Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 3:24:18 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
At 10/22/2016 6:30:02 AM, Genius_Intellect wrote:
That's it.

No one deserves to be backhanded; with the exception of a parent taking a swipe at their disrespectful sassy mouthed teen.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:15:56 PM
At 10/22/2016 3:24:18 PM, Peepette wrote:
That's it.

No one deserves to be backhanded; with the exception of a parent taking a swipe at their disrespectful sassy mouthed teen.

If more women were backhanded, perhaps home cooking wouldn't be a lost art.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:22:41 PM
At 10/22/2016 5:15:56 PM, Wylted wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:27:54 PM
At 10/22/2016 5:22:41 PM, Peepette wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?

I'm teaching myself, but no. I am nowhere near as good as my grandma, and my mom was horrivle at it and never taught me cooking skills. I can make some things but am severely lacking in others like for example, making bread from scratch. Plus what I do know is not intuitive. A good cook can do it intuitevely because they know what works together. Had my mother been back handed more perhaps she would have learned the skill and could have taught me to be an intuitive cooker, but no I look at recipes, and have to learn through trial and error.

Hell about 99% of people need to use pancake batter instead of making their own, how pathetic.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:31:48 PM
At 10/22/2016 5:27:54 PM, Wylted wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?

I'm teaching myself, but no. I am nowhere near as good as my grandma, and my mom was horrivle at it and never taught me cooking skills. I can make some things but am severely lacking in others like for example, making bread from scratch. Plus what I do know is not intuitive. A good cook can do it intuitevely because they know what works together. Had my mother been back handed more perhaps she would have learned the skill and could have taught me to be an intuitive cooker, but no I look at recipes, and have to learn through trial and error.

Hell about 99% of people need to use pancake batter instead of making their own, how pathetic.

So much knowledge was lost from my great grandparents. I live with very few regrets, but living with the knowledge that I may forever lack their perspective, I encourage others to learn all they can. Nothing beats grandma's cooking, though Dad's grilling comes pretty close.
Wisdom is found where the wise seek it.
Perussi
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:34:44 PM
That's it.

The heck happened? And just because they deserve it definitely doesn't men they should get what is comming to them. (this is middleground, i do not feel this way)
Forum Record: 6/0

Funny Quotes:

"i worship satan and allahu akbar and hispanic muslims i am an illigal immigrant"
-communist_snake-

"What fuking dates are you talking about child. the and ridiculous and stay out of mummies drugs, you're fuked."
-I'll keep this anonymous...-

"fuk off bog, no one even reads your crap, what price is you hooker now?"
-same dude as above....-
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:36:15 PM
That's it.

Can you not cook?

That's sad that you feel that your mother needed a backhand to learn and teach you how to cook. I suspect she worked as well as your father. Your dad could not be held to the same responsibility of learning and teaching you how to cook? The greatest chefs in the world are men. If you can read a recipe you can cook.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:43:08 PM
At 10/22/2016 5:36:15 PM, Peepette wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?

That's sad that you feel that your mother needed a backhand to learn and teach you how to cook. I suspect she worked as well as your father. Your dad could not be held to the same responsibility of learning and teaching you how to cook? The greatest chefs in the world are men. If you can read a recipe you can cook.

There is more to cooking than reading recipes and you know it, and no. As kids we should not have been eating ramen noodles and fast food everyday. We should have been helping our mother in the kitchen learning how to be great cooks, and my mom was an Avon sales person, my dad was breaking his back doing blue collar stuff. Guess who wasn't completely exhausted after work and should have had the spare energy to provide her children with good nutritious home cooking?
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:50:09 PM
That's it.

Can you not cook?

The "greatest" cook, proven by the best food of my life, is undoubtedly one of my grandmothers. The grandmother's in the town I grew up were just phenomenal cooks, many of which took recipe's and I mean the real stuff that isn't in writing, to their graves.
bballcrook21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:51:22 PM
That's it.

Quite a lot of people deserve a backhand, but that doesn't mean you should do it.
If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand. - Friedman

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself. -Friedman

Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program. - Friedman

Society will never be free until the last Democrat is strangled with the entrails of the last Communist.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 5:56:39 PM
At 10/22/2016 5:51:22 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
That's it.

Quite a lot of people deserve a backhand, but that doesn't mean you should do it.

Nor, does it mean you shouldn't
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 6:45:45 PM
At 10/22/2016 5:43:08 PM, Wylted wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?

There is more to cooking than reading recipes and you know it, and no. As kids we should not have been eating ramen noodles and fast food everyday. We should have been helping our mother in the kitchen learning how to be great cooks, and my mom was an Avon sales person, my dad was breaking his back doing blue collar stuff. Guess who wasn't completely exhausted after work and should have had the spare energy to provide her children with good nutritious home cooking?

