Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Affirmative Action is Racist

tarakara
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.

More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

/End thread
RayOfWisdom
Posts: 11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 6:09:38 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.

Excellent provocation, and your use of a definition is, in many circumstances, a good argumentative technique. However, unfortunately for your argument, this particular discussion requires more context that simply isn't addressed when you just throw down a definition. Furthermore, your argument demonstrates that you do not understand how affirmative action truly operates.

If there are two students of equal academic standing, the affirmative action component of the application is added as an extra competitive edge that is needed to balance the redistribution of justice. Affirmative action does not give low-achieving members of minority groups opportunities solely on the basis of race. The affirmative action system does not even come into play unless an applicant demonstrates candidacy (that they merit the extra edge). This only happens if they have met every other standard of the application, and thus it is impossible for a less-qualified person of color to be favored over a better-qualified person who is not of color. Affirmative action is not something that is weighed more heavily than qualifications of merit, it is an extra category on the application that is factored into a holistic decision.

To be clear, allow me to use an example that demonstrates how affirmative action would come into play in a college application process.

Donald is a white male who attends private school, has had access to tutors his entire life and who has easily maintained a 3.8 GPA throughout high school.

Ray is an immigrant from (pick a country), who has to work to help support his less-financially-stable family, and who therefore has never had time to pursue extracurriculars or even get a tutor. Ray has somehow also maintained a 3.8 GPA throughout high school.

In this instance, the example is clear, affirmative action would come into play in order to effect justice. Is it unjust to say that one of these candidates deserves the position more than the other?

Next, I must call attention to a particular portion of your piece. You stated: "If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority."

Your statement entails
1) There are minority groups (and therefore, there are also dominant/privileged/favored majority groups)
2) White people are currently not the minority (which means they must be the majority)
3) The system functions to redistribute justice to the advantage of the least-privileged.

I invite you to consider these entailments and their implications for society and your place in it.

Finally, the colorblind sentiment that you promote is the eventual goal of such policies and civil rights advocates. However, because society is not starting from scratch, the legacies of racism and other oppressive institutions continue to this day. We cannot make them go away by simply ignoring them and trying to make one person of color a spokesperson for the issue is both callous and very telling.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 1:48:57 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

white women are a part of the caucasian demographic...Nice attempt at sexism..
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 1:49:46 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 6:09:38 PM, RayOfWisdom wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.




Excellent provocation, and your use of a definition is, in many circumstances, a good argumentative technique. However, unfortunately for your argument, this particular discussion requires more context that simply isn't addressed when you just throw down a definition. Furthermore, your argument demonstrates that you do not understand how affirmative action truly operates.

If there are two students of equal academic standing, the affirmative action component of the application is added as an extra competitive edge that is needed to balance the redistribution of justice. Affirmative action does not give low-achieving members of minority groups opportunities solely on the basis of race. The affirmative action system does not even come into play unless an applicant demonstrates candidacy (that they merit the extra edge). This only happens if they have met every other standard of the application, and thus it is impossible for a less-qualified person of color to be favored over a better-qualified person who is not of color. Affirmative action is not something that is weighed more heavily than qualifications of merit, it is an extra category on the application that is factored into a holistic decision.

To be clear, allow me to use an example that demonstrates how affirmative action would come into play in a college application process.

Donald is a white male who attends private school, has had access to tutors his entire life and who has easily maintained a 3.8 GPA throughout high school.

Ray is an immigrant from (pick a country), who has to work to help support his less-financially-stable family, and who therefore has never had time to pursue extracurriculars or even get a tutor. Ray has somehow also maintained a 3.8 GPA throughout high school.

In this instance, the example is clear, affirmative action would come into play in order to effect justice. Is it unjust to say that one of these candidates deserves the position more than the other?

Next, I must call attention to a particular portion of your piece. You stated: "If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority."

Your statement entails
1) There are minority groups (and therefore, there are also dominant/privileged/favored majority groups)
2) White people are currently not the minority (which means they must be the majority)
3) The system functions to redistribute justice to the advantage of the least-privileged.

I invite you to consider these entailments and their implications for society and your place in it.

Finally, the colorblind sentiment that you promote is the eventual goal of such policies and civil rights advocates. However, because society is not starting from scratch, the legacies of racism and other oppressive institutions continue to this day. We cannot make them go away by simply ignoring them and trying to make one person of color a spokesperson for the issue is both callous and very telling.

^^this
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 1:55:36 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women, but regardless of who benefits the most it is still unethical. Hell I personally benefit from foodstamps, but it is an unethical program that does more harm than good.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:00:47 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

You claimed white people as a whole benefited most and cited an argument that stated white women as a whole. It would be just as stupid as claiming that humanity benefited from enslaving blacks, and then when you point out that no whites did, somebody correct you and tell you that whites are part of humanity.

a piece of the cake does not constitute the whole cake.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 2:28:55 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 1:48:57 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

white women are a part of the caucasian demographic...Nice attempt at sexism..

