members of blm and white people see it that way. Black people do not support blm as much as white people think we do. However we do sow support since we are fighting the same enemy.

BLM is not an official organization or anything like that, its a group of people who share the same ideals. All you really have to do is use the hashtag and go to a protest. I mean anyone can do that.

My point is expecting BLM to do that, at this point, is a waste of time. In my mind, these black extremist your talking about are in the same boat as KKK. Not to compare BLM to KKK. BLM still has a good message. And we all know we cant trust the media for an objective message. Good or bad. If you depend of the media for your perspective on this I can't help you. And if you honestly feel that you have sought it and found it, I really wounder what this thread is about. Let me ask, do you believe all Muslims are terrorists. Im sure you see what im getting at
kevin24018
Posts: 1,804
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 8:28:29 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 8:10:20 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/19/2016 6:10:41 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/19/2016 1:38:16 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:33:41 PM, thebiglarry wrote:
: At 10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.


Hey Quadrunner,
You sir/mam are great. I very much appreciate your well structured response and enjoy your willingness for debate. Many of my statements were to incite the beginning of an argument and provoke people to respond. I agree with you in that the original stance of the movement was, in my eyes, justifiable. I also agree with you in that many of the people participating in these riots and raids are just getting "sucked up" into the excitement. But I don't believe this completely pardons the movement. I think they help incite this through their hateful rhetoric. But why not combine themselves with the ALM movement? Is it an integrity thing? Or maybe I am not viewing the situation correctly. Maybe if everyone was a little more peaceful and willing to hold conversations, like NFL corner back Richard Sherman, I believe many people would feel better about the BLM movement; including myself.

Anyways,
Thanks for participating in my topic

Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.

A differentiation should be drawn in my case. I do not cast a shadow across the entire group, and recognize there are many people, and many sub groups within it across the nation.

My criticism however, is obviously with the group as a whole. This is not to say that I condemn the members of the organization, but more-so recognize flaws inherent with the overall interaction with the American public. As Kevin pointed out, much could be done to repair and rejuvenate the validity of the group if they were to speak out against violence arising across the nation in the form of riots, raids blind anger, hate, etc....

A very good debater once told me, that when character is placed in question, no matter how much you want to just dismiss it, outsiders won't understand and a small time and effort needs to be sacrificed to address and restore credibility before presenting your argument and moving on to your goal. People take morality, and character over factual information

The group not only needs to claim to be peaceful, but would benefit from combating the violence arising from the "movements". So much blame and resulting hate is associated with the group now, that it is causing division, and honestly besides looking good, it might be an effective way to save lives immediately that would be lost to anger and fear based discourse....Something that is well within the confines of the groups stated purpose.

BLM was created as a result of fear and anger. It was not a group or whatever created to bring equality to black people. It is a result to the problem, not the solution. Only members of blm and white people see it that way. Black people do not support blm as much as white people think we do. However we do sow support since we are fighting the same enemy.

BLM is not an official organization or anything like that, its a group of people who share the same ideals. All you really have to do is use the hashtag and go to a protest. I mean anyone can do that.

My point is expecting BLM to do that, at this point, is a waste of time. In my mind, these black extremist your talking about are in the same boat as KKK. Not to compare BLM to KKK. BLM still has a good message. And we all know we cant trust the media for an objective message. Good or bad. If you depend of the media for your perspective on this I can't help you. And if you honestly feel that you have sought it and found it, I really wounder what this thread is about. Let me ask, do you believe all Muslims are terrorists. Im sure you see what im getting at

very well explained, thank you for that perspective it was really needed ^5
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 8:59:04 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/20/2016 8:10:20 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/19/2016 6:10:41 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/19/2016 1:38:16 PM, Df0512 wrote:
At 10/6/2016 3:33:41 PM, thebiglarry wrote:
: At 10/6/2016 2:24:08 PM, Quadrunner wrote:

BLM is a fear based organization in some aspects. They focus mainly on negativity, purportedly in hopes that we feel bad enough to do something about our long standing issues. They openly play on peoples emotions by focusing again and again on the same issues they have on their agenda at the time. I believe the terroristic qualities typically come about more indirectly from individuals leading their own agenda under justification backed through the words of organizations like BLM, that can paint a one sided picture in ones mind and fuel existing hatred by poking at known soft spots shared by the masses. Its a gray area, but I don't actually recall BLM planning raids, or riots so I won't be putting them in the terrorist bin yet. If I were to humanize the organization they would be like that kid in the back of the class that you know is stirring up trouble, but never actually carries it out.

I think its only fair that you provide concrete examples from this point forward on this site when you say something so bold as "BLM raided the streets". Such generalizations are a significant player in the tensions we see today, and are to best to be minimized. Its important to differentiate from BLM did this, BLM enabled this, BLM inpired this etc.... and important to realize that there are good people still who may believe in, or even be members of the group.

I too am adamantly against it and have similar feelings to you, but the reasons for saying so require that I keep a civil tongue (not that you haven't) and do my best not practice their fundamental flaws.