It's obvious cooking was not a high priority for your mom. I'll say ramen noodles and fast food gave your mom much more time to spend with you and your siblings, not having to cook and cleaning up afterwards. I can break down a whole chicken into 8 pieces in about 3 minutes, grill a perfect steak and make a dozen different sauces, just to name a few of my cooking skills; none of which my mother taught me. She taught herself to cook, she never learned at home. Being the middle child the older girls did the cooking. Anyone can learn and be self taught, especially in this internet age. Heck! my husband is a better bread baker than I am, he taught himself.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 7:34:29 PM
At 10/22/2016 6:45:45 PM, Peepette wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?

It's obvious cooking was not a high priority for your mom. I'll say ramen noodles and fast food gave your mom much more time to spend with you and your siblings, not having to cook and cleaning up afterwards. I can break down a whole chicken into 8 pieces in about 3 minutes, grill a perfect steak and make a dozen different sauces, just to name a few of my cooking skills; none of which my mother taught me. She taught herself to cook, she never learned at home. Being the middle child the older girls did the cooking. Anyone can learn and be self taught, especially in this internet age. Heck! my husband is a better bread baker than I am, he taught himself.

Spend more time with us lol. Look at how we turned out, perhaps she should have spent less around us. Plus it is silly to think that you can't spend quality time with your children by doing activities like cooking together.

And no, the internet will never teach me to cook like grandma. That is something that can only be learned through osmosis.
Peepette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2016 10:22:18 PM
At 10/22/2016 7:34:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?

Spend more time with us lol. Look at how we turned out, perhaps she should have spent less around us. Plus it is silly to think that you can't spend quality time with your children by doing activities like cooking together.

And no, the internet will never teach me to cook like grandma. That is something that can only be learned through osmosis.

But should grandma get the back hand for not teaching you how to cook?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 12:37:25 AM

Of course not. I never implied my mom or grandma should be back handed or even that back handing women was a good ideal. I merely pointed out a benefit of doing so. I did not advocate for it.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:50:55 AM
At 10/23/2016 12:37:25 AM, Wylted wrote:

Of course not. I never implied my mom or grandma should be back handed or even that back handing women was a good ideal. I merely pointed out a benefit of doing so. I did not advocate for it.

You clearly haven't tried it then
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:58:29 AM
At 10/22/2016 10:22:18 PM, Peepette wrote:
At 10/22/2016 7:34:29 PM, Wylted wrote:
That's it.

Can you not cook?

Old people don't deserve to be back handed for anything. That's like manners 10101

You respect your elders. Your question is silly.
mc9
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2016 8:18:00 PM
At 10/22/2016 5:51:22 PM, bballcrook21 wrote:
That's it.

Well said
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2016 7:28:02 PM
At 10/25/2016 7:54:09 PM, Df0512 wrote:
So do some men.

No, men receive the palm of the hand.
Genius_Intellect
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 12:41:21 AM
At 10/26/2016 11:57:06 PM, Hiu wrote:
Bunch of thugs, the lot of you....Where are your parents?

At least I know who my dad is.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:27:01 PM
At 10/26/2016 7:28:02 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
So do some men.

Your sexist bro
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:32:10 PM
At 10/26/2016 11:57:06 PM, Hiu wrote:
Bunch of thugs, the lot of you....Where are your parents?

The woodshed
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:39:22 PM
At 10/27/2016 7:27:01 PM, Df0512 wrote:
So do some men.

Your sexist bro

I am, but its because I think women are the fairer of the sexes.

I laughed so hard that the difference between men and women was the first thing for me to be criticized by in this thread...Like the abusive tendencies are fine, but bro...that's sexist. C'mon now.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 7:58:37 PM
At 10/27/2016 7:39:22 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
So do some men.

Your sexist bro

I laughed so hard that the difference between men and women was the first thing for me to be criticized by in this thread...Like the abusive tendencies are fine, but bro...that's sexist. C'mon now.

lol I was joking.
Quadrunner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 8:02:41 PM
At 10/27/2016 7:58:37 PM, Df0512 wrote:
So do some men.

Your sexist bro

lol I was joking.

Good haha, I'm still shaking off the last chuckles
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2016 8:59:22 PM
At 10/27/2016 8:02:41 PM, Quadrunner wrote:
At 10/27/2016 7:58:37 PM, Df0512 wrote:
So do some men.

Your sexist bro

lol I was joking.

Good haha, I'm still shaking off the last chuckles

But I know, I would love a feminist to actually answer this question. Is it sexist to slap a woman with a back had but slap a man with the front? Are all faces slapped equally?