Jump to topic:

Who's at greater fault?

PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:35:20 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Should the kids have expected such a reaction, since they disrupted the golfers who did nothing to the kids, or did the golfers overreact?

I'm inclined to think that while the golfers did overreact, the kids shouldn't have been f*cking with them to begin with.

I find myself siding more with the golfers, especially the guy in the blue shirt who was trying to be fair and the little sh*t in the plaid shirt threw it right back in his face.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:47:59 AM
That was funny. The kids (although they were not tikes) totally deserved it. I worked at a golf course when i was a kid for a couple of years, and some golfers are really serious about the game. Besides, they pay to play, and those kids are probably trespassing. Yeah, they deserved it, and i would be inclined to do the same thing to the car.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 10:50:56 AM
Fvck those kids. I love it when the guy told him he hoped that car was really expensive. Those kids were being dick heads and the old codgers taught them a valuable lesson.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 11:02:18 AM
That was brilliant. Seriously what did the 'kid' expect. He played a prank, it was hilarious, the guy got angry as intended, and reacted as intended.

I still would have been on the side of the golfer if he hit the kid.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
gavin.ogden
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 11:10:00 AM
At 1/17/2011 11:02:18 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
That was brilliant. Seriously what did the 'kid' expect. He played a prank, it was hilarious, the guy got angry as intended, and reacted as intended.

That would be where I draw the line. The kid did not physically harm anyone, so I dare say the punishment should fit the crime. Had the kid hit the golfer with the car, then I would agree.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2011 11:22:14 AM
At 1/17/2011 11:10:00 AM, gavin.ogden wrote:
At 1/17/2011 11:02:18 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

That would be where I draw the line. The kid did not physically harm anyone, so I dare say the punishment should fit the crime. Had the kid hit the golfer with the car, then I would agree.

The kid ran towards him shouting and actually touched the guy. If the golfer stepped back so that the kid could retrieve his property whilst assuming a defensive stance with the golf club pulled back ready to whack him if the kid got into range, that would have been fine.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.