Fallacy of composition. White women doesn't constitute white people in total, and there's no evidence to suggest that the "white" part of "white woman" is the reason for them being helped, rather than the "woman" part of their physical and mental characteristics.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 7:16:10 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 1:55:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women, but regardless of who benefits the most it is still unethical. Hell I personally benefit from foodstamps, but it is an unethical program that does more harm than good.

Why is morality at play when it comes to welfare? If that is the case then having police is "unethical" or social security, or anything related to socialism.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 7:18:18 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 2:00:47 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

You claimed white people as a whole benefited most and cited an argument that stated white women as a whole. It would be just as stupid as claiming that humanity benefited from enslaving blacks, and then when you point out that no whites did, somebody correct you and tell you that whites are part of humanity.

a piece of the cake does not constitute the whole cake.

Ok... "White women" still a part of that demographic...I know truth is hard to swallow especially coming from several sources.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 1:27:46 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 7:16:10 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:55:36 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women, but regardless of who benefits the most it is still unethical. Hell I personally benefit from foodstamps, but it is an unethical program that does more harm than good.

Why is morality at play when it comes to welfare? If that is the case then having police is "unethical" or social security, or anything related to socialism.

Social security is unethical yes, but not police. The reason being is because the police can and should exist to protect negative rights, and is consistent with the role of government.
Wylted
Posts: 21,167
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 1:31:10 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 7:18:18 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:00:47 AM, Wylted wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems

Ok... "White women" still a part of that demographic...I know truth is hard to swallow especially coming from several sources.

Yes a part of the demographic not that demographic. I am unsure why you think I would have a problem excepting that white women benefit from affirmative action more than other groups. I have so little bias in that respect I did not even bother to look for whatever studies those articles are citing. I just don't care
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Fernyx
Posts: 308
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 6:29:08 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

Whites benefit more because there are more white women in america than blacks in general. Then again, they are not benefiting because they are white, but because they are women. This does not change the fact that Affirmative Action is discriminatory, especially towards Asians.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:51:20 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 6:29:08 PM, Fernyx wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

Whites benefit more because there are more white women in america than blacks in general. Then again, they are not benefiting because they are white, but because they are women. This does not change the fact that Affirmative Action is discriminatory, especially towards Asians.

yes like black on black crime etc... excuses excuses...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:54:34 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...

"Public strongly backs affirmative action programs on campus". Did you even read it or did you just find the first thing that came up when you googled "how can I make myself look like less of an idiot"?
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2016 11:57:48 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 11:54:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...

"Public strongly backs affirmative action programs on campus". Did you even read it or did you just find the first thing that came up when you googled "how can I make myself look like less of an idiot"?

Actually I did:

"While a majority (55%) of whites support affirmative action programs"

While

http://madamenoire.com...
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:00:02 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/17/2016 11:57:48 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:54:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...

"Public strongly backs affirmative action programs on campus". Did you even read it or did you just find the first thing that came up when you googled "how can I make myself look like less of an idiot"?

Actually I did:

"While a majority (55%) of whites support affirmative action programs"

While

http://madamenoire.com...

I'll break this down for you since you seem to be having trouble wrapping your head around it.

PEOPLE LIKING AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS A SOUND POLICY, AND SIMPLY SAYING THAT "AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONS HELPS WHITE WOMEN" DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT HELPS WHITE PEOPLE IN GENERAL, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT IT HELPS THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE. WHITE WOMEN ARE HELPED BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN.

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand, but judging by your posts in the past, your lack of a brain might be the reason.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:14:56 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 12:00:02 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:57:48 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:54:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...

"Public strongly backs affirmative action programs on campus". Did you even read it or did you just find the first thing that came up when you googled "how can I make myself look like less of an idiot"?

Actually I did:

"While a majority (55%) of whites support affirmative action programs"

While

http://madamenoire.com...

I'll break this down for you since you seem to be having trouble wrapping your head around it.

PEOPLE LIKING AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS A SOUND POLICY, AND SIMPLY SAYING THAT "AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONS HELPS WHITE WOMEN" DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT HELPS WHITE PEOPLE IN GENERAL, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT IT HELPS THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE. WHITE WOMEN ARE HELPED BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN.

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand, but judging by your posts in the past, your lack of a brain might be the reason.

I posted that article stupid because I wanted to compare and contrast regardless if its non-partisan compared to others its wrong.
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:22:54 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 12:14:56 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/18/2016 12:00:02 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:57:48 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:54:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...

"Public strongly backs affirmative action programs on campus". Did you even read it or did you just find the first thing that came up when you googled "how can I make myself look like less of an idiot"?

Actually I did:

"While a majority (55%) of whites support affirmative action programs"

While

http://madamenoire.com...

I'll break this down for you since you seem to be having trouble wrapping your head around it.

PEOPLE LIKING AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS A SOUND POLICY, AND SIMPLY SAYING THAT "AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONS HELPS WHITE WOMEN" DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT HELPS WHITE PEOPLE IN GENERAL, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT IT HELPS THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE. WHITE WOMEN ARE HELPED BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN.

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand, but judging by your posts in the past, your lack of a brain might be the reason.

I posted that article stupid because I wanted to compare and contrast regardless if its non-partisan compared to others its wrong.