The issue lies in the framework, the initial goals of the organization. Its a promotional engine. Its not equipped to show solutions, only issues. So when people get sucked into it, no good can come from it. All of the issues have been promoted, and everyone knows them, and still the organization will do nothing but repeatedly point out problems. They aren't creating classes, they aren't educating on how to rise above poverty, they aren't projecting the values we should live by,how we need to hold our families togather. I could go on forever.
The point is, when you rehabilitate a person, two things need to happen. They need to realize, admit, and acknowledge that what they were doing was somehow wrong. BLM has got that down pat, but at the same time the person needs to have something positive to work towards. That balance is crucial for healthy change, and for those who look to BLM and similar organizations as their major sources on racial issues....well there you go. We know we have problems, and the emotion is there, but the direction of individuals varies, and the direction of the people is non-existent.


Hey Quadrunner,
You sir/mam are great. I very much appreciate your well structured response and enjoy your willingness for debate. Many of my statements were to incite the beginning of an argument and provoke people to respond. I agree with you in that the original stance of the movement was, in my eyes, justifiable. I also agree with you in that many of the people participating in these riots and raids are just getting "sucked up" into the excitement. But I don't believe this completely pardons the movement. I think they help incite this through their hateful rhetoric. But why not combine themselves with the ALM movement? Is it an integrity thing? Or maybe I am not viewing the situation correctly. Maybe if everyone was a little more peaceful and willing to hold conversations, like NFL corner back Richard Sherman, I believe many people would feel better about the BLM movement; including myself.

Anyways,
Thanks for participating in my topic

Yea your both right some of them are that way, but some of them aren't. You guys, like many others, cast the same shadow across the entire group. There are extremist in every group. Just like there are realist. You can just as easily ignore them and focus on the very obvious message they making. At least they were.

A differentiation should be drawn in my case. I do not cast a shadow across the entire group, and recognize there are many people, and many sub groups within it across the nation.

My criticism however, is obviously with the group as a whole. This is not to say that I condemn the members of the organization, but more-so recognize flaws inherent with the overall interaction with the American public. As Kevin pointed out, much could be done to repair and rejuvenate the validity of the group if they were to speak out against violence arising across the nation in the form of riots, raids blind anger, hate, etc....

A very good debater once told me, that when character is placed in question, no matter how much you want to just dismiss it, outsiders won't understand and a small time and effort needs to be sacrificed to address and restore credibility before presenting your argument and moving on to your goal. People take morality, and character over factual information

The group not only needs to claim to be peaceful, but would benefit from combating the violence arising from the "movements". So much blame and resulting hate is associated with the group now, that it is causing division, and honestly besides looking good, it might be an effective way to save lives immediately that would be lost to anger and fear based discourse....Something that is well within the confines of the groups stated purpose.

BLM was created as a result of fear and anger. It was not a group or whatever created to bring equality to black people. It is a result to the problem, not the solution. Only members of blm and white people see it that way. Black people do not support blm as much as white people think we do. However we do sow support since we are fighting the same enemy.

BLM is not an official organization or anything like that, its a group of people who share the same ideals. All you really have to do is use the hashtag and go to a protest. I mean anyone can do that.

My point is expecting BLM to do that, at this point, is a waste of time. In my mind, these black extremist your talking about are in the same boat as KKK. Not to compare BLM to KKK. BLM still has a good message. And we all know we cant trust the media for an objective message. Good or bad. If you depend of the media for your perspective on this I can't help you. And if you honestly feel that you have sought it and found it, I really wounder what this thread is about. Let me ask, do you believe all Muslims are terrorists. Im sure you see what im getting at

Black Lives Matter has just as many Whites marching down the street and tearing up crap as it is Blacks. And its also being funded by the White Power Structure. Only the misinformed masses are ignorant about how the underground racist economy works. Next time you see Malcolm X's son on Fox News, ask him this question.
How much do they pay you sir, to give on air interviews with Bill O and Sean Hannity.
Stupid f_ck.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 12:45:57 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
The group not only needs to claim to be peaceful, but would benefit from combating the violence arising from the "movements". So much blame and resulting hate is associated with the group now, that it is causing division, and honestly besides looking good, it might be an effective way to save lives immediately that would be lost to anger and fear based discourse....Something that is well within the confines of the groups stated purpose.

BLM was created as a result of fear and anger. It was not a group or whatever created to bring equality to black people. It is a result to the problem, not the solution. Only members of blm and white people see it that way. Black people do not support blm as much as white people think we do. However we do sow support since we are fighting the same enemy.

BLM is not an official organization or anything like that, its a group of people who share the same ideals. All you really have to do is use the hashtag and go to a protest. I mean anyone can do that.

My point is expecting BLM to do that, at this point, is a waste of time. In my mind, these black extremist your talking about are in the same boat as KKK. Not to compare BLM to KKK. BLM still has a good message. And we all know we cant trust the media for an objective message. Good or bad. If you depend of the media for your perspective on this I can't help you. And if you honestly feel that you have sought it and found it, I really wounder what this thread is about. Let me ask, do you believe all Muslims are terrorists. Im sure you see what im getting at

very well explained, thank you for that perspective it was really needed ^5

Just my humble opinion but your very welcome.
Df0512
Posts: 966
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2016 1:03:01 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
My criticism however, is obviously with the group as a whole. This is not to say that I condemn the members of the organization, but more-so recognize flaws inherent with the overall interaction with the American public. As Kevin pointed out, much could be done to repair and rejuvenate the validity of the group if they were to speak out against violence arising across the nation in the form of riots, raids blind anger, hate, etc....

