Jump to topic:

The Eugenicists Who . . .

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 12:52:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What do you all think of those eugenicists who believe in the sterilization of the poor for they assume some genetic factor makes them rich and successful and keeps the poor well poor as well as believing that the rich are the most productive members of society is the sole reason for sterilizing the everyone else but themselves . . . they fail to recognize that there must always be a lower class to support the higher classes, the importance of remedial labor, the importance of socioeconomic factors, and just about every variable of importance in the world . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 12:56:37 PM
At 1/16/2011 12:52:08 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
What do you all think of those eugenicists who believe in the sterilization of the poor for they assume some genetic factor makes them rich and successful and keeps the poor well poor as well as believing that the rich are the most productive members of society is the sole reason for sterilizing the everyone else but themselves . . . they fail to recognize that there must always be a lower class to support the higher classes, the importance of remedial labor, the importance of socioeconomic factors, and just about every variable of importance in the world . . .

Exactly which geneticist believes people are poor due to genes, and would like to sterilize them?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:03:12 PM

I almost ran out of breath reading this. Periods and commas, lol.

But I have to agree with Innomen, who is saying that being poor is genetic?

I know that many people believe that it is environmental, that poor families raise their children with a mindset that accepts being poor, rather then trying to get out of being poor. But I don't know any that think it is genetic.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:07:53 PM
At 1/16/2011 12:56:37 PM, innomen wrote:

Exactly which geneticist believes people are poor due to genes, and would like to sterilize them?

I read a history of genetics and there was an chapter on the rise and fall of eugenics, it starts wit talking about animal and plant domestication, then it leads into the eugenics movement, the first members of this movement simply wanted to remove biological ailments such as mental retardation and other such diseases y the selective breeding of humans (freedom of will, no sterilization) then some rich eugenicists believed that there was an biological factor which made the poor and tried to push sterilization of the poor, I just cant remember the books name . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:08:19 PM
Eugenicists don't understand that poor people are still productive. Thanks to capital accumulation, the "fitness" level required to produce more than you consume (earn a living) is always decreasing.
Things that are so interesting:

http://www.debate.org...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:13:13 PM
At 1/16/2011 1:08:19 PM, Sieben wrote:
Eugenicists don't understand that poor people are still productive. Thanks to capital accumulation, the "fitness" level required to produce more than you consume (earn a living) is always decreasing.

I am talking about this particular type of eugenicist not all types, my great great great great great Jamaican grandfather was a eugenicist who brew rum, when a particular strain of yeast did not meet standards it was destroyed leaving only finer yeast strains, eugenics . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:16:26 PM
Yea really eugenicists should support a genetic caste system, with only limited mobility.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Sieben
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:25:26 PM
At 1/16/2011 1:13:13 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I am talking about this particular type of eugenicist not all types, my great great great great great Jamaican grandfather was a eugenicist who brew rum, when a particular strain of yeast did not meet standards it was destroyed leaving only finer yeast strains, eugenics . . .

In the OP you wrote "What do you all think of those eugenicists who believe in the sterilization of the poor"

So yeast is non topical. Learn to read your own posts.
Things that are so interesting:

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:51:39 PM
At 1/16/2011 1:25:26 PM, Sieben wrote:
At 1/16/2011 1:13:13 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

In the OP you wrote "What do you all think of those eugenicists who believe in the sterilization of the poor"

So yeast is non topical. Learn to read your own posts.

I was trying to remind you to be specific bout which type of eugenicist you are referring to, and yeast can be found at tropical regions, plus these are the sugar islands the number one producers of rum, look at Africa tons of people brew there and it is tropical http://en.wikipedia.org... http://journals.cambridge.org... don't get e started . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 1:57:50 PM
At 1/16/2011 1:56:01 PM, innomen wrote:
I'm thinking you pulled that OP out of your rear end.

Nope it was from a book . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 2:31:11 PM
Eugenics obviously has pro's and con's. The slippery slope about it is outlined in the movie GATICA, where people who's genes have not been manipulated are treated as inferiors. Could be the next type of discrimination.

I think any time we play God there's bound to be some drawbacks, no matter how positive the positives are.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2011 2:36:16 PM
I totally spelled that wrong. It's "Gattaca," which is a clever way of arranging a gene sequence.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)