Jump to topic:

The whole LGBT Ruckus

JustJim97
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 12:23:08 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
I don't understand why the LGBT community would want approval from those who they perceive as bigots and phobic of their beliefs. I understand that there may be legal and financial disadvantages for marriage not being legally approved but is that really worth causing all this mess? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to enforce it on others, even if they are truthfully wrong. In fact, I do not understand why everything to do with sexuality is being portrayed as such an open topic in mainstream media when there are so many conflicting perspectives on this topic.

To put this into a harsher shade of light, this is a minority in a democracy... what can they expect?
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2016 2:42:47 PM
At 10/10/2016 12:23:08 PM, JustJim97 wrote:
I don't understand why the LGBT community would want approval from those who they perceive as bigots and phobic of their beliefs. I understand that there may be legal and financial disadvantages for marriage not being legally approved but is that really worth causing all this mess? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to enforce it on others, even if they are truthfully wrong. In fact, I do not understand why everything to do with sexuality is being portrayed as such an open topic in mainstream media when there are so many conflicting perspectives on this topic.

To put this into a harsher shade of light, this is a minority in a democracy... what can they expect?

It is only messy to those who oppose gay marriage because they are waiting for society to crumble and to be smitten by God. For the rest of us, it is time to move on.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 11:37:32 PM
At 10/10/2016 2:42:47 PM, slo1 wrote:

It is only messy to those who oppose gay marriage because they are waiting for society to crumble and to be smitten by God. For the rest of us, it is time to move on.

Tangent, but why should the government legislate marriage at all? Marriage is a contract between individuals; taking it out of the government's hands solves the "gay marriage" issue forever.
JustJim97
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 11:47:20 PM
At 10/11/2016 11:37:32 PM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

Tangent, but why should the government legislate marriage at all? Marriage is a contract between individuals; taking it out of the government's hands solves the "gay marriage" issue forever.

Note, as I said, Legal and Economic effects. By being officially legislated by the government, it can be officially recorded. This is used to prevent double dipping of couples for family payments. Also, a bank will loan you more if you are officially married. Basically fake divorces are a thing. Search up why people do that.

And if that dosen't convince you... then there would be no benefits associated with marriage being officially recognized? Then why does the LGBT need to care about marriage equality at all in the first place? FFS, Their entire movement is invalid. Its just stupid.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 12:01:00 AM
At 10/11/2016 11:47:20 PM, JustJim97 wrote:

Note, as I said, Legal and Economic effects. By being officially legislated by the government, it can be officially recorded. This is used to prevent double dipping of couples for family payments. Also, a bank will loan you more if you are officially married. Basically fake divorces are a thing. Search up why people do that.

And if that dosen't convince you... then there would be no benefits associated with marriage being officially recognized? Then why does the LGBT need to care about marriage equality at all in the first place? FFS, Their entire movement is invalid. Its just stupid.

I don't see why married couples get benefits anyway. Sharing expenses is benefit enough. Giving advantages to married couples over unmarried ones is social engineering, which I'm against.
JustJim97
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 12:05:20 AM
At 10/12/2016 12:01:00 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

I don't see why married couples get benefits anyway. Sharing expenses is benefit enough. Giving advantages to married couples over unmarried ones is social engineering, which I'm against.

Well it kinda makes sense. It promotes stability? I mean just use the bank loan example. Its safer to loan to a married couple than a single person. If the guy is injured unexpectedly, the family can still somewhat pay.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 12:07:46 AM
At 10/12/2016 12:05:20 AM, JustJim97 wrote:
At 10/12/2016 12:01:00 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:

Well it kinda makes sense. It promotes stability? I mean just use the bank loan example. Its safer to loan to a married couple than a single person. If the guy is injured unexpectedly, the family can still somewhat pay.

If both their names are on the loan, their marital status should be irrelevant. By taking the loan together, they are married in that arrangement.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 1:10:03 AM

Because the gov has the obligation of handling the nullification of the marriage contract. If people live in a fantasy world and don't draft a marriage contract the state has an obligation to set standards so the kids are not stolen by one parent, the money is not stolen by one person, that booth parents are obligated to support both children financially, etc.

The state has huge financial and social repercussions if they did not have a legal definition of marriage or civil unions and what happens when they are terminated.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 3:51:23 AM

This is correct.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 3:48:16 PM

He doesn't smite everything except the abomination that rises from the ashes.
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-