A very good debater once told me, that when character is placed in question, no matter how much you want to just dismiss it, outsiders won't understand and a small time and effort needs to be sacrificed to address and restore credibility before presenting your argument and moving on to your goal. People take morality, and character over factual information

The group not only needs to claim to be peaceful, but would benefit from combating the violence arising from the "movements". So much blame and resulting hate is associated with the group now, that it is causing division, and honestly besides looking good, it might be an effective way to save lives immediately that would be lost to anger and fear based discourse....Something that is well within the confines of the groups stated purpose.

BLM was created as a result of fear and anger. It was not a group or whatever created to bring equality to black people. It is a result to the problem, not the solution. Only members of blm and white people see it that way. Black people do not support blm as much as white people think we do. However we do sow support since we are fighting the same enemy.

BLM is not an official organization or anything like that, its a group of people who share the same ideals. All you really have to do is use the hashtag and go to a protest. I mean anyone can do that.

My point is expecting BLM to do that, at this point, is a waste of time. In my mind, these black extremist your talking about are in the same boat as KKK. Not to compare BLM to KKK. BLM still has a good message. And we all know we cant trust the media for an objective message. Good or bad. If you depend of the media for your perspective on this I can't help you. And if you honestly feel that you have sought it and found it, I really wounder what this thread is about. Let me ask, do you believe all Muslims are terrorists. Im sure you see what im getting at

Black Lives Matter has just as many Whites marching down the street and tearing up crap as it is Blacks. And its also being funded by the White Power Structure. Only the misinformed masses are ignorant about how the underground racist economy works. Next time you see Malcolm X's son on Fox News, ask him this question.
How much do they pay you sir, to give on air interviews with Bill O and Sean Hannity.
Stupid f_ck.

Are you calling me a stupid f_ck? If so, Im not sure why. Pretty sure our points dont necessarily disagree. I definitely believe BLM is being used to pulls people attention away from actual issues. And yes powerful wealthy people are racist too. But I dont watch fox news. I wouldnt waste my time with either of those guys. Yea there are white people in the group. Thats why we refer to them as BLM and not black people.
YYW
Posts: 36,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 3:44:23 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Characterizing Black Lives Matter ("BLM") as a terrorist group is absurdity cloaked in reactionary politics. They are not, by any reasonable definition of the term, a terrorist group.

A terrorist group is a collection of people who intentionally use violence or the threat of violence in unlawful ways for political purposes. BLM has not threatened violence, or carried out acts of violence, nor have they even suggested the use of violence. Thus, BLM is not a terrorist group.

BLM is, however, a substantially disruptive political force that has, or at least once held, considerable political force. But, much like other and similar movements (e.g. Occupy Wall Street), the group dissipated for lack of leadership and central organization. So, now, it doesn't even make much sense to refer to BLM as a "group" and even less a "terrorist" one.
Tsar of DDO
Nac
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2016 1:19:58 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/6/2016 3:11:23 AM, thebiglarry wrote:
Terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims" . You don't have to look to the Middle East anymore to find it, its right here in the United States and has taken the title of the "Black Lives Matter" movement. They are inherently racist and continue to commit hate crimes. I believe they should be placed on Homeland Security's list of recognized terrorist groups. To some people, this opinion does not come as a surprise but for those who don't agree let me explain why. At first the movement itself was a justified one, with the overwhelming amount of what seemed to be "unjustified shootings" the community was outraged and they were right to take a stand! But since then, the movement has morphed into a monster. They have taken to the streets destroying innocent businesses and looting and rioting. "Protesting" whichever shooting they deem fit. Never choosing to protest for the innocent young white men killed, only when a young black man is killed by a white person (may I remind you a striking 93% of black homicides are done by a person of the same color). They also HATE the "All Lives Matter" movement. They complain of the fundamental racism but THEY in fact are the ones who are racist. Feel free to respond.

If I may...

I think that your definition can be drawn into question. I believe it came from the Google definition, and that can easily be drawn into question. Beating someone up for voting for Candidate A, and threatening to do it again if they do not vote for Candidate B would be terrorism under this definition. It is using violence and intimidation for some goal in the realm of politics. However, I would not call this terrorism, as I would say that this lessens the impact of the word.

I would say that we should use the definition of domestic terrorism from the US legal code, as I believe that judging a movement by the definition of their own country would have the most impact.

So here it is:

"the term "domestic terrorism" means activities that"
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended"
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States."

https://www.law.cornell.edu...

If you can provide evidence for these events, as well as some metric by which we can claim that the movement itself is responsible (such as it being done by the majority of members, leaders of the movement partaking in or even condoning the actions, etc.), then I would be extremely interested to read it.

Until then, though, I'm going to remain at the position that BLM is a poorly constructed movement, but not a terrorist group.

Cheers.