The thread is about affirmative action being racist you braindead idiot and you even made the argument that affirmative action helps white people by showing that it helps white women, which aren't the "defining point" of white people. Learn to read your own damn sentences before acting like a smart a$$
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Hiu
Posts: 980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:25:07 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 12:22:54 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/18/2016 12:14:56 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/18/2016 12:00:02 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:57:48 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:54:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...

"Public strongly backs affirmative action programs on campus". Did you even read it or did you just find the first thing that came up when you googled "how can I make myself look like less of an idiot"?

Actually I did:

"While a majority (55%) of whites support affirmative action programs"

While

http://madamenoire.com...

I'll break this down for you since you seem to be having trouble wrapping your head around it.

PEOPLE LIKING AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS A SOUND POLICY, AND SIMPLY SAYING THAT "AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONS HELPS WHITE WOMEN" DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT HELPS WHITE PEOPLE IN GENERAL, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT IT HELPS THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE. WHITE WOMEN ARE HELPED BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN.

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand, but judging by your posts in the past, your lack of a brain might be the reason.

I posted that article stupid because I wanted to compare and contrast regardless if its non-partisan compared to others its wrong.

The thread is about affirmative action being racist you braindead idiot and you even made the argument that affirmative action helps white people by showing that it helps white women, which aren't the "defining point" of white people. Learn to read your own damn sentences before acting like a smart a$$

You mad sir?
bballcrook21
Posts: 4,468
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2016 12:26:12 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/18/2016 12:25:07 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/18/2016 12:22:54 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/18/2016 12:14:56 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/18/2016 12:00:02 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:57:48 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:54:34 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:53:00 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:51:31 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/17/2016 11:50:32 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 6:30:18 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 7:13:24 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/15/2016 2:27:41 AM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/15/2016 1:51:32 AM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/12/2016 10:12:52 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
At 10/11/2016 11:48:59 PM, Hiu wrote:
At 10/11/2016 2:15:04 AM, tarakara wrote:
Affirmative Action is racist. The word racist by definition means prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior. Affirmative action favors those of minority races, because of past events. However, the current generation of whites are getting punished for a crime they did not commit. Do we punish the son of a murderer solely for the crime his father,or even grandfather, committed? The whole purpose of affirmative action is to right the wrongs that racism caused in the first place. It just seems counterproductive to right a wrong with another wrong. Young, hard- working, qualified whites are being denied either admission to college or a job for the sole reason of being white.This whole concept in and of itself is racist against white people.
If this progresses, soon white people will be the minority. Then, employers and college admissions officers will have to take provisions to make ensure they get fair treatment. This cycle will continue until everyone realizes that people should be considered not for race, but rather for their characteristics, accomplishments, and overall personality. As said by Morgan Freeman, "the only way to stop racism is to stop talking about it." If we keep dwelling on what happened in the past, we will not be able to move into the future. Qualified black people should not get jobs simply because of their race. They should be able to say they earned it, fair and square. Taking that away from them is as racist as not giving the job to the white person running against him simply because he is white.


More whites benefit from affirmative action

See: http://www.huffingtonpost.com...


/End thread

White women does not constitute white people in general, nor does "huffington post" constitute a good source.

http://www.vox.com...

http://www.understandingprejudice.org...

http://hlrecord.org...

need more proofs or do white women constitute something other than white?

If you think that these three sources are credible, then you should re-evaluate your judgement.

What should I list from right-wing websites? LOL

Ok here is time magazine

http://ideas.time.com...

Credibility isn't a matter of left wing or right wing bias. It's a matter of being impartial, conducting research with a good methodology, etc. Breitbart from the right and vox from the left are not credible sources. If you used a Pew source, then that would be much clearer.

Yeah right wing source...

Pew is an acclaimed research organization and is not even close to being a right wing source...

ok

http://www.pewresearch.org...

"Public strongly backs affirmative action programs on campus". Did you even read it or did you just find the first thing that came up when you googled "how can I make myself look like less of an idiot"?

Actually I did:

"While a majority (55%) of whites support affirmative action programs"

While

http://madamenoire.com...

I'll break this down for you since you seem to be having trouble wrapping your head around it.

PEOPLE LIKING AFFIRMATIVE ACTION DOES NOT MEAN THAT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION IS A SOUND POLICY, AND SIMPLY SAYING THAT "AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONS HELPS WHITE WOMEN" DOESN'T MEAN THAT IT HELPS WHITE PEOPLE IN GENERAL, NOR DOES IT MEAN THAT IT HELPS THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE WHITE. WHITE WOMEN ARE HELPED BECAUSE THEY ARE WOMEN.

I don't know why this is so hard for you to understand, but judging by your posts in the past, your lack of a brain might be the reason.

I posted that article stupid because I wanted to compare and contrast regardless if its non-partisan compared to others its wrong.

The thread is about affirmative action being racist you braindead idiot and you even made the argument that affirmative action helps white people by showing that it helps white women, which aren't the "defining point" of white people. Learn to read your own damn sentences before acting like a smart a$$

You mad sir?

I always knew you were dumb. Now I have good proof.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.